What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft - #1 (1 Viewer)

Okay, we've got all but New Orleans and Baltimore teed up for now.I know nobody wants to predict what the Chiefs will do, so I'll give it a go.

I am actively shopping the Steelers pick #17 for a team's 1st and 2nd. According to the "draft pick value calculator" teams in the 27-31 range make sense value-wise. PM me.

It goes without saying that this is a bad year for the Chiefs to be at #1. The spot normally dictates taking one of a QB, DE, or LT.But there's no QB worthy of the #1, they've already got a LT, and they run the 3-4.So...what to do? If they take Joeckel, they have to move Albert to guard, which he's adamantly stated he does not want to do. So isn't the net result the same if they take Warmack...except that they haven't pissed off one of their only good players. Plus, they've taken what many, many scouts consider the best player available in the draft. Add into that the idea that the rookie wage scale makes this a much less bitter pill to swallow, I think that the Chiefs should...and will...take:1.01 - Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama

What has also stung the Chiefs is the emergence of Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson. Had either of them not risen up and shown that they aren't far behind (or maybe even equal to) Joeckel, they might have been able to entice one of Oakland, Philly, or Detroit to trade up.The only other guy that I can see them considering now is Sharrif Floyd.

I am actively shopping the Steelers pick #17 for a team's 1st and 2nd. According to the "draft pick value calculator" teams in the 27-31 range make sense value-wise. PM me.Andy, if you want to take whatever team is left and give me Atlanta, I can trade with myself and help send things along.

It goes without saying that this is a bad year for the Chiefs to be at #1. The spot normally dictates taking one of a QB, DE, or LT.But there's no QB worthy of the #1, they've already got a LT, and they run the 3-4.So...what to do? If they take Joeckel, they have to move Albert to guard, which he's adamantly stated he does not want to do. So isn't the net result the same if they take Warmack...except that they haven't pissed off one of their only good players. Plus, they've taken what many, many scouts consider the best player available in the draft. Add into that the idea that the rookie wage scale makes this a much less bitter pill to swallow, I think that the Chiefs should...and will...take:1.01 - Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama
I dont think theres any CHANCE that happens. Guards dont get taken #1. If they like joeckel, theyll let albert go. If they keep albert, theyll take one of the stud dlinemen or reach at qb.

I dont think theres any CHANCE that happens. Guards dont get taken #1. If they like joeckel, theyll let albert go. If they keep albert, theyll take one of the stud dlinemen or reach at qb.
I see what you did there.Under the old CBA there was no way that guards got taken that high. The contract situation is completely different now.

There's no way they're taking a QB at #1.

And which "stud" d-lineman would they take now that Lotulelei is out of the running for that? The only other "stud" would be Floyd. And I already said that would be a consideration. Werner and Moore are not "studs".

Drafting Joeckel and releasing Albert puts them right back where they started from.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.02 Jacksonville Jaguars select- Barkevious Mingo de/olb LSUI'm pretty sure they are going to take a De/olb just not sure which one. I think with Jarvis Jones spine/neck they will stay away from him and select Mingo.

I see what you did there.Under the old CBA there was no way that guards got taken that high. The contract situation is completely different now.

And which "stud" d-lineman would they take now that Lotulelei is out of the running for that? The only other "stud" would be Floyd. And I already said that would be a consideration. Werner and Moore are not "studs".

Drafting Joeckel and releasing Albert puts them right back where they started from.
Albert is a free agent, so theyd probably save money by letting him go and drafting joeckel. As for Warmack, cba or not, guards dont have the position value to go that high. Even just last year we saw an wlite guard prospect fall (decastro) bc of position value. I think chance could go top 10, which really speaks volume to his talent (hutchinson went 17th), but i would say the odds are very slim he goes first.

Like it or not, in todays nfl, qb is always a possibility at 1. Highest position value, new regime, lower salary so lower risk.

Albert is a free agent, so theyd probably save money by letting him go and drafting joeckel. As for Warmack, cba or not, guards dont have the position value to go that high. Even just last year we saw an wlite guard prospect fall (decastro) bc of position value. I think chance could go top 10, which really speaks volume to his talent (hutchinson went 17th), but i would say the odds are very slim he goes first. Like it or not, in todays nfl, qb is always a possibility at 1. Highest position value, new regime, lower salary so lower risk.
I agree. Even if KC LOVES Warmack and is willing to trade down for less value than the #1 overall should get I think they do that rather than take him at #1. Especially seeing that Cooper is pretty dang good as well and they could easily pick him up in the 2nd with a trade down package.KC is hamstrung here IMO. They need to take either of the top tackles or the best defensive player on their board, likely a Dlineman.

Albert is a free agent, so theyd probably save money by letting him go and drafting joeckel. As for Warmack, cba or not, guards dont have the position value to go that high. Even just last year we saw an wlite guard prospect fall (decastro) bc of position value. I think chance could go top 10, which really speaks volume to his talent (hutchinson went 17th), but i would say the odds are very slim he goes first.

Like it or not, in todays nfl, qb is always a possibility at 1. Highest position value, new regime, lower salary so lower risk.
:goodposting: Last year was certainly telling about how the NFL feels about OG. DeCastro was consistantly rated by everyone as a top 10-12 prospect, but fell to 24. I'd bet my next paycheck that Warmack will be chosen in the 10-15 range.

Still though, the talent is certainly there.

1.03 Shariff Floyd DT - Forida

The Raiders have needs at many positions including DT, OL, DE, CB being the most glaring.

With Seymour being a free agent and Tommy Kelly likely being a cap casualty DT is the most glaring need.

I gave serious consideration of taking one of the top tackles to replace Khalif "false start" Barnes.

Also considered: Joeckel, Fisher, Werner and Domontre Moore.

While I don't think it's likely, I enjoy Andy going outside of the box with that pick. Plus thoroughly explaining it.KC OL: LT- Albert LG-??? C-R. Hudson RG-Warmack RT-Winston That's a pretty darn good OL.

I like the Warmack pick and agree it might be the best pick for KC. But I don't see it happening because for some silly reasons guard is not valued as high as tackle. In the league right now, with the absolute need to have a big offense, the o-line is the most important group of any team. Tackle, guard, center, doesn't matter to me. If you can add an elite prospect to that group you do it without hesitation.

I'm guessing the Eagles drafter will be drooling here since both OT's are available, but I honestly don't think that's the right way to go.

I think the position selection is fine, but Mingo's stock isn't nearly that high.
See what his stock is after today. Just ran a 4.53.
It doesn't add to his game tape.Edit: I think the Floyd pick to the Raiders is the correct one. :thumbup:And one last thing about the Chiefs pick...if they could pick up a ham sandwich to trade out of that #1 pick I think they'd do it.

I'm going to institute a 2 hour time limit here. We'll start it at 1:00 Central, meaning give Slider until then to make a pick.After that we'll go to a 2 hour limit.I know this is just for fun but it's not fun just sitting around.

All reports are Peters is looking great. This is insurance but he can play RT this year better than Joeckel imo.

I'm guessing the Eagles drafter will be drooling here since both OT's are available, but I honestly don't think that's the right way to go.
They do need CB and safety bad but it's a deep draft for those. Jason Peters coming off a torn twice achillies and is 31. Plus Herremans is much better at guard. Very much think it's the right way to go. Although I really like Eric Fisher and he may turn out better I would've went Joeckel.

Just so no-one gets confused here are the selections made to-date:

Round 1

1. Kansas City - Andy D - Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama

2. Jacksonville -jshare87 - Barkevious Mingo, DE - LSU

3. Oakland - krsone21 - Sharrif Floyd, DT - Florida

4. Philadelphia - Slider - OT Eric Fisher -

Up right now:

5. Detroit -

Temramrod

Is on the clock with Detroit’s pick right now.

Here is the teams/selectors after Detroit:

6 Cleveland - Bracie Smathers

7 Arizona - ebaughn

8 Buffalo - Donsmith753

9 NY Jets - HellToupee

10 Tennessee - FUBAR

11 San Diego – Ray Finkle

12 Miami - JackReacher

13 Tampa Bay – RJS113

14 Carolina - jurb26

16 St. Louis - tdmills

17 Pittsburgh - Evilgrin 72

18 Dallas - FunkyTeaParty

19 NY Giants - amicsta

20 Chicago - RBM

21 Cincinnati - yellowdog

22 St. Louis (from Washington) - tdmills

23 Minnesota - FunkyPlutos

24 Indianapolis - Bamac

25 Seattle - biju

26 Green Bay - meyerj31

27 Houston - meecrob

28 Denver - rascal

29 New England – Tackling Dummies

30 Atlanta - Andy D

31 San Francisco - Spin

32 Baltimore - The Hank

Available

15 New Orleans

Now they're saying Lotulelei's "heart condition" could be due to dehydration and isn't much of a concern at all.I'd probably have taken him with the Chief's pick knowing that.

@SI_PeterKing: If you want the draft's top CB, Dee Milliner, you'll probably have to trade ahead of Detroit at 5 to get him.

Users who are viewing this thread