What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

House of Cards on Netflix (1 Viewer)

In, after I read EP/writer/showrunner Beau Willimon's comments on the lead character :"You’ll hear time and time again in the television world about likability and I say, 'F### likability,'" Willimon said. "I do not give a s##t whether my viewers like my characters. I do give a s##t whether they’re attracted to them. And those are two fundamentally different things."

Kevin Spacey is :moneybag: , and the trailer makes this easily worth a spin on Netflix all in one shot.Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Netflix has 5 series coming out this year and invested 300M in original content. If they are all high quality stuff then they will be real players in the TV game

Netflix has 5 series coming out this year and invested 300M in original content. If they are all high quality stuff then they will be real players in the TV game
This really feels like it could be the wave of the future for TV. :gamechanger:

based on BBC show, fyi.
And what a work of genius THAT was. It went three seasons too, with To Play The King and The Final Cut. Utterly brilliant. Will they be able to find a lead to live up to Ian Richardson?
Worth watching the original 1st? or after watching this one?
IMO the first would be very difficult to surpass. I'd watch that first but at the risk of the remake disappointing.

Watching the first episode right now. It's shot beautifully but boring as all get out so far.
Yea I just put it on as well. Lotta build up so far, not that I'm surprised. I love Kate Mara, even dressed down with no makeup I want I want to bury my head in her lap. Something about her....Spacey looks like he's going to play the "bad guy" in the series. Always liked him in the villian role.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting thing about a netflix series...they potentially can have more "build-up" than a traditional series. I mean, I guess people will stop watching if its TOO boring, but in a traditional format, you better have something major happen in the first few weeks or people will tune out.

Interesting thing about a netflix series...they potentially can have more "build-up" than a traditional series. I mean, I guess people will stop watching if its TOO boring, but in a traditional format, you better have something major happen in the first few weeks or people will tune out.
Personally I would love having the option of watching an entire season if given the option. This alone makes it extremely attractive and I suspect I'm not alone.

Watching the first episode right now. It's shot beautifully but boring as all get out so far.
Yea I just put it on as well. Lotta build up so far, not that I'm surprised. I love Kate Mara, even dressed down with no makeup I want I want to bury my head in her lap. Something about her....Spacey looks like he's going to play the "bad guy" in the series. Always liked him in the villian role.
Love Kate Mara as well (yummy) and Spacey is an awesome actor, but the show didn't work for me. Killing a dog to open the show and having Spacey talk directly to the camera turned me off. I also feel like the subject matter has been covered too many times. There is nothing that shocks me about politics at this point.The show is in a much higher HD format than other Netflix streaming options and having all of the episodes is great, except for the fact that I don't want to watch them. Others may like it, but I couldn't get into it.

1 down 12 more to go. This show looks like its right up my alley and I kind of like the talking to the camera thing, makes you instantly know what he is thinking and who everyone is.

Love Kate Mara as well (yummy) and Spacey is an awesome actor, but the show didn't work for me. Killing a dog to open the show and having Spacey talk directly to the camera turned me off. I also feel like the subject matter has been covered too many times. There is nothing that shocks me about politics at this point.

The show is in a much higher HD format than other Netflix streaming options and having all of the episodes is great, except for the fact that I don't want to watch them. Others may like it, but I couldn't get into it.
i kind of agree with this sentiment. i am sure that this ground was covered by another hammy actor named Kelsey Grammer when "Boss" was airing.

If Homeland and Dexter can do well with 2-3 million viewers I wonder what the break-even point for Netflix is.

If Homeland and Dexter can do well with 2-3 million viewers I wonder what the break-even point for Netflix is.
Netflix invested a lot of money into this show and the goal would be to prove the concept can work which at the end of the day probably means they have to show a profit on such a big budget production. That is going to be tough since the cost for committing to the two seasons is 100M.

I watched the first two episodes.I thought it was pretty entertaining. I'll watch a couple more.

6 episodes in, love this show. Spacey really shines.Only thing I dont like is that Kate Mara obviously has a no nudity clause in her contract since there were ample spots to show her goods and they weaseled out of showing it

I am nuts, I finished this show!Wont spoil anything but this show is amazing. Only 2 episodes of the 13 I thought were average with the others all being really good episodes. The writing and performances on this show was award worthy.Hope to be able to talk about this show when we get a few people to have finished this masterpiece.

I am nuts, I finished this show!Wont spoil anything but this show is amazing. Only 2 episodes of the 13 I thought were average with the others all being really good episodes.
The Peach and the Sentinel eps? Hated the Peach ep, Sentinel was slow but good story. Doug Stamper is the best character on the show.

Watched the first five episodes yesterday. Really like it.Being a life-long DC-area resident, I always like to give DC shows a try. Probably about 90% of the time they are absolutely horrible. I'm glad this one is good so far. I'm glad it's not all about showing monuments, suits, fancy balls, and expensive Georgetown houses. While that is a big part of it (because of the most important characters), they work in some of the other parts of DC with Zoe's dumpy apartment and the bbq joint. I hope they can work in more of that stuff.

I am nuts, I finished this show!Wont spoil anything but this show is amazing. Only 2 episodes of the 13 I thought were average with the others all being really good episodes.
The Peach and the Sentinel eps? Hated the Peach ep, Sentinel was slow but good story. Doug Stamper is the best character on the show.
Even though I thought the peach itself was kind of stupid, I liked the overall idea of the peach episode.

Even though I thought the peach itself was kind of stupid, I liked the overall idea of the peach episode.
The peach is actually a real thing - right off I85 above Greenville on the way to Charlotte. I just thought the episode was boring. I liked season 1 - didn't like Spacey talking to the camera at first but it grew on me and I liked it more later on. It's not as realistic as say The Wire or Sopranos, but it holds up well comparing it to most HBO/Showtime/AMC type shows I thought.

Did not like the Peach either and did not like the college reunion episode too much. All the other ones really were great for me, of course there were some things people didnt like about the last few episodes but I enjoyed the ride this season

'blend said:
I like this show.. I'm about 5-6 episodes in.. Holy cow is Kate Mara hot
Hot, but she has the body of a 13 year old. I almost feel like I'm doing something wrong having impure thoughts about what I'd like to do to her. Six episodes in. Very entertaining.

It's good. But the wife storyline is annoying. Hopefully it leads somewhere.
I am 6 eps in and I like the story line...shows some insight into some people's power and how people can and will use different routes to get at politicians for their own interests.

I'm only 2 episodes in. Is the black guy (partner of the energy firm?) a lobbyist? Not sure what his role is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread