What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose Career Would You Rather Have (1 Viewer)

Whose Career Would You Rather Have?

• Total voters

smackdaddies

Footballguy
Clearly Randy Moss was the better receiver. Very Likely, HOF. Donald Driver, while a great receiver will likely only make the Packer HOF. Money wise, pretty sure Moss wins again.So, assuming you were not the stumble bum you are, and had, like, real talent, which career would you rather have?For me, DD all the way. That guy is going to be loved in GB forever. Always respected. And certainly plenty of money.What does Randy have left? Disrespect and Derision?

Moss. I don't really need to be "loved" by a collection of people I'll never meet. Let me be the best at my position during my career.

Packers fan dissing Randy Moss and promoting Donald Driver over him :lmao:

People that haven't followed Moss' career closely get lost in thinking he's a trouble maker.

Legally Randy Moss hasn't been in trouble since, I think 2002 with a traffic incident. He got fined for the "mooning" incident in 2005 in a playoff game in GB. If Packers fans get bent out of shape about that, how can they accept

Career: Moss.Life: Driver. Driver seems like a great guy and seems pretty happy, while Moss is a miserable malcontent. I'll take being happy and having a good career over being unhappy and having a great career. Sure, Moss will be in the HOF, and Driver won't, but once they are both done with football, I'd bet money that Driver will be the happier person in life.

Career: Moss.Life: Driver. Driver seems like a great guy and seems pretty happy, while Moss is a miserable malcontent. I'll take being happy and having a good career over being unhappy and having a great career. Sure, Moss will be in the HOF, and Driver won't, but once they are both done with football, I'd bet money that Driver will be the happier person in life.
I agree with most of this.Not sure Moss is quite a miserable malcontent, but I don't think he's nearly the man that Donald Driver is either. Agree that once they are both done with football, Driver will most likely lead a happier, more productive, more generous life. I'd rather have that than the HOF.

I agree with most of this.Not sure Moss is quite a miserable malcontent, but I don't think he's nearly the man that Donald Driver is either. Agree that once they are both done with football, Driver will most likely lead a happier, more productive, more generous life. I'd rather have that than the HOF.
This is the true answer.

Driver could end up with more money, he's more likely to be and analyst or coach in the future. When Moss retires, I wouldn't be shocked to read a "Moss says he's broke" article.

Clearly Randy Moss was the better receiver. Very Likely, HOF. Donald Driver, while a great receiver will likely only make the Packer HOF. Money wise, pretty sure Moss wins again.So, assuming you were not the stumble bum you are, and had, like, real talent, which career would you rather have?For me, DD all the way. That guy is going to be loved in GB forever. Always respected. And certainly plenty of money.What does Randy have left? Disrespect and Derision?
Hall of Fame? Money? Respect from a football perspective?Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years. In fact, in GB, nobody will think about him until they trot him out for an Old Timers game or whatever the hell equivalent of the baseball thing they do in football.Moss all the way, and not even close.

I'll take being the most physically talented WR of all time.
Tweaked a bit.I'd take Rice's inferior physical gifts compared to Moss if I could have his maturity, his football IQ, and the work ethic he brought to every practice and game a thousand times out of a thousand over a physical titan who doesn't work hard and is a malcontent.

I'd rather have Donald Driver's career. Moss made more money and more Pro Bowls, but Driver got more love from the local fans. I like the idea that there's one state where I can go and be loved/appreciated/treated like royalty wherever I go.

I'd rather have Donald Driver's career. Moss made more money and more Pro Bowls, but Driver got more love from the local fans. I like the idea that there's one state where I can go and be loved/appreciated/treated like royalty wherever I go.
Even if that state is Wisconsin?

Wow. I am surprise so many people are picking Driver. I bet if someone fired up a hot tun time machine and they really had to make the choice answers would be different than a message board poll. It might sound good to some to pick Driver, but I have no idea why they would not pick Moss.

You gotta have a certain chip to be among the greatest. Rice and Michael Jordan weren't the nicest guys either

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, why not? I don't have to live there. I can live somewhere warm and enjoy relative anonymity, then visit Wisconsin a few times a year and get treated like a hero. No one will ever yell at me and tell me I was overrated or that I didn't live up to my potential. It'll be nothing but high fives, slaps on the back, and free drinks.

Driver could end up with more money, he's more likely to be and analyst or coach in the future. When Moss retires, I wouldn't be shocked to read a "Moss says he's broke" article.
Remember the marketing deal Favre was offered?Betting Driver ends up with a piece of that or something like it.As for which career.Ask me after Sunday.Moss gets a ring and whats not to like about having a career that paid him a ton, got him HOF numbers, and possibly a ring Sunday.Nothing is said that we have to have Moss' attitude to go with the career either.

Sure, why not? I don't have to live there. I can live somewhere warm and enjoy relative anonymity, then visit Wisconsin a few times a year and get treated like a hero. No one will ever yell at me and tell me I was overrated or that I didn't live up to my potential. It'll be nothing but high fives, slaps on the back, and free drinks.
And likely what he will do.Reading that he has said they will keep their house there (maybe rent it out to a current player he joked).

Remember the marketing deal Favre was offered?Betting Driver ends up with a piece of that or something like it.As for which career.Ask me after Sunday.Moss gets a ring and whats not to like about having a career that paid him a ton, got him HOF numbers, and possibly a ring Sunday.Nothing is said that we have to have Moss' attitude to go with the career either.
You just lost your Packer fan card. Hand it over.

Even if he doesn't get the ring Sunday, Moss in a landslide. First ballot HOF is a better career than solid player and local star.

Even if he doesn't get the ring Sunday, Moss in a landslide. First ballot HOF is a better career than solid player and local star.
I just don't see Moss as a first ballet HOF. His reputation for taking plays off and quitting is going to hurt him. Plus his reputation for being a malcontent (as a poster said earlier) will also weigh into the equation. He'll likely get into the HOF, but not 1st ballet.I think it's always better to be happy than miserable, so I think Driver wins out in this regard.

I just don't see Moss as a first ballet HOF. His reputation for taking plays off and quitting is going to hurt him. Plus his reputation for being a malcontent (as a poster said earlier) will also weigh into the equation. He'll likely get into the HOF, but not 1st ballet.I think it's always better to be happy than miserable, so I think Driver wins out in this regard.
Who says Moss ain't happy? Seems pretty happy to me. Plus, he may not be the greatest WR of all time, but he's the 2nd greatest. His numbers are ridiculous. Yea voters may knock him for perceived laziness but I think his production will be enough to get first ballot.

I keep seeing people here paint Moss as some unhappy miserable guy. What is this based on?Every time I see him outside of football he has seemed a pretty laid back, happy, and good dude.

I keep seeing people here paint Moss as some unhappy miserable guy. What is this based on?Every time I see him outside of football he has seemed a pretty laid back, happy, and good dude.
His miserable attitude on the field when he's not getting the ball (mainly the raiders), his outburst that got his ostracized in Minnesota when he started deriding and yelling at the people who provided the team meals, his cocky attitude that is obviously hiding insecurity, do I need to go on?He's the classic case of someone who never grew up and is hiding a miserable attitude behind his persona and it seeps through pretty often.

I keep seeing people here paint Moss as some unhappy miserable guy. What is this based on?

Every time I see him outside of football he has seemed a pretty laid back, happy, and good dude.
His miserable attitude on the field when he's not getting the ball (mainly the raiders), his outburst that got his ostracized in Minnesota when he started deriding and yelling at the people who provided the team meals, his cocky attitude that is obviously hiding insecurity, do I need to go on?

He's the classic case of someone who never grew up and is hiding a miserable attitude behind his persona and it seeps through pretty often.
Jerry Rice did many of the same things, "Jordan Rules" showed things about Michael Jordan, do I need to go on? Great players want the ball and are big time competitors. Should he not want the ball on a poor team? The only people voting for Driver are:

1) GB fans

2) GB fans

3) Act like they know if Randy Moss is happy

ETA: The poll question asks "Which career would you rather have?" Not which fan base will love them more or who will be happier in 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years. In fact, in GB, nobody will think about him until they trot him out for an Old Timers game or whatever the hell equivalent of the baseball thing they do in football.
Yup. Donald Driver is just Darrell Jackson or Derrick Mason without the years' worth of perspective.

Seriously, nobody outside of GB will even think of Driver in 2 years. In fact, in GB, nobody will think about him until they trot him out for an Old Timers game or whatever the hell equivalent of the baseball thing they do in football.
Yup. Donald Driver is just Darrell Jackson or Derrick Mason without the years' worth of perspective.
I think he is more liked in GB than they are in their respective "towns"...though, partially because they played for mulitple teams.Jackson only played for what...9 seasons? And was a 3rd round pick.Mason played longer and was a 4th rounder. But much more similar as far as numbers and styles I would think. But not how and what they did for their respective teams overall. But again...that was probably because of not just playing for TN.Driver played 14 years all with the same team. The guy is GB's all time reception leader and receiving yards leader.He was a 7th rounder not given much of a chance but just kept getting better and passing guys on the depth chart until he was starting.The line about nobody will think about him...seems quite misguided though for how he is thought of in GB and Wisconsin.

He's the all time leading receiver on the most storied franchise in the NFL. That has to count for something.

He's the all time leading receiver on the most storied franchise in the NFL. That has to count for something.
Outside of Wisconsin, it means jack.

Well...other than the fact that Packer fans are everywhere and not just in Wisconsin right?

Well...other than the fact that Packer fans are everywhere and not just in Wisconsin right?
Donald who?

Yea keep telling yourself that. Donald Driver will not be spoken about after a year nationally. After about 2 or 3 years by packer fans outside of Wisconsin. After 5 or 6 years by packer fans in Wisconsin.

Users who are viewing this thread