Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yenrub

Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina

Rotoworld:

Coach Bill O'Brien said OLB Jadeveon Clowney (knee) has a 50-50 chance of returning to the lineup Week 7 against the Steelers.

The Texans and Steelers play on Monday night. Clowney has been sidelined since going down with a torn meniscus in the season opener. J.J. Watt is single-handedly carrying the Texans at the moment. Clowney would be some much-needed help off the edge. Whitney Mercilus has been filling in for Clowney.
Oct 15 - 10:28 AM

BOB just trying to keep Steelers guessing as to whether they need to double team Watt and double team Clowney, or whether they can just triple team Watt.

Rotoworld:

According to HoustonTexans.com, there's a "decent chance" Jadeveon Clowney (knee) returns for Week 8.

"He feels good," coach Bill O'Brien said Monday. "Well see how it goes this week in practice. We'll be able to make a determination pretty soon about whether he can play or not." Clowney has been sidelined since Week 1.
Oct 21 - 4:58 PM

Rotoworld:

Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney (knee) said he'd be surprised if he doesn't play in Sunday's game against the Titans.

Clowney hasn't played since tearing his meniscus in Week 1. He says he plans to "push through" the soreness that's still in his knee. If the training staff lets him do so, it's obviously a concern for Zach Mettenberger's first NFL start.
Oct 23 - 12:41 PM

Faust must be in the bathroom. I got this update from O'Brien.

Texans outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney (knee) “has a good shot to play on Sunday,” head coach Bill O’Brien said Friday, according to Drew Dougherty of Texans TV.

The 21-year-old Clowney suffered a meniscus tear in Houston’s season-opening win vs. Washington and has not played since. He’s listed as one of the starters at outside linebacker in the Texans’ base 3-4 scheme.

The Texans (3-4) are two games behind Indianapolis in the NFC South. The Texans are favored at 2-5 Tennessee on Sunday. The Titans have changed starting quarterbacks, with rookie Zach Mettenberger given the top job.

The Texans’ final injury report will be released Friday afternoon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/24/obrien-clowney-has-good-shot-at-suiting-up-sunday/

• Like 1

As an owner of the HOU defense, I am salivating at the thought of Watt and Clowney terrorizing a rookie cube making his first start.

As an owner of the HOU defense, I am salivating at the thought of Watt and Clowney terrorizing a rookie cube making his first start.

:goodposting:

Number 3 defense in my league, I can only imagine Clowney gives them number 1 defense upside moving forward.

Rotoworld:

Jadeveon Clowney - LB - Texans

Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney (knee) is likely to play against the Titans, but will be on a "pitch count."

"I thought what he did what he had to do this week," coach Bill O’Brien said. "I think he’s got a good shot to play on Sunday." Clowney has been sidelined since tearing his meniscus in Week 1.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Oct 25 - 10:13 AM

Rotoworld:

Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney (knee) is likely to play against the Titans, but will be on a "pitch count."

I'll murder the next person who uses this phrase in relation to a player who does no throwing whatsoever.

Rotoworld:

I'll murder the next person who uses this phrase in relation to a player who does no throwing whatsoever.

Clowney throws offensive players for losses.
  • Like 1

Rotoworld:

Clowney throws offensive players for losses.

...but only during one half of a game before he gets a boo boo and has to miss signifiant time

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Texans are "growing frustrated" with OLB Jadeveon Clowney due to all his missed time with a knee injury and now illness.

Rapoport adds that the Texans know Clowney has never battled through a serious injury before and want him to "grow up, be more mature." Clowney was sidelined from the second half of Week 1 through Week 8 with a knee issue, and is now expected to miss Sunday's game while he's under the weather.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Nov 2 - 9:47 AM

Same complaint as at South Carolina......didn't want to risk his draft status and pro career playing less than 100%. What is it now....wanting to cash in after his rookie contract expires. I understand the Texans frustration.

Edited by kencav

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Texans are "growing frustrated" with OLB Jadeveon Clowney due to all his missed time with a knee injury and now illness.

Rapoport adds that the Texans know Clowney has never battled through a serious injury before and want him to "grow up, be more mature." Clowney was sidelined from the second half of Week 1 through Week 8 with a knee issue, and is now expected to miss Sunday's game while he's under the weather.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Nov 2 - 9:47 AM

Same complaint as at South Carolina......didn't want to risk his draft status and pro career playing less than 100%. What is it now....wanting to cash in after his rookie contract expires. I understand the Texans frustration.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000420993/article/houston-texans-frustrated-with-jadeveon-clowney

Rotoworld:

Jadeveon Clowney (illness) will not play in Sunday's Week 9 game against the Eagles.

The Texans are reportedly growing frustrated with Clowney, who has now missed seven of nine games due to a knee sprain and this illness. They'll also be without Brian Cushing (knee) Sunday. It's an obvious upgrade for the Eagles offense across the board.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 2 - 11:06 AM

JADEVEON CLOWNEY was too sick to play against the Eagles yesterday.

But apparently, the Texans linebacker - or someone with access to his Instagram account - was well enough to "like" a photo of a woman at the very same time his team was losing to the Birds.

The info comes by way of Nick Wright, a morning-drive host for SportsRadio 610 in Houston.

"Man, I just checked," Wright tweeted at the time. "Clowney, or someone on his account, absolutely "Liked" someone's Instagram picture at 12:45 p.m. today. That's awful."

Remember, that's 12:45 Central Time, 45 minutes after the game started.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20141103_In_Houston__linebacker_proving_to_be_a_clown.html#8vUdsFPZif23b4Rl.99

Wow, that's terrible. Was he on the field at the time or home from school playing sick???

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

Wow, that's terrible. Was he on the field at the time or home from school playing sick???

HOUSTON Linebackers Brian Cushing and Jadeveon Clowney were both inactive for Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Both worked out before the game, but were ruled out by the medical and coaching staff.

But apparently, the Texans linebacker - or someone with access to his Instagram account - was well enough to "like" a photo of a woman at the very same time his team was losing to the Birds.

The info comes by way of Nick Wright, a morning-drive host for SportsRadio 610 in Houston.

"Man, I just checked," Wright tweeted at the time. "Clowney, or someone on his account, absolutely "Liked" someone's Instagram picture at 12:45 p.m. today. That's awful."

Why?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20141103_In_Houston__linebacker_proving_to_be_a_clown.html#8vUdsFPZif23b4Rl.99

Wow, that's terrible.

Why?

Probably some foolish outdated notions about being paid, job responsibilities, and professionalism.

Wow, that's terrible.

Why?

Probably some foolish outdated notions about being paid, job responsibilities, and professionalism.

so stop posting on a football board and get to work!

Wow, that's terrible.

Why?

so stop posting on a football board and get to work!

Why would you assume I'm not working? And I certainly don't post here while attending the most critical meeting of the week - even if I'm not speaking in that meeting.

A cold? Good Lord. This guy should attend a Ronnie Lott toughness clinic.

What was the alleged illness, anyone know? Was it just a "cold"?

JJ Watt needs to hit him in the face a few times.

Haven't heard the actual illness but a team doc is the one that ruled him out. Not himself.

Mr. Maloonigans 10 hours ago

His flu-like symptoms prevented him from being able to play a grueling, brutal sport that requires world class stamina and concentration... so this means he shouldn't be able to press a button on his phone? Maybe he did it during a TV timeout and actually watched every play of the game. Even if he didn't watch every play, who cares?

Media desperate for controversy.

:goodposting:

Ebola-like symptoms according to Bleacher Report. They were smart to hold him out IMO.

Look, the instagram thing is way overblown. I do have a new nickname for Clowney, though:

The Stay-puff Marshmallow Man

If nothing else, this is proving Merrill Hoge correct so far.

That might be the first time he's been correct

"Houston Texans DE Jadeveon Clowney (illness, knee) said he is still dealing with some soreness in his surgically repaired knee. Clowney hopes to be able to play in Week 11 but does not know about his status."

He has the bye week to heal and his still hedging like he may not play week 11. Season will be almost 3/4 over if he doesn't play week 11. At that point, might as well save himself for a big splash next year. :bye:

"Houston Texans DE Jadeveon Clowney (illness, knee) said he is still dealing with some soreness in his surgically repaired knee. Clowney hopes to be able to play in Week 11 but does not know about his status."

He has the bye week to heal and his still hedging like he may not play week 11. Season will be almost 3/4 over if he doesn't play week 11. At that point, might as well save himself for a big splash next year. :bye:

Jadeveon Clowney still feeling discomfort in knee