What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (3 Viewers)

There seems to be some assumption that his injury risk lessens elsewhere.

Football players get hurt playing football.

Bulls get fat and pigs get slaughtered.

Let's say he comes back in some capacity, is he putting up starter numbers? I don't think so.
I would say by now he has diminished his value.  Teams are eschewing headaches.

And it is pretty clear that getting in ‘football shape’ is a real thing.  Seems like more ways to lose than win but hey what’s 7 million matter lol.

DK Pittsburgh Sports reporting that the Steelers informed Lev's agent that they would place him on the two-week exemption list and would not pay him while he worked himself into game shape.  Because of this, Bell chose to stay away at least one more week(instead of reporting during the bye week) and maybe for the remainder of the season.

DK Pittsburgh Sports reporting that the Steelers informed Lev's agent that they would place him on the two-week exemption list and would not pay him while he worked himself into game shape.  Because of this, Bell chose to stay away at least one more week(instead of reporting during the bye week) and maybe for the remainder of the season.
Please let it be for the remainder of the season. Its comical how stupid this guy & his agent really are.

I drafted Bell but luckily picked up Conner in the last round. Would it be dumb at this point to actually cut Bell? There are other RB's in the wire with upside that i'm tempted to grab.
It would 100% be dumb, because you could definitely trade him still. 

GROOT said:
Let's say he comes back in some capacity, is he putting up starter numbers? I don't think so.
I guess it depends on your situation.  If you’re in a desperate spot and you need immediate help, you may have no choice (unless you’re able to swing a trade for someone who is better).  But I wouldn’t do that unless you’re completely desperate.  Bell may eventually come back and become the stud that you drafted (just in time for fantasy playoffs)

irish eyes said:
Please let it be for the remainder of the season. Its comical how stupid this guy & his agent really are.
Can't see that happening, because the Steelers would be able to tag him again at $14.5M.

My own opinion is that if the Steelers can tag him again for next year at the same amount, they should. Some people will disagree because the Steelers should just spend the money on the defense, and I agree with that. But at the same time, there's zero chance that Bell would forfeit even more money and risk not seeing free agency until 2020, so at the point, it would be in BOTH of their interests for Bell to sign the tag and allow the Steelers to trade him to a team willing to give him the contract he wants. The Steelers would get compensated for him and Bell would get what he's really always wanted... his money.

I really don't see Bell doing anything that would risk him getting credit for this year. But then again, who knows what's going through his head at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
GROOT said:
I think so, yes.  The Steelers will ride Bell and save Conner.  I mean, I certainly would if I was the Steelers.  Ride the guy who wont be there next year.  Give him the wear and tear.  Oh, and Bell is also better than Conner, so there's that.  

I think so, yes.  The Steelers will ride Bell and save Conner.  I mean, I certainly would if I was the Steelers.  Ride the guy who wont be there next year.  Give him the wear and tear.  Oh, and Bell is also better than Conner, so there's that.  
It is my impression from data posted here earlier that Bell has started slow after his holdout last years and the suspensions. So that might count against.

I think I read somewhere at some point that the Steelers were interested in drafting Karl Joseph when he came out. He's been a disappointment in Oakland, but that's been as much about misuse as a SS, rather than his natural FS position, as anything related to him personally as a player. I think the kid's got untapped talent.

Perhaps a Joseph for Bell deal would make sense, now that Marshawn is down and out. Raiders have the ability to pay Bell if he can show them he fits Gruden's system during the 2nd half of this season. What's the Steelers' current need for a FS or slot corner? Joseph could plug right in at either.

I think I read somewhere at some point that the Steelers were interested in drafting Karl Joseph when he came out. He's been a disappointment in Oakland, but that's been as much about misuse as a SS, rather than his natural FS position, as anything related to him personally as a player. I think the kid's got untapped talent.

Perhaps a Joseph for Bell deal would make sense, now that Marshawn is down and out. Raiders have the ability to pay Bell if he can show them he fits Gruden's system during the 2nd half of this season. What's the Steelers' current need for a FS or slot corner? Joseph could plug right in at either.
Raiders have obviously given up on the season.  Can't see them trading for a guy who they are only sure of having for the rest of this season.

Nothing says "bad fantasy owner" than someone who drafts a guy in the first round and then drops him in week 8 or 9, right before he comes back from the hold out.  
OK what if you are struggling and can have Marlin Mack over Bell right now? 

NeverEnough said:
Anyone see any Bell trades in dynasty? Wondering if I should even bother trying to obtain him.
14 Team Dynasty .. I was offered Mixon and ABrown for my Bell and Hopkins .. hard to pass up but Brown's age did it for me

As an owner I have sat on him for 8 weeks waiting for him to come back, what's another week or two.  I am not in a hurry to unload him.

Would David Johnson be a good target to trade Bell away at this point, or am I shooting too low? 
That exact 1 for 1 trade just happened in a 1/2 point PPR, 5 keeper league, so realistic for sure.

Personally, I would rather have the sure thing in Johnson in redraft.  No competition and Leftwich said he wanted to get back to the Ariens type usage of Johnson.

That exact 1 for 1 trade just happened in a 1/2 point PPR, 5 keeper league, so realistic for sure.

Personally, I would rather have the sure thing in Johnson in redraft.  No competition and Leftwich said he wanted to get back to the Ariens type usage of Johnson.
Agreed. Thanks for the advice 

Can't see that happening, because the Steelers would be able to tag him again at $14.5M.

My own opinion is that if the Steelers can tag him again for next year at the same amount, they should. Some people will disagree because the Steelers should just spend the money on the defense, and I agree with that. But at the same time, there's zero chance that Bell would forfeit even more money and risk not seeing free agency until 2020, so at the point, it would be in BOTH of their interests for Bell to sign the tag and allow the Steelers to trade him to a team willing to give him the contract he wants. The Steelers would get compensated for him and Bell would get what he's really always wanted... his money.

I really don't see Bell doing anything that would risk him getting credit for this year. But then again, who knows what's going through his head at this point.
From what I read is if the Steelers tag him again, he gets paid Top 5 QB money...not RB average since this would be the 3rd tag.

From what I read is if the Steelers tag him again, he gets paid Top 5 QB money...not RB average since this would be the 3rd tag.
Only if he reports this year.  If he doesn't report in time or sign the tender in time, it's like this year doesn't count.

This post was in response to someone saying that he won't sign at all this year, which I don't see as likely.

If he sits out the entire year, I really can't see the Steelers tagging him.  I just dont think they even want the drama, and Bell isn't gonna have much trade value considering whoever trades for him will have to obviously pay a lot to get him.

I would certainly not rule out the possibility of him sitting the entire year.

I still stand by my opinion that if he comes back, he will skip the playoffs should the Steelers get there.

I think he reports after the 4:00 trade deadline (when trades have to be fully completed) on October 30th. Plays it out for a Steelers run... and then who knows? Bell works his way back with a time share, takes over the lead back 80/20 weeks 11-16. Connors move to a Flex and hopeful point scoring to even the bench.

I think he'll send a wave of spirited energy once he's back. Until then - Poo Poo. 

I think he reports after the 4:00 trade deadline (when trades have to be fully completed) on October 30th. Plays it out for a Steelers run... and then who knows? Bell works his way back with a time share, takes over the lead back 80/20 weeks 11-16. Connors move to a Flex and hopeful point scoring to even the bench.

I think he'll send a wave of spirited energy once he's back. Until then - Poo Poo. 
Steelers can put in Connor and Bell at the same time. Put Bell in the slot and let defenses figure out how to cover Brown, JuJu, Bell, Connor and McDonald.

My opinion, but I don't think he ever plays another down in a Steelers uniform again.

Too far gone. Steelers old school.

Team Smokin' said:

kyoun1e said:
My opinion, but I don't think he ever plays another down in a Steelers uniform again.

Too far gone. Steelers old school.
Steeler's might be old school, but they're not dumb either. It's a business with a flaw in the system. Same thing goes in politics on the world's stage. Seems like a big deal at the time, but time heals...

What hilarious excuses will the Bell supporters come up this week after another dominant Conner performance? 

WE WATCH THE GAME.  OUR EYES TELL US BELL IS BETTER :lmao:

tjnc09 said:
What hilarious excuses will the Bell supporters come up this week after another dominant Conner performance? 

WE WATCH THE GAME.  OUR EYES TELL US BELL IS BETTER :lmao:
They played the Browns.  

He can't be traded until he signs the the offer so the Steelers aren't screwing up by not trading him - they can't trade him at this point.
Right.

I've got to think that Bell's camp would welcome a trade at this point. Work out the trade, inform Bell, Bell signs, gone.

Right.

I've got to think that Bell's camp would welcome a trade at this point. Work out the trade, inform Bell, Bell signs, gone.
I don't know what Bell and his agent are thinking, but I doubt they want him to be traded.  They know the Steelers offense can provide opportunities for him to produce, and with Conner playing well Bell will probably not have to carry the full load - seems like the perfect situation for him to come back to Pittsburgh (from his perspective).

I don't know what Bell and his agent are thinking, but I doubt they want him to be traded.  They know the Steelers offense can provide opportunities for him to produce, and with Conner playing well Bell will probably not have to carry the full load - seems like the perfect situation for him to come back to Pittsburgh (from his perspective).
Well, the Steelers may be the perfect fit for Bell, but I wonder if the feeling isn't exactly mutual at this point.

Too much risk to the locker room, too much distraction. 

Bell's free agency value is dropping every time Conner has a big game.  It has to, and he probably has to know it

I love Conner. He's showing everything he showed as a freshman and sophomore at Pitt. But for real football, if you give me the choice between a healthy and motivated Bell or a healthy and motivated Conner at the same money, I take Bell every time and twice on Sundays. He's just as good a runner and a more talented and versatile receiver. That said, in the situation a Steelers running back finds himself in right now, Conner is more than talented enough to be really, really good. If not for Conner's success, the Steelers may have buckled at some point this year to get Bell active.

Conner saved the Steelers season and there's zero chance that Bell gets anything close to a full time workload even if he somehow ends up on the roster this year.

Well, the Steelers may be the perfect fit for Bell, but I wonder if the feeling isn't exactly mutual at this point.

Too much risk to the locker room, too much distraction. 
I totally agree with this but if Bell doesn't sign before the deadline he wont be traded (obviously).  Also, I'm not sure why a team would WANT Bell at this point given his salary and questionable commitment to football this year.  

Beichick 

Bell's free agency value is dropping every time Conner has a big game.  It has to, and he probably has to know it

I love Conner. He's showing everything he showed as a freshman and sophomore at Pitt. But for real football, if you give me the choice between a healthy and motivated Bell or a healthy and motivated Conner at the same money, I take Bell every time and twice on Sundays. He's just as good a runner and a more talented and versatile receiver. That said, in the situation a Steelers running back finds himself in right now, Conner is more than talented enough to be really, really good. If not for Conner's success, the Steelers may have buckled at some point this year to get Bell active.

Conner saved the Steelers season and there's zero chance that Bell gets anything close to a full time workload even if he somehow ends up on the roster this year.
What would Belichick do....

:lmao: Conner higher ypc, higher ypr, more TDs per game, more receiving yards per game, more 20+ runs, breaks more tackles than Bell ever has, offense still scoring as many ppg BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE MY EYES SAY BELL IS BETTER :lmao:

I'd LOVE to hear what his agent is telling him these days.

It was a bad decision when they made it, and it's gotten worse and worse and worse...

Next offseason, he'll probably realize exactly what he cost himself.
Likewise.  They should have read that fivethirtyeight article after week 1 about how he'd never make up the money he's missing this year...

Users who are viewing this thread