What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR Cordarrelle Patterson, PIT (7 Viewers)

A lot of people like him. Most that I know have him as the top WR in the draft. Mayock does.I actually think he's kinda underrated though. He's not a top guy like Julio, but I don't think too far behind. Dudes gonna be a stud as long as he goes to the right team.

I like him. Breaks tackles, has speed, and catches the ball with his hands.

He RAC ability is fantastic, and he might be the best WR in this class, but he will likely need to improve on the underlined area to be truly elite, because right now he is much more of a body-catcher.

My UofTenn fan buddy thinks the only concern with him is that he is kinda dumb and he worries if he will pick up complicated offenses.

although he shows good hands on some plays he definitely catches with his body too much.also one of the weirdest runners I've seen.... obviously has tremendous running ability and "wiggle" but seems stiff and very up right while doing so...just odd.very weak classic WR group he is a top of , but class does have some guys who can make plays.

My UofTenn fan buddy thinks the only concern with him is that he is kinda dumb and he worries if he will pick up complicated offenses.
Recent history dictates this is a small concern. Dez, AJG, and Julio got 16, 10, and 15 on the Wonderlic. I guess lack of experience + lack of smarts might be a worse combo. Dez, AJ, and Julio all got a lot of work in college, whereas Cordarrelle went JUCO then 1 yr at TENN.

Recent history dictates this is a small concern. Dez, AJG, and Julio got 16, 10, and 15 on the Wonderlic.
I'd say it did hampered Dez's early value and could have hampered it more, if Romo wasn't asked kindly to get him the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs to improve the route running and hands/catching, but he is a freak in the open field. Obviously he lined up in the backfield at times at Tennessee, but I think it looks like he runs and has the vision of a RB. He looks like Percy Harvin but with prototypical WR size (6'3, 205#) to me. Ive seen him mocked in the top 10 to not even in the 1st round so hard to say where he's going to go this far before the draft. The combine is going to be big for him, one way or another. If he goes to a team with a good QB, I think he'll put up fantasy viable numbers as a rookie, and redraft wise should be relatively cheap compared to the recent years Blackmon, Green, Julio, Dez because he wasnt a big name in college (and likely wont go Top 10 in the draft).

a Demaryius Thomas
Not yoked like that. More slender and springy. Somewhere in the middle between Randy Moss and Julio Jones. Not saying he will be as good as those guys, for the record.Just don't think he has anything in common with Thomas. I've seen the comparison a few times now. Think they're totally different styles, personally.

No chance, and I was admittedly higher on Austin at his prime than I should have been. Healthy hammy or not he cannot hold DT's jock.
In 2009 Miles Austin put up 81/1,320/11 in roughly 12 games. What have you done for me lately, much?The following year he was on pace to repeat before Romo go hurt; he started the season like a mad man, causing many to put in in the top 5 dynasty WRs - guys like SSOG, Bloom and F&L; guys whose opinions I value. Then, Romo got hurt, then Austin got hurt and hasn't been the same.

It sounds odd considering his size, but hes more of a cobb/harvin than julio/dez imo. Great speed, versatile, makes plays in space. I dont see much tape of him leaping and extending to make catches, high pointing jump balls, etc. Not to say he could never develop those skills, just to say his looks are deceiving.

It sounds odd considering his size, but hes more of a cobb/harvin than julio/dez imo. Great speed, versatile, makes plays in space. I dont see much tape of him leaping and extending to make catches, high pointing jump balls, etc. Not to say he could never develop those skills, just to say his looks are deceiving.
I think some combo of Harvin/Austin is the best comparison I can make, but even that has major flaws.I will say this, in his defense; looking a the highlights, the ball is being placed on his stomach a lot. A lot of that is the routes he is being asked to run. I'd surely like to see more of him having to extend and catch with his hands, but from what I have seen, there just isn't much of it.

No chance, and I was admittedly higher on Austin at his prime than I should have been. Healthy hammy or not he cannot hold DT's jock.
In 2009 Miles Austin put up 81/1,320/11 in roughly 12 games. What have you done for me lately, much?The following year he was on pace to repeat before Romo go hurt; he started the season like a mad man, causing many to put in in the top 5 dynasty WRs - guys like SSOG, Bloom and F&L; guys whose opinions I value. Then, Romo got hurt, then Austin got hurt and hasn't been the same.
That year was magical no doubt. It even had some in the shark pool wondering if he was the #1 dynasty WR at the time. I tried trading Andre for him straight up at the time, luckily the other guy rejected. But yeah, peops were sky high on him for a minute there. There wasn't that many good options at that time, Calvin was still struggling with consistency and everyone else was getting on in years.

I think some combo of Harvin/Austin is the best comparison I can make, but even that has major flaws.I will say this, in his defense; looking a the highlights, the ball is being placed on his stomach a lot. A lot of that is the routes he is being asked to run. I'd surely like to see more of him having to extend and catch with his hands, but from what I have seen, there just isn't much of it.
The link in the OP is really the most extensive look Ive had of him, but that was my takeaway as well. Did he have a greater amount of drops per target than you typically see WRs that go in 1st-2nd round of the draft have? Unless a Vols fan who saw all/most of their games can chime in, I doubt you can actually track that stat down for a college player. Unless he was having a lot of drops, Im not even sure his hands should be a question at this point.Im very impressed overall, though considering how raw he is compared to the WRs you typically see go in the 1st round Im a bit surprised how high some are mocking him. He looks like a 2nd round type of WR to me but you cant deny the explosiveness.

I've been sold on him as my 1.1 pick for some time, just hoping he doesn't go to the Bills.
Why not the Bills? Considering they have Stevie and plenty of other holes, Im actually surprised they would be interested in a WR that early but Ive seen Patterson mocked to the Bills a few times. Now Patterson probably wouldnt get as many reverses or gimmick plays there as he would elsewhere because of how good their running game is, but I think Fitz is a good enough QB to get him the targets. Not to mention they have a gaping hole at WR2 unlike most teams which should benefit him.The Rams, Jets, and Dolphins all seem like worse landing spots to me.ETA: Interested in a WR in the 1st round that early

The link in the OP is really the most extensive look Ive had of him, but that was my takeaway as well. Did he have a greater amount of drops per target than you typically see WRs that go in 1st-2nd round of the draft have? Unless a Vols fan who saw all/most of their games can chime in, I doubt you can actually track that stat down for a college player. Unless he was having a lot of drops, Im not even sure his hands should be a question at this point.Im very impressed overall, though considering how raw he is compared to the WRs you typically see go in the 1st round Im a bit surprised how high some are mocking him. He looks like a 2nd round type of WR to me but you cant deny the explosiveness.
What I get from watching him is a 6-3 Harvin rather than someone like DT.

Most of his catches seems to be slants, crosses and outs that allowed him to make YAC. I didn't see much use of him on deeper routes.

6'3 Harvin sounds like a much better version of Thomas, IMHO.

NFL.com Cordarrelle Patterson Draft Profile

Grade: 90.6

Overview

The road to Tennessee was not very glamorous for Cordarrelle Patterson (pronounced "CORE-dare-uhl"). After a solid 2008 high school season that put him on college teams' radars, Patterson did not play football in 2009 while at North Carolina Tech. In 2010, Patterson enrolled at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas, where he broke numerous school records and became the top ranked JUCO product in the nation. After choosing Tennessee, Patterson was expected to line up as the school's third receiver, but after fellow junior Da'Rick Rogers was dismissed from the team, the South Carolina native burst onto the scene immediately by beating NC State cornerback David Amerson multiple times during the 2012 season opener. From there, Patterson continued to make play after play, becoming the first NCAA player in four years to score a touchdown four different ways.

During his only season at the FBS level, Patterson accumulated a wide variety of statistics while starting all 12 games. As a receiver, the junior caught 46 passes for 778 yards and five touchdowns. As the season went along, The Vols started to use Patterson more and more from the running back position, and he tallied 208 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 25 carries. The junior returned four punts for 101 yards and a touchdown. However, Patterson did most of his damage as a kick returner, compiling 671 yards and another touchdown on 24 attempts. He set an SEC single-season record with a combined kickoff and punt return average of 27.6 yards, and a school record of 1,858 all-purpose yards.

Analysis

Strengths Easily separates on vertical routes when given a free release. Very few wasted steps on cuts. Very smooth in his breaks. Finds soft areas in zone coverage between corners and safeties. Looks to turn upfield immediately after the catch. Very good with slants, quick head fake out allows for inside release, strong step forward, body catches to prevent pass breakup while shielding corner. Flashes swiping inside arm bar away on back shoulder throws to allow for free turn. Frequently hauls in the difficult catches, especially when the defensive back is draped on him. Not afraid to hand fight all the way along the sideline on vertical routes to create a sliver of separation. Understands hot read recognition when the corner blitzes. Builds speed quickly after the catch, almost gliding when in stride. Good vision with the ball in his hands, cuts upfield when he sees a lane. Used occasionally at running back, has the speed and wiggle to beat defenders to the edge while utilizing hesitations moves. Very nimble on his feet, especially for size. Makes plays out of nothing when carrying the ball. Numerous natural qualities to his game.

Weaknesses Consistently a body catcher, even when it is not necessary. Was not frequently asked to go up and get the football at its highest point. Large number of his snaps start while off the line of scrimmage, allows for a better release. Doesn't use his hands enough against a jam, tries to dip or side step rather than slap or push. Tends to throttle down in his breaks.Burst after the catch or return is only adequate but does accelerate quickly. Tries to do too much when the ball is in his hands at times. Dropped a few very catchable balls, including easy bucket throw over shoulder. Inconsistent blocking effort.

NFL Comparison Demaryius Thomas

Bottom Line He may be considered raw with his ability to handle physical coverage, but Patterson is one of the more naturally talented pass catchers to come along in the last few years. He only has one year of tape against FBS level of competition, but from the first game Patterson showed his versatility by making plays from a variety of alignments. If the Vol can start using his hands to release off the line and tighten up some technique issues, he should be one of this class' top playmakers. He should be a first-round selection and could be the first receiver off the board.

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

Overview

Patterson came to the Volunteers in 2012 as one of the top junior college prospects in the nation after setting 13 program records during his time at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas.

He proceeded to put together a first-team All-SEC coaches selection resume in 2012 after becoming the first NCAA player since 2008 to record a touchdown four different ways in the same since.

Patterson set an SEC single-season record with a combined kickoff and punt return average of 27.6 yards, and set a Tennessee record with 1,858 all-purpose yards.

While Patterson is a bit of a raw athlete who needs to refine his route-running, he is a versatile playmaker who will bring big-time return skills to the NFL.

Patterson is a solid second-round prospect with the high ceiling to rise during the pre-draft process if he can turn in excellent workouts.

Analysis

STRENGTHS: Patterson has a solidly-built frame with good height and length. He is a fluid athlete with good initial burst and strength to release to the inside and gain separation in single coverage. Patterson knows how to create with excellent vision, controlled footwork and speed, showing excellent change of direction and a strong plant foot to make elusive, sharp cuts.

He has a natural feel with the ball in his hands, making defenders miss with quickness to weave through defenses. Patterson is tough, confident ballcarrier and runs with the belief that no one can tackle him, powering through arm tackles and allowing defenders to slide off of him.

He has very good strength for the position to use his body, box out defenders and make contested grabs, out-muscling defensive backs. Patterson has quick hands and natural adjustment skills to make impressive catches on off-target throws. His coaches rave about his football intelligence and his competitive nature, playing focused and fiery.

Patterson has been extremely productive at both the JUCO level and Tennessee, setting over a dozen school records at Hutchinson C.C. including career receptions (113), career receiving yards (1,832) and career total touchdowns (36). He was also productive in track at the JUCO level with a 10.33 100-meter dash and 22' long jump.

Patterson finished second on the team in receiving in 2012 and set a new Tennessee record for all-purpose yards (1,858), leading the team with 10 touchdowns (5 receiving, 3 rushing, 1 punt return and 1 kick return).

WEAKNESSES: Patterson is still developing as a route-runner and will tip his patterns at times. He is a natural hands-catcher, but will have some concentration lapses and drop some easy ones, running before securing the reception.

Patterson needs to scale back his physicality downfield, often extending his arms downfield against tight coverage and getting away with some push-offs. He has a bad habit of stopping his feet when running room isn't there, always searching for the home run instead of taking what's there.

Patterson has made some mistakes on punt returns, allowing the ball to go over his head or catching the punt too close to the goal line. He has just one year of experience at the FBS-level, albeit a productive one season.

COMPARES TO: Mix of Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs and Nate Burleson, Detroit Lions - Patterson has a similar frame and physical downfield nature as Bowe with the speed and quickness of Burleson to contribute as a return man.

--Dane Brugler

My favorite WR in the draft. Could be related to the fact that I went to Hutchinson Community College with him for a year and got to see his dominance first hand...but whoa...dude can PLAY.

I've been sold on him as my 1.1 pick for some time, just hoping he doesn't go to the Bills.
Why not the Bills? Considering they have Stevie and plenty of other holes, Im actually surprised they would be interested in a WR that early but Ive seen Patterson mocked to the Bills a few times. Now Patterson probably wouldnt get as many reverses or gimmick plays there as he would elsewhere because of how good their running game is, but I think Fitz is a good enough QB to get him the targets. Not to mention they have a gaping hole at WR2 unlike most teams which should benefit him.The Rams, Jets, and Dolphins all seem like worse landing spots to me.

ETA: Interested in a WR in the 1st round that early
Maybe the Jets would be worse (although I expect them to upgrade at QB) - but I think St. Louis for sure and probably Miami are much better landing spots than Buffalo. Ryan Fitzpatrick is terrible and it looks like they are going with him for another season at least.

Percy is a bad comp imho, doesn't run nearly as powerfully as Harvin... Not many do. It's what makes Percy special.

I briefly touched on this in another thread, but I'll go ahead and bring it up here. It's something to consider with a guy like Patterson and other similar players. While I could be wrong, I don't think most people think this way because it seems to go against what common sense would be, but here goes:If there are 2 players (i.e. 2 WRs) that are drafted in the same spot in the NFL draft, which of these guys would you take?WR A -- Played for a big name program, tons of production, started every year, well-known by mostWR B -- Played for a Div II school, limited production, was not on the national spotlight.For this hypothetical, the teams drafting them have a decent reputation for drafts and scouting (i.e., I'm not talking about an Al Davis 1st round reach for speed). Also, we're assuming a relatively high draft spot (at least 4th round, but this applies more the higher you go I think)Most would say give me the big name player, I'd suspect, but I'm taking the lesser known guy. Why? Because if a guy has not been that visible and STILL is being drafted as high as a very well-known prospect that has had his game examined, there's got to be something there that is bumping him up. You'd think, all else being equal, the more visible guy would go higher. So SOMETHING had to bump up the little known small school prospect to be equal in draft position.This is the deal with Patterson. If so many scouts and teams are saying this guy may carry a 1st round grade DESPITE his relative lack of production at the WR position in Div I NCAA football, then that has me much more excited than a player they know well. What that tells me is that there is something pretty special about what they're seeing to justify being that high on him without him showing much on the field. And we're not talking about a combine workout warrior like Stephen Hill that everyone had to go back and watch as a result of his freaky numbers. We're talking about a guy that with just a little time on the national stage has impressed enough people to warrant a 1st round pick according to more than one team and scout. If he ends up going in the first round, his lack of production at Tenn compared to some of the other WRs is actually a POSITIVE, IMO, because it means there's not much they need to see to know how good he could be.

Weaknesses Consistently a body catcher, even when it is not necessary. Was not frequently asked to go up and get the football at its highest point. Large number of his snaps start while off the line of scrimmage, allows for a better release. Doesn't use his hands enough against a jam, tries to dip or side step rather than slap or push. Tends to throttle down in his breaks.Burst after the catch or return is only adequate but does accelerate quickly. Tries to do too much when the ball is in his hands at times. Dropped a few very catchable balls, including easy bucket throw over shoulder. Inconsistent blocking effort.
WEAKNESSES: Patterson is still developing as a route-runner and will tip his patterns at times. He is a natural hands-catcher, but will have some concentration lapses and drop some easy ones, running before securing the reception.

Patterson needs to scale back his physicality downfield, often extending his arms downfield against tight coverage and getting away with some push-offs. He has a bad habit of stopping his feet when running room isn't there, always searching for the home run instead of taking what's there.
I think its funny how the first scouting report contradicts itself in the first sentence of his weaknesses. So he's consistently a body catcher, but he also isnt fequently asked to catch the ball at its highest point. Hmmm...Then the 2nd report says that using his hands naturally to catch is a weakness :loco:

Why not the Bills? Considering they have Stevie and plenty of other holes, Im actually surprised they would be interested in a WR that early but Ive seen Patterson mocked to the Bills a few times. Now Patterson probably wouldnt get as many reverses or gimmick plays there as he would elsewhere because of how good their running game is, but I think Fitz is a good enough QB to get him the targets. Not to mention they have a gaping hole at WR2 unlike most teams which should benefit him.The Rams, Jets, and Dolphins all seem like worse landing spots to me.

Maybe the Jets would be worse (although I expect them to upgrade at QB) - but I think St. Louis for sure and probably Miami are much better landing spots than Buffalo. Ryan Fitzpatrick is terrible and it looks like they are going with him for another season at least.
Unless STL turns Patterson into a Amendola slant and hook clone, I dont like him going there. I have a lack of confidence in Bradford more than anything. I honestly saw very little of Tannehill, so I could be wrong there, but I think Patterson's best chance to excel is with a vet QB. I dont think Fitzpatrick is better than average, but I think he's good enough for Patterson to succeed. Bradford, Tannehill, or Sanchez Im not so sure of.

I think its funny how the first scouting report contradicts itself in the first sentence of his weaknesses. So he's consistently a body catcher, but he also isnt fequently asked to catch the ball at its highest point. Hmmm...
That's not really a contradiction, I just think the terms they use might be confusing you:body catcher -- for example, the ball is thrown at his numbers, and instead of reaching out and catching it with his hands, the receiver catches/traps it against his body. This issue can lead to inconsistency in catching balls and drops, especially in close coverage. For an example of someone that does it right, remember back to watching the Superbowl with Boldin using his hands and holding onto the ball despite the defender having his hands all over him.

the statement about 'catching the ball at its highest point' basically means he isn't asked to win many 'jump ball' scenarios. The weakness there is being unsure whether he would be successful at this.

Then the 2nd report says that using his hands naturally to catch is a weakness :loco:
IMHO, take all CBS scouting reports with a grain of salt.

I think its funny how the first scouting report contradicts itself in the first sentence of his weaknesses. So he's consistently a body catcher, but he also isnt fequently asked to catch the ball at its highest point. Hmmm...
That's not really a contradiction, I just think the terms they use might be confusing you:body catcher -- for example, the ball is thrown at his numbers, and instead of reaching out and catching it with his hands, the receiver catches/traps it against his body. This issue can lead to inconsistency in catching balls and drops, especially in close coverage. For an example of someone that does it right, remember back to watching the Superbowl with Boldin using his hands and holding onto the ball despite the defender having his hands all over him.

the statement about 'catching the ball at its highest point' basically means he isn't asked to win many 'jump ball' scenarios. The weakness there is being unsure whether he would be successful at this.
I understand the statements dont totally contradict each other, but I find it odd to connect both statements right next to each other. The latter isnt even a known weakness, but more of a possible weakness as they even reveal, yet its the 2nd sentence of his weaknesses.

Unless STL turns Patterson into a Amendola slant and hook clone, I dont like him going there. I have a lack of confidence in Bradford more than anything. I honestly saw very little of Tannehill, so I could be wrong there, but I think Patterson's best chance to excel is with a vet QB. I dont think Fitzpatrick is better than average, but I think he's good enough for Patterson to succeed. Bradford, Tannehill, or Sanchez Im not so sure of.
You really think Fitzpatrick is that locked in at BUF? I don't see it. Maybe they starting him this year to give a rookie a chance to adjust, but he's old regime. Hard to change the WR's value too much based on one year. Maybe based on the fact that BUF has been terrible since the 90s and can't attract good coaches, but not based on the current QB.Danario had some good games in STL when he was healthy. I don't love Bradford, but I think outside of those games with Danario we don't know what he's like with NFL quality wideouts. I see that as a pretty good landing spot. Although they already have a Cordarrelle Patterson they're waiting on to learn how to play WR; I think STL will go with a vet or someone more polished.Really I think STL and MIA want someone more polished/ready and will look at vets. I've seen mocks putting him in STL too, I just don't believe it. I think PIT is a great landing spot and strong possibility. They need playmakers on offense. They pick mid 1st this year so he could easily still be there.

As a rookie, Tannehill made Brian Hartline a 1000 yard receiver, and Bess wasn't far off that pace prior to his injury. HTH.

You really think Fitzpatrick is that locked in at BUF? I don't see it. Maybe they starting him this year to give a rookie a chance to adjust, but he's old regime. Hard to change the WR's value too much based on one year. Maybe based on the fact that BUF has been terrible since the 90s and can't attract good coaches, but not based on the current QB.Danario had some good games in STL when he was healthy. I don't love Bradford, but I think outside of those games with Danario we don't know what he's like with NFL quality wideouts. I see that as a pretty good landing spot. Although they already have a Cordarrelle Patterson they're waiting on to learn how to play WR; I think STL will go with a vet or someone more polished.Really I think STL and MIA want someone more polished/ready and will look at vets. I've seen mocks putting him in STL too, I just don't believe it. I think PIT is a great landing spot and strong possibility. They need playmakers on offense. They pick mid 1st this year so he could easily still be there.
I guess my thinking with him going to BUF is a best case, of the worst teams, scenario. I can totally see him starting there week 1, Stevie draws all the coverage/attention from defenses, plus Spiller, and Patterson is hard to account for. At the same time, I think Patterson is probably going to be drafted in the latter third of the first round. There's good to great QBs on almost all of those teams, and I think thats ideal for him. That said, for most of those teams he wont be more than a WR3 (at least short term), so fantasy wise maybe not ideal. If he goes in the first half of the 1st round, its all these ugly options discussed here. As a PIT homer, Id love to have this guy, but they have so many holes and based on this draft class, Im really hoping they go defense in the 1st round. If they take Patterson, I'll be excited, but I was also excited with the Limas Sweed pick a few years back. Throw in their ability to find WR talent in the middle rounds (Wallace, Brown, Sanders), and I'd rather they go a different route than Patterson. Fantasy-wise, if he ends up in PIT its almost a best case scenario for him though.

As a rookie, Tannehill made Brian Hartline a 1000 yard receiver, and Bess wasn't far off that pace prior to his injury. HTH.
That 253 yard game probably helped, right? I guess every team probably doesnt have a 1000 yd WR, but almost all do by default. Hartline is/was that guy in MIA. Maybe Tannehill is the real deal, and also maybe he progresses into a very good QB, but if Patterson goes to Miami he'll be the center of attention for defenses and I dont think that works best with his chances of success in the NFL.

Maybe Tannehill is the real deal, and also maybe he progresses into a very good QB, but if Patterson goes to Miami he'll be the center of attention for defenses and I dont think that works best with his chances of success in the NFL.
Completely in agreement, but my thought is that MIA signs/trades for a WR (cough, Jennings) to be the featured wideout.

That 253 yard game probably helped, right? I guess every team probably doesnt have a 1000 yd WR, but almost all do by default. Hartline is/was that guy in MIA. Maybe Tannehill is the real deal, and also maybe he progresses into a very good QB, but if Patterson goes to Miami he'll be the center of attention for defenses and I dont think that works best with his chances of success in the NFL.
Well, Tannehill was the QB for the 253 yard game. Only 20 WRs got 1000 yards these year, and 4 of them were team mates, so it appears that only half of all NFL teams had a 1,000 WR last year.If you are concerned about defenses keying on him -- I also think its a safe bet that MIA gets one of the top 3 FA WRs this offseason.

Maybe Tannehill is the real deal, and also maybe he progresses into a very good QB, but if Patterson goes to Miami he'll be the center of attention for defenses and I dont think that works best with his chances of success in the NFL.
Completely in agreement, but my thought is that MIA signs/trades for a WR (cough, Jennings) to be the featured wideout.
The rumor is that Miami is highly interested in Mike Wallace.

The defenses keying on a player has to be one of the bigger fallacies in football. If the WR has the goods, it doesn't matter. Teams have been keying on Calvin, Marshall, Welker etc. for years. Bottom line is I want the guy that's getting a high volume of targets, even if the defense knows it.

The defenses keying on a player has to be one of the bigger fallacies in football. If the WR has the goods, it doesn't matter. Teams have been keying on Calvin, Marshall, Welker etc. for years. Bottom line is I want the guy that's getting a high volume of targets, even if the defense knows it.
I agree, except a defense focusing on a raw rookie compared to the best WRs in the NFL is not equivalent.

where would he be ranked in last yrs class, ahead of Blackmon?
Not a chance at being ahead of Blackmon, and likely behind Floyd as well. I think he'd fit in between Floyd and Wright.
Probably around there, I agree. I personally prefer him as prospect to Floyd as prospect.
I think he would be neck and neck with Blackmon and ahead of Floyd for sure. It would probably depend on which team was drafting in the position of taking the 1st WR, as I'd see many teams having Blackmon as the top Wzr and many having Patterson.

Users who are viewing this thread