What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft - #1 (1 Viewer)

1.14 - Carolina Panthers, DT Utah Star Lotulelei

Star is a top 5 talent who is plummeting because of a feared heart issue. I don't think it's serious and reports this afternoon re positive. Car could use help inside on the dine but more importantly this is easily the BPA.

Round 1

1. Kansas City - Andy D - Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama

2. Jacksonville -jshare87 - Barkevious Mingo, DE - LSU

3. Oakland - krsone21 - Sharrif Floyd, DT - Florida

4. Philadelphia - Slider - Eric Fisher, OT - Central Michigan

5. Detroit - Tem ramrod - Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M

6. Cleveland - Bracie Smathers - Jarvis Jones, LB - Georgia

7 Arizona - ebaughn -Geno Smith, QB - West Virginia

8 Buffalo - Donsmith753 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - Tennessee

9 NY Jets - Hell Toupee - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB - Oregon

10 Tennessee - FUBAR - Dee Milliner, CB - Alabama

11 San Diego – Ray Finkle - Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma

12 Miami - JackReacher - Bjoern Werner - OLB - Florida St

13 Tampa Bay – RJS113 - Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers

14 Carolina - jurb26 - Star Lotulelei – DT - Utah

15. New Orleans - IHEARTFF - Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB - BYU

16 St. Louis - tdmills -

17 Pittsburgh - Evilgrin 72

18 Dallas - FunkyTeaParty

19 NY Giants - amicsta

20 Chicago - RBM

21 Cincinnati - yellowdog

22 St. Louis (from Washington) - tdmills

23 Minnesota - FunkyPlutos

24 Indianapolis - Bamac

25 Seattle - biju

26 Green Bay - meyerj31

27 Houston - meecrob

28 Denver - rascal

29 New England – Tackling Dummies

30 Atlanta - Andy D

31 San Francisco - Spin

32 Baltimore - The Hank

Last edited by a moderator:
The Saints are coming off a historically bad defensive season. They fired Spagnuolo and hired Rob Ryan. They are switching to a 3-4. They need pass rushers, a NT, and a CB for starters. Mainly they need talent on that side of the ball.Ansah gives them an elite athlete to plug in at OLB and get pressure on the QB. He is a bit raw, but very talented and dominated the senior bowl and combine both. He might not be available at this pick come draft time.

16) St. Louis Rams select: Kenny Vaccaro S TexasThe Rams front 7 is solid with 2 good CBs as well. Vaccaro is athletic and can fly all over the field.

Tampa-Khaseem GreenI'll be back in an hour to give my reasoning.
Ok, so I know most people will think this is a reach, and most Bucs fans won't like the pick. So I just wanted to come back and give my thought process. First of all, I expect the Bucs to be big players in free agency again. Tampa should have around $40 million in cap room when free agency starts. I expect them to address most of their needs in free agency, and then go BPA in the draft. Specifically, I expect the Bucs will sign 2 free agent CBs and a TE (at a minimum). So Greene is the best player available at 13? Maybe not for most teams, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bucs are that high on him. I think Greene's stock is going to soar as the draft gets closer. Whether it's to the Bucs or someone else, Greene will be a first round pick. Greene will shine during the interview process. Ask any of his teammates or coaches about Greene, and the first thing they will say is "Leader". Greg Schiano showed last year that he wants a certain type of player. Khaseem Green epitomizes the kind of player the Bucs are looking for. Schiano knows Green better than anyone, and will make sure he gets his guy. I've read somewhere else that the Bucs wouldn't take Greene because the Strong Side LB only plays 50% of the plays. Whether Greene is the MLB or SLB, he'd stay on the field every down, while Mason Foster leaves the field on 3rd. Greene can even play FS on 3rd down if needed. Greene has only played LB for 2 years, and his tape is outstanding. He has the potential to be a special player.

Nice picks, guys.I do think Greene is a reach for 1st round. But it is a spot that the Bucs would like to improve at. I think they'd go Vaccaro or Banks there, but I like the thinking and reasoning.Ansah and Vaccaro to the Saints and Rams is perfect, IMO.

Nice picks, guys.I do think Greene is a reach for 1st round. But it is a spot that the Bucs would like to improve at. I think they'd go Vaccaro or Banks there, but I like the thinking and reasoning.Ansah and Vaccaro to the Saints and Rams is perfect, IMO.
I was looking to trade down, but didn't get any takers. Hopefully the Bucs could trade down in that situation. Btw, if Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson were there at 13, they would have been the pick.

I don't understand the Tampa pick considering they picked David to play the same spot last year.
Greene would play MLB or SLB. David would stay at WLB. Could even put him at safety. I think SLB would be most likely. Would be a huge upgrade over Adam Hayward/Dakota Watson.

'tdmills said:
16) St. Louis Rams select: Kenny Vaccaro S TexasThe Rams front 7 is solid with 2 good CBs as well. Vaccaro is athletic and can fly all over the field.
Good pick there. With the big OL off, I also like Eifert in this scenario. Safety is deep enough that i think we could wait a tad. Safety is def need tho...We actually could use a couple and vacarro is usually atop the ranks I see.

I was looking to trade down, but didn't get any takers. Hopefully the Bucs could trade down in that situation. Btw, if Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson were there at 13, they would have been the pick.
At risk of sounding like a jerk, you probably could have got him in the second (trade up?). It is unlikely that any of the teams running 34 defenses would be interested in him.

I don't understand the Tampa pick considering they picked David to play the same spot last year.
Greene would play MLB or SLB. David would stay at WLB. Could even put him at safety. I think SLB would be most likely. Would be a huge upgrade over Adam Hayward/Dakota Watson.
I love Greene, even in the first round. With that said, he's as WILL as WILL gets IMO. I think David would be a better fit to move, but that probably wouldn't happen. I love the player, just not the fit.

Nice picks, guys.

I do think Greene is a reach for 1st round. But it is a spot that the Bucs would like to improve at. I think they'd go Vaccaro or Banks there, but I like the thinking and reasoning.

Ansah and Vaccaro to the Saints and Rams is perfect, IMO.
At risk of sounding like a jerk, you probably could have got him in the second (trade up?). It is unlikely that any of the teams running 34 defenses would be interested in him.
Yeah, this. I like the reasoning RJS, but the Bucs can't really afford to reach like that. They need some pass rush, and there were some pretty good pass rushers available at that spot. With Bowers possibly in some trouble for a gun charge in NY, and Clayborn returning from injury I don't see how they can pass up Ansah or DaMontre Moore.

ETA: Michael Bennett is a free agent as well.

I was trying to trade this pick to rascal, but in the interest of keeping things moving

At 1.17, the Steelers select Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

His disastrous combine showing yesterday is driving a free-fall on draft boards, but he insists this was an anomaly and that his Pro Day will set the record straight. The tape shows a top-5 pick, and probably the best pass-rusher in the entire draft. Steelers desperately need to enhance the pass rush, and this guy should be able to assist in that from day 1. Did not expect to see him available here.

I see that Moore played some linebacker at A&M. I was wondering if it would be that easy for him to move from DE to OLB. I guess it might.Dallas could go a lot of ways here. D.J. Fluker, a defensive tackle, or even Eddie Lacy.

What if it were Ogletree instead of Greene?
Intriguing talent, but Schiano has made it pretty clear he won't be tolerating "knuckleheadedness."Tampa's pass defense gave up the most yards in the NFL in 2012. That needs to be addressed in free agency and with this pick, imo.

I see that Moore played some linebacker at A&M. I was wondering if it would be that easy for him to move from DE to OLB. I guess it might.Dallas could go a lot of ways here. D.J. Fluker, a defensive tackle, or even Eddie Lacy.
I think he's more well suited to 3-4 OLB than 4-3 end. He's a pure pass rusher, but could be a liability in coverage, that's the only caveat. The Steelers, however, need someone on the other side of Woodley who can generate heat and drop the QB - Moore may be better suited to that role than anyone in this draft. Werner and Jarvis Jones were two others I thought fit the bill, but both are gone. Dion Jordan and Ansah also could have been molded into 3-4 OLBs, but they're both pretty tall and may end up being 5-tech ends before all is said and done. Moore is the last guy left that I think is a pretty safe bet to be a premium pass rusher in the NFL.This, of course, is assuming there's not something wrong with him or that he's not taking the draft process seriously. If that's the case, I;m sure the interviews would ferret that out, but as I am not privy to them, I have to assume the Steelers would do due diligence and remove him from their draft board if they think he's a hump. This pick is based on what I'm seeing on film - it's the ideal intersection of need and value.

Cowboys select Jonathan Cooper G North CarolinaThere are several ways I could have gone here and a big body on the D line is the way I wanted to go, but I just don't trust that Sheldon Richardson is a guy you can just plug in. Cooper is not a fun pick or a pick I'll be too excited about if it actually happens, but it is much needed. I'm selecting him because I'm sick of not being able to run the ball and I'm sick of Romo getting pressure in his face before he can even get to the top of his drop. I considered a handful of other players here, but I think at least one of them may come back to me in the 2nd round.

I was trying to trade this pick to rascal, but in the interest of keeping things moving

At 1.17, the Steelers select Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M

His disastrous combine showing yesterday is driving a free-fall on draft boards, but he insists this was an anomaly and that his Pro Day will set the record straight. The tape shows a top-5 pick, and probably the best pass-rusher in the entire draft. Steelers desperately need to enhance the pass rush, and this guy should be able to assist in that from day 1. Did not expect to see him available here.
I decided against moving up anyway, sorry for the delay.

Cooper's a great pick there.
I'm a proponent of not necessarily dwelling on need in the first round and going out and getting a star. Obviously there is pretty much no such thing as a "star" guard, but I think Cooper provides the mixture between a great player and a great need. It looks like there is a bit of a drop off at guard after Cooper (with the possible exception of Larry Warford).I was hoping Loutouie would continue to drop, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on Richardson. When I hear someone needs to be coached up I don't want him on Dallas even with a new defensive staff.I also would have had a hard time passing on Vaccaro if he were available. I'm sick of the Cowboys' safeties being horrible too.

FYI, I'm here and have my pick (and alternatives) along with a write-up ready to go. If this gets into the day a few more hours I'll be able to check in every other hour or so from work so please don't skip me.

Ok, tdmills can have this pick for that deal he offered. He can come in, announce the trade and make his pick.

#20 overall pick St. Louis selects Keenan Allen WR CalSam Bradford needs help or at least that's always been the excuse. Brian Quick and Chris Givens were drafted last year to go with Amendola, but none of them have the well rounded game of Keenan Allen. Allen will come in right away and be WR1 in that offense. Allen/Quick on the outside, Givens going deep, Amendola in the slot. Also made this pick with as insurance if Danny Amendola doesn't return. Rumors have it he wants a big time deal, not sure he's worth it. Jeff Fisher also took a big athletic WR in Tennessee in Kenny Britt as well.

The Giants have established themselves as a team that takes the best player available, hopefully also filling a need. They do that here with Sheldon Richardson. A former 5 star recruit, Richardson needed junior college before attending Missouri. He shows explosive burst off the snap (something he showed with his broad jump at the combine) and routinely collapsed the pocket from the interior. He missed most of his sophmore year due to injury, so with only one full year of tape he may be seen as a risk, but to me hes the last elite DT prospect in this class. Conveniently this also fills a need for big blue. After cutting Chris Canty, the Giants would love to have a player like Richardson to play the 3 teq next to Linval Joseph. The Giants pass rush was very soft last year and I have seen many people mocking an end to them here, but Richardson rushing from the inside would improve the pass rish while leaving Tuck and JPP in their natural positions outside. He would allow them to keep there NASCAR package even without osi (i dont think hell be back). All in all, im excited to see richardson no matter where he ends up, but here its to the Giants at 19.

Ok, tdmills can have this pick for that deal he offered. He can come in, announce the trade and make his pick.
What was the deal?
#22 overall and the Rams 4th round pick to Chicago#20 overall pick to the Rams
Sounds right. Make it so. :popcorn:My guess:
Jonathan Cyprien SS Florida International
My guess
WR Tavon Austin, WVU
Really thought about it, but figured Amendola will probably return.

What was the deal?
#22 overall and the Rams 4th round pick to Chicago#20 overall pick to the Rams
Sounds right. Make it so. :popcorn:My guess:
Jonathan Cyprien SS Florida International
My guessWR Tavon Austin, WVU
Really thought about it, but figured Amendola will probably return.Fair enough -- I dont know if Amendola will be back so my guess was Austin since his play is very similar

Users who are viewing this thread