What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (1 Viewer)

Chuck Forrest is a bad m-fer. Elite buzzer-timing and was one of the early random-clue guys. He was the boss when I first started watching the show as a kid, and I did let out a little gay squeal-cheer when he took the lead on Jennings in Double.

I think the change to unlimited wins ruins the show. I am so sick of Julia winning every game and she's basically a pleasant, likable person. I think they should limit wins to about 10 and let them win more $ in the annual Tournament of Champions.
They should bring back past titans of Jeopardy as coolers. It could be like boss battles in video games.

You win 10 straight, you get Roger Craig in your 11th game. 20 in a row, you have to face Jennings. 30 straight, Rutter shows up to hand you your buttocks. God forbid you get through all of them and get to 50 wins... they bring in Tanner F'n Boyle to do the Bristol Stomp all over your ##### ###.
I like it!

Anybody following the tourney going on now?

Julia in a big hole coming into the final night and Chu didn't help himself by missing the final answer either.Should be an interesting finish to this one since both are very good players and could make this a close one.

I caught the last moments of the show a couple nights ago. It was when the three contestants were talking to Alex Trebek. I saw Hung Lo on there. Did he win again?

That girl knocked off the short dude who'd won ~4-5 in a row, then came back the next day and sucked epically

This dude Brennan is the biggest dork in the universe.
There is no doubt he's a dork, but he seems like he has a lot to say if you give him a chance.

Just not during Jeopardy!

Don't we have some sort of Jeopardy! champion here? Won the celebrity or teacher edition or something similar.

This dude Brennan is the biggest dork in the universe.
There is no doubt he's a dork, but he seems like he has a lot to say if you give him a chance.

Just not during Jeopardy!

Don't we have some sort of Jeopardy! champion here? Won the celebrity or teacher edition or something similar.
Look up.
Damn, that might have been too dry.
No, my bad, I skimmed it and missed the joke. :whoosh:

Anybody catch the Rush(the band)fan last night in Jennifer?

During her interview she tells a story of how she held up a Jeopardy sign at a Rush concert and then proceeds to pull out a pair of Neal Peart's drumsticks from her pants and holds them up proudly.

Then during the show she gets one of the daily double questions and bets 2112.

She goes on to win the night and once again displays her drumsticks in victory.

Last edited by a moderator:
she was in the limelight last nite and threw a main monkey wrench into the champ's 3 peat plans. the board subdivsions seemed to be to her liking. she had a cold fire in her eyes.

she was in the limelight last nite and threw a main monkey wrench into the champ's 3 peat plans. the board subdivsions seemed to be to her liking. she had a cold fire in her eyes.
She clearly had the spirit of the radio on her side taking down the big money

She clearly had the spirit of the radio on her side taking down the big money
I was rooting for her all the way after her "Walk Like An Egyptian" move. But she does have the potential to get cocky if she wins a few games.

During her interview she tells a story of how she held up a Jeopardy sign at a Rush concert and then proceeds to pull out a pair of Neal Peart's drumsticks from her pants and holds them up proudly.

I started watching after the interviews and thought it was strange she bet 2112, I wondered if she might be a Rush fan. I'm not sure Trebeck got the connection with his look and "okaaaaay".

What a dork

tom22406 said:

Normal me: 3/10

Me wearing wizard hat: 10/10

There has been more greedy, stupid, betting lately, including last night.

Going into the Final, 1st place had about $18,000, 2nd had about $15,000 and 3rd had $10,000.

If 1st place bets $12,001, he wins $30K with a correct answer. If he misses it, he can still win with $5,999 if the other miss it and bet too much.

So all three miss the Final question and the moron in 1st bets the full $18,000.

The result is that 2nd place wins with $500 and 1st place ends up with $0 instead of winning with just under $6K.

It never makes sense for the 1st place person to bet it all, no matter what the category, unless they are tied for 1st with someone else.

There has been more greedy, stupid, betting lately, including last night.

Going into the Final, 1st place had about $18,000, 2nd had about $15,000 and 3rd had $10,000.

If 1st place bets $12,001, he wins $30K with a correct answer. If he misses it, he can still win with $5,999 if the other miss it and bet too much.

So all three miss the Final question and the moron in 1st bets the full $18,000.

The result is that 2nd place wins with $500 and 1st place ends up with $0 instead of winning with just under $6K.

It never makes sense for the 1st place person to bet it all, no matter what the category, unless they are tied for 1st with someone else.
What kills me is how people botch the daily double betting almost every time. Why was that guy betting almost nothing on the daily doubles but then betting everything in final jeopardy? So many times late in the game people get a daily double and have a chance to either take the lead or put the game away right there and they never bet enough. When they lose they have to look back and think if they only bet more on the daily double they would have won 25 grand. Those daily doubles are almost always easier than the final jeopardy.

Was hoping Matt would stick around for a longer run but having to see his serial killer looking glare into the camera each night will not be missed.

Still mind boggling that Jennings went 74 in a row before being knocked off.Doubt that ever gets touched unless of course OPM gets back into it.

tom22406 said:
Was hoping Matt would stick around for a longer run but having to see his serial killer looking glare into the camera each night will not be missed.

Still mind boggling that Jennings went 74 in a row before being knocked off.Doubt that ever gets touched unless of course OPM gets back into it.
Agree. Seems unreal that Jennings won 74 in a row. Jackson was on for what, 13 days and that seemed like an eternity.

Jackson was fun to watch for sure. Wide breadth of knowledge, but that's never enough -- gotta hunt for the daily doubles and make big wagers. I was rooting for him to keep going. Most players win once or twice and are colossal bores.

tom22406 said:

so true

Looked like there were a lot of clues left on the board when double jeopardy ended last night. Champ gets a 2K to finally take a $200 lead and boom, the round immediately ends. About 1/3rd of the board still in play. He ended up losing (to a guy who answered dodger stadium in a question about roof color :loco: ) but still, seemed like shenanigans to me that the DJ round ended right when it did.

Users who are viewing this thread