What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (4 Viewers)

And he's not an irritating tool.  Thank goodness.
We'll agree to disagree.  I find his sheepish, 'Aaww, shucks. How did that happen,' mannerisms annoying.  I"m sure he's a nice guy but, unlike James, I find myself routinely rooting against him.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Beef Ravioli said:
I haven’t watched much since the one guy turned the Jeopardy world upside down. Is this current champ got anything that is unique to himself? Is he taking the big numbers first and betting heavy early?
He is taking the big numbers first but doesn't bet too heavy in DDs.

Captain Cranks said:
We'll agree to disagree.  I find his sheepish, 'Aaww, shucks. How did that happen,' mannerisms annoying.  I"m sure he's a nice guy but, unlike James, I find myself routinely rooting against him.    
Alex keeps pushing the "be like James" shtick on him, telling the new contestants"you know he starts with the high value questions like James did" and "we had Jeopardy James, do we have Jeopardy Jason now?" and telling him "you need to practice the "all in push" motion James used", etc.  The guy just wants to play the game and be himself, but Alex is trying to turn him into another high-ratings draw.

Alex keeps pushing the "be like James" shtick on him, telling the new contestants"you know he starts with the high value questions like James did" and "we had Jeopardy James, do we have Jeopardy Jason now?" and telling him "you need to practice the "all in push" motion James used", etc.  The guy just wants to play the game and be himself, but Alex is trying to turn him into another high-ratings draw.
And? Alex probably gets a bonus for how well the show does. I would do the same thing. 

And? Alex probably gets a bonus for how well the show does. I would do the same thing. 
Of course he does and probably so would I. I was responding to the post criticizing Jason for his sheepish "aw shucks" behavior and pointing out that he's simply trying hard to stay himself and avoid being the James clone that Alex is pushing on him.

Of course he does and probably so would I. I was responding to the post criticizing Jason for his sheepish "aw shucks" behavior and pointing out that he's simply trying hard to stay himself and avoid being the James clone that Alex is pushing on him.
Oh, I see now...

I don't think those two things have anything to do with each other.  

That said, yesterday was the first time I noticed him (I don't even know his name) drop the sheepishness and begin to look confident.  

I would like to see his stats relative to James.  I realize James bet and won more, but this guy rarely gets a question wrong so it would be interesting to see their accuracy percentages.

Yep.  I'm there yelling at the TV again.  I wonder what they say to themselves later when they figure it out.
I'm starting to think that in addition to the general knowledge test, they add a betting strategy test to get on the show.

It gets really old seeing the idiotic crap we saw last night where either 2nd and 3rd could have won with minimal common sense.

I'm starting to think that in addition to the general knowledge test, they add a betting strategy test to get on the show.

It gets really old seeing the idiotic crap we saw last night where either 2nd and 3rd could have won with minimal common sense.
when you are 2nd and behind by 3k with 20k banked, why are you doubling?  when you are 3rd, why bet at all if you’ve done your math?  yesterday set jeopardy back 36 years.

In fact, @by_the_sea_wannabe, I’ve been called pompous and a know it all more times than I can recount on this board. It will give a lot of people great pleasure, including me, when you kick the hell out of Stage IV pancreatic cancer and throw it in my face for decades. Hell, I have famously refused to meet anyone on this board, give anyone my real name, or gamble.

You beat this thing and five years from now while you’re still cancer free I’m taking you to a Steelers game on my dime for you to laugh in my face. 

In print, on the board, cstu-style except I actually pay up. 

2024. You, me, and whatever horrifying concoction passes for food at your stadium. 

Deal?

Go kick the crap out of it. 

And, again, what I said about Trebek was stupid. I do that sometimes. 

In fact, @by_the_sea_wannabe, I’ve been called pompous and a know it all more times than I can recount on this board. It will give a lot of people great pleasure, including me, when you kick the hell out of Stage IV pancreatic cancer and throw it in my face for decades. Hell, I have famously refused to meet anyone on this board, give anyone my real name, or gamble.

You beat this thing and five years from now while you’re still cancer free I’m taking you to a Steelers game on my dime for you to laugh in my face. 

In print, on the board, cstu-style except I actually pay up. 

2024. You, me, and whatever horrifying concoction passes for food at your stadium. 

Deal?

Go kick the crap out of it. 

And, again, what I said about Trebek was stupid. I do that sometimes. 
2024: HF has a date with a Primanti's Cap & Cheese and a side of Quaker Steak wings, washed down with a lukewarm IC Light.   :thumbup:

I just hope he gets to do the Tournament of Champions this year.  I'm pretty sure he wants to see how Jeopardy James does.  They should be taping right about now.

No, the Final category was "Chemical Symbol Wordplay" and the question was, basically, "what's a 5-letter word for a snack food with lots of melted cheese, and the first two letters are the chemical symbol for sodium?"

And the champ answered

NANCY?

and is not the returning champion any longer.
I thought it was worded as, "the symbols for the 4 elements in sodium citrate, which can make cheese melt easier, spell this 5-letter food"

All sodium citrates consist of sodium (Na), carbon (C), hydrogen (H), and oxygen (O). Trisodium citrate (Na3C6H5O7) is often added as an emulsifier to cheese, which assists in melting the cheese as described in the clue.

I thought it was worded as, "the symbols for the 4 elements in sodium citrate, which can make cheese melt easier, spell this 5-letter food"

All sodium citrates consist of sodium (Na), carbon (C), hydrogen (H), and oxygen (O). Trisodium citrate (Na3C6H5O7) is often added as an emulsifier to cheese, which assists in melting the cheese as described in the clue.
This is the correct FJ question.

The champ got it right just didn’t have enough to bet to win. The guy in the center answer Nancy and was clueless 

No, the Final category was "Chemical Symbol Wordplay" and the question was, basically, "what's a 5-letter word for a snack food with lots of melted cheese, and the first two letters are the chemical symbol for sodium?"

And the champ answered

NANCY?

and is not the returning champion any longer.
He wasn't the returning champ.  He was in the middle.

I answered this Na3C6H5O7

Users who are viewing this thread