What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (8 Viewers)

Doesn't appear that way for Bell though, otherwise he woulda played last year for 15 million guaranteed AND a great chance to win
I think things soured in Pitt mostly money and then with him feeling disrespected. Maybe a year off changes his outlook on things? Probably not but imagine him in KC...

I think things soured in Pitt mostly money and then with him feeling disrespected. Maybe a year off changes his outlook on things? Probably not but imagine him in KC...
Would adding Bell for all that money really help KC all that much? Hunt averaged 110 YFS and a TD a game as a Chief. Bell averaged 129 YFS and 0.68 TD a game as a Steeler but with a 25% greater workload. Scaled down to Hunt's usage, Bell would have posted 102 YFS and 0.53 TD a game at the same usage rate.

Would adding Bell for all that money really help KC all that much? Hunt averaged 110 YFS and a TD a game as a Chief. Bell averaged 129 YFS and 0.68 TD a game as a Steeler but with a 25% greater workload. Scaled down to Hunt's usage, Bell would have posted 102 YFS and 0.53 TD a game at the same usage rate.
Yes it would especially the playoffs. When you can throw all those stats out the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s exactly how football works.

Anarchy99 said:
Fine but how much does he scale up being in an Andy Reid offense with Froggy Fresh at QB?

Gruden's ego alone would allow him to think he could win with those two guys without a HOF QB while paying them way more than the Steelers did.  :lol:

I think Bell going to Oakland is a great spot. Gruden loves his vets, and they will be behind often in the 4th quarter. Nice garbage time stats for both AB and Bell! 

I think Bell going to Oakland is a great spot. Gruden loves his vets, and they will be behind often in the 4th quarter. Nice garbage time stats for both AB and Bell! 
I wonder if they even have any interest in playing together or are they trying to avoid each other?

Could we start hearing news on bell today or is Wednesday the first day?
Today. Can't officially sign until Wednesday but starting today if anyone agrees to terms it can be announced just not made official.  It's rare if the deal does not go through on Wednesday but it's happened,  Emmanuel Sanders was one example.

Appearing on SportsCenter, ESPN's Chris Mortensen said he's "heard" the 49ers could potentially pursue free agent Le'Veon Bell.

The Jets remain the clear favorites to land Bell, and their competition to sign him doesn't seem stiff. San Francisco and Oakland have been rumored as potential Bell suitors, but Le'Veon is a questionable fit for Kyle Shanahan's outside-zone scheme, and Oakland is believed to be strapped for cash after committing so much money to LT Trent Brown and WR Antonio Brown. Mort's nugget is notable, but it's still hard to imagine Bell ending up a 49er.

RELATED: 

New York Jets

, San Francisco 49ers

Mar 11, 2019, 1:52 PM

Jets better pay him because I can’t see anyone else who will, although it seems like a dolphin move if they have the money.
So Bell is torn but he really can’t put teams off any more. They can sign other RBs. Not that many landing spots. This thing could go sideways for Bell. As an owner who has been a passenger on this journey, I would just like Bell to sign ANYWHERE at this point.

Jets better pay him because I can’t see anyone else who will, although it seems like a dolphin move if they have the money.
It does seem like a Dolphin move in previous seasons, but not this one.  I think they are clearly in full blown rebuild with an eye on top 5 draft picks for the next couple seasons.  Adding Bell would only hurt that plan, and by the time they are decent, he will be turning 30.  Cant see it happening, but theyve shocked me before.

So Bell is torn but he really can’t put teams off any more. They can sign other RBs. Not that many landing spots. This thing could go sideways for Bell. As an owner who has been a passenger on this journey, I would just like Bell to sign ANYWHERE at this point.
I think it's gone sideways already. I don't think they money they were expecting was there and now they're just hoping for someone to step up. Their decision to hold out was a gamble. Unfortunately for him, this isn't baseball and Scott Boras isn't going to pull off a last minute deal to save face.  We'll see what happens.

I think it's gone sideways already. I don't think they money they were expecting was there and now they're just hoping for someone to step up. Their decision to hold out was a gamble. Unfortunately for him, this isn't baseball and Scott Boras isn't going to pull off a last minute deal to save face.  We'll see what happens.
Yeah, this is fascinating. Lot of cap got eaten up yesterday.  If Coleman signs before Bell, then I’m officially in panic mode.  Seems they’ve both been linked to the same teams.

If Bell doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for, and that seems quite likely, then I’m hoping he swallows his pride and signs a reasonable, incentive laden deal with a legit contender in a high powered offense such as Philly.   

Yeah, this is fascinating. Lot of cap got eaten up yesterday.  If Coleman signs before Bell, then I’m officially in panic mode.  Seems they’ve both been linked to the same teams.

If Bell doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for, and that seems quite likely, then I’m hoping he swallows his pride and signs a reasonable, incentive laden deal with a legit contender in a high powered offense such as Philly.   
Coleman and bell have the same agent.  No way Coleman signs first. 

🆎‏Verified account @AB89x

FollowFollow @AB89x

More

Congrats @LeVeonBell on getting that $ Gonna let him tell you the team

Got a feeling this is and always has been a one horse race. If the Jets are smart, and traditionally they haven’t been, they offered him market and threatened to walk. Now market for him may still be top dollar but let’s see if this makes up for a whole year off.

Sounds like the Jets are bidding against themselves and he doesn’t really want to play there.
I think so too. I also think his twitter yesterday was bull**** 

The reality of punting $15mm to guarantee $20-25mm prob setting in. 

I honestly think his agent will have them negotiate some stupid language in that nobody can understand to try and save face. 

So Green is the only clue?   NYJets are the obvious candidate but are they alone?  

Green Bay out of consideration?  They were included in the rumors... 
Tom Silverstein on Twitter

Not sure if the #Packers did more than inquire about RB Le'Veon Bell, but they are not in the running and are not signing him. They would need to mortgage their future with the amount of money they've already spent in free agency. Just thought I'd say that.

I think so too. I also think his twitter yesterday was bull**** 

The reality of punting $15mm to guarantee $20-25mm prob setting in. 

I honestly think his agent will have them negotiate some stupid language in that nobody can understand to try and save face. 
If he gets 25 million and blows his knee out this season he made a good decision. He said himself he knew he was losing money on this situation. He felt disrespected and didn't want to play for the Steelers last year. That's his right. The Steelers missed the playoffs by what? One game? With one of the best RB in the league sitting out.

Now they lost one of the best WR ever this year. Looks like another wasted year for Big Ben.

Cheers Steeler fans. You sound bitter. 

If he gets 25 million and blows his knee out this season he made a good decision. He said himself he knew he was losing money on this situation. He felt disrespected and didn't want to play for the Steelers last year. That's his right. The Steelers missed the playoffs by what? One game? With one of the best RB in the league sitting out.

Now they lost one of the best WR ever this year. Looks like another wasted year for Big Ben.

I'm a Steelers fan? 

he isn't a Steelers fan LOL

Users who are viewing this thread