What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

## OFFICIAL ## Taylor Swift thread (1 Viewer)

If I had dated the young woman, and we had broken up, as inevitably happens with her, and she had written a break up song, which also inevitably happens, it would have been entitled 5 Hole Dave.

I've never heard that.

Her music is nothing I'd ever listen to regularly and the few songs I've heard are very mundane. Maybe people hate her success for having bland music? I dunno...she's not really that hot either, so maybe they hate an average looking girl for being famous. But lots of average people with average music make it big. Lotta hate to spread around.
Well....time certainly changes us.  Since this post, I have become quite the Taylor Swift fan.  Why?  Because I have a daughter and we watch videos every night before she goes to bed.  I think Swift is sharp, talented and gorgeous.  If she comes to Portland, I'll be buying tickets and taking my daughter to the concert.  And I'm willing to spend a handsome sum to do so.  

Well....time certainly changes us.  Since this post, I have become quite the Taylor Swift fan.  Why?  Because I have a daughter and we watch videos every night before she goes to bed.  I think Swift is sharp, talented and gorgeous.  If she comes to Portland, I'll be buying tickets and taking my daughter to the concert.  And I'm willing to spend a handsome sum to do so.  
I took my wife to her concert last summer.  She puts on a great show.

Yes, it does GB. :lol:

I'm a fan. I liked her back when she was doing country. She was the first concert I took my kids to (about 7 years ago). Production-wise, it was the best show I have ever been to. You won't be disappointed.

Me

A much better song than most of the Reputation album. Hopefully her next album is more like her first couple. If her next album sounds more like Red... sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read it and I don't really understand it either.  :shrug:   
Hi GM. 

tldr version; Taylor Swift created the art (i.e, she wrote her songs). Yet due to the contract she signed as teenager, the agency owns her song catalogues and not her, the creator of said art.  The agency sold these rights to an undisclosed company, which is now public info and is  headed by somebody that Taylor strongly dislikes.  It was a warning to others about signing away your art in your early contracts.  Cheers.

Hi GM. 

tldr version; Taylor Swift created the art (i.e, she wrote her songs). Yet due to the contract she signed as teenager, the agency owns her song catalogues and not her, the creator of said art.  The agency sold these rights to an undisclosed company, which is now public info and is  headed by somebody that Taylor strongly dislikes.  It was a warning to others about signing away your art in your early contracts.  Cheers.
Thanks GB.  I appreciate the recap.  I'm a newer fan to Swift and pop in general because I have a daughter now and I'm trying to find common ground and I really really like Swift's music but I have lots to learn.  This helps. :thumbup:

Seems she is upset not because her past work was sold (she said she knew that would happen eventually) but it was sold to a certain person that she doesn't happen to like.  Boo hoo.  

If she knew it would be sold some day, why not include a stipulation (or add it later after she became famous) that she get a fair shot at buying her work back?  Business. 

Hi GM. 

thanks

She is hot no doubt but she sounds like she is insufferable in every aspect of life.  I guess that is what happens when you become a mega star in your teens

Seems she is upset not because her past work was sold (she said she knew that would happen eventually) but it was sold to a certain person that she doesn't happen to like.  Boo hoo.  

If she knew it would be sold some day, why not include a stipulation (or add it later after she became famous) that she get a fair shot at buying her work back?  Business. 
Well when she signed it she was a teenager with no idea she'd become mega famous, and after she is famous what is the incentive for the people that own her music to agree to her stipulation?  I can see being upset if her music was sold to someone she doesn't like without a real shot at purchasing it herself.

Well when she signed it she was a teenager with no idea she'd become mega famous, and after she is famous what is the incentive for the people that own her music to agree to her stipulation?  I can see being upset if her music was sold to someone she doesn't like without a real shot at purchasing it herself.
And without that first label she may not have received the push or exposure to become famous. They may have worked with her to keep their famous client happy.  Who knows? 

The article made it sound like she had an opportunity to buy (and her father).  If she didn't have that opportunity then I retract what I said.  

And without that first label she may not have received the push or exposure to become famous. They may have worked with her to keep their famous client happy.  Who knows? 

The article made it sound like she had an opportunity to buy (and her father).  If she didn't have that opportunity then I retract what I said.  
From what I've read they didn't give her a real chance.  The deal was in place and she got a few days advance notice.  I guess I just don't see the big deal with her voicing her displeasure at it.  It isn't like she's demanding anything.

I don't know if she had an opportunity or not, but I cannot imagine her passing on that opportunity if it came along. The amount was like pennies for her. 

From what I've read they didn't give her a real chance.  The deal was in place and she got a few days advance notice.  I guess I just don't see the big deal with her voicing her displeasure at it.  It isn't like she's demanding anything.
You have to think they would have offered it to her.  Its more valuable to her than anyone else. 

Agree, seems weird.  You would think she would definitely pay more to get the rights.
It seems like when she went to renew her contract with them, she wanted to get her catalog back. They wouldn’t sell it to her, but told her she could “earn” them back with subsequent albums (she says this meant that for each new album she made, she’d get one of her old ones). She decided to go to a different label that would allow her to own her future music. She tried to buy it outright outside contract negotiations and the label refused.

The guy who sold her back catalog sold it to Scooter Braun. She says he knew that Braun and his clients (Kanye and Bieber among them) had bullied and tormented her during her career. She often cried to him about the treatment. So it seems like the guy sold her catalog to Braun in a spiteful move because she didn’t re-sign with his label.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread