Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CYP

Coincidence or not

25 posts in this topic

Shouldn't your last name be Demille?

She was unmarried at the time of my birth as far as I know.

Shouldn't your last name be Demille?

She was unmarried at the time of my birth as far as I know.
There was a Venus DeMilo who was famous. A relative?

Solid lead... I can tell you from researching my own family history, though, you need to verify as it could be a dead end, but it's a solid lead.

There is a Samuel J. DeMille in Felton, California, who is 61 years old (similar birthdate to the guy in the 1972 wedding).

I look forward to solving the mystery of your ethnicity.

Thats some notebook

There is a Samuel J. DeMille in Felton, California, who is 61 years old (similar birthdate to the guy in the 1972 wedding).

And we are getting somewhere...

CYP,What sites have you found useful in your search for your relatives?I have a sister somewhere out there that was adopted a few days after she was born. The only thing I have on her is when and where she was born. I know its going to be hard for me to find her but I would like to at least try.Sorry to hijack your thread.

I just called him at work. Not the right guy.

I just called him at work. Not the right guy.
LOL get the hell out of here

CYP,What sites have you found useful in your search for your relatives?I have a sister somewhere out there that was adopted a few days after she was born. The only thing I have on her is when and where she was born. I know its going to be hard for me to find her but I would like to at least try.Sorry to hijack your thread.

Not hijacking at all. The sites didnt help me much. What did help was requesting my birth certificate from the state of DE. Once I had that I had names. The sites themselves dont seem very useful. Good luck

Oh, Im also pretty sure Snyder = German

In looking for my birth parents I have found the following:Birth Mother: Deborah J Snyder born 1951 or 52Maternal Grandmother: Jane Snyder died around 1960 or Pancreatic CancerNothing on the Birth father side.I was born as:Samuel Joseph Snyder in Delaware i 1970This is where I wonder about coincidence or notI found a marriage certificate where:Deborah J Snyder Married Samuel J Demille, both age 19 wedding took place in 1972. The one kickeris the wedding was in California. Lead? What ye say FFA

Related to Cecil B. Demille?

Not hijacking at all. The sites didnt help me much. What did help was requesting my birth certificate from the state of DE. Once I had that I had names. The sites themselves dont seem very useful. Good luck
You know now that you have those names the sites might give you more help. You could maybe find their parents for example.

In looking for my birth parents I have found the following:

Birth Mother: Deborah J Snyder born 1951 or 52

Maternal Grandmother: Jane Snyder died around 1960 or Pancreatic Cancer

Nothing on the Birth father side.

I was born as:

Samuel Joseph Snyder in Delaware i 1970

This is where I wonder about coincidence or not

I found a marriage certificate where:

Deborah J Snyder Married Samuel J Demille, both age 19 wedding took place in 1972. The one kicker

is the wedding was in California.

Lead? What ye say FFA

Related to Cecil B. Demille?
Cecil's mother was named Matilda Beatrice Samuel DeMille.

Private placement or agency? If agency, have you checked with them to see if a 'permission to contact' letter was left by birth mom in the event you wanted to meet them in the future? I went through all of this when I was 25. I was so convinced I had my father nailed down that I drove 2.5 hours and spoke to the dude twice. I went away thinking that I had the right guy and he was not being honest. Turns out I was wrong & my real old man lived about five hours north and died a couple years before I found him.Good luck in your search. There are people out there that will help you look if you are willing to pay a few hundred to take short cuts. Your parent are old enough where time might be a factor.

Oh, Im also pretty sure Snyder = German
I remember declaring you Lebanese. Not sure how I came to that conclusion.

Private placement or agency? If agency, have you checked with them to see if a 'permission to contact' letter was left by birth mom in the event you wanted to meet them in the future? I went through all of this when I was 25. I was so convinced I had my father nailed down that I drove 2.5 hours and spoke to the dude twice. I went away thinking that I had the right guy and he was not being honest. Turns out I was wrong & my real old man lived about five hours north and died a couple years before I found him.Good luck in your search. There are people out there that will help you look if you are willing to pay a few hundred to take short cuts. Your parent are old enough where time might be a factor.

Thanks, the agency wants to charge me an arm and a leg. It something I undertake when the mood strikes which comes at random times. As far as I know there was no letter on file. She could have blocked me from getting my birth certificate by placing a letter on file from that and never did. I dont know if they attempted to contact her or contacted her when the request was made.

Seems to me like you have enough info for an easy search. I would try to find a "Search Angel" in Delaware.

Seems to me like you have enough info for an easy search. I would try to find a "Search Angel" in Delaware.

Hey, good idea, I had forgotten about that