Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TobiasFunke

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh

1 hour ago, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

It is not. Simply a stupid thing to say. It isn't going to kill Alex or Me.

I didn’t realize you have it. And yes, it was a stupid thing to say.  Someone’s in the 5-7% and it is going to be you. 

In fact, @by_the_sea_wannabe, I’ve been called pompous and a know it all more times than I can recount on this board. It will give a lot of people great pleasure, including me, when you kick the hell out of Stage IV pancreatic cancer and throw it in my face for decades. Hell, I have famously refused to meet anyone on this board, give anyone my real name, or gamble.

You beat this thing and five years from now while you’re still cancer free I’m taking you to a Steelers game on my dime for you to laugh in my face. 

In print, on the board, cstu-style except I actually pay up. 

2024. You, me, and whatever horrifying concoction passes for food at your stadium. 

Deal?

Go kick the crap out of it. 

And, again, what I said about Trebek was stupid. I do that sometimes. 

Edited by Henry Ford
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

In fact, @by_the_sea_wannabe, I’ve been called pompous and a know it all more times than I can recount on this board. It will give a lot of people great pleasure, including me, when you kick the hell out of Stage IV pancreatic cancer and throw it in my face for decades. Hell, I have famously refused to meet anyone on this board, give anyone my real name, or gamble.

You beat this thing and five years from now while you’re still cancer free I’m taking you to a Steelers game on my dime for you to laugh in my face. 

In print, on the board, cstu-style except I actually pay up. 

2024. You, me, and whatever horrifying concoction passes for food at your stadium. 

Deal?

Go kick the crap out of it. 

And, again, what I said about Trebek was stupid. I do that sometimes. 

2024: HF has a date with a Primanti's Cap & Cheese and a side of Quaker Steak wings, washed down with a lukewarm IC Light.  :thumbup:

Compared to some of the other big winners, this Jason guy is flying under the radar. No flash, just steady cash. 

2 hours ago, apalmer said:

2024: HF has a date with a Primanti's Cap & Cheese and a side of Quaker Steak wings, washed down with a lukewarm IC Light.  :thumbup:

:mellow:

You could come to see the Saints instead. We can get a whole roast turkey leg with Jambalaya and a great Bloody Mary.

Surprised of no mention of Jason being defeated yesterday after missing the FJ question.

Yep, Jason had a really good run.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

Yep, Jason had a really good run.  

He was a good dude.  I was never rooting for him, but he entertained me and I look forward to seeing him in the Tournament of Champions.  

3 hours ago, Captain Cranks said:

This might be the worst game of Jeopardy I've ever seen. 

I've seen worse.  But it bothers me that Herman Wouk is still considered famous.  He hasn't been for a long time now.

I just hope he gets to do the Tournament of Champions this year.  I'm pretty sure he wants to see how Jeopardy James does.  They should be taping right about now.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Oh good lord. Come on.

What's the context?

(And that's what she said.)

1 minute ago, Don Quixote said:

What's the context?

(And that's what she said.)

Final Jeopardy, tonight, is a gimme easy one. The degree to which it is missed is epic.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Oh good lord. Come on.

Where are you that it airs an hour earlier?

6 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

Final Jeopardy, tonight, is a gimme easy one. The degree to which it is missed is epic.

Do you mean the American Playwrights one?  I had no idea what the heck that was.

27 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Do you mean the American Playwrights one?  I had no idea what the heck that was.

No, the Final category was "Chemical Symbol Wordplay" and the question was, basically, "what's a 5-letter word for a snack food with lots of melted cheese, and the first two letters are the chemical symbol for sodium?"

And the champ answered

NANCY?

and is not the returning champion any longer.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot said:

No, the Final category was "Chemical Symbol Wordplay" and the question was, basically, "what's a 5-letter word for a snack food with lots of melted cheese, and the first two letters are the chemical symbol for sodium?"

And the champ answered

Reveal hidden contents

NANCY?

I thought it was worded as, "the symbols for the 4 elements in sodium citrate, which can make cheese melt easier, spell this 5-letter food"

All sodium citrates consist of sodium (Na), carbon (C), hydrogen (H), and oxygen (O). Trisodium citrate (Na3C6H5O7) is often added as an emulsifier to cheese, which assists in melting the cheese as described in the clue.

Edited by Penguin

2 hours ago, Penguin said:

I thought it was worded as, "the symbols for the 4 elements in sodium citrate, which can make cheese melt easier, spell this 5-letter food"

All sodium citrates consist of sodium (Na), carbon (C), hydrogen (H), and oxygen (O). Trisodium citrate (Na3C6H5O7) is often added as an emulsifier to cheese, which assists in melting the cheese as described in the clue.

This is the correct FJ question.

The champ got it right just didn’t have enough to bet to win. The guy in the center answer Nancy and was clueless 

7 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

And the champ answered

Reveal hidden contents

NANCY?

He wasn't the returning champ.  He was in the middle.

1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

He wasn't the returning champ.  He was in the middle.

Sorry, right. He was in the lead though, I think? 

Just now, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Yep

OK, yeah, really dumb answer and cost him the win. 

My memory was pretty hazy trying to post after that MNF game lol

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Sorry, right. He was in the lead though, I think? 

Yeah it was his game to lose.  And he did.  He got the NA right but hard to believe he couldn't come up with Nacho given the clue being about melted cheese.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

This is the correct FJ question.

The champ got it right just didn’t have enough to bet to win. The guy in the center answer Nancy and was clueless 

Yep, that was a classic.  He obviously got the Na but couldn't figure out something to do with cheese from that?  Doofus.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Penguin said:

I answered this Na3C6H5O7

15 minutes ago, Walking Boot said:

Mmmm tonight I'm gonna go out to the bar and order up a big heaping plate of NANCY

Do let us know how that turns out.

11 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

Chips and Nancy, coming this fall to Fox!

Starring veteran police officers Eric Estrada & Nancy Kerrigan, patrolling the city night on their motorcycles.

• Laughing 1

10 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Because he got it wrong, he nacho champion.

He was no gouda

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, peaces said:

He was no gouda

I’m sure he Swiss’s he would have said “nacho”

• Thinking 1

6 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

The jokes are starting to get a little cheesy in here.

That's because the people making them are dips.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I guess someone had to win that train wreck.  Also, John Phillips Sousa had a major makeover sometime.  WTF?

Yeah, not the best trio ever. That final was pretty tough though — I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Leadville before tonight. 

Edited by Don Quixote

35 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

I guess someone had to win that train wreck.  Also, John Phillips Sousa had a major makeover sometime.  WTF?

lewis and clark

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

:lmao:  The guy on the right could barely contain his laughter when she said Sousa.  

• Laughing 1

15 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

She had an equally stupid response just before the break, guessing that the 7-letter stone countertop was Formica. 

I think we were spoiled by the recent era of multi day champs.  We are currently in the era of one day chumps.

Sometimes its really amazing these people have passed the test, interviews and several practice games.  Then they cant think nor bet properly.  I mean, what was the woman in 3rd doing with her bet last night?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

She had an equally stupid response just before the break, guessing that the 7-letter stone countertop was Formica. 

I was just going to post that.  Who thinks Formica (TM) is an igneous rock?

• Laughing 1