Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

You think that if he played on the tag last year, that he would have only earned $7.5mm guaranteed in his next contract, even if he had gotten hurt?  

I think the point is....he could not get another contract...

Edited by Stinkin Ref

25 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I think the point is....he could not get another contract...

Even if he tore his achilles or acl, at age 26, he would get another contract and likey earn at least $7.5mm. Passing up potentially $36.5mm in guaranteed money for only that delta is a huge miscalculation. But maybe he gets his $50mm guaranteed, however it looks like the rb market is worse than last year ....

1 minute ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

You think that if he played on the tag last year, that he would have only earned $7.5mm guaranteed in his next contract, even if he had gotten hurt?  

That's if it were me and I knew I was guaranteed one of those two options. 

I won't argue for Bell or assume I know his thoughts/feelings.  So many hypotheticals.  I do believe Bell will make at least $22 or more after year 1 (guarantee + bonus + salary) and year 2 of the deal will probably be a significant amount too.  

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Even if he tore his achilles or acl, at age 26, he would get another contract and likey earn at least $7.5mm. Passing up potentially $36.5mm in guaranteed money for only that delta is a huge miscalculation. But maybe he gets his $50mm guaranteed, however it looks like the rb market is worse than last year ....

or he plays under the one year deal and gets an alex smith injury....

• Like 1

Some great debate here about maximizing career earnings vs maximizing guaranteed money in a single windfall. 

If i’m the team paying him in 2019, i’m concerned 2018 Le’Veon knew he would be fat/crappy and that’s why he held out. If he played and got hurt, yeah that stinks. But if he played and was piss poor? Well that submarines future earnings much worse than any injury ever could. 

Some recent stuff about going KC.....take a little less and win.....hmmmmmm

15 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Some recent stuff about going KC.....take a little less and win.....hmmmmmm

Winning championships is good on many levels for players including $$$

6 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Winning championships is good on many levels for players including $$$

Doesn't appear that way for Bell though, otherwise he woulda played last year for 15 million guaranteed AND a great chance to win

1 minute ago, ghostguy123 said:

Doesn't appear that way for Bell though, otherwise he woulda played last year for 15 million guaranteed AND a great chance to win

I think things soured in Pitt mostly money and then with him feeling disrespected. Maybe a year off changes his outlook on things? Probably not but imagine him in KC...

25 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

I think things soured in Pitt mostly money and then with him feeling disrespected. Maybe a year off changes his outlook on things? Probably not but imagine him in KC...

Would adding Bell for all that money really help KC all that much? Hunt averaged 110 YFS and a TD a game as a Chief. Bell averaged 129 YFS and 0.68 TD a game as a Steeler but with a 25% greater workload. Scaled down to Hunt's usage, Bell would have posted 102 YFS and 0.53 TD a game at the same usage rate.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Would adding Bell for all that money really help KC all that much? Hunt averaged 110 YFS and a TD a game as a Chief. Bell averaged 129 YFS and 0.68 TD a game as a Steeler but with a 25% greater workload. Scaled down to Hunt's usage, Bell would have posted 102 YFS and 0.53 TD a game at the same usage rate.

Yes it would especially the playoffs. When you can throw all those stats out the window.

Edited by Gandalf

50 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

That’s exactly how football works.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Anarchy99 said:

Fine but how much does he scale up being in an Andy Reid offense with Froggy Fresh at QB?

Bell is definitely going to Oakland. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Tejas said:

Bell is definitely going to Oakland. 

link?

Going to Oakland wouldn't be terrible with AB there now but obviously there's better landing spots. Indy being ideal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Going to Oakland wouldn't be terrible with AB there now but obviously there's better landing spots. Indy being ideal. 

Agreed

Gruden's ego alone would allow him to think he could win with those two guys without a HOF QB while paying them way more than the Steelers did.  :lol:

Could we start hearing news on bell today or is Wednesday the first day?

I think Bell going to Oakland is a great spot. Gruden loves his vets, and they will be behind often in the 4th quarter. Nice garbage time stats for both AB and Bell! 

13 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I think Bell going to Oakland is a great spot. Gruden loves his vets, and they will be behind often in the 4th quarter. Nice garbage time stats for both AB and Bell! 

I wonder if they even have any interest in playing together or are they trying to avoid each other?

37 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Could we start hearing news on bell today or is Wednesday the first day?

Today. Can't officially sign until Wednesday but starting today if anyone agrees to terms it can be announced just not made official.  It's rare if the deal does not go through on Wednesday but it's happened,  Emmanuel Sanders was one example.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I wonder if they even have any interest in playing together or are they trying to avoid each other?

I think they're trying to avoid Ben.

• Like 3

Appearing on SportsCenter, ESPN's Chris Mortensen said he's "heard" the 49ers could potentially pursue free agent Le'Veon Bell.

The Jets remain the clear favorites to land Bell, and their competition to sign him doesn't seem stiff. San Francisco and Oakland have been rumored as potential Bell suitors, but Le'Veon is a questionable fit for Kyle Shanahan's outside-zone scheme, and Oakland is believed to be strapped for cash after committing so much money to LT Trent Brown and WR Antonio Brown. Mort's nugget is notable, but it's still hard to imagine Bell ending up a 49er.

RELATED: 

New York Jets

, San Francisco 49ers

Mar 11, 2019, 1:52 PM

9 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Jets better pay him because I can’t see anyone else who will, although it seems like a dolphin move if they have the money.

So Bell is torn but he really can’t put teams off any more. They can sign other RBs. Not that many landing spots. This thing could go sideways for Bell. As an owner who has been a passenger on this journey, I would just like Bell to sign ANYWHERE at this point.

10 hours ago, voiceofunreason said:

Jets better pay him because I can’t see anyone else who will, although it seems like a dolphin move if they have the money.

It does seem like a Dolphin move in previous seasons, but not this one.  I think they are clearly in full blown rebuild with an eye on top 5 draft picks for the next couple seasons.  Adding Bell would only hurt that plan, and by the time they are decent, he will be turning 30.  Cant see it happening, but theyve shocked me before.

25 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

So Bell is torn but he really can’t put teams off any more. They can sign other RBs. Not that many landing spots. This thing could go sideways for Bell. As an owner who has been a passenger on this journey, I would just like Bell to sign ANYWHERE at this point.

I think it's gone sideways already. I don't think they money they were expecting was there and now they're just hoping for someone to step up. Their decision to hold out was a gamble. Unfortunately for him, this isn't baseball and Scott Boras isn't going to pull off a last minute deal to save face.  We'll see what happens.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRAGE said:

I think it's gone sideways already. I don't think they money they were expecting was there and now they're just hoping for someone to step up. Their decision to hold out was a gamble. Unfortunately for him, this isn't baseball and Scott Boras isn't going to pull off a last minute deal to save face.  We'll see what happens.

Yeah, this is fascinating. Lot of cap got eaten up yesterday.  If Coleman signs before Bell, then I’m officially in panic mode.  Seems they’ve both been linked to the same teams.

If Bell doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for, and that seems quite likely, then I’m hoping he swallows his pride and signs a reasonable, incentive laden deal with a legit contender in a high powered offense such as Philly.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Yeah, this is fascinating. Lot of cap got eaten up yesterday.  If Coleman signs before Bell, then I’m officially in panic mode.  Seems they’ve both been linked to the same teams.

If Bell doesn’t get the deal he’s looking for, and that seems quite likely, then I’m hoping he swallows his pride and signs a reasonable, incentive laden deal with a legit contender in a high powered offense such as Philly.   

Coleman and bell have the same agent.  No way Coleman signs first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Geoff Schwartz speculates they are just leaking fake connections and tweeting to drum up interest because they aren’t being offered the deal he wanted.

I, for one, am shocked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Coleman and bell have the same agent.  No way Coleman signs first. 

Then my statement holds especially true.  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, mashedbananas said:

The Bengals???  The Bengals who have Joe Mixon and don't spend money are going after Bell???  

Its a joke tweet.....

9 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Its a joke tweet.....

Doh!  my bad

🆎‏Verified account @AB89x

FollowFollow @AB89x

More

Congrats @LeVeonBell on getting that $ Gonna let him tell you the team

15 minutes ago, Sir Psycho said:

FollowFollow @AB89x

More

Hmmm

22 minutes ago, Sir Psycho said:

FollowFollow @AB89x

More

changed his Twitter theme to green. Going to wager it is the jets

Just now, JoeSteeler said:

If he wanted money, that was the spot. How much guaranteed is the big question. 

Got a feeling this is and always has been a one horse race. If the Jets are smart, and traditionally they haven’t been, they offered him market and threatened to walk. Now market for him may still be top dollar but let’s see if this makes up for a whole year off.

Posted (edited)

Let's speculate on fully guaranteed money - I'll set the O/U at $22.5mm.

Edited by fantasycurse42

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Let's speculate on guaranteed money - I'll set the O/U at $22.5mm.

OVER.

27 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

So Green is the only clue?   NYJets are the obvious candidate but are they alone?  

Green Bay out of consideration?  They were included in the rumors...