Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crusher71

Colin for Fitz straight up?

10 posts in this topic

I have been offered Kaepernick if I give up Larry Fitz.I feel shaky about my existing QBs: Josh Freeman, Cutler, Vick, Gabbert, KolbMy other WRs: AJ Green, Stevie Johnson, James Jones, Josh Gordon, Emm SandersIt's a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex must start league. Obviously, WRs are a premium, but I'm not at all confident in my QBs and Colin could be a long time stud. Set me straight guys.

I have been offered Kaepernick if I give up Larry Fitz.I feel shaky about my existing QBs: Josh Freeman, Cutler, Vick, Gabbert, KolbMy other WRs: AJ Green, Stevie Johnson, James Jones, Josh Gordon, Emm SandersIt's a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex must start league. Obviously, WRs are a premium, but I'm not at all confident in my QBs and Colin could be a long time stud. Set me straight guys.

I should have mentioned that this is a 12-team PPR league, IDP dynasty format with 35-man rosters.C'mon brothers, I am counting on you!

I should have mentioned that this is a 12-team PPR league, IDP dynasty format with 35-man rosters.C'mon brothers, I am counting on you!
What do you say fellas? I'd love to hear opinions on this. I am leaning towards rejecting the deal because this league hordes WRs due to the starter requirements and I can "probably" get by on the band of misfit QBs that I have. But as a SF Niners fan, I've watched all of CK's games and I'm sold on the talent. His scores have been great since becoming a starter.I also have faith in Fitz as a next-level talent. He just needs a credible healthy QB to play with, which he didn't have for too many games this year...he sure did burn me this year, that's for sure.Thanks.

I say how is the rest of your team? Are you a top contender, middle of the road, bottom feeder? Now may be the time to trade Fitz if you are not a legit contender but I would explore other offers as well for a big name like Fitz.Long term Kaep. looks nice if he can maintain anything near what he has been doing.

Personally, I would take the trade and rely upon Colin K as the QB cornerstone of your franchise's future (at least a half-dozen seasons or more). And then you'll just have to be a very clever owner/head coach to build a competitive team around him. And more importantly, if you own Colin K then you will not be kicking yourself every month for the "rest of your fantasy career" for not making a decision to do so.GL, but you will definitely soon start to look like a genius - and it will snowball from that point onward. :):thumbup:

try james jones/gordon and one of your QBs in return...

i also think kaep looks nice if he can continue to do what hes been doing. I would do the deal.FWIW:in a 10 team ppr, i needed a WR so i offered kaep for fitz (this was before Kaep's playoff game in GB) and i was rejected and told that "his rankings and my rankings are completely different"