Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VA703

*** OFFICIAL The Amazing Race - Season 22***

302 posts in this topic

Those baby goats sure were cute.

Would've been so much easier if they were feinting goats.

"Boo!"

*THUMPTHUMP*

"Alright, got my 2 goats."

It's easy to say this as a viewer, but I don't think I would confuse a hippo with a rhino.

Normally, I 'd agree. But the abscence of the hippo in the tile part throws things for the loop. I don't think I would've figured out to put the bird there. At least not on the first attempt. Now what the girls we're doing when they put the bird on top of the rhino, I'm not sure.

Had they seen the ostrich, they would have figured it out. But without it, they had to come up with 10 animals somehow.

Just put team mullet out of their misery.

Not sure how you enter a race when you can't run or hold your own body weight.

Just put team mullet out of their misery.

Not sure how you enter a race when you can't run or hold your own body weight.

Walmart was bringing some comedy today bagging on his sloth of a wife. I'm going to miss that hair

That is a pretty ####ty way to go out. Actually beat the other team and lose on a technicality. Wished they could have kept going but she was just dead weight.

I don't think there is one person I want to hit more than the youtube . Every time his voice inflects, I can't take it.

That is a pretty ####ty way to go out. Actually beat the other team and lose on a technicality. Wished they could have kept going but she was just dead weight.

I don't think there is one person I want to hit more than the youtube ######. Every time his voice inflects, I can't take it.

I thought that was a crappy penalty. What does "proper method" mean? Most tasks seem pretty specific and I get a penalty for taking a taxi when you are told to walk, but what if the cheese falls off the sled and rolls down the hill? Do you have to carry it back up to where it fell off? Could they sit on the sled and carry the cheese down on their laps or does the cheese have to be connected to their body?

All I know is that really was a bad penalty. Has there ever been a penalty on a task like that before? Normally, the person giving the clue tells them they haven't really finished and they have to do something again. To get a penalty after the fact is kind of BS. There was no way for them to know they actually did something wrong if they guy gives them the clue instead of saying they didn't accomplish it. Almost seems like a "producer's" call on that one.

I don't think there is one person I want to hit more than the youtube ######. Every time his voice inflects, I can't take it.

I thought that was a crappy penalty. What does "proper method" mean? Most tasks seem pretty specific and I get a penalty for taking a taxi when you are told to walk, but what if the cheese falls off the sled and rolls down the hill? Do you have to carry it back up to where it fell off? Could they sit on the sled and carry the cheese down on their laps or does the cheese have to be connected to their body?

All I know is that really was a bad penalty. Has there ever been a penalty on a task like that before? Normally, the person giving the clue tells them they haven't really finished and they have to do something again. To get a penalty after the fact is kind of BS. There was no way for them to know they actually did something wrong if they guy gives them the clue instead of saying they didn't accomplish it. Almost seems like a "producer's" call on that one.

This is a valid point. Lots of teams had their cheese fall off and slide partway down the hill.

I was hoping that Katie would accidentally unhook her safety line instead of the gnome's line and have a nice fall down the Eiger. But no such luck. :no:

I was hoping that Katie would accidentally unhook her safety line instead of the gnome's line and have a nice fall down the Eiger. But no such luck. :no:

I was hoping Clint Eastwood would show up.

This is a valid point. Lots of teams had their cheese fall off and slide partway down the hill.

Agreed. As bad as Winona was, they didn't desrve to go out this way.

:shrug: had it been accidently, where they were at least trying to use the sleds I'd have felt the same way. But they weren't even trying to use the sleds.

Really wish they had just said to both groups, you are both the last to arrive and have both been eliminated. :bye:

:shrug: had it been accidently, where they were at least trying to use the sleds I'd have felt the same way. But they weren't even trying to use the sleds.

Really wish they had just said to both groups, you are both the last to arrive and have both been eliminated. :bye:

They weren't using the sleds, but they got the next clue. It just didn't seem like the "proper methods" part of the task was clearly explained. Most tasks are pretty specific and the person that gives them the clue is kind of the judge and either hands them the clue or tells them they did it wrong. I definitely don't see a problem with someone getting a penalty for not completing a task or for taking the wrong type of transportation (when it clearly states go on foot or take a train, etc.).

Now, I did say to my wife that Chuck was a bean bag for not using a sled like a sled, which would have been a lot faster and wouldn't have gotten them eliminated, but usually when people incur penalties it is really clear. Heck, there is usually an edit where they show the clue or another team read the clue clearly about not taking a taxi and then show the penalized team take said taxi. In this case, there was no edit, probably because it would have looked worse.

There are people in this thread who are much more versed on TAR. Has there ever been a penalty on a task like this? I recall all kinds of transportation penalties where you are going to a place to do a task, but not in the task itself.

there have been penalties for not doing tasks correctly.

and i would bet that the "proper method" was explained on the clue.

That entire leg was bunching. The first 15-20 minutes were one bunch after another... flights, trains, wait for the shepherd on the sled, take another train, etc. Everyone arrived at Eiger together and basically bunched up again... either first out on one train, or, stuck behind someone slow, unable to pass, and pushed back to the second train 30 minutes later. Then up the snowy hill to the cheese, and everyone is stuck behind the blonde, unable to pass. IIRC, by the time the last two teams go to the cheese task, everyone else was already gone... so everyone else was done in 30 minutes. And no Detour task... weird leg.

That entire leg was bunching. The first 15-20 minutes were one bunch after another... flights, trains, wait for the shepherd on the sled, take another train, etc. Everyone arrived at Eiger together and basically bunched up again... either first out on one train, or, stuck behind someone slow, unable to pass, and pushed back to the second train 30 minutes later. Then up the snowy hill to the cheese, and everyone is stuck behind the blonde, unable to pass. IIRC, by the time the last two teams go to the cheese task, everyone else was already gone... so everyone else was done in 30 minutes. And no Detour task... weird leg.

Yeah, I hate those types of task where it is pretty much whoever gets in line first. Like last year when they did the Houdini but only 1 or 2 teams (I forget) could do it at a time. Tasks when only 1/2 teams can do something at a time or even the cheese when you can't really pass anyone sucks.

Link to describe them? Interested in seeing how it compares. Also, I wouldn't bet that it was explained well. Why not show it? When a penalty decides an elimination that is a pretty big occurence on the show, especially down to 5 teams left now, they usually show or have someone read the clue (sometimes another team). Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing the explanation. I still think it was a bad call, unless as you think it was explained well. Based on Phil's comment, it seemed like the only thing it said was proper method.

Link to describe them? Interested in seeing how it compares. Also, I wouldn't bet that it was explained well. Why not show it? When a penalty decides an elimination that is a pretty big occurence on the show, especially down to 5 teams left now, they usually show or have someone read the clue (sometimes another team). Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing the explanation. I still think it was a bad call, unless as you think it was explained well. Based on Phil's comment, it seemed like the only thing it said was proper method.

24 minute mark He states "teams must use a traditional sled to transport...."

Have to go off what he says since I don't recall them showing us the clue to read. :shrug:

BTW. 27:50 .. "good job Katie" as she gets completly buried under the snow.. :lmao:

I think I deleted if off my DVR, but maybe I can check on un-deleting it later, but I'm almost positive there was a close-up of at least the top half of the "join the local workforce" clue.

Yeah, when Chuck rips open the clue at 31:06 in the video snogger linked, it reads:

Follow the marked path and join the local workforce.

Using traditional Swiss Mountain Sleds, transport 200 pounds of cheese from the...

When they showed the sled sitting there empty I thought they were going to say the penalty was for leaving the sled on the hill or that they would have to go back and retrieve the sled

When they showed the sled sitting there empty I thought they were going to say the penalty was for leaving the sled on the hill or that they would have to go back and retrieve the sled

:goodposting:

At that point they were still rolling the cheese down the hill so I thought for sure they left it there. But when they got to the barn to transport the cheese into it they had both sleds so was kind of lost as to why they flashed to the sled.. until he called them out at the mat

link

Racers are prohibited from smoking during the race. This results in the sometimes cantankerous attitude of some contestants, such as Ian (Season 3) who quit smoking just prior to the race.

Never thought about this, but it would explain why some of the racers seem so uptight and frustrated sometimes.

http://amazingrace.wikia.com/wiki/Rules_and_Penalties

That is a pretty ####ty way to go out. Actually beat the other team and lose on a technicality. Wished they could have kept going but she was just dead weight. I don't think there is one person I want to hit more than the youtube ######. Every time his voice inflects, I can't take it.

I thought that was a crappy penalty. What does "proper method" mean? Most tasks seem pretty specific and I get a penalty for taking a taxi when you are told to walk, but what if the cheese falls off the sled and rolls down the hill? Do you have to carry it back up to where it fell off? Could they sit on the sled and carry the cheese down on their laps or does the cheese have to be connected to their body? All I know is that really was a bad penalty. Has there ever been a penalty on a task like that before? Normally, the person giving the clue tells them they haven't really finished and they have to do something again. To get a penalty after the fact is kind of BS. There was no way for them to know they actually did something wrong if they guy gives them the clue instead of saying they didn't accomplish it. Almost seems like a "producer's" call on that one.
:shrug: had it been accidently, where they were at least trying to use the sleds I'd have felt the same way. But they weren't even trying to use the sleds. Really wish they had just said to both groups, you are both the last to arrive and have both been eliminated. :bye:
They weren't using the sleds, but they got the next clue. It just didn't seem like the "proper methods" part of the task was clearly explained. Most tasks are pretty specific and the person that gives them the clue is kind of the judge and either hands them the clue or tells them they did it wrong. I definitely don't see a problem with someone getting a penalty for not completing a task or for taking the wrong type of transportation (when it clearly states go on foot or take a train, etc.). Now, I did say to my wife that Chuck was a bean bag for not using a sled like a sled, which would have been a lot faster and wouldn't have gotten them eliminated, but usually when people incur penalties it is really clear. Heck, there is usually an edit where they show the clue or another team read the clue clearly about not taking a taxi and then show the penalized team take said taxi. In this case, there was no edit, probably because it would have looked worse. There are people in this thread who are much more versed on TAR. Has there ever been a penalty on a task like this? I recall all kinds of transportation penalties where you are going to a place to do a task, but not in the task itself.
I think we need only look back at the first episode of this season to see an example of teams getting a penalty for not doing a task the proper way. I wish they would show all the clues to the viewer for a second or two as one of the teams reads it that way we could see exactly what it said. I also think it was kind of dumb to not give a choice to them. That's usually the way it is. Maybe the producers loved the cheese wheel so much they wanted to be sure everyone had to do it.

I wish they would show all the clues to the viewer for a second or two as one of the teams reads it that way we could see exactly what it said.

Yeah, when Chuck rips open the clue at 31:06 in the video snogger linked, it reads:

Follow the marked path and join the local workforce.

Using traditional Swiss Mountain Sleds, transport 200 pounds of cheese from the...

I know we get a glimpse of the clue sometimes. I'm just saying every time put it up there on the full screen.

He actually talked normally at one point in the show. Maybe when he gets out of puberty, his voice will stop cracking.

Pretty uneventful episode. Roller Derby moms must have gotten very lost to fall that far back.

Pretty uneventful episode. Roller Derby moms must have gotten very lost to fall that far back.

I don't understand working together when you are looking at elimination. The roller derby girls new they were the last two and probably could not win a footrace with the hockey guys.

But it was non-elimination, so all is ok.

Pretty uneventful season. I don't like or dislike any of teams enough to root for them or against them. I just don't care. This is the first time I can remember this being the case.

Pretty uneventful season. I don't like or dislike any of teams enough to root for them or against them. I just don't care. This is the first time I can remember this being the case.

The Newlyweds are pretty easy to hate, but the rest seem pretty genuinely nice.

Each team is accompanied by a two-person audio/video crew for the duration of the leg. The A/V crews rotate after each leg. For filming purposes, team members are generally required to stay within 20 feet of each other, unless one person is performing a Roadblock, and must also stay close to their A/V crew unless otherwise instructed. The A/V crew must be able to accompany the team when they use a form of transportation unless otherwise indicated; in other words, there must be room in a car, taxi, bus, train, or plane for both members of the team and the two crew members, otherwise, the team is then unable to use that form of transportation.

Interesting, so when they are looking at a flight or train they need 4 tickets.

That's true, they are annoying. "Ronald Reagan is my hero". Barf. But not annoying enough to hate. This season just has no soul.

That's true, they are annoying. "Ronald Reagan is my hero". Barf. But not annoying enough to hate. This season just has no soul.

No, they have that Freddie and Kendra vibe. Their comments in poor areas they have raced in just make you want to punch them in the throat.

I can't stand the newlyweds or the youtubers.

if there are contestants and crew all over the place, in a limited space like a train car, how was someone able to just walk off with Bates' bag?

1 person likes this

Funny how they ended last leg on a snow capped mountain and started this one with no snow anywhere.

if there are contestants and crew all over the place, in a limited space like a train car, how was someone able to just walk off with Bates' bag?

Good question.