Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skinnypig888

Dynasty Trade - give Kaepernick, get Russell Wilson?

10 posts in this topic

I have Kaepernick in my Dynasty league. Being a Seattle fan, was considering trading Kaepernick for Russell Wilson. Both QBs are very cheap salary cap-wise. Kaep = $1.1m; Wilson = $1.5m;I might be able to get the other owner to throw in a WR like a $1m Marvin Jones (who I really like actually), or $0.5m Kris Durham.Kaep and Wilson seem very similar players (aside from size) and play in similar offenses. And, although, Kaep has the better O-Line, I like some of Wilson's intangibles better - gives me this gut feeling that he might be the better long-term, dynasty option. I think a guy like Jones or Durham might sweeten the deal enough. Thoughts?Would you do this trade?

if it was my choice, i would want kaepernick over wilson. Ive felt that way for a while now.

Tough one to call here, but if you can get a throw-in that you like, I'd do it. I don't see much separation between Kaep and Russ Wilson, although given the Kaep's size and other plus tools I think I would take him over Russ Wilson if it was just straight up. The added player would probably swing me across the line to Russ Wilson's side though.

Very close. I am participating in a start up draft next week and I have Kaep slightly above Wilson.I don't think much of either Jones or Durham, so throwing them in would not add enough value to close the deal. I would stick with Kaep but roll with the one you like better.

Thanks for the replies and opinions. I pulled the trigger on this trade, got Marvin Jones in the deal, too. I know some dont thing much, but he's on my shortlist of guys who could really take a step forward next year....Mel Kiper thinks so too. ;-)

You should be able to trade Kaepernick for Wilson+ unless the Wilson owner knows your Seahawks soft spot. Otherwise I would sit until the other owner comes back to you. Kap hype (well deserved) is likely to continue and grow this offseason. Wait and you can get more. I really like Wilson also and understand the intangibles he bring. Same thoughts.

You should be able to trade Kaepernick for Wilson+ unless the Wilson owner knows your Seahawks soft spot. Otherwise I would sit until the other owner comes back to you. Kap hype (well deserved) is likely to continue and grow this offseason. Wait and you can get more. I really like Wilson also and understand the intangibles he bring. Same thoughts.

I doubt you will get a premium. Would Kaep go earlier in a startup? Perhaps. But that doesn't mean Wilson owner is going to add anything to get Kaep when the two are so similarly valued.