What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2014 Draft Prospects (1 Viewer)

Xue

Footballguy
The 2013 class has no studs at the top and some of you are already acquiring picks for 2014. It's never to early to talk about that class, so here are my rankings.

QB (Name, class, school)

1. Teddy Bridgewater JR, Louisville

2. Tajh Boyd SR, Clemson

3. Kevin Hogan rSO, Stanford

4. Johnny Manziel rSO, Texas A&M

5. Derek Carr SR, Fresno State

6. Bryn Renner SR, North Carolina

7. Aaron Murray SR, Georgia

8. David Fales SR, San Jose State

RB

1. Jeremy Hill rSO, Louisiana State

2. Lache Seastrunk JR, Baylor

3. Bishop Sankey JR, Washington

4. Jay Ajayi rSO, Boise State

5. Romar Morris rSO, North Carolina

6. Branden Oliver SR, Buffalo

7. Ameer Abdullah JR, Nebraska

8. Ben Malena SR, Texas A&M

9. Silas Redd SR, Southern California

10. Brendan Bigelow JR, Cal

11. Michael Dyer JR, Arkansas Baptist (ex-Auburn)

12. Ka'Deem Carey JR, Arizona

13. David Fluellen SR, Toledo

14. Adam Muema JR San, Diego State

15. Zurlon Tipton SR, Central Michigan

16. James Sims SR, Kansas

17. Roy Finch SR, Oklahoma

18. Jahwan Edwards JR, Ball State

19. John Hubert SR, Kansas State

20. Charles Sims SR, Houston

WR

1. Marqise Lee JR, Southern California

2. Sammy Watkins JR, Clemson

3. Mike Evans rSO, Texas A&M

4. Sean Price rSO, Appalachian State

5. Allen Robinson JR, Penn State

6. Cody Hoffman SR, Brigham Young

7. Davante Adams rSO, Fresno State

8. Andre Davis JR, South Florida

9. Brandin Cooks JR, Oregon State

10.Austin Franklin JR, New Mexico State

11.Tyler Lockett JR, Kansas State

12.Odell Beckham JR, Louisiana State

13.Donte Moncrief JR, Mississippi

14.Jarvis Landry JR, Louisiana State

15.Jordan Matthews SR, Vanderbilt

16.Austin Hill JR, Arizona

17.Jalen Saunders JR, Oklahoma

18.Titus Davis JR, Central Michigan

19.Alex Amidon SR, Boston College

20.Eric Ward SR, Texas Tech

TE

Incomplete. I don't spend too much time watching TE's, sorry. Though, one TE that has caught my eye is Eric Ebron, JR, UNC. Can get downfield, probably a 4.5 guy, good ball skills, more of a WR than a TE at this point.

Edited: School name added.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2013 class has no studs at the top and some of you are already acquiring picks for 2014. It's never to early to talk about that class, so here are my rankings.

QB

1. Teddy Bridgewater JR

2. Tajh Boyd SR

3. Kevin Hogan rSO

4. Johnny Manziel rSO

5. Derek Carr SR

6. Bryn Renner SR

7. Aaron Murray SR

8. David Fales SR

RB

1. Jeremy Hill rSO

2. Lache Seastrunk JR

3. Bishop Sankey JR

4. Jay Ajayi rSO

5. Romar Morris rSO

6. Branden Oliver SR

7. Ameer Abdullah JR

8. Ben Malena SR

9. Silas Redd SR

10. Brendan Bigelow JR

11. Michael Dyer JR

12. Ka'Deem Carey JR

13. David Fluellen SR

14. Adam Muema JR

15. Zurlon Tipton SR

16. James Sims SR

17. Roy Finch SR

18. Jahwan Edwards JR

19. John Hubert SR

20. Charles Sims SR

WR

1. Marqise Lee JR

2. Sammy Watkins JR

3. Mike Evans rSO

4. Sean Price rSO

5. Allen Robinson JR

6. Cody Hoffman SR

7. Davante Adams rSO

8. Andre Davis JR

9. Brandin Cooks JR

10.Austin Franklin JR

11.Tyler Lockett JR

12.Odell Beckham JR

13.Donte Moncrief JR

14.Jarvis Landry JR

15.Jordan Matthews SR

16.Austin Hill JR

17.Jalen Saunders JR

18.Titus Davis JR

19.Alex Amidon SR

20.Eric Ward SR

TE

Incomplete. I don't spend too much time watching TE's, sorry. Though, one TE that has caught my eye is Eric Ebron, JR, UNC. Can get downfield, probably a 4.5 guy, good ball skills, more of a WR than a TE at this point.
good list, Austin Hill is really low

Interested in some thoughts on Mariota, who I don't expect to declare as a rSo, but would at least be eligible.

I don't get all of this love for Jeremy Hill. I'd love to hear why he's getting hyped.Why i'm not crazy about him:-Has an off the field concern(felony)-Pretty slow(ran a 4.8 out of HS)-Not overly quick(had a 4.5 short shuttle out of HS)-averaged 4.9 YPC in the SEC. Compare this to other young RB in the SEC like Yeldon 6.5 and Gurley 6.3, it's not impressive.-Doesn't possess great agility, a little stiff in the hipsHe has a thick build and is a tough inside runner. These are players the NFL/FF owners aren't gaga over anymore, see Le'Veon Bell.

Ka'Deem Carey looks very low as well. While he isn't very explosive for his size, he's very efficient in everything he does. Runs hard, makes guys miss, good hands. Kind of a Knowshon Moreno type prospect. Ran for 1900 yards last season

I'd put Dri Archer somewhere on the list. A bit small, but probably would have gone in the 4th-5th rounds if he came out this year. If league gives points for return yards, he'd have a bit more value.

De'Anthony Thomas should be on that RB list, and probably fairly high. He's likely a situational/COP guy, but one that will likely be at least a second-day pick.

Thank you Xue - it's a good time to get this going and your list is an excellent starting point. We can all quibble over the rankings but you identified many of the key targets as of today.Some personal thoughts - #1: it's a great time to be a Texas A&M fan - like many, I am not sure how Manziel's game will translate but he will get that shot unless the celebrity becomes his focus. Also, I think Maleena is a better prospect than Michael (who I really like) but I think your initial ranking is fair to high. Evans has the CHANCE to be the best of the bunch and I wouldn't be shocked if he is ranked higher than Watkins by some this time next year.#2: I am rooting for Brandon Oliver and Jordan Matthews - both may have limited upside but they strike me as the types that will work harder than those with better skills and could, therefore, be more productive at the next level.#3: As a Reno guy now, I have become overly familiar with some of the talent coming out here. The next two in the pipeline are Cody Fajardo (QB) and Aaron Bradley (WR). Although both are only Juniors next year, they are eligible and are worth keeping an eye on their development if any. There are some within the program that think Fajardo could be better than Kaepernick. He has a ways to go and his arm strength isn't at that level (few are) but worth watching. Also, I have seen a progression from Rishard Matthews to Brandon Wimberly (who I think is a better prospect) to Bradley (potentially the best of the 3). He needs to add some bulk (listed at 6'1/180), but he has solid hands and quicks.#4 (to jonboltz): Thomas could be added to the list but I personally feel he will be a better NFL contributor than a fantasy asset and, from my observations, Xue targets the fantasy rankings.Thanks again and I think everyone has a right to be excited about this class.

I don't get all of this love for Jeremy Hill. I'd love to hear why he's getting hyped.Why i'm not crazy about him:-Has an off the field concern(felony)-Pretty slow(ran a 4.8 out of HS)-Not overly quick(had a 4.5 short shuttle out of HS)-averaged 4.9 YPC in the SEC. Compare this to other young RB in the SEC like Yeldon 6.5 and Gurley 6.3, it's not impressive.-Doesn't possess great agility, a little stiff in the hipsHe has a thick build and is a tough inside runner. These are players the NFL/FF owners aren't gaga over anymore, see Le'Veon Bell.
You need to go read up on him. His "felony" was simply getting head from a girl who didn't have a good of a rep anyway. She too was expelled from high school. Hill could have chosen to sign with another school, but instead took the year off and shot up to 260 lbs. He worked hard to get back down to 225-230 and re-committed to LSU. Seems like a dedicated football player to me.Many players are slow coming out of HS, doesn't mean they're that slow right now. Many players run 4.40's but can't play.Maurice Jones-Drew had a 4.41 short shuttle at the combine. Short shuttle is more important for slot WRs and CBs. Power backs don't need an impressive shuttle time.Hill is a lot more impressive than Le'Veon Bell. He has plenty of quickness for a 230-pounder and a good combo of speed/power/strength:
. His speed looks fine to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwPvgjOSQQ .

How do Hill/Seastrunk compare to Lacy/Bernard? Expecting Seastrunk to put up a much better combine than Bernard. On the surface Lacy seems better than Hill, more likely to be 3down. Not knowing much I would rank it Seastrunk, Lacy, Bernard, Hill. But I don't know much.

'tdmills said:
Ka'Deem Carey looks very low as well. While he isn't very explosive for his size, he's very efficient in everything he does. Runs hard, makes guys miss, good hands. Kind of a Knowshon Moreno type prospect. Ran for 1900 yards last season
I like Carey. He gets so much running room, though, in that offense. They run 3-WR frequently. He has this running style like he wants to cut everything. Some wasted steps instead of just getting downhill at times. I see the Moreno comp, though Carey is a little smaller. I'm probably gonna move him up.He does have some character concerns, though. He's been charged with domestic violence on his pregnant girlfriend. Big no-no. And was recently kicked out of an Arizona basketball game.

'Don Quixote said:
I'd put Dri Archer somewhere on the list. A bit small, but probably would have gone in the 4th-5th rounds if he came out this year. If league gives points for return yards, he'd have a bit more value.
Archer is electric, but I question his size. If he can put on 10 lbs, I'd be more thrilled.

'Xue said:
'tdmills said:
You need to go read up on him. His "felony" was simply getting head from a girl who didn't have a good of a rep anyway. She too was expelled from high school. Hill could have chosen to sign with another school, but instead took the year off and shot up to 260 lbs. He worked hard to get back down to 225-230 and re-committed to LSU. Seems like a dedicated football player to me.Many players are slow coming out of HS, doesn't mean they're that slow right now. Many players run 4.40's but can't play.Maurice Jones-Drew had a 4.41 short shuttle at the combine. Short shuttle is more important for slot WRs and CBs. Power backs don't need an impressive shuttle time.Hill is a lot more impressive than Le'Veon Bell. He has plenty of quickness for a 230-pounder and a good combo of speed/power/strength:
I know why he got in trouble off the field. But those "run ins" no matter how small are things I like to avoid.His HS times are all that I can find on record. He doesn't look or play fast. Even that run against South Carolina, he wasn't pulling away from anyone. It's more of a result of poor angles.I agree short shuttle is more important for WRs, but it also indicated change of direction/acceleration. Areas he isn't good right now.He belongs on the top 20 on your list. I still just don't get the hype and i've seen him play. James Wilder JR is just a strong RB with little wiggle, he has almost identical #'s to Hill except his YPC is 5.9 instead of Hill's 4.9.

'tdmills said:
I like Carey. He gets so much running room, though, in that offense. They run 3-WR frequently. He has this running style like he wants to cut everything. Some wasted steps instead of just getting downhill at times. I see the Moreno comp, though Carey is a little smaller. I'm probably gonna move him up.He does have some character concerns, though. He's been charged with domestic violence on his pregnant girlfriend. Big no-no. And was recently kicked out of an Arizona basketball game.
'We're on the same page with him, his offense really opens things up in the running game. The last Rich Rod RB of note(Steve Slaton) flopped in the NFL as well. I agree that he cuts way too much as well.I heard about the character issues, which is again(like Hill) a mark against them.I see Ka'Deem Carey and Lache Seastrunk as opposite RBs in spread systems. They benefit a ton from the scheme, slightly more-so in Baylor because the X and Z line up literally 3 yards from the sideline. Carey is a slasher that runs hard and uses his agility to get yards. Seastrunk is a speed guy that uses it almost too much by bouncing runs very wide(making 90 degree cuts to the sideline) if a lane doesn't present itself initially. It will be very interesting how the NFL evaluates these players.

thanks for getting this thread started! Some of us have Devy drafts coming up and it is always appreciated to hear different points of view. The one player I can't get my brain around is Thomas. I just don't think he is big enough, and as much as I would like to use the Sproles card, we can't do that for every diminutive RB (like Rouse this year). I think it takes a special system/OC for a player like this to thrive.

'tdmills said:
High school combine numbers don't mean much. You can pretty much throw those out since so many of these guys develop as they get older. With three years in a college weight program and several months of coaching leading up to the combine, a 4.7 can become a 4.5 pretty easily. If the guy was really a bad talent out of high school, LSU never would've offered him a scholarship. I'd also caution against putting too much emphasis on YPC. Lots of horrible NFL prospects have dominated at the college level. Likewise, there have been plenty of legitimate first round NFL franchise backs like Steven Jackson and Doug Martin who didn't have awesome YPC numbers in all of their college seasons. Supporting cast is a big factor. So is the offensive system. So is the level of competition. Some skills that work wonders against amateurs don't work against pros. Some players are able to seamlessly translate their game to the pro level. Others aren't. The stats give you a decent rough indicator of what someone can do, but that's all it is. A rough indicator. And for the record, 4.9 YPC is quite good. I think Hill is definitely in the conversation with the likes of Gurley and Yeldon. He has a really solid frame and while he's not really a juker, he's pretty good at making sneaky cuts and finding running lanes. There are some nice runs on YouTube that showcase what he can do. I'm also impressed that he was able to emerge as the unquestioned featured back for LSU, as they have quite a bit of talent in their RB stable with several guys who might make pro rosters some day. I don't think Hill is a can't-miss lock, but then again I'd say the same for Seastrunk, Gurley, or Yeldon. He showed enough last year to be considered one of the top RB prospects in his class for the time being.

thanks for getting this thread started! Some of us have Devy drafts coming up and it is always appreciated to hear different points of view. The one player I can't get my brain around is Thomas. I just don't think he is big enough, and as much as I would like to use the Sproles card, we can't do that for every diminutive RB (like Rouse this year). I think it takes a special system/OC for a player like this to thrive.
The thing about Sproles is that he's actually yoked for his height. He's got the same tree trunk legs as Ray Rice, Trent Richardson, or any other power runner. He's not a small back. Just short. Thomas is a different animal. He's not short. Just skinny. Far too skinny to be an every down back in the NFL. I think he's just a gadget player and a return man at the next level. He's not on my radar for my dev drafts.

Regarding College YPC --Just a reminder, that there is often a big talent gap between teams in college, *particularly* on the offensive and defensive lines. Alabama has a silly good offensive line, which factors heavily into their YPC.

'thriftyrocker said:
How do Hill/Seastrunk compare to Lacy/Bernard? Expecting Seastrunk to put up a much better combine than Bernard. On the surface Lacy seems better than Hill, more likely to be 3down. Not knowing much I would rank it Seastrunk, Lacy, Bernard, Hill. But I don't know much.
I'd probably take Lacy over Hill and Seastrunk over Bernard. Bernard doesn't really jump out at me when I watch him run. Lacy is not amazing, but he has no glaring weaknesses. Enough size to carry the load and also has nimble feet and adequate burst/cutting ability. He should be a decent pro starter. Lache is a bit undersized, but he's got great speed and he's very agile. He can make cuts that none of these other backs can make. I tentatively have him ranked as the best back available next year. What he did down the stretch was pretty impressive.

'tdmills said:
High school combine numbers don't mean much. You can pretty much throw those out since so many of these guys develop as they get older. With three years in a college weight program and several months of coaching leading up to the combine, a 4.7 can become a 4.5 pretty easily. If the guy was really a bad talent out of high school, LSU never would've offered him a scholarship. I'd also caution against putting too much emphasis on YPC. Lots of horrible NFL prospects have dominated at the college level. Likewise, there have been plenty of legitimate first round NFL franchise backs like Steven Jackson and Doug Martin who didn't have awesome YPC numbers in all of their college seasons. Supporting cast is a big factor. So is the offensive system. So is the level of competition. Some skills that work wonders against amateurs don't work against pros. Some players are able to seamlessly translate their game to the pro level. Others aren't. The stats give you a decent rough indicator of what someone can do, but that's all it is. A rough indicator. And for the record, 4.9 YPC is quite good. I think Hill is definitely in the conversation with the likes of Gurley and Yeldon. He has a really solid frame and while he's not really a juker, he's pretty good at making sneaky cuts and finding running lanes. There are some nice runs on YouTube that showcase what he can do. I'm also impressed that he was able to emerge as the unquestioned featured back for LSU, as they have quite a bit of talent in their RB stable with several guys who might make pro rosters some day. I don't think Hill is a can't-miss lock, but then again I'd say the same for Seastrunk, Gurley, or Yeldon. He showed enough last year to be considered one of the top RB prospects in his class for the time being.
I didn't work today, so i've put some more time into these prospects. I went back and rewatched a couple of games on Hill.-He's faster than I remember, maybe a mid 4.5 type of player-He does make subtle cuts, that help him gain yardage.High School combine numbers are still something to use, in context. These guys haven't been to the NFL combine, so it's something to use that isn't biased. As someone who worked in multiple college programs, I'm aware of how much players can progress physically.I disagree and believe that YPC is an important stat to determine a players worth. Make all the generalizations you want, I didn't say it's the only thing to judge a player by. I'm not using Troy Davis from Iowa State or Danny Woodheads stats. I compared 3 young/promising RBs all in the SEC. They all have advantages being in great programs and benefiting from having better supporting casts than their opponents. The other I listed was James Wilder, who I believe Florida State have better supporting casts than their opponents.Correction: Hill's YPC is 5.3. I did my prep work on the devy prospects prior to the bowl games. When compared to his teammates, Michael Ford/Hilliard/Blue all had better YPC than Hill. But Spencer Ware finished last out of the main RBs at LSU.Hill is a better prospect now, after my game study, than when I woke up this morning.

Regarding College YPC --Just a reminder, that there is often a big talent gap between teams in college, *particularly* on the offensive and defensive lines. Alabama has a silly good offensive line, which factors heavily into their YPC.
Agreed, but it does reveal something.Lets take a common great opponent such as Alabama(one of the best defenses in college football):Jeremy Hill vs Bama: 29 carries 107 yards 3.7 1 TDTodd Gurley vs Bama: 23 carries 122 yards 5.3 2 TDTre Mason vs Bama: 21 carries 82 yards 3.9 0 TDL. Perkins vs Bama : 15 carries 38 yards 2.5 0 TDC. Michael vs Bama : 12 carries 27 yards 2.3 2 TDV. Smith vs Bama : 13 carries 33 yards 2.5 0 TDA. Andrews vs Bama : 7 carries 27 yards 3.9 0 TDHill performed above average, but when comparing top prospects this gives me a good insight.

'Xue said:
'jonboltz said:
'ConstruxBoy said:
Storm Woods is eligible, no?
Yes, he would be eligible.
Woods is eligible, but I'm not that impressed by him yet. He's fast, probably a 4.4 guy, but that's about it, haven't seen any special cuts from him. I like his teammate Terron Ward much more, but I'm probably in the minority on that one.
Wow he jumped off the screen to me when I was watching the bowl game. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm also not as high on Lache Seastrunk as others. I believe the Baylor offense is set up to let almost any RB succeed. WR's spread out very far with playaction on most plays.2011:Terrance Ganaway 1547 yards 6.2 21 TD2012:Lache Seastrunk 1012 yards 7.7 7 TDGlasco Martin 889 yards 5.0 15 TDSince Seatrunk became the "starter" vs Kansas:Seatrunk 102 carries 831 yards 8.1 6 TD (keep in mind Seastrunk had an 80 yard TD vs K State with under a minute to go when they were up by 21 points, inflates his YPC from 7.4 to 8.1)Martin 107 carries 578 yards 5.4 9 TDI'm comparing them because Martin is basically a GL back, but even he can thrive in this spread system. I don't see the complete game with Seastrunk. I see him running fast vertically through big gaps, just like Alex Green did at Hawaii.

The system might be favorable, but that doesn't mean the player is a fluke. Lache has nothing in common with Alex Green. He's a little Porsche who can and explode on a dime. Also a former five star recruit. A different class of talent from guys like Ganaway and Green.

'Xue said:
Hill isn't a 4.4 guy, but he's at worse a 4.55 like Doug Martin. These type of guys exploit defenders being out of position for big plays. Neither guy is going to outrun DBs step for step.Wilder is better pure athlete than Hill, definitely has a better offense, and he also hasn't had as many carries. He's strong and really built, but I didn't see anything special in terms of cutting yet. I actually like Devonta Freeman more.

I'm also not as high on Lache Seastrunk as others. I believe the Baylor offense is set up to let almost any RB succeed. WR's spread out very far with playaction on most plays.

2011:

Terrance Ganaway 1547 yards 6.2 21 TD

2012:

Lache Seastrunk 1012 yards 7.7 7 TD

Glasco Martin 889 yards 5.0 15 TD

Since Seatrunk became the "starter" vs Kansas:

Seatrunk 102 carries 831 yards 8.1 6 TD (keep in mind Seastrunk had an 80 yard TD vs K State with under a minute to go when they were up by 21 points, inflates his YPC from 7.4 to 8.1)Martin 107 carries 578 yards 5.4 9 TD

I'm comparing them because Martin is basically a GL back, but even he can thrive in this spread system. I don't see the complete game with Seastrunk. I see him running fast vertically through big gaps, just like Alex Green did at Hawaii.
Kid has heart....running the last 45 yards or so after popping his hammy, and still scoring.

The system might be favorable, but that doesn't mean the player is a fluke. Lache has nothing in common with Alex Green. He's a little Porsche who can and explode on a dime. Also a former five star recruit. A different class of talent from guys like Ganaway and Green.
The point is it's easy to put up gaudy numbers in a system like that. You've remarked about it's impressive what "Seastrunk did down the stretch".Alex Green averaged 8.4 YPC for an entire season in hawaii 1199 yards 18 TDs.

'Xue said:
'jonboltz said:
'ConstruxBoy said:
Woods is eligible, but I'm not that impressed by him yet. He's fast, probably a 4.4 guy, but that's about it, haven't seen any special cuts from him. I like his teammate Terron Ward much more, but I'm probably in the minority on that one.
Wow he jumped off the screen to me when I was watching the bowl game. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
His speed did jump off the screen for me. As of right now, I just see a fast guy on a good offense.

Wilder is an incredibly stiff player for a highly decorated recruit. I've rarely seen him juke completely by a defender. Instead he's like a bull and wants to run/punish defenders.

I'm also not as high on Lache Seastrunk as others. I believe the Baylor offense is set up to let almost any RB succeed. WR's spread out very far with playaction on most plays.

2011:

Terrance Ganaway 1547 yards 6.2 21 TD

2012:

Lache Seastrunk 1012 yards 7.7 7 TD

Glasco Martin 889 yards 5.0 15 TD

Since Seatrunk became the "starter" vs Kansas:

Seatrunk 102 carries 831 yards 8.1 6 TD (keep in mind Seastrunk had an 80 yard TD vs K State with under a minute to go when they were up by 21 points, inflates his YPC from 7.4 to 8.1)Martin 107 carries 578 yards 5.4 9 TD

I'm comparing them because Martin is basically a GL back, but even he can thrive in this spread system. I don't see the complete game with Seastrunk. I see him running fast vertically through big gaps, just like Alex Green did at Hawaii.
Kid has heart....running the last 45 yards or so after popping his hammy, and still scoring.
Was he supposed to fall down?Trent Richardson playing with cracked ribs for half a season, that's heart.

The point is it's easy to put up gaudy numbers in a system like that. You've remarked about it's impressive what "Seastrunk did down the stretch".Alex Green averaged 8.4 YPC for an entire season in hawaii 1199 yards 18 TDs.
Again, it's not about the numbers. It's about what the player can do. I wouldn't say Seastrunk is a first round lock, but he has special qualities.

Again, it's not about the numbers. It's about what the player can do. I wouldn't say Seastrunk is a first round lock, but he has special qualities.
I'm not here to debate and make everyone switch to my way of thinking. I'm trying to find out what others see(that I may be missing), this uncovers more information for not just you/me, but for the SP. Isn't that why we're here?What I see with Seastrunk on the field:-a fast RB, that possesses good long speed-solid vision to find a hole-avoids contact and has limited power-decent agility to find holes and make jump cuts, but he isn't great in this area-bounces too much and avoids contact too much, it limits his yardage

Wilder has had multiple off-field incidents too, big red flag. His physicality comes from being an All-American LB as well as RB in high school. I thought he would have done better in college than he has thus far.

What did he do off the field? I heard he was a good LB in HS, maybe he should've stuck at that position.

Totally agree. He should switch to playing LB.

I'm also not as high on Lache Seastrunk as others. I believe the Baylor offense is set up to let almost any RB succeed. WR's spread out very far with playaction on most plays.2011:Terrance Ganaway 1547 yards 6.2 21 TD2012:Lache Seastrunk 1012 yards 7.7 7 TDGlasco Martin 889 yards 5.0 15 TDSince Seatrunk became the "starter" vs Kansas:Seatrunk 102 carries 831 yards 8.1 6 TD (keep in mind Seastrunk had an 80 yard TD vs K State with under a minute to go when they were up by 21 points, inflates his YPC from 7.4 to 8.1)Martin 107 carries 578 yards 5.4 9 TDI'm comparing them because Martin is basically a GL back, but even he can thrive in this spread system. I don't see the complete game with Seastrunk. I see him running fast vertically through big gaps, just like Alex Green did at Hawaii.
Alex Green played in the WAC. The caliber of athletes on defense are lesser than those in the BIG-12. I never thought he was that good anyway.If Seastunk was averaging the same YPC as Ganaway, you might have a case. But 7.4, or whatever figure you want to use, is a combo of the offense AND his talent.

'KellysHeroes said:
lets start talking about 2015, its never too early bud
Actually it is, but feel free to make a thread. The 2015 class so far has (RB) Gurley, Yeldon, Duke Johnson, Byron Marshall and (WR) Cooper, Diggs, Agholor, Green-Beckham, Quinshad Davis. Some of these 2014 underclassmen who don't declare will simply overlap to 2015 and many Freshman who hasn't had much playing time will start to emerge to fill out that class. The only thing I have to go off on in order to rank them is high school tape, which most people find meaningless.We can continue the 2015 talk in this thread: http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=666153

I agree here with Seastrunk, not a feature back but could certainly see him in a 200-225 carry a season role.The system has something to do with his numbers the but the competition in the Big 12 vs a non BCS conference isn't a fair comparison IMO

'Xue said:
'jonboltz said:
'ConstruxBoy said:
His speed did jump off the screen for me. As of right now, I just see a fast guy on a good offense.
I thought he also showed some excellent lateral agility and instincts. You make a good point though about the offense. Ward looked good as well. And of course Rodgers a couple of years ago.

Bridgewater makes statement in Sugar Bowl for 2014 NFL DraftBy Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior AnalystJanuary 3, 2013 12:25 am ET
As double-digit favorites, Florida entered the Sugar Bowl as the Goliath SEC program looking to put an exclamation point on a one-loss season. However Ex-Gator assistant coach Charlie Strong and sophomore quarterback Teddy Bridgewater had other ideas, leading Louisville to the upset victory in New Orleans, 33-23.Not sure anyone saw this coming. After all, it was the mighty SEC vs. the feeble Big East. But Bridgewater, a Miami, Florida native, carved up the Gators' defense, which entered the game No. 1 in the nation in pass defense efficiency. Bridgewater was the Game's most outstanding player and in calm, composed fashion, he finished the night 20-for-32 for 266 yards and a pair of touchdowns. His lone mistake came on an interception that was tipped at the line of scrimmage. But other than that, Bridgewater was surgical, showing why many are already mentioning his name as the early favorite to be the first quarterback drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. As a true sophomore, he isn't eligible for this year's Draft.“We we're the underdogs coming into the game and it just meant a lot, not only for this team, but for the city of Louisville,” Bridgewater said after the game. “For us to get this win and put Louisville back on the map, it means a lot.”And as good as Bridgewater was, the defense and special teams units also out-played the Gators. On the first play from scrimmage, Louisville defensive back Terell Floyd intercepted a tipped pass and returned it for the pick-six. And the Cardinals held that lead for the rest of the game.Strong spent 27 years as an assistant head coach, including eight (2002-09) with the Gators until Louisville gave him his first head coaching job in 2010.“It's a special program to me (Florida) and I will always have my memories there,” Strong said about beating his former team. “But we always talk about building a program here at the University of Louisville and it's a special place.”The night was reminiscent of the 2009 Sugar Bowl when a flat Alabama team took their opponent lightly and Utah upset the Crimson Tide in the Superdome. Florida looked fully invested in this year's match-up, but Louisville simply defeated the Gators in every facet of the game, including coaching. The final score shows a 10-point margin, but it wasn't even that close. Louisville finished 9-for-13 on third downs and didn't even punt until late in the fourth quarter.While Louisville stole the show, the Sugar Bowl was likely the final collegiate game for many underclassmen, especially on the Florida roster. Safety Matt Elam and defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd announced they would skip their senior seasons and enter the 2013 NFL Draft. Junior tight end Jordan Reed and several others are expected to announce their NFL intentions soon.With the 2013 NFL Draft still over four months away, there is already a discussion brewing on the No. 1 overall pick for the 2014 NFL Draft between Bridgewater and South Carolina pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney. It should be fun.

Despite lofty company, McCarron chooses Tide over NFLBy Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.comDecember 12, 2012 10:40 pm ET
With the BCS title game against No. 1 ranked Notre Dame looming, Alabama junior quarterback AJ McCarron ended any speculation about his potential NFL future, announcing Wednesday that he'll be returning to the Crimson Tide for his senior season."There were some factors in my decision to return to Alabama for my senior year, but after talking to my family and coaches, I knew it was the right choice for me," McCarron said in a statement.McCarron, who leads the nation in passing efficiency with a 173.08 rating, has completed 66.8 percent of his passes this season with an eye-popping 26 touchdowns against just three interceptions. Those numbers are improvements from a season ago when the sophomore helped the Tide win the national championship with a 147.27 QB rating that included completing 66.77 percent of his passes with 16 touchdowns against five interceptions for the year.Considering that the two most efficient collegiate quarterbacks a year ago -- Russell Wilson (191.78) and Robert Griffin III (189.48) -- have taken the NFL by storm as rookies, some had speculated that McCarron might look to leave Alabama for the NFL a year early, especially if the Crimson Tide were successful in defending their national title against the Irish in the Jan. 7 BCS national championship game in Miami.McCarron's decision was likely complicated by the fact that this year's crop of quarterbacks is a bit underwhelming in comparison to past years. West Virginia's Geno Smith and Southern Cal's Matt Barkley currently head NFLDraftScout.com's quarterback rankings but neither has demonstrated the elite skill-set and consistency that has led to passers earning the No. 1 pick each of the past four drafts and 12 of the past 15. Furthermore, McCarron could be taking quite the risk in terms of pass protection. He's been aided by arguably the nation's elite offensive line this season but stands to lose senior All-Americans Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones at minimum and many expect junior right tackle D.J. Fluker to join them as an early entry into the 2013 NFL draft. Some have even speculated that head coach Nick Saban might be tempted to take the NFL plunge again.If Saban is considering jumping back into the NFL, he certainly didn't sound like it Wednesday, welcoming McCarron back to the team."We are pleased that AJ has decided to return for his senior year next season," Saban said in the release. "He's done a great job for us and has really grown, not only as a quarterback and a player, but as a leader of our team."McCarron currently ranks as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 5 quarterback in the 2014 class. The 6-foot-3, 210-pound McCarron has demonstrated plenty of arm strength, accuracy and mobility throughout his career, as well as the intangibles NFL teams are looking for in a franchise quarterback.

Users who are viewing this thread