Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

football fan

Please Help!

7 posts in this topic

I had inherited an orphan team about two years ago, and it was a total rebuild. Now after two rookie drafts, I am strong at QB and I have Jamal Charles, otherwise I am hurting at RB, and I have OK WRs, but nothing to brag about (Miles Austin & DeSean Jackson are my best two WRs).The league is basically a 12 team PPR, start one QB league, and every position has different scoring rules, but out of the top scorers in my league last year, 13 players out of the top 15 ff scorers were QBs. So, in my opinion QBs are good value.There are two teams that I am considering to approach to make a trade offer, one team has Trent Richardson at RB with Vick & Tannehill at QB, and the other team is loaded at RB and has Shady McCoy, and the only good QB is Peyton Manning.I also have the 1.02 rookie pick in our draft.I have these QBs on my current roster:Cousins, Kirk WAS QBFlynn, Matt SEA QBGriffin III, Robert WAS QBKaepernick, Colin SFO QBLuck, Andrew IND QBRyan, Matt ATL QBWilson, Russell SEA QBI consider Luck untradable because I want to keep him for the long run, and I will want to keep three good QBs for depth reasons during the season.What QB(s) and/or other considerations would you offer for someone like Trent Richardson or Shady McCoy?One other thought, I might consider making an offer for Aaron Rodgers, would offering two good QBs be a fair offer for Rodgers?All opinions welcome!

My approach would be to be willing to trade any and all QB in a deal to help improve your RB or WR. I would let the league know and see who comes looking or whom. I think you still need to build some talent up on that roster so I would not pay the price or Rodgers. Try bundling some of that QB talent with Austin and DeSean or a better dynasty RB or WR. I don't know that I would target a specific RB like Richardson or McCoy, I would just assemble the best young talent you can rom the teams interested in a QB.

keep Luck and RGIII and trade everyone else; problem is in 12 team leagues people don't give up much for QBs in the off-season

Sell high on Kap and Wilson for RB and WR depth

As KellysHeroes noted, this is probably not the best time to move a QB. I would prefer in the offseason to wait until right before the rookie draft.That said, IMO you really don't need to stockpile QBs for depth. Look at 2012 at the top 10 fantasy scorers and you will see that 9 out of 10 QBs started 16 games (with RG3 being the exception with 15). If you have Luck, all you really need is one solid backup (yes, both Luck and your #2 QB could both be injured at the same time but I have rarely seen that happen). Personally, I would rather use the roster space for some developmental players rather than several QBs that are just bench warmers.However, since you appear to be the type to play it safe, I would keep Kaep and Wilson for the time being and try to move RG3/Cousins to the Peyton owner. You said he is loaded at RB, however I wouldn't except him to part with McCoy straight up, but you could probably work out a deal for his 2nd or 3rd string RB or perhaps a couple of players.

Find a draft pick for Flynn. Trade RG3/Cousins, Kaepernick, or Wilson in some sort of package for an elite RB or WR

Find a draft pick for Flynn. Trade RG3/Cousins, Kaepernick, or Wilson in some sort of package for an elite RB or WR

Thanks for all the wisdom guys, I was thinking of a deal similar to the one in the quote as an initial offer to one of the QB hurting teams (I can always substitute in a guy like Miles Austin for Kaepernick or Wilson). I also understand the wait and let them make the offer suggestion, but the personally of my league is that you have to be aggressive to initiate a trade because owners in this league rarely trade unless you initiate a trade situation.Also, I was going to deal Flynn if he went to a different team in real life, and I was going to attempt to keep RG3/Cousins, and Wilson/Flynn as a pair (why break them up from their handcuffs?)My league drafts right after the NFL draft. so I figured I get a few months to ponder this situation over before our league does draft.Would an offer of RG3/Cousins along with Miles Austin or Kaepernick for a elite RB reasonable for an initial offer?