Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

If he gets 5/85 with 50 fully guaranteed, he’s a genius and I’m wildly incorrect. 

• Like 1

Just now, kittenmittens said:

Watch the Jets say screw this and sign Coleman... 

Not likely, Coleman has the same agent as Bell and this would crush him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kittenmittens said:

They probably want to sign their backup option if Bell doesn't like their offer.  Wait too long and Coleman could sign elsewhere. 

don't coleman and bell have the same agent? I think no RB signs till after Bell

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I’d rather be direct with an insult than a condescending tool. 

& yes, you did :shrug:

You and ghost are both being condescending and insulting anyone who disagrees with your take on what you would do in Bells case.  I'm not the only one calling you out on it.

It isn't something to get mad about guys.  Why is it upsetting you enough to insult people? 

The Pacquiao thread was before you even joined the board.  What 14 years ago now?  Either way, you also seem to think this is an insult... which is also weird.

Edited by matuski

3 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

How is that fair to Coleman? 

• Like 3

FTR, based on Kirwan's and earlier reports, I think the Jets gave him a too good to refuse offer. But b/c they are the Jets, he's trying a last ditch effort to get the Ravens, Raiders or some other dark horse to come close, or at least up their bids significantly.

For all the talk about this guy being only about money, I sense he may be willing to forego a good amount of cash to play with a team more to his liking. I think his issue with Pittsburgh was as much about principles and respect as much as it was about straight dollars and sense.

Let's see how this plays out. Won't be surprised to see him take 10-20% less than what the Jets are offering to play for Chucky and AB or with LJax instead.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Would be an ethical conflict of interest and worthy of a lawsuit if Colemans agent didnt represent him to his fullest ability

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steeler said:

They're reporting it this way and I don't see how any of this is fair to Coleman, either. Your agent needs to represent you, not the rest of his clientele.  

2 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

Leveon Bell isn't going to be a top 10 fantasy RB at the end of the season next year. 

Right now it looks like he'll be a Raider or Jet, and I don't think he'll get enough touchdowns or opportunities for carries from either team. Both aren't going to be winning teams, and winning teams tend to run the ball more. 

Disagree I think he’s easily top 10 either place. Volume will be massive

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

Would be an ethical conflict of interest and worthy of a lawsuit if Colemans agent didnt represent him to his fullest ability

Agreed but also have to assume this happens a bunch? There can’t NOT be a conflict of interest occasionally when one agent represents several players. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Right and was just saying something similar in my last post. Gurley contract is my best example. Was reported as $45M in guarantees but was really just $21M in true guarantees, all the rest was dependent on being on the roster and injuries. That's how Bell's contract is going to look.

But that's how the contract the Steelers offered to Bell looked and that's part of what ticked him off.

I think this one will only work that way if he wants it to in order to save face.  I don't think anyone is "tricking" him with fake guarantees the way some teams (Pitt) have been doing lately.

ETA: I do agree that if he has a contract sitting there with $50 million "guaranteed" it's likely that much of it is of the fake guarantee kind.

Edited by FreeBaGeL

9 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

If he gets 5/85 with 50 fully guaranteed, he’s a genius and I’m wildly incorrect. 

Or somewhat less on a better team.  Either way works out well for him imo.

4 minutes ago, LawFitz said:

Let's see how this plays out. Won't be surprised to see him take 10-20% less than what the Jets are offering to play for Chucky and AB or with LJax instead.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

But that's how the contract the Steelers offered to Bell looked and that's part of what ticked him off.

I think this one will only work that way if he wants it to in order to save face.  I don't think anyone is "tricking" him with fake guarantees 

Yep. This. I don't think anybody is tricking him if he went public last time with his dissatisfaction over the "guaranteed" money.  

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

I'm no lawyer and have no inside info but i'd expect an agent in this situation to pitch it as "we need bell to reset the market for running backs before we get you the most money we can"

7 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think this one will only work that way if he wants it to in order to save face.  I don't think anyone is "tricking" him with fake guarantees the way some teams (Pitt) have been doing lately.

ETA: I do agree that if he has a contract sitting there with $50 million "guaranteed" it's likely that much of it is of the fake guarantee kind.

Right it's the contract Steelers offered and people held up the Gurley contract so they could cite it as Steelers being cheap but I don't agree with your "tricking" him terminology.

Also if you study just about any non-QB's contract in the league you'll see next to nothing in true guarantees into year 3 which Steelers also got criticized on. Raiders don't pay much signing bonus(probably because it's a financial hardship) so maybe the put more guarantees into year 3 them most teams but that's just because they don't like to pay it upfront. The contract the Steelers offered him was industry standard, not a trick or being cheap.

One thing you can bet your life on. He's not got an offer for a true $50M guaranteed or he'd be signed.  Silly for anyone to even believe that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

As much as i like kirwan, there's no question he's pro management on a lot of these things, so that wouldn't surprise me at all.

19 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

Agreed but also have to assume this happens a bunch? There can’t NOT be a conflict of interest occasionally when one agent represents several players. 

Remember reading how Tom Brady & Jimmy Garroppollo had the same agent...and thinking that could only help TB12.

11 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Right it's the contract Steelers offered and people held up the Gurley contract so they could cite it as Steelers being cheap but I don't agree with your "tricking" him terminology.

Also if you study just about any non-QB's contract in the league you'll see next to nothing in true guarantees into year 3 which Steelers also got criticized on. Raiders don't pay much signing bonus(probably because it's a financial hardship) so maybe the put more guarantees into year 3 them most teams but that's just because they don't like to pay it upfront. The contract the Steelers offered him was industry standard, not a trick or being cheap.

One thing you can bet your life on. He's not got an offer for a true $50M guaranteed or he'd be signed.  Silly for anyone to even believe that.

I'm going off memory here so I could be wrong, but I believe the issue with the Steelers' contract was that it wasn't guaranteed into year 2, not year 3.  And other FAs from that year mostly had their contract guaranteed through year 2 (at least the ones I looked up quickly at the time, which included Jarvis Landry among a few others).

If I recall the Pitt contract (similar to Gurley's) was much more aggressive with the amount of false guarantees compared to a normal contract, which is apparently normal SOP for the Steelers non-QB deals.  They did the same thing to Antonio Brown (his true guarantees were 1/3rd of what someone like Demaryius Thomas got in true guarantees) and honestly I think that's a little overlooked in the Antonio Brown drama.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'm going off memory here so I could be wrong, but I believe the issue with the Steelers' contract was that it wasn't guaranteed into year 2, not year 3.  And other FAs from that year mostly had their contract guaranteed through year 2 (at least the ones I looked up quickly at the time, which included Jarvis Landry among a few others).

If I recall the Pitt contract (similar to Gurley's) was much more aggressive with the amount of false guarantees compared to a normal contract, which is apparently normal SOP for the Steelers non-QB deals.  They did the same thing to Antonio Brown (his true guarantees were 1/3rd of what someone like Demaryius Thomas got in true guarantees) and honestly I think that's a little overlooked in the Antonio Brown drama.

I don't want to beat a dead horse but his contract was going to pay him $33M in first two years and nothing other then death was going to keep him from getting that money. That second year is inherently guaranteed because the teams can't afford to cut you. 

I do think the Jets are offering him a good contract. One that will pay him more then Gurley first two years of his deal. But it's not going to be $50m true guarantees and it's not going to make sitting out last year a good move.

Bears just offered 7/140 $80mm fully guaranteed and 3 platinum albums.

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

When was Jets deadline?  He wants Wr money ....

Tonight and apparently they’re getting rather antsy about it considering how many times they’ve been burned including Barr today.

19 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I don't want to beat a dead horse but his contract was going to pay him $33M in first two years and nothing other then death was going to keep him from getting that money. That second year is inherently guaranteed because the teams can't afford to cut you. 

I do think the Jets are offering him a good contract. One that will pay him more then Gurley first two years of his deal. But it's not going to be $50m true guarantees and it's not going to make sitting out last year a good move.

And so it begins.....

2 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

And so it begins.....

No it began when he started missing game checks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

That, and those players have a choice.  Bell did not have the option to go for a multi year deal once the tag was locked in.  

But that didn't happen until July 15.  He had tons of time last year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steeler said:

Coleman gets to pick his own agent... I guess the Jets could leverage this relationship by telling Bell's agent they are interested in Coleman instead, lol. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Bell did not have the option to go for a multi year deal once the tag was locked in.  

Last year they offered him 14.5 a year for 4 years. The year before it was 13 a year for 4 years. 

On a playoff team, with a passing game to keep teams honest and with a top 5 offensive line.

Looking at cap space -- in 2017 it was 7.8% of cap offered. In 2018 it was 8.2% offered. And the Jets offer if at 17 is 9.0% of the cap and he doesn't like it because of the other items that are missing.

Edited by BigSteelThrill

1 hour ago, bostonfred said:
1 hour ago, kittenmittens said:

As if Coleman gives one crap about how Bell is affected.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

as of right now, today, I believe most people would say Ben > Mayfield. Could this change in the (near) future? Of course.

What do you think now that Baker is the one with the mega-elite WR?

Big Ben has been amazing for years but there's cracks showing for people who know what to look for and he just lost the best WR he'll ever play with. Baker is just warming up. Not saying Baker will have a better career but if i was drafting a QB for next year only.....I'm taking Baker. 

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1

Still no signing? Smells like he's getting far less than he wanted.

12 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Still no signing? Smells like he's getting far less than he wanted.

I think he’s going to announce it with the release of his albumI think he’s going to announce it with the release of his album

2 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

I think he’s going to announce it with the release of his albumI think he’s going to announce it with the release of his album

You can say that again

• Like 4
  • Laughing 2

4 hours ago, LawFitz said:

FTR, based on Kirwan's and earlier reports, I think the Jets gave him a too good to refuse offer. But b/c they are the Jets, he's trying a last ditch effort to get the Ravens, Raiders or some other dark horse to come close, or at least up their bids significantly.

For all the talk about this guy being only about money, I sense he may be willing to forego a good amount of cash to play with a team more to his liking. I think his issue with Pittsburgh was as much about principles and respect as much as it was about straight dollars and sense.

Plus with the Raiders moving to Vegas next year they could structure the contract where he takes a little less money this year so he gets more next year in Vegas with no state taxes. So lets say he takes 10% less to go to the Raiders is he really losing out that much considering the high taxes in New York.

I legit thought the album was just a joke. :mellow: 

Posted (edited)

Well looks like no news tonight. See you all tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion of The Le'Veon Bell show.

Edited by krsone21

2 minutes ago, krsone21 said:

Well looks like no news tonight. See you all tomorrow for the thrilling conclusion of The Le'Veon Bell show.

That didn't age well, signing with Jets, lol.

• Laughing 1

Former Steelers’ RB Le’Veon Bell plans to sign with…the New York Jets, a league source tells ESPN. (Schefter)

I'm seeing 4 for 52.5M. wonder how much guaranteed. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Super King said:

LOL.

That's less than what Pittsburgh offered last year.  And almost identical to what they offered the year before.

:banned:

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Like 1

Wait...so he gave up $14million last year for this? :mellow: 

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Super King said:

Heard around $32M

@AdamSchefter 

Le’Veon Bell’s four-year deal with the New York Jets has a max value of $61 million and includes $35 million guaranteed, per source.

1 minute ago, JoeSteeler said:

Heard around $32M

$35 per Schef

That’s some negotiator