What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB/WR Cordarrelle Patterson, PIT (1 Viewer)

Patterson was the 10th ranked WR in standard scoring last year weeks 10-17. That's a very good sample size and he wasn't even being used to his full potential weeks 10-13. If Minn uses him like they should I don't see how he ends up lower than top 10 with top 5 upside. I'm all in on Patterson and believe his 4th round price rag is worth the risk. Weeks 14-17 he was the #1 ranked WR! With Gerhart gone I see additional rushing opportunities too.
I like Patterson too, but talking top 5 is pretty crazy. Most of his points were on long breakaway TD's. Those aren't sustainable. Will he have multiple per year, sure, but he's not going to have 1/game. If he's going to be top 5 then he needs to be more than just a gadget player. He needs to be a traditional route runner as well.

Patterson was the 10th ranked WR in standard scoring last year weeks 10-17. That's a very good sample size and he wasn't even being used to his full potential weeks 10-13. If Minn uses him like they should I don't see how he ends up lower than top 10 with top 5 upside. I'm all in on Patterson and believe his 4th round price tag is worth the risk. Weeks 14-17 he was the #1 ranked WR! With Gerhart gone I see additional rushing opportunities too.
I like Patterson too, but talking top 5 is pretty crazy. Most of his points were on long breakaway TD's. Those aren't sustainable. Will he have multiple per year, sure, but he's not going to have 1/game. If he's going to be top 5 then he needs to be more than just a gadget player. He needs to be a traditional route runner as well.
I'm not saying he will end up top 5 but the potential does exist. Norv will take advantage of his ability anyway possible. Gadget plays should increase and he will only get better as a route runner over time. Teddy should only help too. Like I said, I'm all in. If he has a good preseason game or two don't be surprised if you see him going in the 3rd round.

I guess I'm just not as optimistic as most people are about him, but I do own him....sooo..... :drive:
I'm kind of with Bloom on this one. In the most recent On The Couch I think it was? He made the statement that we really don't know what Patterson's ceiling is right now. He's that big of a prospect of elite measurables and athletic freakishness combined with being completely raw in his fundamentals we have no idea what the limit is for him. If he could even refine his route running skills to an elite level, his ceiling might really be somewhere in that all time great level and if he can't it could still be extremely high simply because of his raw natural ability.

That's kind of always been how I've viewed him since last season as well. And after he showed last year that he can make some freakish players? I'm simply not selling. Short of someone offering me like Calvin/AJ/Dez for him? I'm going to hold him and hope he reaches whatever his ceiling is, because his ceiling could actually be better than those guys in a couple years.

Patterson is slated in my top 20 for the year, with top 10 upside.
Same here, upside is huge!
I own him in 2 dynasty leagues. I think top 5-10 is a bit optimistic for this year but I could see it in the next 2-4 years. But still im very happy to just plug him in as an every week starter this year and expect WR2/3 numbers at least with nice upside and some big games where he scores a few long TDs

You know, Randy Moss was never a great route runner.

Sometimes you're skilled enough that that doesn't matter.
I disagree to an extent. He didn't run a full route tree, but what he did run was great. In the end though, Randy was such an athletic freak he didn't need anything but the Go route to completely dominant any and all defenders they put on him.

Khy said:
Andy Dufresne said:
You know, Randy Moss was never a great route runner.

Sometimes you're skilled enough that that doesn't matter.
I disagree to an extent. He didn't run a full route tree, but what he did run was great. In the end though, Randy was such an athletic freak he didn't need anything but the Go route to completely dominant any and all defenders they put on him.
That's kind of what I'm saying.

If Patterson could pluck the ball and go up for it like Randy, he would have been a top-5 pick despite his lack of experience. We're talking about a guy viewed as a raw WR with a RB's skill-set, let's not even mention Moss' route running, please. It's so far down the list of concerns.

If Patterson could pluck the ball and go up for it like Randy, he would have been a top-5 pick despite his lack of experience. We're talking about a guy viewed as a raw WR with a RB's skill-set, let's not even mention Moss' route running, please. It's so far down the list of concerns.
Don't be one of those people who gets all upset about putting a young player into a comparison with an all time great. Nobody is saying they're similar players. Simply saying both of them came into the NFL with tons of question marks because they were incredible physical specimens but really raw in their understanding of the game. Patterson was more raw and not quite the freak Moss was coming out.

As for going up and plucking the ball, Patterson has all the size and physical attributes to do such a thing. And has shown some ability to do it, it's just something that needs to be taught to him a little more. Nobody is trying to compare him to Moss though. To me, he's who we wish Percy Harvin could be. He's just as fast and possibly even better after the catch and he's a massive, massive man to bring down. I think a lot of people lack respect for the sheer size Patterson possesses with his combo of speed to add to that.

From a physical stand point (height, weight, broad, vert) he's literally just Dez Bryant if Dez Bryant could run a 4.3 40 instead of a 4.52 40. That's kind of insane when you really sit down for a minute and think about it.

Right, Khy.

I'm just saying that he doesn't HAVE to be a great or even good route runner to make an impact - if early glimpses of the talents he DOES have are to be believed.

Right, Khy.

I'm just saying that he doesn't HAVE to be a great or even good route runner to make an impact - if early glimpses of the talents he DOES have are to be believed.
Yeah, we're on the same page there. Patterson could be the talent level of Moss from a different perspective. Where Moss was a "Randy, just run a go route all the time, ignore the play. If you are only double covered we'll toss it up to you go get it" type of guy. Patterson could turn into a "Cordarrelle, just run slants and comebacks all game. See what you can do" and he could be potentially just as lethal in that roll as Moss was at the go route.

Don't be one of those people who gets all upset about putting a young player into a comparison with an all time great. Nobody is saying they're similar players. Simply saying both of them came into the NFL with tons of question marks because they were incredible physical specimens but really raw in their understanding of the game. Patterson was more raw and not quite the freak Moss was coming out.

As for going up and plucking the ball, Patterson has all the size and physical attributes to do such a thing. And has shown some ability to do it, it's just something that needs to be taught to him a little more. Nobody is trying to compare him to Moss though. To me, he's who we wish Percy Harvin could be. He's just as fast and possibly even better after the catch and he's a massive, massive man to bring down. I think a lot of people lack respect for the sheer size Patterson possesses with his combo of speed to add to that.

From a physical stand point (height, weight, broad, vert) he's literally just Dez Bryant if Dez Bryant could run a 4.3 40 instead of a 4.52 40. That's kind of insane when you really sit down for a minute and think about it.
Or he's Dez without ball skills and ferociousness.

Echoing the name of Moss in correlation with any young WR is always going to get met with scrutiny. Perhaps rightfully so. It's not a fair comparison for any young player to be sized up next to what is probably the freakiest athlete to grace an NFL field, ever.

Still, correlations can be made and lessons learned from what Moss was able to do as a rookie and young WR. Moss showed us and told us in his own words that he would,"tear this league up." I agree that some of that correlation can be made with Patterson and it's not just because they have that purple jersey garnished with the #84. Patterson, like Moss, possesses rare athletic gifts. As demonstrative or rare as Moss? No, but rare none the less. Patterson and Moss were also "raw" prospects coming into the NFL and fell in the draft. Both guys also had limited route experience coming in. Moss had more of the traditional WR abilities and the ones we are accustom too. Better speed, better jumping ability, better hands and an unheralded trait of his was his amazing ability to track and adjust to the ball. Yes, Patterson does not pluck the ball nearly as well as Moss nor high point it at well. So what? Moss was maybe the best guy in the history of the game in those areas. He made catches that defied physics as we know it. Patterson still posses the skill to do those things, just not as well. At the end of the day that's perfectly understandable. Patterson showed he can high point the ball and pluck it last year in Minn. actually, I think he showed this in college as well but many still questioned his hands. I've always felt concentration was the problem, not his natural catching.

Patterson's best gift plan and simply is his running ability with the ball in his hands. Quite frankly he's probably the best WR I've ever seen in this area. So good that I often wonder if he could play RB in the NFL, seriously. He looks like a RB when he gets his hands on the ball and just might have the size/frame to pull it off. His lower body explosiveness for a man his size is unbelievable and he runs with extreme power for a WR. He generates burst and acceleration in the blink of an eye and is an absolute nightmare in the open field. The problem is he's never been taught how to translate that energy into his route running. Neither did Moss early on. It was just "hey dog, throw it as far and high as you can." I think he's been getting better at it the past 2 years as Tenn really challenged him with his route skill and Minn has also.

Right or wrong, Minn seems to be all in this year. I'm of the opinion that if they are, then I am too. Even if Patterson doesn't develop as quickly as we would want it probably won't matter that much for fantasy. What do you honesty think this guy will do if he gets say 90 touches this year? At this stage I'd say that's a fair over under, 70 receptions and 20 rushes. With kind of opportunity and his kind of freakish skill, that's not a train I want passing me by if I can avoid it.

Echoing the name of Moss in correlation with any young WR is always going to get met with scrutiny. Perhaps rightfully so. It's not a fair comparison for any young player to be sized up next to what is probably the freakiest athlete to grace an NFL field, ever.

Still, correlations can be made and lessons learned from what Moss was able to do as a rookie and young WR. Moss showed us and told us in his own words that he would,"tear this league up." I agree that some of that correlation can be made with Patterson and it's not just because they have that purple jersey garnished with the #84. Patterson, like Moss, possesses rare athletic gifts. As demonstrative or rare as Moss? No, but rare none the less. Patterson and Moss were also "raw" prospects coming into the NFL and fell in the draft. Both guys also had limited route experience coming in. Moss had more of the traditional WR abilities and the ones we are accustom too. Better speed, better jumping ability, better hands and an unheralded trait of his was his amazing ability to track and adjust to the ball. Yes, Patterson does not pluck the ball nearly as well as Moss nor high point it at well. So what? Moss was maybe the best guy in the history of the game in those areas. He made catches that defied physics as we know it. Patterson still posses the skill to do those things, just not as well. At the end of the day that's perfectly understandable. Patterson showed he can high point the ball and pluck it last year in Minn. actually, I think he showed this in college as well but many still questioned his hands. I've always felt concentration was the problem, not his natural catching.

Patterson's best gift plan and simply is his running ability with the ball in his hands. Quite frankly he's probably the best WR I've ever seen in this area. So good that I often wonder if he could play RB in the NFL, seriously. He looks like a RB when he gets his hands on the ball and just might have the size/frame to pull it off. His lower body explosiveness for a man his size is unbelievable and he runs with extreme power for a WR. He generates burst and acceleration in the blink of an eye and is an absolute nightmare in the open field. The problem is he's never been taught how to translate that energy into his route running. Neither did Moss early on. It was just "hey dog, throw it as far and high as you can." I think he's been getting better at it the past 2 years as Tenn really challenged him with his route skill and Minn has also.

Right or wrong, Minn seems to be all in this year. I'm of the opinion that if they are, then I am too. Even if Patterson doesn't develop as quickly as we would want it probably won't matter that much for fantasy. What do you honesty think this guy will do if he gets say 90 touches this year? At this stage I'd say that's a fair over under, 70 receptions and 20 rushes. With kind of opportunity and his kind of freakish skill, that's not a train I want passing me by if I can avoid it.
At his current ypc, 70 catches would be about 725 yards...

When a rookie WR scores 15 or more TD then maybe you could make comparisons between that player and Moss. I am not sure if folks realize what a huge difference there is between what Moss did as a rookie compared to all WR in the history of the game.

Here is a top 20 list of rookie WR performances over the past 20 years- http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/top-20-rookie-receiving-seasons-in-the-past-20-years.aspx

Going further back in time http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=list/rookiereceivers

John Jefferson scored 13TD as a rookie in 1978.

Billy Howton scored 13TD in 1952

As far as the myth that Moss was not a good route runner please watch this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NScSqohzuqE

When a rookie WR scores 15 or more TD then maybe you could make comparisons between that player and Moss. I am not sure if folks realize what a huge difference there is between what Moss did as a rookie compared to all WR in the history of the game.

Here is a top 20 list of rookie WR performances over the past 20 years- http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/top-20-rookie-receiving-seasons-in-the-past-20-years.aspx

Going further back in time http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=list/rookiereceivers

As far as the myth that Moss was not a good route runner please watch this-

The route running is kind of what I was trying to say above, it was a myth because he rarely ran advanced routes because he didn't need to to dominate. Randy Moss wasn't a guy who needed to get open, even triple teaming him there was a better chance he'd catch the ball than a defender.

I wasn't recoiling at the Moss comparison, at least not for the reasons stated since my post.

My point was that bringing up Moss and his route running really only makes sense if you think route running is the biggest question mark with Patterson. That's far from my biggest question mark with him (and I'm an owner in a couple leagues who is eagerly awaiting his potential growth at the position). I think Patterson is dedicated enough, has quick enough feet, and is loose enough in the hips to develop into at least an above average route runner, with a big enough route tree to be elite combined with his natural talent and RAC ability.

But that all only happens if he develops into the kind of guy who catches the ball in traffic consistently and can pluck away from his body consistently. Even better if he can show Dez-like ability to dominate in the redzone and up top (though I think that's unlikely, honestly--that's a big hill to climb since Dez came into the league with that ability). It's fine if he is the kind of guy who has T.O.-like issues with drops sometimes, because he's a freakish dynamo. But he does need to prove to be a threat to actually catch the ball like a WR before running with it like a RB. And that's something we've seen precious little of out of him in the NFL so far. He's mostly had success in exactly all the ways we knew he could have success. He's exactly what we all (mostly) projected he could be right away, and now he needs to take that next step to becoming what some think he could still be. He needs to meet that larger talent projection now after living up to expectations his rookie year when he looked great on returns and after the catch.

I'm pulling for him, it's just that I pushed back on the Moss talk because Moss' biggest issue coming into the league (arguably) doesnt match up with what I think Patterson's biggest question marks are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good post.

His RAC skills for a WR his size (and just plain period) are EXTREMELY rare.

Patterson had just 2 rushing attempts in the first 11 weeks, but 10 carries in the last five games, as well as all 3 rushing TDs (also 3 of his 4 receiving TDs in the last four games). If he had 30+ rushing attempts that could add a few hundred yards (13 yards per carry as a rookie roars off the page).

Patterson's MIN predecessor Harvin is the benchmark for WR rushing attempts (52 in 2011, his third season, may be the record). He had 22 carries through nine games before missing the rest of the 2012 season (33 carries in his first two seasons combined). Harvin's career average is 6.4 yards per attempt. For perspective, Harvin has one more rushing TD (4) than Patterson had in five games, in his CAREER - 43 starts in 55 games (not counting the 22 games he missed since 2012). Harvin and Patterson both had 2 kick return TDs as rookies, Harvin had 1 in each of his next three seasons (plus the Super Bowl for SEA).

Jerry Rice might have been the best WR I've seen after the catch. He was the GOAT for a lot of reasons (hands, competitiveness, some pretty good QBs, etc.), but that was one of them. He wasn't fast, but was rarely caught from behind. Rice had freakish burst and short area acceleration, RB-like vision/instincts, strength and contact balance (hard to knock off his pins), and was a natural at vectoring to daylight but always with the emphasis on getting north/south ASAP.

Sterling Sharpe had an injury shortened career, but was great after the catch, for different reasons. He had unusual power and was very tough, physical, hard-nosed and broke tackles. Another WR that fits the description of being like a RB once the ball is in his hands.

For contemporary WRs, Harvin, when healthy, is one of the most electrifying playmakers and dangerous open field runners in the league. He is listed at 5'11", 185 lbs., though that compactness may be a bit deceptive when it come to the important role power (I think he can BP 400 lbs.) plays in his overall game. He was a RB/WR at Florida, but predominantly RB. Patterson is 6'2", 220 lbs., so 3" taller and 35 lbs. heavier, and yet he can break down defenders in space similarly to players like Harvin and Tavon Austin.

Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant have among the strongest RAC skills in the game, they are also like RBs in the open field (Sammy Watkins has also been described in this way).

Thomas, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon and Watkins all had questions about either route running or hands entering the NFL (probably Calvin Johnson, too, a Georgia Tech alum like Thomas, but being nearly 6'5", 235 lbs. and running a sub-4.4 with a 40"+ VJ made him maybe the greatest physical specimen and athletic phenom at the position ever). I don't recall Bryant having these kinds of questions, though he had some for other reasons. A.J. Green was an extremely clean prospect, though even he was skinny, maybe the fact he looked so much like Randy Moss without the top end speed dispelled most of those questions. Thomas (his ascendance was delayed by a ruptured Achilles tendon) and Bryant didn't blow up by their second year, so if Patterson does, that would put him ahead of schedule relative to them, at a comparable stage of development. I didn't see a lot of him last year, but what I saw, made me think his athleticism went beyond being a RAC prodigy and extended to natural looking hand-eye coordination, he isn't just a big, fast guy with frying pans for hands. :)

Of the above group, Calvin, Julio, Thomas are extremely fast, especially for their size (they may all be sub-4.4). Harvin, Patterson and Watkins were star prep sprinters (I think all ran sub-10.5 100 m.).

Come to think of it, MIN rookie RB and combine star Jerick McKinnon is a pretty freaky athlete. That could be the makings of a nasty option play with Patterson in the backfield at times.

* Patterson's Sport Science segment. He had the best acceleration of any WR they tested in 2013, and his overall test score was similar to Dez Bryant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b34PaCvgBFI

This is the kind of guy that will get drafted two rounds earlier than adp in some leagues and still people will groan for not getting him. Be ready to reach for Corduroy Panterson, if you want him, boys.

Good post.

His RAC skills for a WR his size (and just plain period) are EXTREMELY rare.

Patterson had just 2 rushing attempts in the first 11 weeks, but 10 carries in the last five games, as well as all 3 rushing TDs (also 3 of his 4 receiving TDs in the last four games). If he had 30+ rushing attempts that could add a few hundred yards (13 yards per carry as a rookie roars off the page).

Patterson's MIN predecessor Harvin is the benchmark for WR rushing attempts (52 in 2011, his third season, may be the record). He had 22 carries through nine games before missing the rest of the 2012 season (33 carries in his first two seasons combined). Harvin's career average is 6.4 yards per attempt. For perspective, Harvin has one more rushing TD (4) than Patterson had in five games, in his CAREER - 43 starts in 55 games (not counting the 22 games he missed since 2012). Harvin and Patterson both had 2 kick return TDs as rookies, Harvin had 1 in each of his next three seasons (plus the Super Bowl for SEA).

Jerry Rice might have been the best WR I've seen after the catch. He was the GOAT for a lot of reasons (hands, competitiveness, some pretty good QBs, etc.), but that was one of them. He wasn't fast, but was rarely caught from behind. Rice had freakish burst and short area acceleration, RB-like vision/instincts, strength and contact balance (hard to knock off his pins), and was a natural at vectoring to daylight but always with the emphasis on getting north/south ASAP.

Sterling Sharpe had an injury shortened career, but was great after the catch, for different reasons. He had unusual power and was very tough, physical, hard-nosed and broke tackles. Another WR that fits the description of being like a RB once the ball is in his hands.

For contemporary WRs, Harvin, when healthy, is one of the most electrifying playmakers and dangerous open field runners in the league. He is listed at 5'11", 185 lbs., though that compactness may be a bit deceptive when it come to the important role power (I think he can BP 400 lbs.) plays in his overall game. He was a RB/WR at Florida, but predominantly WR. Patterson is 6'2", 220 lbs., so 3" taller and 35 lbs. heavier, and yet he can break down defenders in space similarly to players like Harvin and Tavon Austin.

Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant have among the strongest RAC skills in the game, they are also like RBs in the open field (Sammy Watkins has also been described in this way).

Thomas, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon and Watkins all had questions about either route running or hands entering the NFL (probably Calvin Johnson, too, a Georgia Tech alum like Thomas, but being nearly 6'5", 235 lbs. and running a sub-4.4 with a 40"+ VJ made him maybe the greatest physical specimen and athletic phenom at the position ever). I don't recall Bryant having these kinds of questions, though he had some for other reasons. A.J. Green was an extremely clean prospect, though even he was skinny, maybe the fact he looked so much like Randy Moss without the top end speed dispelled most of those questions. Thomas (his ascendance was delayed by a ruptured Achilles tendon) and Bryant didn't blow up by their second year, so if Patterson does, that would put him ahead of schedule relative to them, at a comparable stage of development. I didn't see a lot of him last year, but what I saw, made me think his athleticism went beyond being a RAC prodigy and extended to natural looking hand-eye coordination, he isn't just a big, fast guy with frying pans for hands. :)

Of the above group, Calvin, Julio, Thomas are extremely fast, especially for their size (they may all be sub-4.4). Harvin, Patterson and Watkins were star prep sprinters (I think all ran sub-10.5 100 m.).

Come to think of it, MIN rookie RB and combine star Jerick McKinnon is a pretty freaky athlete. That could be the makings of a nasty option play with Patterson in the backfield at times.

* Patterson's Sport Science segment. He had the best acceleration of any WR they tested in 2013, and his overall test score was similar to Dez Bryant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b34PaCvgBFI
:goodposting:

Just a straight up brilliant posting. The sports science thing is pretty insane, I really love those videos. I remember watching this last season when the draft was going on and was blown away. The speed and reaction times are what really blew me away completely. The whole, the QB can throw the ball up when he's simply 5 yards down field and he could make the catch 30 yards down field. At the end when they show those 'scores' which are obviously a little arbitrary but either way:

Jerry Rice: 91.7

Dez Bryant: 90.4

Cordarrelle Patterson: 88.8

Greg Jennings: 88.6

Justin Blackmon: 88.6

Some good talent to be surrounded by

Maybe a silly question, but how does Sports Science have a score on Rice when he retired like 12 years before they starting doing those things?

Maybe a silly question, but how does Sports Science have a score on Rice when he retired like 12 years before they starting doing those things?
Same way they scored Calvin I'm assuming? They didn't actually bring him into the lab they used his older stats and observed his verticals and stuff in tape and used that for the metric?

I wasn't recoiling at the Moss comparison, at least not for the reasons stated since my post.

My point was that bringing up Moss and his route running really only makes sense if you think route running is the biggest question mark with Patterson. That's far from my biggest question mark with him (and I'm an owner in a couple leagues who is eagerly awaiting his potential growth at the position). I think Patterson is dedicated enough, has quick enough feet, and is loose enough in the hips to develop into at least an above average route runner, with a big enough route tree to be elite combined with his natural talent and RAC ability.

But that all only happens if he develops into the kind of guy who catches the ball in traffic consistently and can pluck away from his body consistently. Even better if he can show Dez-like ability to dominate in the redzone and up top (though I think that's unlikely, honestly--that's a big hill to climb since Dez came into the league with that ability). It's fine if he is the kind of guy who has T.O.-like issues with drops sometimes, because he's a freakish dynamo. But he does need to prove to be a threat to actually catch the ball like a WR before running with it like a RB. And that's something we've seen precious little of out of him in the NFL so far. He's mostly had success in exactly all the ways we knew he could have success. He's exactly what we all (mostly) projected he could be right away, and now he needs to take that next step to becoming what some think he could still be. He needs to meet that larger talent projection now after living up to expectations his rookie year when he looked great on returns and after the catch.

I'm pulling for him, it's just that I pushed back on the Moss talk because Moss' biggest issue coming into the league (arguably) doesnt match up with what I think Patterson's biggest question marks are.
Good post and all of this is fair.

Maybe Moss isn't the best example for the point. The only reason I used him was because he's the easiest example to show how a guy can have holes in his game and still be a great football player - or at the very least make an impact.

For sure, there's a lot of wishful thinking going into getting excited about CP's prospects. If you couple what you've already seen with what you hope will come true (or at least approximate it) then I think it's pretty exciting.

Same way they scored Calvin I'm assuming? They didn't actually bring him into the lab they used his older stats and observed his verticals and stuff in tape and used that for the metric?
You sure they weren't using this guys stats and measurables?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/jerry-ricecake-combine-profile

:lol:

I kid a bit of course. None the less I think they are allowing some serious revisionist vision in attaining that number. Rice was far from an imposing athlete based on his metrics. He ran a supposed 4.71 to 4.59 (depends where you look) 40. Rice reportedly had a good vertical at 38 inches but still, I find it hard to believe he would fair well in this type of raw athleticism based system. Rice is kind of the epitome of why the combine and these types of things are scoffed at.

How does Moss rank? He had a supposed 4.25 40 and 44 (some say 48 actually... Insane) vertical.

You sure they weren't using this guys stats and measurables?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/jerry-ricecake-combine-profile

:lol:

I kid a bit of course. None the less I think they are allowing some serious revisionist vision in attaining that number. Rice was far from an imposing athlete based on his metrics. He ran a supposed 4.71 to 4.59 (depends where you look) 40. Rice reportedly had a good vertical at 38 inches but still, I find it hard to believe he would fair well in this type of raw athleticism based system. Rice is kind of the epitome of why the combine and these types of things are scoffed at.

How does Moss rank? He had a supposed 4.25 40 and 44 (some say 48 actually... Insane) vertical.
It's guys like Rice that make me value things like instincts and natural route running ability so highly. You can be all levels of physical freak but if you have bad instincts adjusting to the ball and can't create separation it doesn't really matter. It's a big reason I loved OBJ so much prior to the draft and why I was so excited when the Giants drafted him cause I just feel like he has great route running and great adjustment instincts.

With Patterson, the reason I mentioned Moss is I feel, like Moss he's an exception to the rule. While he doesn't possess good route running, he's a complete freak of natural physically and has amazing instincts. Which are the same qualities Moss possessed coming into the league. Honestly, instincts might be the biggest most important thing for a skill position player in the league. At the same time it isn't really something that can be quantified. But guys like Moss, Rice, Peterson, Sanders etc. the greats had those instincts. You'd watch them on the field and it'd always look like they were the oracle from the Matrix, almost as if deep in their gut they knew that the defender was going to cut just a half a second later or earlier than he was and they were able to adjust based on that. You can't teach that type of thing, you either have it or you don't and I feel like watching Patterson in the open field and on his routes it's something he does have. The route running and other fundamentals can be taught but instinct is something you're born with and I think it's necessary.

Thanks, Khy.

I credit jurb for identifying Patterson's elite RAC skills as a kind of skeleton key in his overall scouting evaluation (and by implication, his projection). I had come to a similar conclusion, but the timing helped crystallize some ideas about how Patterson might be like Harvin, and other top young WRs, in important ways.

Even though Harvin played a lot of RB at Florida, I thought he looked like a more skilled, polished and technically developed WR than Patterson coming out of college. Maybe part of that was the positional coaching available at a higher level of competition relative to the JUCO ranks? Still, while Harvin has demonstrated the ability to get downfield and make plays at times, he was used while at MIN in a way that he could do a lot of damage on quick hitters and short/intermediate routes, which dovetails nicely with what Patterson does best.

Harvin's dynasty owners may have been holding their collective breath on the first jet sweep in the Super Bowl, when he flashed the ability that showed his skills had been retained intact. He has a kind of unnatural suddenness, instant acceleration, electric burst and freakish explosiveness that stands out, even in a league filled with freakish talents. I'm not sure if Patterson is THAT explosive, but their elite RAC skills, game, usage do have some overlap and intersection points. On that basis, a bigger Harvin might be a good comp for Patterson (albeit, not as skilled or technically developed a WR at a comparable stage of development). That isn't intended to suggest that Patterson's production will parallel or be a mirror image of Harvin's, just that similarities in their game suggests to me a favorable projection.

IMO, the more rare and special Patterson's RAC ability is, the more important it is to account for it in his overall evaluation and projection (maybe many/most people already were). If he gets coached up on technique, that can only help given his raw talent and natural ability. But as alluded to upthread, it may not matter whether or not he ever attains a Torry Holt-like, master route technician level to be a playmaker and game breaker (especially if Norv does a good job meshing his scheme with the Harvin-like elements of Patterson's game that he does well).

900 yards. Minnesota goes 4 and 12, good for last in the division. Bridgewater hanging with Rodgers, Cutler and the Calvin/Stafford combo? Please.

You guys are not thinking this through at all. If Bridgewater is not top ten elite, Minn is at the start of a 2-3 year experiment in a qb centric league.

900 yards. Minnesota goes 4 and 12, good for last in the division. Bridgewater hanging with Rodgers, Cutler and the Calvin/Stafford combo? Please.

You guys are not thinking this through at all. If Bridgewater is not top ten elite, Minn is at the start of a 2-3 year experiment in a qb centric league.
I agree. I think he is going to struggle learning a whole new playbook. Took him 8 weeks to learn the last one well enough to get in more than a handful of plays. And Norv's offense is supposedly much more complex and involves vertical routes. Patterson caught 85% of his passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. I think 900 yards is absolute best case scenario...

I agree. I think he is going to struggle learning a whole new playbook. Took him 8 weeks to learn the last one well enough to get in more than a handful of plays. And Norv's offense is supposedly much more complex and involves vertical routes. Patterson caught 85% of his passes within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. I think 900 yards is absolute best case scenario...
even so, that looks pretty good when you add in the 300-400 rushing yards.

And the 11 or so TDs that would equate to as well. You're looking at around 1200 yds and 11 TDs.

jurb26 said:
fruity pebbles said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Touchdown There said:

And the 11 or so TDs that would equate to as well. You're looking at around 1200 yds and 11 TDs.
Wow. 1200 total yards and 11 TD? That WR1 territory. I'm not buying it.

jurb26 said:
fruity pebbles said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Touchdown There said:

Just as a sanity check, in Percy Harvin's best year (third in the league) he went:

87/967/6 recv ; 52/345/2 rushing ; 1,312 yds / 8 TD's total for 178.9 FP.

On a fantasy PPG in 2011 that put Harvin at WR 11.

1200 yds and 11 TD's for Patterson equates to 186 FP.

So in his second year playing for a new coach and new QB you guys are saying Patterson exceeds Harvin's career year.

Quite a stud indeed.

jurb26 said:
fruity pebbles said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Touchdown There said:

Just as a sanity check, in Percy Harvin's best year (third in the league) he went:

So in his second year playing for a new coach and new QB you guys are saying Patterson exceeds Harvin's career year.

Quite a stud indeed.
People still play non PPR? Anyways in PPR my guess is the above projections are still anticipated to be below Harvins career year.

jurb26 said:
fruity pebbles said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Touchdown There said:

Quite a stud indeed.
Yeah, i think Pattersons numbers will look very similar to Harvins 2011. But that wasn't Harvins career year, you may want to look at the 1st 8 games of 2012.

jurb26 said:
fruity pebbles said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Touchdown There said:

Which part are you having the hardest time with? The 900 yards receiving, the 300 yards rushing or the 11 TDs?

People still play non PPR? Anyways in PPR my guess is the above projections are still anticipated to be below Harvins career year.
Yes, people play standard leagues.

Hence the term...standard.

Not everybody wants to award points on negative plays.

jurb26 said:
fruity pebbles said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Touchdown There said:

Which part are you having the hardest time with? The 900 yards receiving, the 300 yards rushing or the 11 TDs?
I'm not buying either 900 yds receiving or 11 TD's as a realistic projection. Upside maybe. But there are others below Patterson's ADP range with similar 1200 yds / 11 TD upside (M. Wallace, J. Maclin, E. Sanders)

A realistic good year for the MIN QB's is 3,700 yds and 25 TD's. 25 team pass TD's would have ranked T13 last year and 40% higher than what MIN had in 2013.

I'll give 20-25% of that team passing production to Patterson. ADP is supposedly going to be utilized more like Marshall Faulk, as well as Jennings, K. Rudolph and others stealing targets and red zone action.

I think more realistic projections for a highly talented guy limited by mediocre QB play, competing targets and yet to prove he can run a full route tree are:

60-65 / 800 yds receiving, 40 / 300 rushing and 8 TD's (5 receiving, 2 running and 1 kick return).

Good for 9.9 FF PPG and a WR21 finish last year in non-PPR.

jurb26 said:
fruity pebbles said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
Touchdown There said:

I guess all of it. 1200 total yards seems steep. 300 rush yards does as well. 11 TD as well.Let's start with rush yards. 300 rush yards is about 19 yards per game. I don't see him rushing 30 times this year, so that is going to mean #1 he is averaging over 10 ypc, and #2 that they are going to rush him 2 times per game. I don't see either being likely. I would project his carries to about 20 for the season. I anticipate him to catch more and run less.

Now for rec/rec yards. Last year 78 targets and 45 catches. 10.4 ypr. How many more targets are folks projecting? I know people want to say "he wasn't used in the first 8 games", but this is not true. He was playing and getting targets. So if you want to take the games he was playing full time (last 8), he got 54 targets and caught 29 of them. If he increases to 108 targets, at his catch rate that's 58 catches. And at his ypr that's 603 yards. People are predicting quite a jump IMO, hoping for him to improve on targets, catch rate, AND ypr. I think the most likely thing is targets, and even if you project him out to 120 targets, he needs 87 catches at his ypr rate OR improve his catch rate to 73% from 54% OR improve ypc from 10.4 to 13.8. Of course he could improve in 2 categories to make the leap, but it would still be substantial.

TDs are so flukey, I could see 11. But I could also see 5.

I just think you are asking a lot of this guy in this new offense, with these QBs, with AP who will get 300+ touches, and with a documented history of picking up the new offense slowly, to jump into 1200 yard 11 TD territory THIS season.

As far as the myth that Moss was not a good route runner please watch this- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NScSqohzuqE
Thank you for pointing out this. As someone who watched every game that year, I can affirm that what Moss did was electrifying and uniquely special. The closest rookie I can recall to Moss was Boldin's--over a 100 receptions and 8 TDs. But Moss's supercharger scoring ability was really what set him apart.

I guess all of it. 1200 total yards seems steep. 300 rush yards does as well. 11 TD as well.

Let's start with rush yards. 300 rush yards is about 19 yards per game. I don't see him rushing 30 times this year, so that is going to mean #1 he is averaging over 10 ypc, and #2 that they are going to rush him 2 times per game. I don't see either being likely. I would project his carries to about 20 for the season. I anticipate him to catch more and run less.

Now for rec/rec yards. Last year 78 targets and 45 catches. 10.4 ypr. How many more targets are folks projecting? I know people want to say "he wasn't used in the first 8 games", but this is not true. He was playing and getting targets. So if you want to take the games he was playing full time (last 8), he got 54 targets and caught 29 of them. If he increases to 108 targets, at his catch rate that's 58 catches. And at his ypr that's 603 yards. People are predicting quite a jump IMO, hoping for him to improve on targets, catch rate, AND ypr. I think the most likely thing is targets, and even if you project him out to 120 targets, he needs 87 catches at his ypr rate OR improve his catch rate to 73% from 54% OR improve ypc from 10.4 to 13.8. Of course he could improve in 2 categories to make the leap, but it would still be substantial.

I just think you are asking a lot of this guy in this new offense, with these QBs, with AP who will get 300+ touches, and with a documented history of picking up the new offense slowly, to jump into 1200 yard 11 TD territory THIS season.
So, you decided to use Patterson's YPC of 10.4 last season but not use his YPR of 13.2? Pretty selective, no? Based on your own projection of 20 rushes he would put up 264 yds rushing based on his YPR last year.

You've also chosen an 8 game cut off to separate the numbers when it's clear that Patterson didn't really become more involved in the offense until after the bye week and starting with the Sea game. So, the divide of when he was given more touches/targets happened in the 9th game (giving him 7 games, not 8). This would give him an average of 7.14 targets and 1.4 carries per game. Prorated out to 114 targets and 23 carries for the season. This was despite the fact that he really wasn't even the WR1 on the team, Jennings was.

Regardless, last year is probably not the best gage for this year. We have a new QB, new coach and new system. Turner comes to town with a new offense and it's one that we know has been friendly to WR1s over the years. It does so without sacrificing RB production, either. So the fears of Peterson are misguided IMO. There is and will be enough to feed both guys and make fantasy owners very happy. The only thing that really matters is if Patterson will in fact be that WR1. To this, I say it looks pretty promising and there is no reason to believe he won't be at this point. So what have WR1s in Tuner's offense looked like the past 5 years? Well, let's take a look.

2013 - Gordon

159 targets, 87 rec., 1646 yds, 9 TDs, 14 games

2012 - Floyd

84 targets, 56 rec., 814 yds, 5 TDs, 14 games

2011 - Jackson

115 targets, 60 rec., 1106 yds, 9 TDs, 16 games

2010 - Floyd

77 targets, 37 rec., 717 yds, 6 TDs, 11 games

2009 - Jackson

107 targets, 68 rec., 1167 yds, 9 TDs, 15 games

Per game averages

7.7 targets, 4.4 rec., 78 yds, .53 TDs

Prorated season

123 targets, 70 rec., 1248 yds, 8.48 TDs

A couple of things to note. Gordon certainly sets the standard here for targets and would be the high benchmark. While Gordon may skew the targets a bit, the fact that all of the players in SD were fighting Gates for targets as well probably balances that out a good deal. While I like Rudolph, he's not Gates. So in the end, I think the target average plays out nicely. The most remarkable thing of note to me is the outstanding YPC of 17.8 that this group has managed. So, to you're question of Patterson improving on his 10.3 YPC I think it's not just likely to improve, but expected. Not just expected buy by a good amount as well. Will it match the 17.8 mark set here? Not likely. Patterson is still a work in progress and needs to prove he hips capable of such plays down field. Still, the fact remains that Turner likes to take shots with his WR1 and I see no reason Patterson will suddenly be an exception to that. Also of note is that most of this was done with Rivers at QB. I don't think we can expect that level of play from Minn at QB. Still, it's encouraging that Clev was as productive as they were with their toilet bowl group. The last note is that none of this includes rushing numbers at all. I agree that 20 carries is a safe and wise projection for Patterson in rushing attempts. Will he match his gaudy 13.2 YPR of last year? Highly doubtful. Still, I think a 10 YPR average is perfectly feasible.

Are we being optimistic on Patterson? Yeah I'd say so. Quite frankly given the opportunity that might be ahead for him, matched with his skill set, I see no reason to not be optimistic. I see more opportunity, better coaching and better QB play in his future. Maybe the price is a tad high. Like I said before though, I'd rather be on this bus than watch it roll by.

I guess all of it. 1200 total yards seems steep. 300 rush yards does as well. 11 TD as well.

Let's start with rush yards. 300 rush yards is about 19 yards per game. I don't see him rushing 30 times this year, so that is going to mean #1 he is averaging over 10 ypc, and #2 that they are going to rush him 2 times per game. I don't see either being likely. I would project his carries to about 20 for the season. I anticipate him to catch more and run less.

So, you decided to use Patterson's YPC of 10.4 last season but not use his YPR of 13.2? Pretty selective, no? Based on your own projection of 20 rushes he would put up 264 yds rushing based on his YPR last year.

You've also chosen an 8 game cut off to separate the numbers when it's clear that Patterson didn't really become more involved in the offense until after the bye week and starting with the Sea game. So, the divide of when he was given more touches/targets happened in the 9th game (giving him 7 games, not 8). This would give him an average of 7.14 targets and 1.4 carries per game. Prorated out to 114 targets and 23 carries for the season. This was despite the fact that he really wasn't even the WR1 on the team, Jennings was.

Regardless, last year is probably not the best gage for this year. We have a new QB, new coach and new system. Turner comes to town with a new offense and it's one that we know has been friendly to WR1s over the years. It does so without sacrificing RB production, either. So the fears of Peterson are misguided IMO. There is and will be enough to feed both guys and make fantasy owners very happy. The only thing that really matters is if Patterson will in fact be that WR1. To this, I say it looks pretty promising and there is no reason to believe he won't be at this point. So what have WR1s in Tuner's offense looked like the past 5 years? Well, let's take a look.

2013 - Gordon

2012 - Floyd

2011 - Jackson

2010 - Floyd

2009 - Jackson

Per game averages

Prorated season

A couple of things to note. Gordon certainly sets the standard here for targets and would be the high benchmark. While Gordon may skew the targets a bit, the fact that all of the players in SD were fighting Gates for targets as well probably balances that out a good deal. While I like Rudolph, he's not Gates. So in the end, I think the target average plays out nicely. The most remarkable thing of note to me is the outstanding YPC of 17.8 that this group has managed. So, to you're question of Patterson improving on his 10.3 YPC I think it's not just likely to improve, but expected. Not just expected buy by a good amount as well. Will it match the 17.8 mark set here? Not likely. Patterson is still a work in progress and needs to prove he hips capable of such plays down field. Still, the fact remains that Turner likes to take shots with his WR1 and I see no reason Patterson will suddenly be an exception to that. Also of note is that most of this was done with Rivers at QB. I don't think we can expect that level of play from Minn at QB. Still, it's encouraging that Clev was as productive as they were with their toilet bowl group. The last note is that none of this includes rushing numbers at all. I agree that 20 carries is a safe and wise projection for Patterson in rushing attempts. Will he match his gaudy 13.2 YPR of last year? Highly doubtful. Still, I think a 10 YPR average is perfectly feasible.

Are we being optimistic on Patterson? Yeah I'd say so. Quite frankly given the opportunity that might be ahead for him, matched with his skill set, I see no reason to not be optimistic. I see more opportunity, better coaching and better QB play in his future. Maybe the price is a tad high. Like I said before though, I'd rather be on this bus than watch it roll by.
If you think his ypc stays the same with more rushes, there is no need to continue to discuss, because you and I have differing opinions on how rush averages for WRs work. That average is likely to drop substantially--especially now that he will be a focal point of defenses. And I'm sorry, but I had to stop reading when you compared him to Norv's other WR1s. Reason being he hasn't been annointed WR1 yet, and many still believe Jennings plays that role in the offense. Also, CP does not have the down field skill set of those players. So comparing him to them is almost ridiculous. Percy Harvin is the much better comp, which is why it was discussed earlier. We can agree to disagree on that.

To show how strongly I feel about this, I will bet the first person to take the bet $50 that Patterson does not net 1200 rush + receiving yards and 11 rush + receiving TD. That's how much of an overshot I think those projections are.

Yes, people play standard leagues.

Hence the term...standard.

Not everybody wants to award points on negative plays.
I've heard this argument before but I suspect you award points on a 8 yard catch on 3rd and 9 which shouldn't be viewed as a "positive" play either. Well, unless they are in clear 4 down territory I suppose...

2013 - Gordon

2012 - Floyd

2011 - Jackson

2010 - Floyd

2009 - Jacksono

Per game averages

Prorated season

If you think his ypc stays the same with more rushes, there is no need to continue to discuss, because you and I have differing opinions on how rush averages for WRs work. That average is likely to drop substantially--especially now that he will be a focal point of defenses. And I'm sorry, but I had to stop reading when you compared him to Norv's other WR1s. Reason being he hasn't been annointed WR1 yet, and many still believe Jennings plays that role in the offense. Also, CP does not have the down field skill set of those players. So comparing him to them is almost ridiculous. Percy Harvin is the much better comp, which is why it was discussed earlier. We can agree to disagree on that.

To show how strongly I feel about this, I will bet the first person to take the bet $50 that Patterson does not net 1200 rush + receiving yards and 11 rush + receiving TD. That's how much of an overshot I think those projections are.
I thought most arguing on the CP side were stating the 1,200 +11 as his upside? So you feel so strongly about it you'd give even odds on the under for his best case/ upside for 2 separate pieces of criteria? I'll take the under too!

I haven't seen anything stating CP is the Vikings' WR1. Only that he will "be showcased" and "has figured out how to be a pro". Am I wrong about this? Please show me where the Vikings said "He's our top WR" or "he's our #1 WR". I'd like to see that.
Here's the most direct suggestion I've read on "Patterson is the #1". Agree or parse at your discretion:

Greg Jennings hands No. 1 receiver baton to Cordarrelle Patterson

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 23, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT

AP

Last year Greg Jennings led the Vikings with 68 catches and 804 receiving yards. This year, if all goes according to plan, it will beCordarrelle Patterson who serves as the teams top receiver. And Jennings welcomes that.

Jennings told ESPN.com that after talking with head coach Mike Zimmer and offensive coordinator Norv Turner, he could see that the new coaching staff wants to make the talented Patterson the focal point of the passing game. Rather than grousing about having fewer passes thrown his way this year, Jennings has taken it upon himself to impress on Patterson that he needs to be ready to take a big step up in his second season.

I wanted him to know that, coming in, the expectation of you is no longer rookie.Its, You gotta go. We saw what you can do. Were gonna showcase this, Jennings said. For me, it was making sure that he understands that he has to be a professional. He has to be a pros pro when he steps foot in this building, because were expecting [him] to give us what weve seen you put out there.

Patterson wasnt always the most consistent player as a rookie, but he was dynamite with the ball in his hands: Among his touchdowns were a 79-yard reception, runs of 33, 35 and 50 yards, and kickoff returns of 105 and 109 yards. Jennings said Patterson needs to be given more opportunities to do that.

Im going to be honest: Once I saw him make a couple plays, Im like, Weve got to get him the ball. He does too much well for us not to get him the ball, Jennings said.

It could be said that more passes thrown to Patterson will mean fewer for Jennings, but Jennings isnt worried about that.

If Im having success, its going to open up the door for success for other guys, Jennings said. If Cordarrelles having success, its going to open up the door for a lot of other guys, as well.

Pattersons success (or lack thereof) will be a major part of the Vikings success (or lack thereof), and Jennings knows that part of his role as the veteran in the receiving corps is to pave the way for Patterson to take his place as the No. 1 receiver.
Apparently you stopped reading any post that don't agree with you a long time ago. You asked for this, got it and then chose to ignore it. I'm well aware there are people who believe Jennings is to still the WR1. Funny that Jennings doesn't seem to think he is, no? I never said that Patterson would equal his YPR from last year. I predicted a nice drop, actually.

You keep saying that Patterson doesn't have down field skills but isn't simply isn't true. He does and flashed those skills latest season as well as in college. He needs refining on his downfield route running. There is a difference.

You want to bet on 1200/11 as if it this the baseline we are talking about. I just flat out told you in that post that I fully acknowledge I/we are being optimistic. You are creating a stawman here.

I haven't seen anything stating CP is the Vikings' WR1. Only that he will "be showcased" and "has figured out how to be a pro". Am I wrong about this? Please show me where the Vikings said "He's our top WR" or "he's our #1 WR". I'd like to see that.
Here's the most direct suggestion I've read on "Patterson is the #1". Agree or parse at your discretion:

AP

Last year Greg Jennings led the Vikings with 68 catches and 804 receiving yards. This year, if all goes according to plan, it will beCordarrelle Patterson who serves as the teams top receiver. And Jennings welcomes that.

Jennings told ESPN.com that after talking with head coach Mike Zimmer and offensive coordinator Norv Turner, he could see that the new coaching staff wants to make the talented Patterson the focal point of the passing game. Rather than grousing about having fewer passes thrown his way this year, Jennings has taken it upon himself to impress on Patterson that he needs to be ready to take a big step up in his second season.

I wanted him to know that, coming in, the expectation of you is no longer rookie.Its, You gotta go. We saw what you can do. Were gonna showcase this, Jennings said. For me, it was making sure that he understands that he has to be a professional. He has to be a pros pro when he steps foot in this building, because were expecting [him] to give us what weve seen you put out there.

Patterson wasnt always the most consistent player as a rookie, but he was dynamite with the ball in his hands: Among his touchdowns were a 79-yard reception, runs of 33, 35 and 50 yards, and kickoff returns of 105 and 109 yards. Jennings said Patterson needs to be given more opportunities to do that.

Im going to be honest: Once I saw him make a couple plays, Im like, Weve got to get him the ball. He does too much well for us not to get him the ball, Jennings said.

It could be said that more passes thrown to Patterson will mean fewer for Jennings, but Jennings isnt worried about that.

If Im having success, its going to open up the door for success for other guys, Jennings said. If Cordarrelles having success, its going to open up the door for a lot of other guys, as well.

Pattersons success (or lack thereof) will be a major part of the Vikings success (or lack thereof), and Jennings knows that part of his role as the veteran in the receiving corps is to pave the way for Patterson to take his place as the No. 1 receiver.
Apparently you stopped reading any post that don't agree with you a long time ago. You asked for this, got it and then chose to ignore it. I'm well aware there are people who believe Jennings is to still the WR1. Funny that Jennings doesn't seem to think he is, no? I never said that Patterson would equal his YPR from last year. I predicted a nice drop, actually.

You keep saying that Patterson doesn't have down field skills but isn't simply isn't true. He does and flashed those skills latest season as well as in college. He needs refining on his downfield route running. There is a difference.

You want to bet on 1200/11 as if it this the baseline we are talking about. I just flat out told you in that post that I fully acknowledge I/we are being optimistic. You are creating a stawman here.
When did Jennings become head coach?

So if 1200 and 11 is the "most optimistic", what do you actually think he does?

AP

When did Jennings become head coach?So if 1200 and 11 is the "most optimistic", what do you actually think he does?
Well he did about 700 yards and 5 TDs is more or less half a season. So I really don't think 1200 and 11 is that unreasonable. I'd say 1000 total yards and 8 TDs is a extremely solid "floor" type projection for him. But I firmly believe he'll do better than that this season.

Users who are viewing this thread