What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Buffalo Bills - Same as it ever was*** (4 Viewers)

Does anyone think this takes us out of the running to select an OL or WR in the first?
Nope.  I mean, I think WR is unlikely at #9 anyway just because it's kind of a reach at that point, but OL should absolutely still be on the table.  No objections at all to DL if they feel that is BPA, and there will certainly be talent there too.

Bills got a new kick returner. 

“Pro Bowl returner Andre Roberts is signing with the Buffalo Bills per sources. He was selected for both the All-Pro and Pro Bowl teams in recognition of his work as a kick returner last season with the Jets.” 
Not sure what they paid but he's an absolute monster in the return game.

Happy overall with the FA moves.  Tyler Kroft is the most WTH signing to me.  Not sure why they couldn't get someone more proven for that money.

ScottNorwood said:
Not sure what they paid but he's an absolute monster in the return game.

Happy overall with the FA moves.  Tyler Kroft is the most WTH signing to me.  Not sure why they couldn't get someone more proven for that money.
That’s why I’m warming up to the idea of Hockenson at 9 or more hopefully, trade down and take him further down. 

IvanKaramazov said:
Nope.  I mean, I think WR is unlikely at #9 anyway just because it's kind of a reach at that point, but OL should absolutely still be on the table.  No objections at all to DL if they feel that is BPA, and there will certainly be talent there too.
Yeah, my hope is bpa.  After thinking about it, Nsekhe might just be more of a swing guy instead of a starter.  OT could still make a lot of sense. 

At this point I’m thinking it’s gotta be DL, OT or possibly TE.  

Yeah, my hope is bpa.  After thinking about it, Nsekhe might just be more of a swing guy instead of a starter.  OT could still make a lot of sense. 

The moves make it seem like they want to go defense-heavy in the draft.  McDermott and staff have a good track record so far of coaching up rookies on defense.

Trading down would be good too.

Or what about OT at 9, then trading up to 25 or so if Hock falls?

There are actually several variations of taking two of: Top-3 OT, Hock, DK that could be very interesting on the offensive side of the ball.

The rest of the draft could be defense.

Something like that would be the ultimate "The ball is in your court Josh. Time to sink or swim."

EJ Gaines back on a 1 year $3.6 million contract.   

I like it.  More competition and depth in the secondary.  He was really good in the one year he played with us.  That spot across from White is looking better and better.  

So FoxSports has been running a bracket competition to find "the best NFL fans" utilizing Twitter polls. Bills fans got the Bills into the Final Four and we're winning by 15% with less than an hour left.

With 12 minutes left, the Titans suddenly received 20,000 votes all at once and took the lead and ended up winning.

The statistics, some fishy previous results, and some incriminating Twitter posts from Titan bloggers/podcasters made it pretty clear that the Titans beat the Bills at the very end via cheating once again.

Queue up classic Twitter and Bills fan behavior upon realizing that Titans fans had cheated, the Bills had lost a heartbreaker once again, and justice must be delivered.

Or....Bills fans unite and instead of trolling, harassing, or being jerks, they start making donations to one of Titans Coach Wycheck's charities that he supports. So far, Bills fans have donated close to $16,000 to Nashville Children's Alliance to provide support to kids who have dealt with serious physical and sexual abuse. Pretty cool.

Link

Tldr: Titans bloggers paid hundreds of dollars to steal a Twitter fan poll and Bills fans responded by donating their money to a Nashville charity.

So FoxSports has been running a bracket competition to find "the best NFL fans" utilizing Twitter polls. Bills fans got the Bills into the Final Four and we're winning by 15% with less than an hour left.

With 12 minutes left, the Titans suddenly received 20,000 votes all at once and took the lead and ended up winning.

The statistics, some fishy previous results, and some incriminating Twitter posts from Titan bloggers/podcasters made it pretty clear that the Titans beat the Bills at the very end via cheating once again.

Queue up classic Twitter and Bills fan behavior upon realizing that Titans fans had cheated, the Bills had lost a heartbreaker once again, and justice must be delivered.

Or....Bills fans unite and instead of trolling, harassing, or being jerks, they start making donations to one of Titans Coach Wycheck's charities that he supports. So far, Bills fans have donated close to $16,000 to Nashville Children's Alliance to provide support to kids who have dealt with serious physical and sexual abuse. Pretty cool.

Link

Tldr: Titans bloggers paid hundreds of dollars to steal a Twitter fan poll and Bills fans responded by donating their money to a Nashville charity.
Just goes to show, Bills Mafia is the best. 

So who do you guys think the Bills likely take, and who do YOU want them to take?

Personally, I think the 3 players it likely comes down to are Ed Oliver, TJ Hockenson, and Jonah Williams. 

I think the Bills probably will take Oliver if he is there.

Personally, I think I'd rather them take Hockenson. Yeah, a DT like Aaron Donald can make a big difference, but I still believe that you win in today's NFL with offense and that Hockenson could be a Gronk-type player. I also think that long-term, TEs cost less than elite DTs. So the bang for the buck is higher as well.

I was reading/watching something yesterday where a couple of the talking heads were talking about the Bills possibly trading up to #3 to take Quinnen Williams. Personally, I would HATE that move.

I'm still hoping they add OL and TE/WR with their first two picks. I'd like to see them trade down to 13, 15, 17, as those teams will likely want to jump the Broncos. They should still have some pretty good options between the top few OL or Hock. They could then use that capital to trade up from 2.8, if they see fit, for a remaining OL or someone like DK.

Adding a top OL, and Hock/DK to this offense would really set Allen up for success, IMO.

So who do you guys think the Bills likely take, and who do YOU want them to take?

Personally, I think the 3 players it likely comes down to are Ed Oliver, TJ Hockenson, and Jonah Williams. 

Personally, I think I'd rather them take Hockenson. Yeah, a DT like Aaron Donald can make a big difference, but I still believe that you win in today's NFL with offense and that Hockenson could be a Gronk-type player. I also think that long-term, TEs cost less than elite DTs. So the bang for the buck is higher as well.
I think they're most likely to take Oliver.  And that would be great by me.  I'd rather that they not trade up, because it's pretty much a lock that there will be very good players at DT, TE, and OL available at #9, and those are all clear positions of need for us.  

I’m thinking the same as you.  My top picks are Oliver, Hockenson, whatever OL they think is best, and maybe Sweat.  

My ultimate scenario would be to trade down a couple spots with Cincy, Washington or someone and still getting Oliver or Hockenson.  But I know that’s unlikely   

And I think there’s gonna be great talent available at 40.  My hopes would be one of the top WR’s available (Harry, Brown or Metcalf).  Maybe a solid OL falls (like Ford, Bradford, Risner).  But again, best player available whatever position it is.  

Are there players or moves you DON’T want the Bills to make?

For starters, I really don’t want to trade up. Stay put or trade down is what I’m hoping for.  

But players I have seen mocked that I really don’t want...  mainly R.Gary.  I think he’s just an athletic bust.  But also Burns, Fant, any CB in the first, and even cooling on Sweat I think.  

For starters, I really don’t want to trade up. Stay put or trade down is what I’m hoping for.  

But players I have seen mocked that I really don’t want...  mainly R.Gary.  I think he’s just an athletic bust.  But also Burns, Fant, any CB in the first, and even cooling on Sweat I think.  
I will trust the FO and get behind whatever they do.

That said, I strongly agree with you on Rashan Gary.  I also would prefer that they not select DK Metcalf or Montez Sweat at #9, but I could live with either of those picks.

I'm definitely against trading up as well. Joe Buscaglia is a huge fan of Oliver and advocating trading up to get him. I simply can't get on board with that at all.

I think trading up to get a QB makes sense. Trading up for any other position almost never makes sense IMO. The analytics are pretty strongly against trading away draft picks. 

And maybe I'd be in the wrong, but I would be disappointed if they ended up with an OT in the first. Partially because I feel like elite OTs just aren't true difference makers and also because the bust rate for highly drafted OTs seems very high. 

I'm definitely against trading up as well. Joe Buscaglia is a huge fan of Oliver and advocating trading up to get him. I simply can't get on board with that at all.

I think trading up to get a QB makes sense. Trading up for any other position almost never makes sense IMO. The analytics are pretty strongly against trading away draft picks. 

And maybe I'd be in the wrong, but I would be disappointed if they ended up with an OT in the first. Partially because I feel like elite OTs just aren't true difference makers and also because the bust rate for highly drafted OTs seems very high. 
Agree with everything you said except about OTs. Colts drafted G Nelson last year early. He not only performed well individually but you could tell his attitude carried over to the other positions. I feel like he was a big part of that turnaround for Indy (obviously Luck being healthy didn’t hurt, but Nelson made about as big of an impact as I have seen from a guard). The right offensive lineman can make a big impact on the offense imo. Wish you guys luck in Buffalo, seems like you are on the upswing. Was not a fan of drafting Allen but he exceeded expectations and if he continues to develop could be one of the more exciting playmakers at his position for a long time.

Selfish FF question to Bills fans...

Robert Foster...where do fans stand with his upside? They added Beasley and Brown and Zay is still around. From afar I really liked what I saw from Foster last year. He has the physical tools you love to see at WR....any chance he develops into WR1 for your squad?

@AdamSchefter  Apr 22

Bills are signing former Jaguars’ RB T.J. Yeldon to a two-year contract, per league source.

Did they recently look at the age column on their roster?

Not a bad signing, but he's both a former and present JAG.

@AdamSchefter  Apr 22

Bills are signing former Jaguars’ RB T.J. Yeldon to a two-year contract, per league source.

Did they recently look at the age column on their roster?

Not a bad signing, but he's both a former and present JAG.
Again, for me it’s all about the contract we give him.  But I like the signing.  I think Yeldon is a little underrated.  I think he’ll carve a nice roll.  

Hoping this doesn’t prevent the Bills from drafting a RB if the right opportunity presents itself.  

King of the Jungle said:
Selfish FF question to Bills fans...

Robert Foster...where do fans stand with his upside? They added Beasley and Brown and Zay is still around. From afar I really liked what I saw from Foster last year. He has the physical tools you love to see at WR....any chance he develops into WR1 for your squad?
I wouldn't draft him as anything more than a WR4, maybe even WR5 with John Brown and Cole Beasley in the mix. If they add a TE in the first 3 rounds of the draft that's probably another guy taking targets away from Foster. Sure, he'll probably have some big games here and there because of his speed and connection with Allen, but let's not get crazy.

I wouldn't draft him as anything more than a WR4, maybe even WR5 with John Brown and Cole Beasley in the mix. If they add a TE in the first 3 rounds of the draft that's probably another guy taking targets away from Foster. Sure, he'll probably have some big games here and there because of his speed and connection with Allen, but let's not get crazy.
Foster had some really nice games, but a big chunk of that was because he was literally the only viable target for Allen to throw to.  This is not to throw any shade at Foster, but we were at a point where a rookie UDFA was the best pass-catcher on our team (besides McCoy).  If the Bills do what they need to do to fix this unit, Foster's role in the offense is going to drop back dramatically.  

Great guy, great story.  But I agree with you about his long-term fantasy value.

Apparently Rashan Gary has a shoulder injury that will need to be managed for the 2019 season.  Hopefully this takes him off our board.  I didn't want to draft this guy in the first place, but a lingering medical flag should be a deal-breaker.

Apparently Rashan Gary has a shoulder injury that will need to be managed for the 2019 season.  Hopefully this takes him off our board.  I didn't want to draft this guy in the first place, but a lingering medical flag should be a deal-breaker.
It’ll be interesting to see where him, Sweat and Simmons fall because of possible health concerns.  I just don’t want any of them at 9. 

Didn’t even think I had to mention Wilkins in my do not want list, but the chatter I’m hearing is making me nervous.  He is not worthy of a top 10 pick.  So if Oliver and Hockenson are gone I really hope they go best OL or trade down.  

Wilkins is such a huge drop off from Williams and Oliver it would be so disappointing.   

Again, for me it’s all about the contract we give him.  But I like the signing.  I think Yeldon is a little underrated.  I think he’ll carve a nice roll.  

Hoping this doesn’t prevent the Bills from drafting a RB if the right opportunity presents itself.  
Yeldon’s contract numbers are in.  Not bad.  2 years.  3.2 million.  Not much in guaranteed I believe.   I’ll certainly take it.  

Strong rumor this evening is Bills trying to trade up to #3 with Jets to take Quinnen Williams. I will not be happy if they do that and give up a bunch to do it. This team is not 1 player away.

No more than a 3rd and a 5th.

Strong rumor this evening is Bills trying to trade up to #3 with Jets to take Quinnen Williams. I will not be happy if they do that and give up a bunch to do it. This team is not 1 player away.

No more than a 3rd and a 5th.
Yeah, I've been hearing some of that, too. I REALLY hope they don't do that. Way too much to give up, and like you said this team is not one player away.

I don't want the Bills to trade up. I don't want them taking defense tonight. I'll be so bummed if this is how the night ends...

Yeah, I've been hearing some of that, too. I REALLY hope they don't do that. Way too much to give up, and like you said this team is not one player away.

I don't want the Bills to trade up. I don't want them taking defense tonight. I'll be so bummed if this is how the night ends...
If they get Oliver at 9 and then take TE/WR or WR/TE in the 2nd and 3rd I'd be ok with that. WR and TE seem to be pretty deep with a bunch of talent that is all in the same tier from the mid-1st to the 3rd.

If they get Oliver at 9 and then take TE/WR or WR/TE in the 2nd and 3rd I'd be ok with that. WR and TE seem to be pretty deep with a bunch of talent that is all in the same tier from the mid-1st to the 3rd.
I don't want Oliver at 9, either. Get the offense right first, so you don't turn your QB into the next David Carr. I like the FAs they've added this off season, but they are minor improvements. They need more, IMO. Use rounds 3-7 to add bodies on defense.

I don't want Oliver at 9, either. Get the offense right first, so you don't turn your QB into the next David Carr. I like the FAs they've added this off season, but they are minor improvements. They need more, IMO. Use rounds 3-7 to add bodies on defense.
Hockenson would be ok at 9 and I could buy Jonah Williams even though I don't love an OT that high, but I'd be pretty disappointed with any other offensive player that high. Honestly, if it's not 1 of those players at 9 and they can't trade down, I think they'll be overdrafting whoever they take there.

Hockenson would be ok at 9 and I could buy Jonah Williams even though I don't love an OT that high, but I'd be pretty disappointed with any other offensive player that high. Honestly, if it's not 1 of those players at 9 and they can't trade down, I think they'll be overdrafting whoever they take there.
I've said it before, but I really hope they can find a team in the 10-17 that wants to trade up for a QB. Then they can hopefully still get Hock (doubtful), A Dillard, J Williams, or J Taylor.

That's my ideal scenario. If they can't trade down I still want one of those guys.

I don't listen to too much traditional local sports radio, but I've had WGR on for a few hours now, and just heard one of the dumbest calls I've heard in ages.

"The Bills should trade 1.9 and McCoy for 1.3" 

That tops the second dumbest call I've heard in ages, a couple hours ago, that suggested the Bills could trade McCoy for maybe a 2nd round pick.

Wonder how much Titans bloggers paid all those people to show up and pretend to be Titans fans?
That's funny. I don't know what the current fan base is like, but I was at the Music City Miracle, and we were all like "these fans don't know how to be fans, yet". They were completely indifferent to those of us wearing Bills' gear jabbing, cheering and chanting.

Users who are viewing this thread