Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

collective

Miracle baby born with part of brain outside of head

25 posts in this topic

He bears a striking resemblance to UFC fighter Jeremy Horn :o

so, did he lose part of his brain, or does he still have a whole brain?

It was extra tissue as far as I can tell. So I don't think the removal of the sac affected his brain.

Nice to read a good human success story every now and then. Especially when it deals with a baby beating the odds. :thumbup:

:cry: :cry: :cry: It's dusty and onions in here.

It's incredible how they reconstructed his face after the tissue removal. Before the removal it looks liked the brain tissue had parted the red sea. But they did a great job of bringing the sides back together. Here's to hoping the kid grows and develops well.

"Then on December 18, a team of 15 doctors gathered in an operating room at 9:30am to remove the brain tissue and fluid that had pooled inside Dominic’s encephalocele."

How is this a "miracle"? The kid was saved by science.

I wonder if the nasal cavity and sinuses are anywhere near normal.

"Then on December 18, a team of 15 doctors gathered in an operating room at 9:30am to remove the brain tissue and fluid that had pooled inside Dominic’s encephalocele."

God provided the doctors? :shrug:

In the purest sense of the word it isn't. But this is an extremely rare condition that is generally fatal within hours. My guess is it sure feels like a miracle to the parents.

This same thing happened to me when I was born. They found the missing chunk of brain in my wiener.

how do 15 doctors work on one baby?

If they're Polish 1 operates and 14 turn the ladder.

:lmao:

I'm still trying to figure out how god puts an encephalocele on some baby's head, doctors remove it, and god gets all the credit.that guy really does work miracles.

God provided the doctors? :shrug:
Post Festivus miracle, IMO.

I'm still trying to figure out how god puts an encephalocele on some baby's head, doctors remove it, and god gets all the credit.that guy really does work miracles.

:thumbup:

:lmao:

This same thing happened to me when I was born. They found the missing chunk of brain in my wiener.

So this is the second time doctors have performed surgery removing all that worthless tissue from a baby?