What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (4 Viewers)

Is it just me or did the questions in this game seem easier than the those in the last two games? The first two nights I was able to answer maybe 20-25%. This game I was able to answer about 60-70%.
My wife was impressed with how many I was getting right, so you're not alone.  

They aren’t aware of other scores in tourney. 14k is a score that will get a wildcard most of the time. However, the 7k she would have been left with if wrong wasn’t likely to get the job done, so it’s better to bet big enough to ensure the wild card. As she’s in second with two games left, she’s still likely to make it.
This is the key.  There are two outcomes:  She gets it wrong or she gets it right.  If she gets it wrong, there's not much difference between $0 and $7K in terms of getting a wildcard.  If she gets it right, there's a good chance she's locked in the wildcard.   

Is it just me or did the questions in this game seem easier than the those in the last two games? The first two nights I was able to answer maybe 20-25%. This game I was able to answer about 60-70%.
I thought decently easy too.  Usually they step up the difficulty in the TOC, but I haven't sensed that so far.  I thought Monday's FJ was pretty easy for a TOC one (and even a regular ep) -- about a battle in ancient history involving a messenger running from Athens to Sparta.  Of course, one of the contestants put down some Strangers Things reference or something. 

I didn't watch any of the other games, so I have no basis of comparison.

I didn’t realize you have it. And yes, it was a stupid thing to say.  Someone’s in the 5-7% and it is going to be you. 

In fact, @by_the_sea_wannabe, I’ve been called pompous and a know it all more times than I can recount on this board. It will give a lot of people great pleasure, including me, when you kick the hell out of Stage IV pancreatic cancer and throw it in my face for decades. Hell, I have famously refused to meet anyone on this board, give anyone my real name, or gamble.

You beat this thing and five years from now while you’re still cancer free I’m taking you to a Steelers game on my dime for you to laugh in my face. 

In print, on the board, cstu-style except I actually pay up. 

2024. You, me, and whatever horrifying concoction passes for food at your stadium. 

Deal?

Go kick the crap out of it. 

And, again, what I said about Trebek was stupid. I do that sometimes. 
https://www.stubhub.com/pittsburgh-steelers-tickets/performer/5742/

In fact, @by_the_sea_wannabe, I’ve been called pompous and a know it all more times than I can recount on this board. It will give a lot of people great pleasure, including me, when you kick the hell out of Stage IV pancreatic cancer and throw it in my face for decades. Hell, I have famously refused to meet anyone on this board, give anyone my real name, or gamble.

You beat this thing and five years from now while you’re still cancer free I’m taking you to a Steelers game on my dime for you to laugh in my face. 

In print, on the board, cstu-style except I actually pay up. 

2024. You, me, and whatever horrifying concoction passes for food at your stadium. 

Deal?

Go kick the crap out of it. 

And, again, what I said about Trebek was stupid. I do that sometimes. 
Early lead for btsw.

I am cancer free in the pancreas and it's almost gone from the liver. : boxing:

not going off chemo like trebek did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emma giving James a little run. Won’t be enough though I’m afraid 

Physics teacher didn’t know “gravity”

Last edited by a moderator:
BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
And he got one right out of all the questions in that category and totally whiffed on the gravity question 
Felt like he jinxed himself in interview, talking about how it would have been embarrassing to go back to school having gotten a physics question wrong.

James proving again that he is all time Jeopardy champ. He also seems much better on the buzzer than the other 2.

Emma is proving that several correct answers without any incorrect guesses works well, too.

James proving again that he is all time Jeopardy champ. He also seems much better on the buzzer than the other 2.

Emma is proving that several correct answers without any incorrect guesses works well, too.
I love James, but he lost to Emma in regular play and he lost to her on day 2 of the ToC. You could look at it as he lost to her 2 of 3 games they’ve played. Brad Rutter has never lost to a human. He is the all-time Jeopardy champ until James dethrones him.

James was rattled after botching the double jeopardy question.  Emma took advantage and went on a roll.  He finally gathered himself and finished fairly strong.  

Emma's all-in on her DJ question sealed the win for that one game.  Going all-in was her only chance to try and catch up as she was woefully behind in the tournament.  Not sure she would have made that move back when they were playing in the regular game.  But she played great yesterday. 

James is the best since Brad and Ken.  Would love to see a 2 day tourney with just those three.  

James was rattled after botching the double jeopardy question.  Emma took advantage and went on a roll.  He finally gathered himself and finished fairly strong.  

Emma's all-in on her DJ question sealed the win for that one game.  Going all-in was her only chance to try and catch up as she was woefully behind in the tournament.  Not sure she would have made that move back when they were playing in the regular game.  But she played great yesterday. 

James is the best since Brad and Ken.  Would love to see a 2 day tourney with just those three.  
Agreed on all points.

I also noticed that James' $9,8XX bet on the last Daily Double he missed allowed Emma to have a chance to win at the end. He should have bet minimal there and not used one of his silly bets.

Still a random draw.
I agree that the categories are random.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the one area I think is not a random draw is when they lineup the Semifinal rounds.

They always seem split up the 3 highest scorers and then have no repeats of opponents from the fist round.

I agree that the categories are random.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the one area I think is not a random draw is when they lineup the Semifinal rounds.

They always seem split up the 3 highest scorers and then have no repeats of opponents from the fist round.
That sounds right, based on previous years.

Odds Shark @OddsShark

Odds to win "JEOPARDY! The Greatest of All Time" (Bovada):

@James_Holzhauer  +110

@KenJennings  +115

@BradRutter  +280

Users who are viewing this thread