Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TobiasFunke

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh

5 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Hide contents

If James hadn't found that last DD he would have been toast

If the challenger had just bet all in on the first DD of DJ, James would have been toast.

10 minutes ago, Shrugs said:

If the challenger had just bet all in on the first DD of DJ, James would have been toast.

I think that dude played it right.  He wagered enough to put himself a good amount ahead but if he got it wrong he was still in the game.  Maybe i'm the idiot.

1 hour ago, Frostillicus said:

I think that dude played it right.  He wagered enough to put himself a good amount ahead but if he got it wrong he was still in the game.  Maybe i'm the idiot.

To beat James, someone is going to have to bet it all in the first Jeopardy and get it right.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frostillicus said:

He played it right for a normal opponent. Against James, he had to go for it. The female contestant posted on reddit that she and Nate agreed before the game that they would hunt for DDs and go all in when they found one, but he chickened out this time and it cost him the chance at immortality.

• Like 3

Conspiracy of the day thought on that FJ. If James is ahead you know he will bet enough to win. So any time now that he's ahead they put a gimme as the FJ to keep the high ratings streak going. Even I caught The A Train.

6 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Conspiracy of the day thought on that FJ. If James is ahead you know he will bet enough to win. So any time now that he's ahead they put a gimme as the FJ to keep the high ratings streak going. Even I caught The A Train.

I’ve always assumed the final jeopardy clue was determined before the game begins.

16 minutes ago, pecorino said:

I’ve always assumed the final jeopardy clue was determined before the game begins.

I can't imagine that's not the case and it sucks if it isn't.  

18 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Well, it is...unless there's a conspiracy, which is $64,000 Question territory.

• Thinking 1

2 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

They can’t and definitely do not do this. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pecorino said:

I always assumed that the FJ clue was randomly chosen, at the last moment, from multiple possible FJ clues.

2 hours ago, brun said:

I always assumed that the FJ clue was randomly chosen, at the last moment, from multiple possible FJ clues.

I'm sure it's predetermined so Alex can practice reading the clue and get pronunciations right.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2019 at 9:04 PM, Penguin said:

CNN talked to some folks that played against him, one woman is very bitter, lol

Link

I'm joining the Alix fan club. :wub:

25 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Mary fan club down?

Haven't seen her. :shrug:

11 hours ago, Shrugs said:

He played it right for a normal opponent. Against James, he had to go for it. The female contestant posted on reddit that she and Nate agreed before the game that they would hunt for DDs and go all in when they found one, but he chickened out this time and it cost him the chance at immortality.

I thought he was crazy not to go all in on that as well. The game turned right after that as James found the 2nd DD right after that and then ran a good portion of the rest of the board.

1 hour ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Mary fan club down?

Mary Peace from Ottawa? 👍

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Long Ball Larry said:

maybe this was posted, but James is 25/26 on FJ.  No one has ever been that good.

https://thejeopardyfan.com/statistics/the-300-club

FIX

While I was being a tinhatter earlier, this does fall in with you better be ahead going into FJ or your odds are close to zero catching this guy.

25 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

While I was being a tinhatter earlier, this does fall in with you better be ahead going into FJ or your odds are close to zero catching this guy.

Exactly.  And the key to being ahead going into FJ is to deny James as many DD opportunities as possible.  Ideally, don't let him have any DDs.  Of course, the opponents still have to come up with correct answers on a big chunk of the puzzle to make this work.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brunell4MVP said:

He may be the only player left in final jeopardy/  Others are both negative 

Had that ever happened before? Where 2 players were in the red after the 2nd round?

What a total wipeout. That’s the most uncompetitive game of jeopardy I’ve ever seen. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Had that ever happened before? Where 2 players were in the red after the 2nd round?

quite a few times

Was actually pretty epic game Friday with James calling back to Dr. Dree, circumventing new rules to shout out the Vegas Strip, joking about Jeopardy being a career option and breaking $2 million. Too bad DJ DDs wasted or would have put up new record.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shrugs said:

Was actually pretty epic game Friday with James calling back to Dr. Dree, circumventing new rules to shout out the Vegas Strip, joking about Jeopardy being a career option and breaking $2 million. Too bad DJ DDs wasted or would have put up new record.

After single jeopardy I thought we were going to see that 130k surpassed

For those that aren't aware there's a new episode tonight

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Cranks said:

Alex seems annoyed by his dominance tonight.  😁

I think it's the fact that James picks the next clue constantly before Alex finishes talking

1 hour ago, Captain Cranks said:

😁 His female opponent seems genuinely happy he's kicking her ### so badly.  The guy, not so much.  

I thought so too. She seemed to be in awe just to be in his presence. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

James with the hockey stick for the “j” in his name and he included a puck as well

Hockey fan

How would he have known that SC game 1 was tonight?  Seems like a coincidence to me.

1 hour ago, chet said:

How would he have known that SC game 1 was tonight?  Seems like a coincidence to me.

The SC finals dates are set well in advance and they contestants know what date each show is airing. That's why Boston had 12 days off, even if the San Jose - St. Louis series ended in 4 games, game 1 of this series would have still been tonight

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 1