What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (4 Viewers)

A 25k mistake, even worse.
It's even worse than that.  The guaranteed amounts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are 100, 50, and 25K.  But if you get more than your guaranteed amount over the two days, you get to keep it.  So if you score 55K to come in second, that's what you win.  She couldn't do worse than 25K.  What was she protecting?  Really pisses me off.

(The same is true for the corresponding amounts for the other tournaments.)

After James hit the DD back to back last night, the fairly smart Jason guy went into a trance of disgust.  I expected him to go from staring into space to pulling out a machine gun.

In other alarming news, James continues to show the breadth of his knowledge.  He's not weak in any categories thus far.

Also, here's a quiz with the questions he got wrong.  https://www.vulture.com/article/jeopardy-quiz-james-holzhauer-got-wrong.html

Last edited by a moderator:
After James hit the DD back to back last night, the fairly smart Jason guy went into a trance of disgust.  I expected him to go from staring into space to pulling out a machine gun.

In other alarming news, James continues to show the breadth of his knowledge.  He's not weak in any categories thus far.

Also, here's a quiz with the questions he got wrong.  https://www.vulture.com/article/jeopardy-quiz-james-holzhauer-got-wrong.html
That guy was so mad. I loved it. 

It's even worse than that.  The guaranteed amounts for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are 100, 50, and 25K.  But if you get more than your guaranteed amount over the two days, you get to keep it.  So if you score 55K to come in second, that's what you win.  She couldn't do worse than 25K.  What was she protecting?  Really pisses me off.

(The same is true for the corresponding amounts for the other tournaments.)
It really does show how much betting the right amounts is just as key as a quick trigger finger and breadth of knowledge.

This is a pretty good podcast on this run:  How Uncle Jamie Broke Jeopardy

The host shares nephews and nieces with James and talks about losing the "cool uncle" battle because of this.
"In this episode: Kenny complains to James about losing the uncle battle, gets James to reveal the logic behind his strategy, and talks to some of Jeopardy!'s most famous champions about how they helped break the game."

Last edited by a moderator:
If the challenger had just bet all in on the first DD of DJ, James would have been toast.
I think that dude played it right.  He wagered enough to put himself a good amount ahead but if he got it wrong he was still in the game.  Maybe i'm the idiot.

I think that dude played it right.  He wagered enough to put himself a good amount ahead but if he got it wrong he was still in the game.  Maybe i'm the idiot.
He played it right for a normal opponent. Against James, he had to go for it. The female contestant posted on reddit that she and Nate agreed before the game that they would hunt for DDs and go all in when they found one, but he chickened out this time and it cost him the chance at immortality.

Conspiracy of the day thought on that FJ. If James is ahead you know he will bet enough to win. So any time now that he's ahead they put a gimme as the FJ to keep the high ratings streak going. Even I caught The A Train.

Conspiracy of the day thought on that FJ. If James is ahead you know he will bet enough to win. So any time now that he's ahead they put a gimme as the FJ to keep the high ratings streak going. Even I caught The A Train.
I’ve always assumed the final jeopardy clue was determined before the game begins.

Users who are viewing this thread