What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft - #1 (1 Viewer)

21 is just way too high when premium big guys are still on the board like the DTs and OTs that went behind him.
But there's more than enough DT's and OT's that can be had in the 2nd but there aren't an abundance of RBs that fit the Bengals scheme which Lacy does to a "T".
Not saying he doesn't fit their scheme or that he won't be productive... you just didn't get good value there. In reality, if the Bengals were targeting Lacy, they almost certainly would have traded back 6+ spots to where the last of the premium lineman went off the board and taken him then.

Guys like Fluker are better than the OTs available in the 2nd round to a greater degree than Lacy is to the 2nd round RBs... which is the definition of value.
To who? I think you're making too many things up to justify your opinion.
:goodposting: I'd rather wait and grab a Watson or 2nd tier OT vs a 2nd tier RB(assuming Gio is gone) who the heck is even there? Stepfan Taylor, Jon Franklin, yuck
Here's where we continue to disagree. I think Stepfan Taylor is going to be a great pick in the lower second. I would much, much rather have a Fluker/Taylor combo than a Lacy/Watson. Not even particularly close, either. You guys are thinking way too much about fantasy and not real football. I'm also shocked at the WRs that have been taken already. Way too high, IMO. This is not a stud WR class. The first one will likely be takin mid to low 1st, and a slew of them in the 2nd and later. Anyone taking a WR in the first 20 picks is reaching.
I've watched at least 7 games of both Lacy/Taylor, they're not even within 2 rounds of each other IMO.Lacy steps into Cinci and they automatically have a starter better than BJGE. They wait, draft Fluker(if they resign Andre Smith doesn't make sense) and draft Taylor(is BJGE's backup). Not sure how that makes them better.
:goodposting: I have no issue with the Lacy pick. I think he is def a 1st rd talent.

21 is just way too high when premium big guys are still on the board like the DTs and OTs that went behind him.
But there's more than enough DT's and OT's that can be had in the 2nd but there aren't an abundance of RBs that fit the Bengals scheme which Lacy does to a "T".
Don't even joke about this. The Bengals fanatical obsession with stockpiling DT's must be stopped. They didn't need one last year and still spent their 2nd and 3rd round picks on them to be inactive. Seriously, PLEASE do not encourage the habit. We're trying to quit.

Round 2, right? :D
Yep...Round 233. Jacksonville 34. Kansas City 35. Philadelphia 36. Detroit37. Cincinnati (from Oakland)38. Arizona***Cleveland*** - Josh Gordon39. NY Jets40. Tennessee 41. Buffalo42. Miami 43. Tampa Bay44. Carolina*** New Orleans*** - Forfeited because they're meanies.45. San Diego46. St. Louis47. Dallas48. Pittsburgh49. NY Giants50. Chicago51. Washington52. Minnesota53. Cincinnati54. Miami (from Indianapolis)55. Green Bay 56. Seattle57. Houston58. Denver59. New England60. Atlanta61. San Francisco 62. Baltimore

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm the GM/coach for the Broncos, I'm also announcing that Champ is moving to FS and Rahim the Dream can be found glued to goal post covered in ####.

To help set up the second round.Round 233. Jacksonville - jshare87 - Barkevious Mingo, DE - LSU34. Kansas City - Andy D - Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama35. Philadelphia - Slider - Eric Fisher, OT - Central Michigan36. Detroit - Tem ramrod - Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M37. Cincinnati (from Oakland) - yellowdog - Eddie Lacy, RB - Alabama38. Arizona - ebaughn -Geno Smith, QB - West Virginia-Cleveland Bracie Smathers - (2012 supplemental selection) Jarvis Jones, LB - Georgia39. NY Jets - Hell Toupee - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB - Oregon40. Tennessee - FUBAR - Dee Milliner, CB - Alabama41. Buffalo - Donsmith753 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - Tennessee42. Miami - JackReacher - Bjoern Werner - OLB - Florida St43. Tampa Bay - RJS113 - Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers44. Carolina - jurb26 - Star Lotulelei – DT - Utah- New Orleans - IHEARTFF rule violation forfeit Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB - BYU45. San Diego - Ray Finkle - Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma46. St. Louis - tdmills - Kenny Vaccaro, S - Texas AND (from Chicago) - Keenan Allen WR Cal47. Dallas - FunkyTeaParty Jonathan Cooper, OG - North Carolina48. Pittsburgh - Evilgrin 72Damontre Moore, OLB - Texas A&M49. NY Giants - amicstaSheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou50. Chicago - RBM(from St. Louis) - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State51. Washington - ???- 000 - No first round selection52. Minnesota - FunkyPlutosManti Te'o, LB - Notre Dame53. Cincinnati - yellowdogEddie Lacy, Running Back - Alabama54. Miami (from Indianapolis) - JackReacherBjoern Werner - OLB - Florida St 55. Green Bay - meyerj31 D.J. Fluker, OT - OT Alabama 56. Seattle - biju Sylvester Williams, DT - North Carolina57. Houston - meecrobTavon Austin, WR - WVU58. Denver - rascalDesmond Trufant, CB - Washington 59. New England - Tackling DummiesEric Reid, S - LSU60. Atlanta - Andy DCornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE - FSU61. San Francisco - SpinDatone Jones, DE, UCLA62. Baltimore - The Hank Alec Ogletree, LB - Georgia

2.2 - Kansas City - Matt Barkley, QB - Southern CaliforniaEven if they acquire Alex Smith, Barkley is much more of a long term solution. I think he's been unfairly lumped in with other USC QBs and his last season was the aberration and his 2011 campaign is the true one.Should fit well with Reid's WCO style.

2.2 - Kansas City - Matt Barkley, QB - Southern CaliforniaEven if they acquire Alex Smith, Barkley is much more of a long term solution. I think he's been unfairly lumped in with other USC QBs and his last season was the aberration and his 2011 campaign is the true one.Should fit well with Reid's WCO style.
Agreed. I would take him at 33.

I'm fully expecting this to actually go down--nice pick.The top of the second round is going to see 3 or 4 QBs selected. It's entirely possible that the Ravens or SF trades down to a team looking to jump ahead of KC just for this situation.

Waiting for Philly to pick but Lions have to go D here. I am looking at DB or a speed rusher from the DE or OLB spot.Peace

I really like the Warmack/Barkley picks for KC. Bold but it was a nice gamble on a 2nd round QB. I think Barkely is the first underrated USC QB in a while.For my Cowboys, I'd have gone Richardson at DT. Brent is gone and Ratliff, if still around might be in the decline. Anyways, we still need another DT moving to the 4-3. Copper is good guard, but I think this is a case of getting caught up in the media negativity on the o-line (which is valid) and filling a hole to please the masses. Even if Copper and Richardson are of equal talent, the scarcity and impact of DT to OG is huge. Guards will be there later.

I seriously thought about trading up for Austin, but there are other WRs available that I like for the slot position (didn't say better).Would like to trade down as there are a lot of defensive prospects that could help the Broncos.Since nobody will, Denver selects Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington.
:thumbup: easily BPA there, imo. And fits a need.

Philly did pick but they didn't note that they were Philly so it got lost.

To make things clear.

DETROIT is up right now.

Round 2

33. Jacksonville - jshare87 - Matt Elam, SS - Florida.

Barkevious Mingo, DE - LSU

34. Kansas City - Andy D - Matt Barkley, QB - Southern California

Chance Warmack, OG - Alabama

35. Philadelphia - Slider - Larry Warford, OG - Kentucky.

Eric Fisher, OT - Central Michigan

36. Detroit - Tem ramrod - -

Luke Joeckel, OT - Texas A&M

37. Cincinnati (from Oakland) - yellowdog - -

Eddie Lacy, RB - Alabama

38. Arizona - ebaughn - -

Geno Smith, QB - West Virginia

-Cleveland Bracie Smathers - (2012 supplemental selection)

Jarvis Jones, LB - Georgia

39. NY Jets - Hell Toupee - -

Dion Jordan, DE/OLB - Oregon

40. Tennessee - FUBAR - -

Dee Milliner, CB - Alabama

41. Buffalo - Donsmith753 - -

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR - Tennessee

42. Miami - JackReacher - -

Bjoern Werner - OLB - Florida St

43. Tampa Bay - RJS113 - -

Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers

44. Carolina - jurb26 - -

Star Lotulelei – DT - Utah

- New Orleans - IHEARTFF - rule violation forfeit

Ezekiel Ansah – DE/OLB - BYU

45. San Diego - Ray Finkle - -

Lane Johnson, OT - Oklahoma

46. St. Louis - tdmills - -

Kenny Vaccaro, S - Texas AND (from Chicago) - Keenan Allen WR Cal

47. Dallas - FunkyTeaParty - -

Jonathan Cooper, OG - North Carolina

48. Pittsburgh - Evilgrin 72 - -

Damontre Moore, OLB - Texas A&M

49. NY Giants - amicsta - -

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Mizzou

50. Chicago - RBM - -

(from St. Louis) - Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State

51. Washington - ??? - -

- 000 - No first round selection

52. Minnesota - FunkyPlutos - -

Manti Te'o, LB - Notre Dame

53. Cincinnati - yellowdog - -

Eddie Lacy, Running Back - Alabama

54. Miami (from Indianapolis) - JackReacher - -

Bjoern Werner - OLB - Florida St

55. Green Bay - meyerj31 - -

D.J. Fluker, OT - OT Alabama

56. Seattle - biju - -

Sylvester Williams, DT - North Carolina

57. Houston - meecrob - -

Tavon Austin, WR - WVU

58. Denver - rascal - -

Desmond Trufant, CB - Washington

59. New England - Tackling Dummies - -

Eric Reid, S - LSU

60. Atlanta - Andy D - -

Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, DE - FSU

61. San Francisco - Spin - -

Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

62. Baltimore - The Hank - -

Alec Ogletree, LB - Georgia

Waiting for Philly to pick but Lions have to go D here. I am looking at DB or a speed rusher from the DE or OLB spot.Peace
But then again, I am drafting like it it is my Lions. they react to last year. and we had one glaring weakness that the GM admitted he did not account for so...With the 36th pick in the 2013 NFL draft....2.4 Giovani Bernard RB North CarolinaMay God have mercy on my soul.Peace

Larry Warford OG Kentucky.

We will have a dominant Oline for years,
crissakes...hate it when peeps dont use pick numbers. Lions on the clock.peace
My bad. Was in a hurry to get it posted.
I blame the people keeping the list ;) peace
Um, how about when people make a pick they put the name of the NFL TEAM they are picking for.Right now TemRamrod has just picked for DETROIT 36. Detroit - Tem ramrod - Giovani Bernard, RB - North Carolina

Yellowdog said he left a list with Andy so Andy should be able to update Cincy's pick.

Eddie Lacy, RB - Alabama

Cleveland has no pick in the second round so after Arizona picks we go directly to The New York Jets.

Sorta helps if people state the NAME OF THE NLF TEAM they are picking and also state who is up next so we can keep things going without anyone getting confused.

Larry Warford OG Kentucky.

We will have a dominant Oline for years,
crissakes...hate it when peeps dont use pick numbers. Lions on the clock.peace
My bad. Was in a hurry to get it posted.
I blame the people keeping the list ;) peace
Um, how about when people make a pick they put the name of the NFL TEAM they are picking for.Right now TemRamrod has just picked for DETROIT 36. Detroit - Tem ramrod - Giovani Bernard, RB - North Carolina

Yellowdog said he left a list with Andy so Andy should be able to update Cincy's pick.

Eddie Lacy, RB - Alabama

Cleveland has no pick in the second round so after Arizona picks we go directly to The New York Jets.

Sorta helps if people state the NAME OF THE NLF TEAM they are picking and also state who is up next so we can keep things going without anyone getting confused.
It was a ligthhearted comment Bracie, but thank you for running the list. Duly notedpeacfe

For the Fluker pick... if he actually falls this far, I can't the Packers passing up that value, even if Bulaga/Sherrod come back healthy. I'm not certain Sherrod will ever play again after that broken leg, and there's such a premium on the big guys. The Packers will give an extension to Rodgers over the off-season and they can't afford another year of 50+ sacks.I would have liked to get a monster DT here but no one of high enough value fell, and I think Fluker has more value than the next wave of DTs.
That was a good pick. Your GM would be proud of the value you got there. I would have traded up for him, but his combine scared me a bit.
I don't think it is a bad pick, but he is another right tackle (I know he played LT at Bama - no way he makes that in the pro's) and he is a run blocker, which is not exactly what the Packers typically look for. While I can't fault this pick, other than the fact I think if this is the situation TT finds himself in, I expect to see him trade the pick. I see a lot of great 2/3 round picks but not a lot of 1st round picks left for the Pack. If someone had a hard on, TT will move this pick

Found it amusing that I read 4 updated mocks today after making the Steelers' pick and all 4 mocks had Damontre Moore going to Pittsburgh.
As a fellow Steelers fan I hope you & those 4 mocks are wrong. I don't mind the position, its just a Moore thing
He has his flaws, no doubt, but you have to remember that he's barely 20 years old and put up better stats at A&M than Von Miller did, playing the same position. I'd probably have taken most of the other OLB prospects ahead of him, but in this mock, he's all that was left. I'm not taking Lacy, Austin, or Keenan Allen at #17, Vaccaro went one pick ahead. It was down to Moore or one other guy, but although the other guy will likely be long gone when the Steelers pick again at #50 (I think) - a more reasonable facsimile of that guy will be available than will a pass rusher.What Moore lacks in explosion and refinement, he makes up for with a variety of pass rush moves and a non-stop motor. He may not have the physical upside of Werner, Ansah, Jordan, or Mingo, but if you consider that as a 19-year-old sophomore, he had 85 tackles, 21.5 TFL and 8.5 sacks as a stand-up OLB, the production and the ability to play in our scheme are there. Add to that the fact that he upped that total to 12.5 sacks as a junior in the best conference in the country and he's worth a shot. I'd have felt much better taking him in round 2, but I don't see a chance in hell he drops that far.
My comment wasn't an indictment on your pick . They way the board fell its the right move there , I just hope it falls much different

Meh the values line up on the draft chart. Figured it'd buy time too. But I like the pick.

Found it amusing that I read 4 updated mocks today after making the Steelers' pick and all 4 mocks had Damontre Moore going to Pittsburgh.
As a fellow Steelers fan I hope you & those 4 mocks are wrong. I don't mind the position, its just a Moore thing
He has his flaws, no doubt, but you have to remember that he's barely 20 years old and put up better stats at A&M than Von Miller did, playing the same position. I'd probably have taken most of the other OLB prospects ahead of him, but in this mock, he's all that was left. I'm not taking Lacy, Austin, or Keenan Allen at #17, Vaccaro went one pick ahead. It was down to Moore or one other guy, but although the other guy will likely be long gone when the Steelers pick again at #50 (I think) - a more reasonable facsimile of that guy will be available than will a pass rusher.What Moore lacks in explosion and refinement, he makes up for with a variety of pass rush moves and a non-stop motor. He may not have the physical upside of Werner, Ansah, Jordan, or Mingo, but if you consider that as a 19-year-old sophomore, he had 85 tackles, 21.5 TFL and 8.5 sacks as a stand-up OLB, the production and the ability to play in our scheme are there. Add to that the fact that he upped that total to 12.5 sacks as a junior in the best conference in the country and he's worth a shot. I'd have felt much better taking him in round 2, but I don't see a chance in hell he drops that far.
My comment wasn't an indictment on your pick . They way the board fell its the right move there , I just hope it falls much different
Oh, I know. This was more me talking myself into Moore, as it's beginning to look like he may be the guy when this goes down for real.

This is where the Vikings would trade Percy Harvin to the Jets.Well, they'd try. But then they'd face the same situation with a WR that they're facing with Revis. So...maybe not.

Users who are viewing this thread