Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brown

Dynasty Startup Draft

2 posts in this topic

In a 14 team dynasty startup. QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,Flex,TE,K,DT. 25 man rosters, PPR, 6pt passing TDs. Looked at some drafts posted in threads and noticed some studs like Newton and Luck going after the first round. I know scoring system has a lot to do with it, but really don't see why either would even make it to the end of the first round. I assumed that Rodgers, Luck and Newton would all be top 10 players?Any advice for a newbie is appriciated.

In a 14 team dynasty startup. QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,Flex,TE,K,DT. 25 man rosters, PPR, 6pt passing TDs. Looked at some drafts posted in threads and noticed some studs like Newton and Luck going after the first round. I know scoring system has a lot to do with it, but really don't see why either would even make it to the end of the first round. I assumed that Rodgers, Luck and Newton would all be top 10 players?Any advice for a newbie is appriciated.

QB "value" in dynasty league is based on a few parameters, to me the most important one is league size. In a 10 team league where you only start 1 QB, their values are diminished a bit, as each team can have a "top 10" QB and be happy. In larger leagues, like your 14 teamer, QB value goes up a bit as there are more teams wanting the same number of top end QBs. Think of it this way, if you could land Ryan or Stafford or even Brees in the 2nd round, why would you take Rodgers or Luck or Newton in the first? Now if your pick in the 2nd round doesn't come around till the 20th player off the board (and you didn't take a QB in the first), you'll likely not land Rodgers, Brees, Cam, Luck, Ryan, and maybe not RG3 or Stafford....but maybe you could take Kaepernick or Wilson or Brady or Eli and be ok. If things really get "bad" and you miss out on all those, just take Peyton in the 4th or 5th round and pair him up with a younger QB like Tanny late.