Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

This is Ben Roethlisberger's offense now and if you listen to what he has said over the past couple of weeks Conner is going to remain in the mix.   It will really depend on 1) how quickly Bell can come up to speed  and 2) the game circumstances each week.    Of course all of this depends on when he reports (if at all).

1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

This is Ben Roethlisberger's offense now and if you listen to what he has said over the past couple of weeks Conner is going to remain in the mix.   It will really depend on 1) how quickly Bell can come up to speed  and 2) the game circumstances each week.    Of course all of this depends on when he reports (if at all).

He's going to report next Saturday - he'll get the week under his belt, paycheck for being there, & won't have to play a down. 

Just now, fantasycurse42 said:

He's going to report next Saturday - he'll get the week under his belt, paycheck for being there, & won't have to play a down. 

We will see.  There were reports he was going to report last Friday or Saturday for the same reason but he didn't.    If he is trying to minimize wear/tear and injury risk the logical thing for him to do is to report the Friday or Saturday before week 10.

Just now, Godsbrother said:

We will see.  There were reports he was going to report last Friday or Saturday for the same reason but he didn't.    If he is trying to minimize wear/tear and injury risk the logical thing for him to do is to report the Friday or Saturday before week 10.

If there ever was a way to drive your value lower when chasing a contract, I'd be interested in seeing it. 

By the start of next season, hopefully we'll be able to figure out how much money he actually cost himself.

1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

Leveon is better and has a much longer track record?

Correct, thank you.

Can't say I read your last post, sorry.  Way too long and too much effort for the non debatable fact.

My 15 second copy paste job illustrated this fact just fine.  

Edited by matuski

2 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

First, the Steelers are not obligated to pay Bell his salary during the bye week.  

And considering that Bell has made this into an entirely business decision, I'd hope the Steelers won't.

Beyond that, it will depend on what happens with the 2 week roster exemption.  From Mike Florio....

As explained at the time, once the roster cuts to 53 occur, a franchise-tagged player and his team must agree in writing to his compensation while on roster-exempt status before he signs the tender. If they can’t strike a deal, the player’s only option is to not sign the tender.

In early September, before it became clear Bell wouldn’t be showing up before the first game of the regular season, coach Mike Tomlin told reporters that he believes the Steelers already had applied for a roster exemption for Bell. Team spokesman Burt Lauten then informed the media that the team believes it can’t apply for a roster exemption until Bell signs the tender.

But the tender can’t be signed until there’s a written agreement as to what Bell would receive while exempt from the roster, for up to two weeks. So the dog may end up chasing it’s tail on this one, soon.

Edited by Steelers4Life

2 hours ago, matuski said:

Correct, thank you.

Can't say I read your last post, sorry.  Way too long and too much effort for the non debatable fact.

My 15 second copy paste job illustrated this fact just fine.  

I'm not going to compare his talents to Conner, but I will say my opinion on him has diminished while watching Conner. 

However you want to frame it, guy is on pace to run for 1,200 yards at almost 4.5 a carry and 17 TDs, while catching 70 passes for 685 yard at 10 yards a catch. 

You have to start asking what part of Bell's production is system related? I know he is very talented, but how will that talent perform in a different system? 

Conner appears at worst to be a very capable 3 down back for their system at a fraction of the cost of Bell.

14 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I'm not going to compare his talents to Conner, but I will say my opinion on him has diminished while watching Conner. 

However you want to frame it, guy is on pace to run for 1,200 yards at almost 4.5 a carry and 17 TDs, while catching 70 passes for 685 yard at 10 yards a catch. 

You have to start asking what part of Bell's production is system related? I know he is very talented, but how will that talent perform in a different system? 

Conner appears at worst to be a very capable 3 down back for their system at a fraction of the cost of Bell.

Even if Bell is more talented, Conner is clearly talented enough. There is no way that the cost differential going forward would be worth it to squeeze an extra couple of percent more from Bell.

4 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

First, the Steelers are not obligated to pay Bell his salary during the bye week.  

The $853k per week is his $14.5mm contract divided by 17 weeks?  Why would they not have to pay him over the bye week (assuming he had reported on say Monday).

15 minutes ago, bryhamm said:

The $853k per week is his $14.5mm contract divided by 17 weeks?  Why would they not have to pay him over the bye week (assuming he had reported on say Monday).

I am pretty sure this was reported earlier in the thread - something about the CBA not requiring players to be paid for a bye week.

On Thursday, NFL Network reported that, since the Steelers are in their bye week, they were not obligated to pay Bell his weekly salary if he signed his franchise tag this week. That's probably why Bell elected to extend his holdout another [week] as opposed to returning to the team during their bye. Two weeks ago, Bell told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler that he was planning to return to the team before their Week 8 matchup against the Browns. Bell has until Nov. 13 to sign his tag or he will be ineligible to play this season. 

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am pretty sure this was reported earlier in the thread - something about the CBA not requiring players to be paid for a bye week.

On Thursday, NFL Network reported that, since the Steelers are in their bye week, they were not obligated to pay Bell his weekly salary if he signed his franchise tag this week. That's probably why Bell elected to extend his holdout another [week] as opposed to returning to the team during their bye. Two weeks ago, Bell told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler that he was planning to return to the team before their Week 8 matchup against the Browns. Bell has until Nov. 13 to sign his tag or he will be ineligible to play this season. 

Thanks.  Must have missed that.  Sounds like it is specific to him signing this week then.  Had he signed a few weeks ago, then he would have gotten his $853k for the bye week.

Let's work around trying to decide if Conner is better than Bell (in 2018).

After seeing Conner play, and how effective he has been, is there anyone here who still thinks the PS should have given Bell the guaranteed money he wanted (probably in excess of $30M), knowing that Conner is costing them less than $1M per year?

There certainly seemed to be a lot of posters who were blowing this horn early in the year.  Do you still think the PS made a mistake?

Inquiring minds want to know...

He's not better than Bell but he is more bang for the buck for the team. he's worth more than he's getting paid. Bell is probably worth less than he'd be getting paid on the contract offered. On the other hand a lot of guys are way over paid and a lot of guys are way underpaid. I(t's all part of the business

Edited by lod001
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/1053430866301587457

One of most impressive aspects of #Steelers James Conner upgrading on LeVeon Bell is that Conner has done so while facing NFL's third-highest % of 8+ man fronts. Been a rough 6 weeks for Bell's on-field value.

all the Bell supporter commentary is pure comedy.

The reason for the 8 man boxes is because it's Conner and not Bell. This year, the Steelers don't have a reliable 3rd WR option and (I believe) have run a lot more 2 TE sets or used Switzer out of the backfield, providing additional blocking for Conner to deal with the guys up front.  Defenses don't need to worry much about Conner running real pass routes, but they have to watch the WRs and TEs so much that it generally leaves Conner free underneath to catch simple dump offs or quick outs when other guys are covered.

Defenses played a lot differently when Bell was in there because he could lineup or shift out wide or in the slot and present a real problem for the defense. 

It's the kind of thing you'd only know by, you know, watching the games and looking beyond the fantasy stats like a guy like Silva. But then again, that's what he's supposed to do, and Conner is plenty talented enough to take full advantage of the situation he's in.

2 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

Defenses don't need to worry much about Conner running real pass routes,

?Conner third in the league in RB routes ran and averaging more ypr than Bell.  We already went over this.  Keep ignoring reality :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

?Conner third in the league in RB routes ran and averaging more ypr than Bell.  We already went over this.  Keep ignoring reality :thumbup:

He runs routes because of the nature of the offense he's in, and he doesn't get the kind of attention Bell did when he ran routes. I'd expect that.

Like I said, watch the games sometime. I've watched Conner through his entire time at Pitt and I've barely missed any Steelers game snaps since I was about 10, or the last 30 years. We get it... you own Conner and you want to believe whatever you want to believe. There's a reason why no one who actually watches them agrees with you.

To you, reality = fantasy stats. I guess on a fantasy football message board that's expected for some people. Numbers and fantasy stats do not equate to talent. If you don't understand that, so be it.

• Like 3

Who is Le'Veon Bell?  I forgot about him...

Seriously though, this hold out is idiotic.  Any GM with half a brain probably wouldn't give him the deal he wants anyways, but even the GMs with zero brains are probably wondering about his actual desire to play football.  He won't even play this year for the highest salary at his position in the league - what's his attitude and desire to play going to be like after he gets that guaranteed money?

Increasing teams' perception of the risk of acquiring you is not a good way to get a giant deal.

• Like 2

Sooo...Jacksonville...who clearly is an Rb needy team trades a fifth for Hyde.

Doubt any RB needy team left would be lucky enough to get away with a fifth, but Hyde isn't a slouch.

2 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

He runs routes because of the nature of the offense he's in, and he doesn't get the kind of attention Bell did when he ran routes. I'd expect that.

Like I said, watch the games sometime. I've watched Conner through his entire time at Pitt and I've barely missed any Steelers game snaps since I was about 10, or the last 30 years. We get it... you own Conner and you want to believe whatever you want to believe. There's a reason why no one who actually watches them agrees with you.

To you, reality = fantasy stats. I guess on a fantasy football message board that's expected for some people. Numbers and fantasy stats do not equate to talent. If you don't understand that, so be it.

:lmao: Bell is a better talent but real life stats don't back it up.  Hilarious.

6 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

:lmao: Bell is a better talent but real life stats don't back it up.  Hilarious.

As people always say:  Stats can be made to say whatever you want.

1.  Bell hasn't played a snap this year, with this version of the Steelers.  We don't know how good he would do in similar situations this year.  You want to take stats from last season and make a straight line comparison.  It's a quick/easy way to look at it.  But there's so many factors.

2.  Teams respect Leveon Bell as much as any RB in the league.  You have to build your defense around stopping the guy.  Conner has performed great, but he's not on that level.  I haven't watched more than 2 or 3 steelers games--but I think common sense dictates that teams are trying to stop the pass a bit more with Bell out of the picture--and Conner has benefited.  

3.  Conner has a crazy good game, and the inclination is to say "See, Bell wouldn't have done better."  And I think that's a huge assumption.  Conner is talented.  Bell is one of the best backs in the league.  If Conner gets 120 yards, is it possible Bell gets 130?  140? Maybe he makes a tackler miss that Conner doesn't and gets 1 more huge play.  Maybe he gets a first down that Conner doesn't.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

The reason for the 8 man boxes is because it's Conner and not Bell. This year, the Steelers don't have a reliable 3rd WR option and (I believe) have run a lot more 2 TE sets or used Switzer out of the backfield, providing additional blocking for Conner to deal with the guys up front.  Defenses don't need to worry much about Conner running real pass routes, but they have to watch the WRs and TEs so much that it generally leaves Conner free underneath to catch simple dump offs or quick outs when other guys are covered.

Defenses played a lot differently when Bell was in there because he could lineup or shift out wide or in the slot and present a real problem for the defense. 

It's the kind of thing you'd only know by, you know, watching the games and looking beyond the fantasy stats like a guy like Silva. But then again, that's what he's supposed to do, and Conner is plenty talented enough to take full advantage of the situation he's in.

Boy, things change fast. A couple weeks ago, we were being told the reason Ben was throwing so many interceptions was because teams didn't respect Conner as a runner like they did Bell, so they were dropping more guys into coverage.  Now, they're putting more men in the box  because they don't fear him as a receiver, even though he's running a lot of routes and has a high ypr. But that doesn't mean they fear him as a runner. I'm waiting for the next defensive strategy: the only reason Conner is scoring so many touchdowns is that defenses are letting him score so that their offenses can get  the ball back sooner against the Steelers' pathetic defense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jm192 said:

3.  Conner has a crazy good game, and the inclination is to say "See, Bell wouldn't have done better."  And I think that's a huge assumption.  Conner is talented.  Bell is one of the best backs in the league.  If Conner gets 120 yards, is it possible Bell gets 130?  140? Maybe he makes a tackler miss that Conner doesn't and gets 1 more huge play.  Maybe he gets a first down that Conner doesn't.  

Or maybe Conner runs over a guy like Burfict and gets another 15 yards when Bell would have been slammed to the ground.

Bell is an elite RB.  Top 3 when he is right.  

Conner is running great.  Maybe a Top 10-15 fantasy RB this year (overall) after Bell comes back.  

The difference between the two backs IMO is that entire teams KNOW Bell can give the Steelers 10 receptions in a game. The receiving skills coming out of the backfield, the strength/speed combo, and the football IQ.  Very few players have his field awareness that I can remember (and it shows up in plays and with the team in different ways).

IMO Conner and Bell are going to be just fine in the back field together.  But don't be surprised if Bell becomes more of a 3rd down back/#3 WR now.  Maybe put back in the backfield when things get sticky. 

Which for fantasy purposes, in ppr, I think could work out just fine.  

1 hour ago, apalmer said:

Boy, things change fast. A couple weeks ago, we were being told the reason Ben was throwing so many interceptions was because teams didn't respect Conner as a runner like they did Bell, so they were dropping more guys into coverage.  Now, they're putting more men in the box  because they don't fear him as a receiver, even though he's running a lot of routes and has a high ypr. But that doesn't mean they fear him as a runner. I'm waiting for the next defensive strategy: the only reason Conner is scoring so many touchdowns is that defenses are letting him score so that their offenses can get  the ball back sooner against the Steelers' pathetic defense.

I don't know who was saying that, but I'm guessing it was someone who wasnt watching. I think this is just a case of ticking people, not being around, and people have a short memory of both what he can do and how much an impact he has on defenses.

The men in the box has everything to do with the formations and personnel the Steelers are using, not who's in the backfield. And its crystal clear that while Conner can catch short passes and turn upfield, hes not as respected or as accounted for in the passing game as Bell was.

I honestly dont think Conner is any less of a runner though... He has a bit of an ability to pause and hit the hole like Bell, but his power and vision have really inproved this year,

People who own Connner will believe what they want, and I've been a huge fan of his since he was a freshman at Pitt. But it's honestly not worth debating talent with someone who thinks numbers tell the whole story.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Sooo...Jacksonville...who clearly is an Rb needy team trades a fifth for Hyde.

Doubt any RB needy team left would be lucky enough to get away with a fifth, but Hyde isn't a slouch.

That definitely brought down the market. David Johnson coming back after a year off and not succeeding doesn't help him either.

Then look back to the last time the Steelers didn't have a top 10 RB. The Steelers would be fine if they lost Bell.  I doubt Bell finds a better situation for the cash he is asking.   

Anyone who thinks numbers are just manipulated fantasy stats while backing a gut check narrative is not doing things right. I don’t see anyone here comparing ADOT, Air Yards, Routes Run, Route Tree success of Bell vs Conner. No one here is a professional scout. I don’t care if you’ve watched since you were wearing diapers or what kind of narrative that makes you believe in the magical “special” RB but they very rarely exist. Most are 80-90% products of their Oline and surrounding offense. If you don’t believe me, maybe go ask Todd Gurley (89 more carries vs. 6 in the box than the rest of the league) or DJ (running majority of his carries directly into the center and not running any routes outside of screens).

Edited by Bojang0301

I do believe bad RB’s exist though. Lamar Miller is awful: seeing the least 8 man boxes outside of Todd Gurley and averaging a full yard less. Jamaal Williams another example for many, many reasons I’ve stated in the Jamaal Williams thread. Most RB’s are closer to replacement level than I think were comfortable with acknowledging as a community right now. 

14 minutes ago, Bojang0301 said:

I do believe bad RB’s exist though. Lamar Miller is awful: seeing the least 8 man boxes outside of Todd Gurley and averaging a full yard less. Jamaal Williams another example for many, many reasons I’ve stated in the Jamaal Williams thread. Most RB’s are closer to replacement level than I think were comfortable with acknowledging as a community right now. 

Texans have the worst oline in football and it's not close. 

1 hour ago, Bojang0301 said:

Anyone who thinks numbers are just manipulated fantasy stats while backing a gut check narrative is not doing things right. I don’t see anyone here comparing ADOT, Air Yards, Routes Run, Route Tree success of Bell vs Conner. No one here is a professional scout. I don’t care if you’ve watched since you were wearing diapers or what kind of narrative that makes you believe in the magical “special” RB but they very rarely exist. Most are 80-90% products of their Oline and surrounding offense. If you don’t believe me, maybe go ask Todd Gurley (89 more carries vs. 6 in the box than the rest of the league) or DJ (running majority of his carries directly into the center and not running any routes outside of screens).

No one here claims to be a professional scout. But if you watch regularly and long enough, you can clearly see how defenses attack the Steelers offense based on the personnel on the field. Stat geeks who don't watch the games don't see that, they just see YPC and YPR, but there are reasons for it and most of it is blocking, scheme, and personnel more than talent.

What sets Bell aside from Conner is how he impacted the way defenses played. The Steelers WR depth was stronger and performed better last year, but Bell's threat of running routes and splitting out wide forced defenses to defend a lot differently than they do now. The offense is still explosive because the talent is still great, but it's crystal clear about how much defenses respected Bell's ability as a receiver compared to Conner's, and that's let to some openings for Conner that Bell would never have seen. Conner has plenty of talent to take advantage of it, too.... I'm the last one to knock Conner's talent.

The passing game threat is still great because of Ben, Brown, JuJu, and the plays James and McDonald can make, but there's not enough that'll force a defense into bringing an extra DB in unless they run Washington out wide or Switzer in the slot, so yes, I'd expect them to face more 8 man fronts this year than last.

The fact that Gurley faces so many 6 man fronts has nothing to do with him. It's because the Rams run 3 and 4 WR sets so often that it opens everything up for him. 

• Like 3

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, Steelers executives believe it's "more likely" holdout RB Le'Veon Bell returns in Week 9.

Bell was thought to be targeting Week 8 for his return but now that seems unlikely. It appears Bell is waiting to see what happens at next week's trade deadline before ending his holdout. The disgruntled running back can't be traded until he signs his franchise tender, though the Steelers could get around this by granting a trade partner permission to speak with him. The Eagles would seem to be the best fit for Bell given their need at running back, though the sides haven't made much progress in recent trade discussions. When Bell reaches free agency in 2019, he'll reportedly be seeking a long-term deal worth $17 million annually with "heavy guarantees."

Source: CBS Sports

Oct 21 - 9:55 AM

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Le'Veon Bell did not report to the team on Monday morning.

Bell had been expected to return during the bye week, but Jason La Canfora reported Sunday it is "more likely" the running back returns to the team ahead of Week 9. It seems like no one except Bell really knows when he plans to report, and it remains possible he takes his holdout all the way through Week 10, after which he has to report to earn an accrued season and become a free agent. It appears as if James Conner will get at least one more game if not more of workhorse usage.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Oct 22 - 9:23 AM

If he didn’t report last week to cash a free $900K, he’s not reporting this week.  Definitely looking like it’ll be after the trade deadline, which I believe is 10/30 or 10/31.  Sucks for Bell/Conner owners, as I was hoping he’d report last week and get dealt.

1 minute ago, SayWhat? said:

If he didn’t report last week to cash a free $900K, he’s not reporting this week.  Definitely looking like it’ll be after the trade deadline, which I believe is 10/30 or 10/31.  Sucks for Bell/Conner owners, as I was hoping he’d report last week and get dealt.

As has been reported multiple times, the Steelers weren't required to pay him for last week's bye week even if he HAD reported.

I'll still be surprised if he reports before he has to, and I'll be equally surprised if the Steelers don't attempt to use the two week roster exemption on him and attempt to reduce his pay for those two weeks. Based on what has also been reported, if the Steelers apply for the two week roster exemption and they cannot come to an agreement on pay for those two weeks, Bell's only recourse is to not sign the tender at all, and I can't see that happening.

He's made it clear since the season started that his priority is not this season. He doesn't care about this season, and he's not going to be dealt because no team is going to give up anything for a guy who's sent that message loud and clear. That was wishful thinking all along. Bell's only leverage in this would've been Conner underperforming or getting hurt, and neither has happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

As has been reported multiple times, the Steelers weren't required to pay him for last week's bye week even if he HAD reported.

Ahhh, I thought I heard he would’ve been paid.  My mistake.  Still don’t see him reporting this week.

1 hour ago, Steelers4Life said:

I'll still be surprised if he reports before he has to, and I'll be equally surprised if the Steelers don't attempt to use the two week roster exemption on him and attempt to reduce his pay for those two weeks. Based on what has also been reported, if the Steelers apply for the two week roster exemption and they cannot come to an agreement on pay for those two weeks, Bell's only recourse is to not sign the tender at all, and I can't see that happening.

He's made it clear since the season started that his priority is not this season. He doesn't care about this season, and he's not going to be dealt because no team is going to give up anything for a guy who's sent that message loud and clear. That was wishful thinking all along. Bell's only leverage in this would've been Conner underperforming or getting hurt, and neither has happened.

This will make it very tough for Fantasy Owners of both Conner & Bell. If he reports we 10, they put the two week roster exemption on him, then he comes back week 12. Many playoffs start the following week. Bell hanging around on the Steelers roster not knowing if he'll be used or not, how much, will be very intriguing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Bell watch is on..

ETA I think Wednesday is most likely.

What are you basing this on? Seems highly unlikely 

I don't see a reason he comes in until he has to to get the year counting towards FA. Apparently the lost $ is not forcing his hand. The only reason there was speculation about last week was to get in and be traded. My guess is that never got close to a deal with any team.

58 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I don't see a reason he comes in until he has to to get the year counting towards FA. Apparently the lost $ is not forcing his hand. The only reason there was speculation about last week was to get in and be traded. My guess is that never got close to a deal with any team.

At this point I wouldn't be stunned if he doesnt report all season. The Steelers wont hit him with the tag again this offseason so he would have accomplished his goal of becoming a free agent with a year less wear and tear on his body.

Edited by shadyridr

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Pretty sure it was because he told a reporter he was coming in. Not speculation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

At this point I wouldn't be stunned if he doesnt report all season. The Steelers wont hit him with the tag again this offseason so he would have accomplished his goal of becoming a free agent with a year less wear and tear on his body.

I don't think he would take that chance. I see no avenue where he doesn't report by week 10 to accrue a year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FGITLOTR said:

What are you basing this on? Seems highly unlikely 

24 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Pretty sure it was because he told a reporter he was coming in. Not speculation. 

"In fact, he still has hope the team will re-sign him to a long-term contract once his franchise tag is up. Bell is staying away from the team to preserve his body, but a source said Bell is expected to report during the Week 7-8 time frame. The Steelers are on a bye in Week 7."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24863960/leveon-bell-set-report-steelers-week-7-8-frame

"When ESPN's Jeremy Fowler originally reported that Bell was going to return to the Steelers during their Week 7 bye, there was hope among Bell's fantasy owners that there may be time to save their fantasy seasons. However, when Week 7 passes without Bell reporting to the team, there was a bit more tension and nervousness among that group. On Monday, their worst fears were confirmed, as it appears that Bell won't be returning to the team ahead of their Week 8 clash with the Browns.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Bell wasn't at the Steelers facility at the start of Week 8. There's still a chance that Bell could return to the team -- and it will almost certainly happen by Week 10 at the latest so that Bell can log an accrued season and hit free agency -- but it doesn't appear that will occur this week.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora has reported that Steelers executives think that Bell is more likely to sign with the team ahead of Week 9, but La Canfora also stated that the Steelers would prefer to trade Bell"

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/fantasy/football/news/when-is-leveon-bell-returning-to-steelers-fantasy-football-trade-value-james-conner-start-sit-week-8-waiver-wire-pickup/5g8usjjmmlwn121rkuxjzx6bh

He's going to report Wednesday Oct 31st, or later, after the trade deadline. Unless there are significant talks between the Steelers and his Agent, with guarantees not to trade him.

Also, when he reports he'll most likely be put on the roster exempt list, meaning that he won't hit the field immediately. When he does finally get on the field he won't be up to speed until he's played a couple games. I highly doubt he's a reliable/usable fantasy asset prior to week 15.  He might play 2-3 games before week 15, but in a time share with Conner. he could get you 20+ or 3 pts. 

• Like 2

Michael Fabiano✔@Michael_Fabiano

Per @JimTrotter_NFL ... Le’veon Bell will not be reporting to Steelers this week.

5:25 PM - Oct 22, 2018

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Underachievers said:

Is he the first whiny clown to skip essentially an entire season in this way?

Vincent Jackson was the last he reported to play his final 6 games in 2010.  He ended up getting hurt and played 5 games that year.

Edited by Dez

7 hours ago, Hairy Snowman said:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Bell wasn't at the Steelers facility at the start of Week 8. There's still a chance that Bell could return to the team -- and it will almost certainly happen by Week 10 at the latest so that Bell can log an accrued season and hit free agency -- but it doesn't appear that will occur this week

I'm not real good at math, but doesn't he need only 6 games & wouldn't that mean weeks 12-13-14-15-16-17?   Am I wrong?  Does he need 8?

11 hours ago, daveR said:

I'm not real good at math, but doesn't he need only 6 games & wouldn't that mean weeks 12-13-14-15-16-17?   Am I wrong?  Does he need 8?

Good question. If he needs 6 games, then counting PITT's bye, he wouldn't need to report until after week 11?