Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Otis

Facebook

47 posts in this topic

Not the website but the HQ campus. Walked right past Mark Zuckerberg, who was walking out on the main street quad from one meeting to the next. He gave me a look like "who's the suit?" Place was so cool. Sprawling. Like a giant epcot center for internet startup dudes. Zuckerberg had his two favorite restaurants in the world build new locations inside the "main street" of the campus, so he can walk across the street whenever he wants and eat there."Man, I like this food. I'm gonna have them build another restaurant for me 100 feet from my office." Must be nice.I visited Google's NYC HQ a few weeks ago, and all I can say is these are some pretty freaking cool places. Sort of makes you wish you were a super smart computer guy and had been there at the beginning of FB, or Google, or starting up Apple with Jobs et al. Or at least makes you want to quit your current mundane, average joe slacks guy job and go work there. Back to my stupid office and suit. :bowtie:

Googleplex is cool. Our company had an office in there for a while but Google assimilated our building.Microsoft in Redmond is like its own city.Qualcomm is doing it wrong. They are spread out over an area of San Diego but it doesn't have a proper campus. They just own most of the buildings.

my old company main complex was pretty sweet.We were a satellite office and it was a basic crap office.

Googleplex is cool. Our company had an office in there for a while but Google assimilated our building.

Microsoft in Redmond is like its own city.

Qualcomm is doing it wrong. They are spread out over an area of San Diego but it doesn't have a proper campus. They just own most of the buildings.

We already established earlier in the day that SD isn't living up to its potential. This further proves that

Sort of makes you wish you were a super smart computer guy and had been there at the beginning of FB, or Google, or starting up Apple with Jobs et al.

I have often wished that, though for reasons different than the quality of their facilities.

Google offices in Pittsburgh are even awesome. It's a repurposed nabisco plant.

Aside from the awesome atmosphere and ridiculous amenities, Google also brings in awesome speakers to their offices. They have a YouTube page with video of all the speakers they bring in. It's like Ted Talks.

Awwwwwwww, poor Otis and his "mundane, average joe slacks guy job."

:confused: your company doesn't run its own city?

You can thank Sun Microsystems for the campus, and Mark for like icon out front.

:blackdot: anyone hiring?

Applebee's has an opening.
sweet. hope the tips are good.

Not the website but the HQ campus. Walked right past Mark Zuckerberg, who was walking out on the main street quad from one meeting to the next. He gave me a look like "who's the suit?" Place was so cool. Sprawling. Like a giant epcot center for internet startup dudes. Zuckerberg had his two favorite restaurants in the world build new locations inside the "main street" of the campus, so he can walk across the street whenever he wants and eat there."Man, I like this food. I'm gonna have them build another restaurant for me 100 feet from my office." Must be nice.I visited Google's NYC HQ a few weeks ago, and all I can say is these are some pretty freaking cool places. Sort of makes you wish you were a super smart computer guy and had been there at the beginning of FB, or Google, or starting up Apple with Jobs et al. Or at least makes you want to quit your current mundane, average joe slacks guy job and go work there. Back to my stupid office and suit. :bowtie:

Buddy of mine from law school was in house at Google NYC for years. It is indeed an awesome place to work. Why not apply?

Every morning I walk 18 feet from my bed to my computer. I have a conference call at 8:30, then I have coffee and a bagel. I let the puppy outside so she can take a ####. In the summer, I'll usually jump in the pool at least once before noon, then a few more times in the afternoon depending on my schedule.

Buddy of mine from law school was in house at Google NYC for years. It is indeed an awesome place to work. Why not apply?
You know damn well why.

Every morning I walk 18 feet from my bed to my computer. I have a conference call at 8:30, then I have coffee and a bagel. I let the puppy outside so she can take a ####. In the summer, I'll usually jump in the pool at least once before noon, then a few more times in the afternoon depending on my schedule.

:rant:

You know, if you lived in San Diego this would be your life 365 days a year.

You know damn well why.
####ty law school?

You know, if you lived in San Diego this would be your life 365 days a year.
Yes, but it would suck.

Awwwwwwww, poor Otis and his "mundane, average joe slacks guy job."

:lmao:

Walked right past Mark Zuckerberg

Of course you did.
:shrug:

What restaurants?

I forget the names. A sushi joint and his favorite mexican place.

i bet that would be a pretty cool atmosphere.or at least better than staring at teeth all day.Then again i bet there is a lot of ebb and flow in that business.... FB contracts, you get fired, another startup happens, you get fired, etc... But it seems like it would be cool to work in a "college" type atmosphere all the time... make some good friends and stuff.Have some cool work after parties.... all of which sounds better than working with a bunch of women in a dental office.

What restaurants?

I forget the names. A sushi joint and his favorite mexican place.
La Casa de Libro y Cara?

i bet that would be a pretty cool atmosphere.or at least better than staring at teeth all day.Then again i bet there is a lot of ebb and flow in that business.... FB contracts, you get fired, another startup happens, you get fired, etc... But it seems like it would be cool to work in a "college" type atmosphere all the time... make some good friends and stuff.Have some cool work after parties.... all of which sounds better than working with a bunch of women in a dental office.

yeah, but the all you can eat Nitric oxide would be sweet also!

Walked right past Mark Zuckerberg

Of course you did.
:prettygoodposting:

I can do this whenever I want or work at a number of offices in several cities or countries.

That sucks that you have to be out of bed by 8:30. Horrible.

Is this where I mention that I get paid $200K to scratch my balls 3 times a day?

Are you sure that look wasn't ......."who's the fat guy?"

Are you sure that look wasn't ......."who's the fat guy?"
Totally possible.

Place was so cool. Sprawling. Like a giant epcot center for internet startup dudes. Zuckerberg had his two favorite restaurants in the world build new locations inside the "main street" of the campus, so he can walk across the street whenever he wants and eat there."Man, I like this food. I'm gonna have them build another restaurant for me 100 feet from my office." Must be nice.

I can see how weight loss will be a big challenge, for Zuckerberg..