What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (3 Viewers)

Believe me I don't want the 8 days. She's already bucked the first hurdle being the only person to take down a 10 time winner and win a 2nd game. It's uncharted territory. For her to win 8 straight it's gotta be -EV even with two already in the books

I'd do even money she runs the table this week and appears on Monday's episode, meaning she won the next 3 and is still alive heading into next week. I mean in a vacuum she's gotta a 33.33% chance each night over the next 3, that's good odds for you, I'm just betting on that homely ### look of hers, lol

The odds of both players wagering those amounts (or very close to those amounts) were 99.99%.
You’re throwing around percentages, which is fine, but keep in mind that 99.99% means 1 in 10000 this doesn’t happen. That’s ridiculously low—there have only been 8000 episodes of Jeopardy in history and some of them end in a runaway. You’re essentially saying this never would happen (or about once ever in Jeopardy history) and we all know there have been many betting mistakes over the years. I think you are making assumptions about these three players (probability and game theory is built on these assumptions (like rationality) so I’m not saying that’s bad) but what I am saying is that with a sample size of practically zero, Emma was a wildcard and not a lock to bet rationally.

She missed a few questions and didn't buzz in on some more last night.  And missed FJ.  If the man in the middle hadn't missed his second DD for the $6k I think he would have won the game. The extra $6k would have allowed him to bet enough to overtake her in FJ and he got it right, she got it wrong.  

She is smart and quick on the buzzer but she played a flawless game against James.  Did well last night but was not close to flawless. 

pecorino said:
I don’t think that’s correct. That would be 1 in 1000. Contrstants, especially challengers, don’t always have the cajones to wager upwards of 20K even though they should. Even the minuscule chance that he gets it right, she gets it wrong, and she still wins (say she bet $0), would be crushing. If I had James’ brain, his penchant to gamble and his 2.5M in the bank already, I’d consider a sub-optimal bet, especially with the confidence that I’m not missing that question while the others get it right.
Except that she had already shown her cajones by going all in on a DD.

Could someone post today's results, please?  I got the FJ question.  Just as Alex was about to reveal the first response, ABC cut in with an update of the helicopter crash story.

2nd place tonight (Eesha) is a former student of mine.  
Correction. She had the teacher next to me. I had her brother, hence the confusion.
So - you're sayin' her confusion over having the teacher next to you - while you had her brother - caused her to come in 2nd?

How?

Were you a Jeoporay category that match?

A: He taught your brother how to spin a globe on his nose.

Eesha: WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread