GroveDiesel

***Official Buffalo Bills Thread: Team Exploring New Way to Get Hopes Up Before Destroying Fans***

7,530 posts in this topic

Pretty good article from Tim Rohan of SI. 

Last week he went to the Bills-Jets game at The Ralph (f@3k you whatever stupid corporate name they use now), wearing a Kaepernick 49ers jersey. He went with a buddy who's a long time Bills fan. His friend was convinced Rohan would end up in the fight with some drunks, but our guys were far cooler and nicer than either expected. They even visited the Bills Mafia tailgate and talked with a crazy old ex-Marine. They heard some FUs for sure, but nothing ever physical or threatening. Great article.

I Wore a Colin Kaepernick Jersey to an NFL Game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, flysack said:

Pretty good article from Tim Rohan of SI. 

Last week he went to the Bills-Jets game at The Ralph (f@3k you whatever stupid corporate name they use now), wearing a Kaepernick 49ers jersey. He went with a buddy who's a long time Bills fan. His friend was convinced Rohan would end up in the fight with some drunks, but our guys were far cooler and nicer than either expected. They even visited the Bills Mafia tailgate and talked with a crazy old ex-Marine. They heard some FUs for sure, but nothing ever physical or threatening. Great article.

I Wore a Colin Kaepernick Jersey to an NFL Game.  

I have a hard time with him trying to act like wearing a Kaepernick jersey to a Bills/Jets game wouldn't be a political statement. What other reason would someone have to wear one to a Bills/Jets game other than to make an intentionally provocative political/social statement?

I also take issue with his statement that the African American woman would have had a much different experience if she had worn her Kaepernick jersey. What possible justification does he have to make that statement?

You can almost taste the disappointment he has that he wasn't confronted more strongly. 

Pretty dumb statement by him saying that both teams obviously could have benefited from having Kaepernick. I mean, Taylor threw one INT that was partly Clay's fault and otherwise had a fairly decent game.

I think the article is really interesting and nice to read that Bills fans didn't really embarrass themselves, but it's pretty frustrating to read a story with such an obvious agenda and slant.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I have a hard time with him trying to act like wearing a Kaepernick jersey to a Bills/Jets game wouldn't be a political statement. What other reason would someone have to wear one to a Bills/Jets game other than to make an intentionally provocative political/social statement?

I also take issue with his statement that the African American woman would have had a much different experience if she had worn her Kaepernick jersey. What possible justification does he have to make that statement?

You can almost taste the disappointment he has that he wasn't confronted more strongly. 

Pretty dumb statement by him saying that both teams obviously could have benefited from having Kaepernick. I mean, Taylor threw one INT that was partly Clay's fault and otherwise had a fairly decent game.

I think the article is really interesting and nice to read that Bills fans didn't really embarrass themselves, but it's pretty frustrating to read a story with such an obvious agenda and slant.

Kaep would make a great backup in Buffalo. The Jets could use anybody, really.

The difference between an African-American woman wearing the jersey and him is that white people feel more comfortable bashing other white people for anti-racism then they do black people. The common sentiment is race is a black issue, when it's really a white-black issue. Then, of course, the confederate flag waving guys might just scream #### at the black woman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also the obvious agenda and slant was to see how people would react. I'm not seeing your outrage here. It was actually pretty ballsy of the dude to do it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

You can almost taste the disappointment he has that he wasn't confronted more strongly. 

 

Totally disagree with this too. My read was he was pleasantly surprised and relieved at the lack of violent reactions. Hell, he hung out with that ex-Marine and listened to everything he said. He busted the stereotype of crazy violent racist rural white people in WNY, which is probably what he was hoping for under his journalist objectivity. 

Edited by flysack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I have a hard time with him trying to act like wearing a Kaepernick jersey to a Bills/Jets game wouldn't be a political statement. What other reason would someone have to wear one to a Bills/Jets game other than to make an intentionally provocative political/social statement?

I also take issue with his statement that the African American woman would have had a much different experience if she had worn her Kaepernick jersey. What possible justification does he have to make that statement?

You can almost taste the disappointment he has that he wasn't confronted more strongly. 

Pretty dumb statement by him saying that both teams obviously could have benefited from having Kaepernick. I mean, Taylor threw one INT that was partly Clay's fault and otherwise had a fairly decent game.

I think the article is really interesting and nice to read that Bills fans didn't really embarrass themselves, but it's pretty frustrating to read a story with such an obvious agenda and slant.

:thumbup:  Kapernick who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't able to watch the game.  Honest Bills fan perspective, was it a bad throw or bad drop by Zay at the end of the game?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mr. Peterson said:

Wasn't able to watch the game.  Honest Bills fan perspective, was it a bad throw or bad drop by Zay at the end of the game?  

Donald Jones provided a good analysis on the John Murphy Show yesterday.... essentially, Jones misread the direction he was supposed to break on the route based on the safety's coverage.  Tyrod threw it to where Jones was supposed to be which is why Jones had to make that awkward, shoulder twisting attempt on the ball.  Rookie mistake on misreading the coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mr. Peterson said:

Wasn't able to watch the game.  Honest Bills fan perspective, was it a bad throw or bad drop by Zay at the end of the game?  

I've read/heard different views each way. From my eyes, it was a little bit the fault of each of them and just a tough play in general. 

A 4th down throw from that far away along the sideline with defenders on closing on both sides is a tough read and tough throw. 

They had a shot at it and barely missed. But really, that play wasn't why they lost. Just disappointing to be that close at the end and see it fall incomplete like it seems to always do for the Bills.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thread title :lmao::lmao:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does Tyrod only wake up late in the fourth quarter, after his defense has worn themselves to the bone keeping him in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, flysack said:

Why does Tyrod only wake up late in the fourth quarter, after his defense has worn themselves to the bone keeping him in the game. 

Because he only throws the ball when it is absolutely necessary, like on a last ditch effort drive.  Otherwise he may throw an interception....can't have that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ScottNorwood said:

The thread title :lmao::lmao:

Gotta do something to keep it from being overly depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, flysack said:

Why does Tyrod only wake up late in the fourth quarter, after his defense has worn themselves to the bone keeping him in the game. 

It's crazy. It's like when he's in a hurry up, he doesn't have time to overthink things and he just rips it. 

It's really frustrating that we're now on year 3 of the coaches essentially all going with the same offensive game plan: run run run, don't turn the ball over, safe short traditional throws.

I actually think both Tyrod and the offense would be much better with more hurry up and more of a modern/spread offense.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I actually think both Tyrod and the offense would be much better with more hurry up and more of a modern/spread offense.

I was about to suggest that maybe they could call plays at the line of scrimmage instead of huddling, but that would never work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

It's crazy. It's like when he's in a hurry up, he doesn't have time to overthink things and he just rips it. 

It's really frustrating that we're now on year 3 of the coaches essentially all going with the same offensive game plan: run run run, don't turn the ball over, safe short traditional throws.

I actually think both Tyrod and the offense would be much better with more hurry up and more of a modern/spread offense.

Isn't that how the K-Gun came around? They noticed how a young Jim Kelly was way better during the 2 minute drill, so they created the no-huddle hurry up offense.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NoI was listening to the Bills Beat podcast from Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn on my way home today and it got me really aggravated.

I know Tyrod Taylor is not a great QB. And I know that John Miller and Jordan Mills aren't good O-linemen. And I know Zay Jones and Jordan Matthews aren't speedy outside receivers. But all of those guys are pretty good at certain things (other than Mills who is terrible). 

So why is Rick Dennison forcing a blocking scheme and an offensive system onto guys that it doesn't fit at all?

The power blocking scheme worked well last for the Bills and Miller looked really promising in it. He's a horrible fit in the zone blocking scheme for many reasons. And Mills is even worse this year than last year.

Taylor works better out of the shotgun than from under center. So of course he's under center a bunch even though the NFL has trended towards QBs in shotgun for awhile now. 

Taylor is good running the read option. The Bills have run it once so far through 2 games.

Jones and Matthews are better in the slot running shorter quicker routes, which is also where Taylor can make quick first read throws that he is good at. So of course Matthews and Jones have played almost exclusively outside.

Over this long drought, one of the most frustrating things has been to watch coach after coach come in and force their scheme on players it doesn't fit. Or refuse to adjust the scheme when teams figure it out. In my mind, that's the #1 sign of a bad coach. It's much easier for the coach, one person, to adjust scheme/game plan than it is to get 11+ guys that all fit the scheme perfectly. Especially since a coach can adjust scheme just using his brain, while players can't change their physical abilities.

Seeing Rick Dennison pull the same crap that has killed so many other Bills team is ####ing me off. Because not only is it going to destroy any chance the Bills had to look good this year, it is also a likely sign that he does not have the ability to develop a QB and put a young QB in a situation to succeed. So even if the Bills are terrible and draft a QB high in the 1st round, it seems like that QB will be put in a situation with the deck stacked against him. :hot::wall:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

NoI was listening to the Bills Beat podcast from Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn on my way home today and it got me really aggravated.

I know Tyrod Taylor is not a great QB. And I know that John Miller and Jordan Mills aren't good O-linemen. And I know Zay Jones and Jordan Matthews aren't speedy outside receivers. But all of those guys are pretty good at certain things (other than Mills who is terrible). 

So why is Rick Dennison forcing a blocking scheme and an offensive system onto guys that it doesn't fit at all?

The power blocking scheme worked well last for the Bills and Miller looked really promising in it. He's a horrible fit in the zone blocking scheme for many reasons. And Mills is even worse this year than last year.

Taylor works better out of the shotgun than from under center. So of course he's under center a bunch even though the NFL has trended towards QBs in shotgun for awhile now. 

Taylor is good running the read option. The Bills have run it once so far through 2 games.

Jones and Matthews are better in the slot running shorter quicker routes, which is also where Taylor can make quick first read throws that he is good at. So of course Matthews and Jones have played almost exclusively outside.

Over this long drought, one of the most frustrating things has been to watch coach after coach come in and force their scheme on players it doesn't fit. Or refuse to adjust the scheme when teams figure it out. In my mind, that's the #1 sign of a bad coach. It's much easier for the coach, one person, to adjust scheme/game plan than it is to get 11+ guys that all fit the scheme perfectly. Especially since a coach can adjust scheme just using his brain, while players can't change their physical abilities.

Seeing Rick Dennison pull the same crap that has killed so many other Bills team is ####ing me off. Because not only is it going to destroy any chance the Bills had to look good this year, it is also a likely sign that he does not have the ability to develop a QB and put a young QB in a situation to succeed. So even if the Bills are terrible and draft a QB high in the 1st round, it seems like that QB will be put in a situation with the deck stacked against him. :hot::wall:

:goodposting:

 

What are McDermott's connections to Dennison? Is there a chance he see's these same things, and dumps him next season for a better OC that comes available? I'm normally not in favor of a ton of turnover at the top level coach positions, but the Bills are obviously rebuilding, and if they bring in a new QB that's usually a reset, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a lot of our former WRs all growed up and looking good on other teams tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Grigs Allmoon said:

We've got a lot of our former WRs all growed up and looking good on other teams tonight.

I was coming to post about this.

See, One Bills Drive? This is what our team could have looked like with a good, talented young QB. Woods and Watkins hauling in 6 for 100 and touchdowns. 

It's so ### #### depressing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Rams have better Bills players than Buffalo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flysack said:

I think the Rams have better Bills players than Buffalo...

Same with Patriots.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The line came out at -2.5/-3 most Places last Sunday night.  I'm very surprised it didn't jump early to -3.5-5 range.  Now with Cordy and Dareus out (albeit they haven't done much) it still hasn't moved.  If this stays at 3 - I think we have a chance.  If this moves Sunday around noon with the "smart" money to -4.5 we're in trouble.

I was kinda hoping it would move early in the week and then settle back at 3 around kick off giving me hope.

I just don't see how we'll be able to move the ball at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Dareus is such a disappointment.

While we watch Von Miller destroy us picked one pick earlier that lead us with Dareus.

If only Luck came out, We'd probably have Newton who Nix lovedddd.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some athletes politely tell Trump that he's being divisive. Others express their solidarity with the players. Our boy McCoy?

"our president is an @$$hole." 

:lmao: 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hearing rumors that some or all Bills players are going to do something during the anthem today.  If they kneel during the anthem I will be seriously disappointed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mr. Peterson said:

I'm hearing rumors that some or all Bills players are going to do something during the anthem today.  If they kneel during the anthem I will be seriously disappointed.  

I won't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Peterson said:

I'm hearing rumors that some or all Bills players are going to do something during the anthem today.  If they kneel during the anthem I will be seriously disappointed.  

I'll be proud of those Americans exercising their first amendment rights. It's what our soldiers die to protect and preserve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the kneeling thing is dumb and irritating as it politicizes my entertainment where I go to escape stuff like that.

BUT, our President has opened his mouth and changed the landscape. For all of the stupidity of the kneeling, it was a quiet and peaceful protest made by private individual and handled by their private employers. Trump's comments are a direct insult and attack from the very top of our government on private individual practicing their first amendment rights. It was vulgar and our government has no business encouraging a business to fire their employee for speech that the President opposes.

That changes the issue and I have no problem with players banding together and demonstrating their rejection of our government's threats against their speech rights.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Healthy respectful disagreement makes this country great. We were founded on it.

Oppression from power figures is another story. Telling it to effe off is also what this country was founded on. 

Edited by flysack
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still shocked they beat the Broncos and are now 2-1. If they beat Atlanta next week I'm going to want to Billlieve even though I know it'll end in heartbreak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, flysack said:

I'm still shocked they beat the Broncos and are now 2-1. If they beat Atlanta next week I'm going to want to Billlieve even though I know it'll end in heartbreak.

And just think how close they were to beating the Panthers despite that horsecrap PI call on Carolina's last scoring drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, flysack said:

Healthy respectful disagreement makes this country great. We were founded on it.

Oppression from power figures is another story. Telling it to effe off is also what this country was founded on. 

I wish I could give this post more than one like.  Both paragraphs are correct, but especially the second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 10:34 PM, Grigs Allmoon said:

:goodposting:

 

What are McDermott's connections to Dennison? Is there a chance he see's these same things, and dumps him next season for a better OC that comes available? I'm normally not in favor of a ton of turnover at the top level coach positions, but the Bills are obviously rebuilding, and if they bring in a new QB that's usually a reset, too.

shouldn't be one that i can see.  McDermott was with Eagles most of career, Dennison with Broncos most of career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

And just think how close they were to beating the Panthers despite that horsecrap PI call on Carolina's last scoring drive.

Of course, I also fully expect the Bills to get absolutely smoked by the Falcons. No way they can contain both Julio and Freeman. Devonta Freeman is the type of RB that should destroy Buffalo's LBers in coverage. Could easily see Atlanta RBs with 120+ total receiving yards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.