Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith R

Good Movies that take place in New Orleans

57 posts in this topic

Looking for movies that take place in NOLA and are worth watching.So far, I've got Skeleton Key and Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call New Orleans. Have not seen DOA and am otherwise drawing a blank. So whatcha got? TIA

It's been a while since I saw it, but for some reason I remember The Big Easy being decent.

A Streetcar Named Desire

JFKDeja Vu (Denzel Washington flick)The Big Easy (already mentioned)for animated you have Princess and the Frog and All Dogs Go To Heaven

Easy Rider? That's what your question made me think of. Not sure it fits your criteria though.

A Love Song for Bobby Long (Travolta and Scarlet Johansson)

Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call New Orleans.

I thought you said good movies?Nic Cage films are usually automatically disqualified.

Angel Heart

:goodposting: Was gonna say this. A good 65-75% of it is in NOLA. Best movie Ive seen mentioned so far as well.

I thought you said good movies?Nic Cage films are usually automatically disqualified.
I actually thought this one was pretty good, thought I agree that 8 out of 10 Nic Cage movies, since 2000 at least, are laughably bad or just plain bad.

I actually thought this one was pretty good, thought I agree that 8 out of 10 Nic Cage movies, since 2000 at least, are laughably bad or just plain bad.
The original BL with Harvey is one of my favorite films. Especially when he's listening to the Mets game in the car.:lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8Y4iFrWk8

Yeah, I thought for sure someone would MITGOGAE (John Cusack), but that sucked pretty bad. Good chit lit, though. :unsure:I was told...

The original BL with Harvey is one of my favorite films. Especially when he's listening to the Mets game in the car.:lol:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir8Y4iFrWk8
For sure. I wouldnt even compare them to be honest. Only thing thats similar is the titles.

Heaven's Prisoners was also set in New Orleans.

It starred Alec Baldwin, Mary Stuart Masterson, Eric Roberts, Kelly Lynch and Teri Hatcher's bare breasts.

Yeah, I thought for sure someone would MITGOGAE (John Cusack), but that sucked pretty bad. Good chit lit, though. :unsure:I was told...

Savannah, GA

The Pelican Brief (portions).

Storyville, if I recall correctly.

Pretty Baby is set in StoryvilleContraband, a Mark Wahlberg vehicle from last year, wasn't bad.

Savannah, GA
Whew

Everybody's All-American.

Dennis Quaid as a Paul Hornung type of player whose life deteriorates when his playing days end.

Zero Dark Thirty

Angel Heart

:goodposting: Was gonna say this. A good 65-75% of it is in NOLA. Best movie Ive seen mentioned so far as well.

JFK

Deja Vu (Denzel Washington flick)

The Big Easy (already mentioned)

for animated you have Princess and the Frog and All Dogs Go To Heaven

one of the worst movies i've ever seen

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Miller's Crossing was filmed in New Orleans.