What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

League filled (1 Viewer)

Bamac

Footballguy
Standard PPR dynasty with a few wrinkles. Most notably, (1) Weighted, NBA-style lottery among non-playoff teams for 1.01 and 1.02 rookie picks; (2) Skunk Bowl winner gets "bonus" 1.13 rookie pick; and (3) no kickers.Home page: http://www7.myfantasyleague.com/2012/home/64077#0Scoring: http://football7.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=64077&O=09Bylaws: http://football7.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=64077&O=26PM me with questions or to sign up. (Or email hop.head.dynasty@gmail.com.) Will draft (slow draft) as soon as all teams are paid. 2013 Rookie picks will be available in draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note on Leaguesafe: I've used it before (as a player, not a commish), and I prefer the convenience of direct payment. Of course, I understand why others would take the minor inconvenience for a bit more security.

Think I am interested. Have another start up that begins next week, as long as I am doing the prep might as well join another league.Question - how slow is the slow draft? For some reason, when I was looking at the site there was an indication it was 6 hours, which is not a slow draft (24 hours is traditional, but in recent years people on boards have been calling 12 hours slow, which it really isn't).

Think I am interested. Have another start up that begins next week, as long as I am doing the prep might as well join another league.Question - how slow is the slow draft? For some reason, when I was looking at the site there was an indication it was 6 hours, which is not a slow draft (24 hours is traditional, but in recent years people on boards have been calling 12 hours slow, which it really isn't).
It'll be a 12-hour timer that stops between midnight and 6am (eastern).

'Bamac said:
'squistion said:
OK I am in, will send a PM with email contact info.

'Bamac said:
'squistion said:
OK I am in, will send a PM with email contact info.

You mention draft picks yet the draft won't be until the end of April and Feb is early for drafting without know where everyone may end up.

You mention draft picks yet the draft won't be until the end of April and Feb is early for drafting without know where everyone may end up.
We'll only be drafting rookie picks, not players, in February (as part of the startup). The rookie draft itself will be after the NFL draft.

Note on Leaguesafe: I've used it before (as a player, not a commish), and I prefer the convenience of direct payment. Of course, I understand why others would take the minor inconvenience for a bit more security.
This isn't going to end well. :no:

LeagueSafe is not for everyone but if it something you require, then don't join. I am in 3 leagues that are a decade old and have never used Leaguesafe and they are all doing fine, so I am willing to take the risk in a $50 dollar league.

Come on, folks. I know LeagueSafe is nice, but it's $50 which likely isn't worth the LeagueSafe hassle. I waiting for them to mail me a VISA card. Lets get the league filled! :thumbup:

'AF Retired said:
The league sound good but the draft is taking part way to early for me.
I think you'll find that leagues drafting this early have some of the most involved, active owners. Plus, you still get to see where rookies land before we do the rookie draft.

'AF Retired said:
The league sound good but the draft is taking part way to early for me.
There are some wildcards with free agency and the NFL draft but that can be taken in account in the league draft. For instance if you like Ryan Williams in AZ you should factor in that a free agent RB might be brought in (like Mendy) or perhaps the Cards might take a RB with an early round pick. I usually try to join at least one startup draft a year. But sometimes when I have waited until May or June I haven't found any leagues that meet my criteria for number of teams, rosters, etc. And if this league was drafting rookies instead of draft slots I wouldn't touch it. I actually prefer a reverse draft order (somewhat modified) for the rookie draft - but nobody likes that but me. :hophead: And actually making the rookie picks themselves part of the draft adds an additional element of strategy (for instance, where should the first round picks be taken? How early, how late?).

That's not cool man. There are a lot more legit Commish's out there then there are crooks. I run two leagues and also a playoff pool all through PayPal. Payouts go out within 24 hours of game completion. Leaguesafe is a pain in the ###.

Had an owner back out after the league filled, so we're still looking for one more. Almost everyone has paid, so draft order should be set within days.

Users who are viewing this thread