What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (4 Viewers)

So what is James doing when Alex is introducing the categories for each round? It looks like he's looking down and checking his phone or something below and to the right of the podium?
There's a monitor to the side so the players can see how much money people have and read the catergories and see videos better.  I expect that's what he's looking at.

I'm just glad the nimrod with the comb-forward lost on the regular show.  Oy.

Bead being there and getting the double jeopardy on his first ####ing guess every single time is super annoying and going to cost James these games. 

So this has 1 or 2 episodes left with Ken up 2-1 on James. Brad looks like he doesn't have a shot at winning a match let alone a game.

James was rolling in DJ until he slipped up on the DD with a 5,000 pt lead.  He sort of lost focus after that.  He went from being up 10.000 to 0 to 0... to 0 to 0 to 0.  He's lost focus in the past but was able to recoup and fend off opponents.  Ken is not an ordinary opponent.  

Ken often looks like he's guessing but, dang, he always guesses right.   

I knew all of the cybersecurity questions and was surprised that none of them buzzed in on two of the questions.  Key logging and BYOD. 

My wife looked at me and said, huh, you knew two answers that none of the 3 best Jeopardy players of all time even bothered to buzz in on.  So I got that goin' for me... which is nice.   :bowtie:

I can't stop thinking James just lived and died on daily doubles.  A) Brad seems to find them all early (and miss the question on them) and that limits James' ability to vault his score and B) Brad and Ken bet true daily doubles where James' prior opponents weren't confident enough to do.  Ken has truly distanced himself from the other 2 in this tourney.

James can get on a roll and run the category at any time.  It isn't just the DDs.  He just seems to get distracted when he misses a question.  Ken is more focused and he is owning it right now.  He's using James' strategy of maximizing DDs.  He never did that during his run.  Didn't have to.  Now he knows he has to and he's been successful at it in this show.  James needs to sustain focus.  Plus Ken is ramping up his wagers on FJ.  Again, he knows he has to with James beside him.  

I can't stop thinking James just lived and died on daily doubles.  A) Brad seems to find them all early (and miss the question on them) and that limits James' ability to vault his score and B) Brad and Ken bet true daily doubles where James' prior opponents weren't confident enough to do.  Ken has truly distanced himself from the other 2 in this tourney.
Not really. He used the DDs to put games out of reach, but his biggest strength during his run was that he rarely rang in with a wrong answer. 
In response to "B", James changed the way the game is played today. Ken and Brad did not regularly do that during their runs as champions. 

I think Ken is showing that he is the best all-around player.  James is a wild card that takes every high stakes chance he can get.  Usually to beat him you have to get the DDs in the double J round.  If for nothing else but to prevent James from getting them.  But James can certainly win any given game.  If his strategy of play falls into place for him, he wins.  But in two of the 3 matches, his strategy has failed him and Ken has been rock solid.  

James is a homerun guy that swings for the fences.  Ken is the rock solid, no mistakes guy that is rising to the challenge of the homerun hitter.  He is beating James at his own game up to this point.  And you know it is nerve-racking for Ken.  If James wins, it won't be because Ken gave it to him.  

Ramblin Wreck said:
Ha.  I think I bragged to my wife for 5 minutes that I got the one clue James missed.
I got the tough Oscar Final right, but my joy was tampered by the fact that 2 of them didn't even try.

I seriously can't believe Brad's performance on the Daily Doubles.  He's had at least 5 where he risked it all and missed, right?  Maybe more?  And 4 of them first thing in the 2nd round?

Did anyone else catch the "You're welcome" that Brad threw to Ken when he found the last DD in the second half of yesterday's match?  I'm sure Ken is perfectly fine with Brad wasting the DD's, as long as they combine to keep them away from James, that's a win in Ken's book.  That entire third game hinged on James missing the garnet question.  He's something like 95% success on DD's and getting that one would have put him at a $10,000 lead with both opponents at 0, just a crushing start to that game.  He's almost always hitting home runs on those, but that just happened to be a strikeout.  James ended up third in that game, which is the first time ever for him.

All the respect in the world to Brad for his accomplishments, but he's not currently in the same league as Ken or James.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember the actual question James missed on the DD?  Thought the category was gemstones.  He answered diamond which was wrong.  I can't remember the question.

Anyone remember the actual question James missed on the DD?  Thought the category was gemstones.  He answered diamond which was wrong.  I can't remember the question.
I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "this gemstone is used as an abrasive, and the color is one of the official ones for Florida State".   He guessed "diamond", correct answer was "garnet" 

I'm guessing James didn't recognize it as Florida State University, and thought it meant "the state of florida"....but even still, in what world is diamond a color? 

Last edited by a moderator:
How the heck did he beat Ken (once or twice?) in tournaments?
idk.  My guess is that Ken played his normal style, as did Brad, and they weren't as amped up as they are playing with James.  Ken may have not bet a lot on DDs or something, thus keeping Brad in the game.  With James and his style, they have no choice but to go for big wagers.  Ken has risen to the challenge while Brad is floundering.  

I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "this gemstone is used as an abrasive, and the color is one of the official ones for Florida State".   He guessed "diamond", correct answer was "garnet" 

I'm guessing James didn't recognize it as Florida State University, and thought it meant "the state of florida"....but even still, in what world is diamond a color? 
Thanks.  I think I misunderstood the question to be about FSU as well.  I know their colors but wasn't thinking that in terms of a gemstone.  I think with diamond, James was thrown off by the "abrasive" part.  Not sure.  Bet he kicked himself afterward.

It is funny (to me at least) that one of the DD that Brad has gotten wrong was to know the ending of the Willy Wonka quote "You lose, you get nothing, ___ ___ ___"

Users who are viewing this thread