What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin McCarthy (1 Viewer)

Cipherchris

Footballguy
Is he worth trading for? People still have the notion that he can be a LB2What is a realist range I should buy him as?

I have him myself (contract for another two years) and still see him as an LB1. Wouldn't sell him for less. The injuries this year were pretty flukish, although one could worry about the concussion and Zach Brown's emergence. In the Titans scheme it has traditionally been the MLB that got the tackles.

Anyone else seeing this ending poorly for McCarthy? Titans bringing in a few linebackers this week.

Definitely been getting a "Dan Morgan II: The Sequel" vibe from McCarthy for the last year.

Dude just cannot, cannot, cannot seem to stay in one piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
The weird thing is that McCarthy isn't listed on the injury report? Makes me wonder if this is as healthy as he will ever get.

Luckily I covered my butt last year by signing Brown long term and I signed Fokou for this year. McCarthy is going to be an albatross on my cap for a few years

Bumping the old thread. Fokou is listed as out this weekend and McCarthy is going to get the start. This weekend will finally give those of us a glimpse into his immediate future. I know most of you have moved on from him, but those of us that are stuck with him in Salary/Contract leagues (probably just me) will be watching.

I'm guessing Brown plays in the sub packages and should be in for a decent week. Not sure how McCarthy will fit in.

Bumping the old thread. Fokou is listed as out this weekend and McCarthy is going to get the start. This weekend will finally give those of us a glimpse into his immediate future. I know most of you have moved on from him, but those of us that are stuck with him in Salary/Contract leagues (probably just me) will be watching.

I'm guessing Brown plays in the sub packages and should be in for a decent week. Not sure how McCarthy will fit in.
I doubt there'll be many nickel/dime snaps vs sf --- probably all 3 guys get snaps.

following week is the bye.

KCitons said:

I have him too in a dynasty/contract league. Hopefully he plays great and they don't look back. Who knows though?

The pessimist, regarding McCarthy, in me says he gets injured on the second defensive series (lol). If I were his agent I'd be telling him, "unless you can't walk, even if you get injured, KEEP PLAYING". Now, I don't really mean that, but if this guy comes off the field this week because he gets "dinged" I think his career is nearly over. Guys who can't stay on the field do not last long in the NFL.

Kool-Aid Larry said:
KCitons said:

I doubt there'll be many nickel/dime snaps vs sf --- probably all 3 guys get snaps.

Are you saying Brown, McCarthy, and Ayers play 100% of the snaps? No one comes out on 3rd down?

I understand the bye week is coming up, but this game should finally answer some of the questions about McCarthy's health and future.

So, what are we thinking for the over/under on snaps it takes until McCarthy re-injures something?

Whatever it is I'm taking the under. Do not trust him in the slightest at this stage.

Are you saying Brown, McCarthy, and Ayers play 100% of the snaps? No one comes out on 3rd down?
mccarthy 100% brown 91% ayers 92%

this is what I was saying

mccarthy 100% brown 91% ayers 92%

this is what I was saying
You been waiting all week to post this?

If he can keep all of his parts attached? Sure. That's always been the deal with McCarthy....talented, but supremely brittle.

- With another two missed tackles last night Colin McCarthy has missed ten tackles in his last five games. His combined tackling efficiency of 4.3 is the worst among inside linebackers.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/15/refo-colts-titans-week-11/
Interesting.. Is he taking wrong angles or getting juked? With Fokou coming back this week, I wasn't sure if McCarthy would continue to get snaps... I mean, his numbers are solid the past 2-3 weeks, i wasn't sure what the situation is going to be in the middle for Tenn. I tried to acquire McCarthy in all my leagues this off-season and if he goes back to the bench after getting this 2nd chance the past couple of weeks, I think it's safe to cut bait.

Haha....i remember trying to dope out their safeties last year - those guys couldn't tackle to save their lives.

Griffin was turible

Think they've got some coaching issues out there

Last edited by a moderator:
I may bench McCarthy this week with the uncertainty. Worrilow and Levy were easy decision, but I planned to pick McCarthy over London. Since London is at home I'm playing it safe with him rather than hoping Moise doesn't displace McCarthy. Other league, going with Trev, Daryl Smith, and Russell Allen. I think the decision between McCarthy and those three isn't nearly as dicey.

If news comes out before the 1 o clock games Sunday I'll reconsider, but I don't want to be left holding the bag if it's uncertain whether McCarthy is playing near 100% of the snaps or not. Sure would be more encouraging if he were playing better though.

With all this #### play from the Titans I'm thinking about making a speculative add on Zavier Gooden, curious if they get him involved as he returns from his hammy injury.

For week 12 there were 57 snaps. The LB snaps breakdown is as follows:

SLB 56 Akeem Ayers * 55

MLB 53 Moise Fokou * 47

WLB 55 Zach Brown * 48

WLB 57 Patrick Bailey 2

No sign of McCarthy anywhere.

Gotta think that the Titans look to bolster the position in the off season but keep McCarthy as a cheap back up - unless they clean house in the front office and coaching staff due to change of ownership - in which case he could be cut, or promoted to starter again...

Users who are viewing this thread