Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TobiasFunke

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Kim Darby II back.

LOL, I thought the same thing. But I wasn't sure anyone else even remembered Kim Darby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 6:02 PM, Mrs. Rannous said:

Why the heck did that woman make that stupid wager in Final?  Drives me crazy.

Alex even said that her only chance was to be a wild card. So she bets a minimal amount? :crazy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Don Quixote said:

Got dusty in here during FJ.

Had a chance to see that tonight. Didn't get dusty, but that was certainly a nice gesture on the part of the contestant during what must be a rough time for Mr. Trebek. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun to see James again.

And the woman... file her under the oddly attractive thread- something about her really turned my crank 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thurs-Friday should be good.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If (when) Francois wins tonight, Kim Darby will be back in the rattlesnake pit, going against James and Francois in the Final.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 11:03 PM, Henry Ford said:

In fact, @by_the_sea_wannabe, I’ve been called pompous and a know it all more times than I can recount on this board. It will give a lot of people great pleasure, including me, when you kick the hell out of Stage IV pancreatic cancer and throw it in my face for decades. Hell, I have famously refused to meet anyone on this board, give anyone my real name, or gamble.

You beat this thing and five years from now while you’re still cancer free I’m taking you to a Steelers game on my dime for you to laugh in my face. 

In print, on the board, cstu-style except I actually pay up. 

2024. You, me, and whatever horrifying concoction passes for food at your stadium. 

Deal?

Go kick the crap out of it. 

And, again, what I said about Trebek was stupid. I do that sometimes. 

Early lead for btsw.

I am cancer free in the pancreas and it's almost gone from the liver. : boxing:

not going off chemo like trebek did.

Edited by by_the_sea_wannabe
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, by_the_sea_wannabe said:

Early lead for btsw.

I am cancer free in the pancreas and it's almost gone from the liver. : boxing:

not going off chemo like trebek did.

### #### right.  Now you just have to hope the piece of beef they sewed into my heart lasts until 2024.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

And the dude in the middle didn't wager the right amount.  It's idiotic.

More like Tournament Of Chumps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now the 2 day final.

If you get ANY question right that those 3 superstars miss, you can feel pretty good about yourself. :D

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emma giving James a little run. Won’t be enough though I’m afraid 

Physics teacher didn’t know “gravity”

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Emma giving James a little run. Won’t be enough though I’m afraid 

Physics teacher didn’t know “gravity”

Yes, teach had a rough stretch there.  Hard to beat you know who. Emma still within striking distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Yes, teach had a rough stretch there.  Hard to beat you know who. Emma still within striking distance.

Is she? She’s down 23k. Would take a monumental collapse from James and a humongous score from her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capella said:

Is she? She’s down 23k. Would take a monumental collapse from James and a humongous score from her. 

Its a longshot for sure. But the other guy is pretty much dead in the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Its a longshot for sure. But the other guy is pretty much dead in the water.

Oh yea. He may as well just stand there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capella said:

Oh yea. He may as well just stand there. 

What's amazing is that they set him up with a physics category after giving him a physics FJ his previous show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

What's amazing is that they set him up with a physics category after giving him a physics FJ his previous show.

And he got one right out of all the questions in that category and totally whiffed on the gravity question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

And he got one right out of all the questions in that category and totally whiffed on the gravity question 

That had to be a sinking feeling.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

And he got one right out of all the questions in that category and totally whiffed on the gravity question 

Felt like he jinxed himself in interview, talking about how it would have been embarrassing to go back to school having gotten a physics question wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

That had to be a sinking feeling.

The weight of it all was just too much to bear.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James proving again that he is all time Jeopardy champ. He also seems much better on the buzzer than the other 2.

Emma is proving that several correct answers without any incorrect guesses works well, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr. Mojo said:

James proving again that he is all time Jeopardy champ. He also seems much better on the buzzer than the other 2.

Emma is proving that several correct answers without any incorrect guesses works well, too.

I love James, but he lost to Emma in regular play and he lost to her on day 2 of the ToC. You could look at it as he lost to her 2 of 3 games they’ve played. Brad Rutter has never lost to a human. He is the all-time Jeopardy champ until James dethrones him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 7:10 PM, Leroy Hoard said:

What's amazing is that they set him up with a physics category after giving him a physics FJ his previous show.

Still a random draw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James was rattled after botching the double jeopardy question.  Emma took advantage and went on a roll.  He finally gathered himself and finished fairly strong.  

Emma's all-in on her DJ question sealed the win for that one game.  Going all-in was her only chance to try and catch up as she was woefully behind in the tournament.  Not sure she would have made that move back when they were playing in the regular game.  But she played great yesterday. 

James is the best since Brad and Ken.  Would love to see a 2 day tourney with just those three.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jayrok said:

James was rattled after botching the double jeopardy question.  Emma took advantage and went on a roll.  He finally gathered himself and finished fairly strong.  

Emma's all-in on her DJ question sealed the win for that one game.  Going all-in was her only chance to try and catch up as she was woefully behind in the tournament.  Not sure she would have made that move back when they were playing in the regular game.  But she played great yesterday. 

James is the best since Brad and Ken.  Would love to see a 2 day tourney with just those three.  

Agreed on all points.

I also noticed that James' $9,8XX bet on the last Daily Double he missed allowed Emma to have a chance to win at the end. He should have bet minimal there and not used one of his silly bets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 5:09 AM, Mrs. Rannous said:

Still a random draw.

I agree that the categories are random.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the one area I think is not a random draw is when they lineup the Semifinal rounds.

They always seem split up the 3 highest scorers and then have no repeats of opponents from the fist round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr. Mojo said:

I agree that the categories are random.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the one area I think is not a random draw is when they lineup the Semifinal rounds.

They always seem split up the 3 highest scorers and then have no repeats of opponents from the fist round.

That sounds right, based on previous years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes, that is great!  Can't wait.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cant wait!!!!

What are odds?  James has to be favored as hes in the thick of it and in his "prime" if you will right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Who is Tanner?

A chameleon

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odds Shark @OddsShark

Odds to win "JEOPARDY! The Greatest of All Time" (Bovada):

@James_Holzhauer  +110

@KenJennings  +115

@BradRutter  +280

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James Holzhauer @James_Holzhauer

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at @KenJennings and you can see that statement is not true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Who is Tanner?

You new here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Penguin said:

Odds Shark @OddsShark

Odds to win "JEOPARDY! The Greatest of All Time" (Bovada):

@James_Holzhauer  +110

@KenJennings  +115

@BradRutter  +280

Hmm, at those odds I think I’d need to take the player who has never lost to a human. Such disrespect for Brad. He’s owned Ken like four times.

Edited by Shrugs
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jplvr said:
12 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Who is Tanner?

You new here?

Nope.  Still no idea what this refers to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Nope.  Still no idea what this refers to.

There's a long time member here who was on Jeopardy. If you've been here long enough, he's probably been snarky with you at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shrugs said:

Hmm, at those odds I think I’d need to take the player who has never lost to a human. Such disrespect for Brad. He’s owned Ken like four times.

Definitely looks like the value bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NJ hippie woman at 3 in a row.  Bold move going with the flapper hairdo.  A jeopardy 8?

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.