What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (11 Viewers)

Wow. For anyone that started him this week, hats off. You had bigger balls than me, but I'm still ecstatic for what the rest of the year, and career in dynasty, holds.

Last edited by a moderator:
bell looked great on that 18 yd screen...

tremendous feet, agility and cutting ability/elusiveness for a big back...

not as powerful, but I think he is shiftier than Eddie George.

What's funny, when Mich St played ND last year, I thought Bell looked HUGE. In the Pittsburgh Uni, he just looks like another guy. Shows how friggin big these guys are. Nobody that size should be able to cut like that...

What's funny, when Mich St played ND last year, I thought Bell looked HUGE. In the Pittsburgh Uni, he just looks like another guy. Shows how friggin big these guys are. Nobody that size should be able to cut like that...
he probably was bigger when you saw him... i think he played at about 240-245 last year (listed about 230 now), supposedly lost weight to run faster 40 at combine... I think his cone drills were phenomenal for his size (good agility indicator)...yeah, he probably looks doubly smaller next to generally bigger pro defenders...

he probably was bigger when you saw him... i think he played at about 240-245 last year (listed about 230 now), supposedly lost weight to run faster 40 at combine... I think his cone drills were phenomenal for his size (good agility indicator)...yeah, he probably looks doubly smaller next to generally bigger pro defenders...
Yeah, he looked Jerome Bettis big...

BTW, I'm seeing Bell in on all these plays of this hurry up option with Ben in the shotgun. Just caught a nice ball with his hands, but no where to go. Seeing lots here that looks like he could be a monster...

he also looked as good as advertised in pass protection, which bodes well for being an increasingly rare three down bell cow RB.

he also looked as good as advertised in pass protection, which bodes well for being an increasingly rare three down bell cow RB.
:yes:

He was in there during those final drives where it was pass play after pass play. There were no worries about having a rookie in there to protect Ben and be a safety valve for him. There were 20 handoffs to RB's. he got 75% of them :excited:

I am an MSU grad I drafted him 3rd in the rookie draft and then traded him for receiver help. I am going to regret this until the day I quit playing fantasy football which might be the end of this year if he keeps this up. I am very depressed right now and going to drink a lot of wine tonight :cry:

I am an MSU grad I drafted him 3rd in the rookie draft and then traded him for receiver help. I am going to regret this until the day I quit playing fantasy football which might be the end of this year if he keeps this up. I am very depressed right now and going to drink a lot of wine tonight :cry:
I drafted him #1 overall in my rookie draft on the day he hurt his foot. I was :wall: and wanted a do-over to take Bernard, who I liked just as much. I didn't start him today, but I like what I've seen. That said, it's too early to really make a call on him.

Wow. For anyone that started him this week, hats off. You had bigger balls than me, but I'm still ecstatic for what the rest of the year, and career in dynasty, holds.
:bowtie: ....course, I'm going to lose anyway, as I'm playing against Lynch and ADP, but I WAS RIGHT!!!1!

I had two deals on the table this week for a rb. First was Gordon for Bell, who I've really wanted all year. Other was Demaryius for Trent. I picked the Trent deal and I'm miserable tonight. The combo of Bell and DT seems so much better than Trent/Gordon right now. I take this #### too serious because I'm really dejected here.

####

Wow, it's like this Eminence guy really knows what he's talking about.

Started him today, paid off huge! :)
These posts you have made in the past disagree with you patting yourself on the back

I saw Hillman heavily involved. The guy can spring plays with his speed and looks to have bulked up a smidge, too. Pretty much, the Wide Receivers spread the defense out in the Red Zone and Hillman will be able to use his quick acceleration to dot it in.

Going to try to trade Moreno straight up for Hillman.

I'll trade you guys Knowshon Moreno for David Wilson.

Starting to think Moreno is a decent bye-week WR3 and nothing more. The fact we saw Hillman in at the goalline, ehh. As someone who started Moreno that doesn't make me too happy.

I'm going to see what I can get out of him, because I have guys on the bench that matched what Moreno put up today. I'd rather have Cordarelle Patterson who might rattle off a Kick Return or at least a few receptions (PPR) in my flex.

What are people getting for Moreno? This obviously dampers his prospect, Manning was having way too much fun throwing the ball.

Again, not getting cute this week. Just picking teams who in my opinion are heavy favorites:

PARLAY:

Packers (-160) @ Bengals

Falcons (+110) @ Dolphins

$125 bet pays out $300 and all that needs to happen is for the Packers and Falcons to beat two-beatable teams? I'll take it. I'll have turned $50 into $200 in a 4-day span, so no complaints here if I lose. The initial investment was only $50.

EDIT:

Packers should be able to put away the Bengals who are still a fringe playoff team, they may win their division because it's terrible. And the Dolphins were likely to shut down Steven Jackson anyway, so I'm not sure why the Falcons are at +110. I'm pretty sure Julio Jones can will his way into winning that game all by himself.

You have been right about Wilson so far, sure, but quit acting like you are the next great thing to football. You are wrong just as much as you are right.

as both a Lions and MSU homer I was insanely conflicted and stupidly ignored my gut screaming to put Leveon in and played Joique Bell at my flex instead. very very frustrating.

But it's great to know he's 100% now and he's going to play ever week after the bye for sure. I suspected he was the best RB in this draft, and so far he looks like it. I think he's going to have a very nice career in Pittsburgh. And as someone who saw every carry of his in 3 years at MSU, you got only a taste of how versatile he is today. His agility for his size is off the charts. He'll never have top end speed, but he is powerful and quick and can make people miss in the open field, and he has soft hands to handle screens.

missed where you made the call to start him this week? but if you are going to make calls after the game is over, that should up your good call percentage... :)

but it makes it very suspenseful waiting for who you like in that week's games until sunday night...

Is anyone worried here that after all they were playing the vikings? I mean they are a pretty soft defense and he looked pretty good but wasn't stand out'ish to be extremely valuable in the future. What happens when they come to a great D soon with the Jets and Ravens coming up after their bye. I liked him coming out but I am very curious to see what these D's can do to try and stop him or if they will completely shut him down because he does look a little timid behind the line with too many jump cuts.

Is anyone worried here that after all they were playing the vikings? I mean they are a pretty soft defense and he looked pretty good but wasn't stand out'ish to be extremely valuable in the future. What happens when they come to a great D soon with the Jets and Ravens coming up after their bye. I liked him coming out but I am very curious to see what these D's can do to try and stop him or if they will completely shut him down because he does look a little timid behind the line with too many jump cuts.
guess people see different things... I saw him making moves if he thought he could get extra yardage... there were times he ran between the tackles and took what was there?

It was his first regular season game. What did you want? The single game rushing record. He gets a week to work with the coaches and should show improvement in his second game.

What I saw that is vital:

1) in on passing downs (nice blocker)

2) caught the ball really well

3) got the goal line carries

How many guys in the NFL do all of that? Not a ton.

as both a Lions and MSU homer I was insanely conflicted and stupidly ignored my gut screaming to put Leveon in and played Joique Bell at my flex instead. very very frustrating.

But it's great to know he's 100% now and he's going to play ever week after the bye for sure. I suspected he was the best RB in this draft, and so far he looks like it. I think he's going to have a very nice career in Pittsburgh. And as someone who saw every carry of his in 3 years at MSU, you got only a taste of how versatile he is today. His agility for his size is off the charts. He'll never have top end speed, but he is powerful and quick and can make people miss in the open field, and he has soft hands to handle screens.
As a fellow MSU homer, but I hate the Lions. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. Going against your gut with these teams usually works out best.

These posts you have made in the past disagree with you patting yourself on the back

I saw Hillman heavily involved. The guy can spring plays with his speed and looks to have bulked up a smidge, too. Pretty much, the Wide Receivers spread the defense out in the Red Zone and Hillman will be able to use his quick acceleration to dot it in.

Starting to think Moreno is a decent bye-week WR3 and nothing more. The fact we saw Hillman in at the goalline, ehh. As someone who started Moreno that doesn't make me too happy.

I'm going to see what I can get out of him, because I have guys on the bench that matched what Moreno put up today. I'd rather have Cordarelle Patterson who might rattle off a Kick Return or at least a few receptions (PPR) in my flex.

What are people getting for Moreno? This obviously dampers his prospect, Manning was having way too much fun throwing the ball.

Again, not getting cute this week. Just picking teams who in my opinion are heavy favorites:

PARLAY:

Packers (-160) @ Bengals

$125 bet pays out $300 and all that needs to happen is for the Packers and Falcons to beat two-beatable teams? I'll take it. I'll have turned $50 into $200 in a 4-day span, so no complaints here if I lose. The initial investment was only $50.

EDIT:

Packers should be able to put away the Bengals who are still a fringe playoff team, they may win their division because it's terrible. And the Dolphins were likely to shut down Steven Jackson anyway, so I'm not sure why the Falcons are at +110. I'm pretty sure Julio Jones can will his way into winning that game all by himself.

You have been right about Wilson so far, sure, but quit acting like you are the next great thing to football. You are wrong just as much as you are right.
I can't be right all the time, I'm not Jesus. That's all you have a few quotes about Moreno?

I'm impressed at my ability thus far to pick Rookies even before drafted. And pick a few draft busts.

My teams being 11 - 5 so far tell me I'm doing something right.

And with sports betting, I am getting a lot better. You get smarter by being wrong. Both those Falcons and Packers games were very close.

*shrugs*

I'm not allowed to be excited about a player I hand picked before he was drafted producing? It tells me I do have a knack for scouting.

missed where you made the call to start him this week? but if you are going to make calls after the game is over, that should up your good call percentage... :)

but it makes it very suspenseful waiting for who you like in that week's games until sunday night...
Uh, I started the thread. :P . I thought it was a no-brainer to start him if you owned him.

Either way, he went off on my team so not much else matters to me.

PARLAY:

Packers (-160) @ Bengals

EDIT:

I can't be right all the time, I'm not Jesus. That's all you have a few quotes about Moreno?

I'm impressed at my ability thus far to pick Rookies even before drafted. And pick a few draft busts.

My teams being 11 - 5 so far tell me I'm doing something right.

And with sports betting, I am getting a lot better. You get smarter by being wrong. Both those Falcons and Packers games were very close.

*shrugs*

I'm not allowed to be excited about a player I hand picked before he was drafted producing? It tells me I do have a knack for scouting.
You are allowed to be excited, but when you pat yourself on the back, refer to yourself in the third person, quote your post without anyone else commenting on it you look like a d-bag. There are enough internet tough guys on these forums, if you get some right trust me people will give you your due. You don't need to do it yourself.

Uh, I started the thread. :P . I thought it was a no-brainer to start him if you owned him.

Either way, he went off on my team so not much else matters to me.
make sure and let us know your other no brainers after the fact...

Just stop making it about you. Simple.
Uh, what? I'm not allowed to be happy when I'm right about something?

I made a call month's ago and it paid off. Bell is a beast, nuff said.

Don't like me bragging? Don't read my threads, your loss.
One game you are ready to call him a beast, but you get pissed when people in the Wilson thread yelled at you after you called him a flop after 1 game? Good logic

It was the Vikings, and he was supposed to do that. And he did.

You can be happy, but do know how miserable this place is with everyone always making it about themselves on every little thing? Sure you do.

Holy #### guys, Eminence happened to start the thread about a generally well-liked prospect!

Why don't you forward this to a scouting agency, on that salary you'll probably be able to afford that Mazda, champ.

i dont think he will be a consistent performer this year since the steeler O-line is so terrible.... but I was VERY encouraged that in his first game he was the bell cow back... i full expected dwyer/jones to spell him often.... i had nothing else at RB so I was rewarded this week by starting him... but i would defnitely consider selling high in a re-draft before they play week 6.

Wilson is a dud 38 carries for 130 yards = 3.68 yards per carry

Bell is a beast 16 carries for 57 yards = 3.56 yards per carry

Vikings versus the run this year

Week 1 Bush 21 - 90 Lions 33 - 117

Week 2 Forte 19 - 90 Bears 27 - 127

Week 3 Browns since no one got more then 8 carries and I am not listing them all 17 - 93

Week 4 Bell 16 - 57 Steelers 20 - 77

This is why you don't boast, it is hard to predict touchdowns. Yes, Bell got them and that is great, but lets not call him a beast just yet, he could be. This was his first game off an injury and there could be some rust, or he just got a couple of touchdowns against a horrible Vikings defense. He also might be lucky to average 4 yards a carry this year behind a horrible offensive line and only have value if he scores that week.

So slow down before you go around calling yourself the next author of "Moneyball" the NFL version.

Always irritable when you have a guy go off on your bench however in this case I am simply happy to find an RB3 for my team who will immediately elevate to an RB2 behind Jamaal Charles. I hope Bell can be good for a solid 12-14 a week and a few 20+ like this past week would make him a borderline RB1.

:fingerscrossed:

Stop it already. We don't care about YOU, we care about legit fantasy football discussion and information and perhaps some witty and amusing banter.

I'm seeing far too little of any of the latter and far too much of the former.

Lets please get back to football points and not how great our predictions of a month ago may or may not have been. It's growing tired.

I think Bell managed to get some yardage that otherwise would not have been there without those jump cuts, which were very nice moves by the way. He also made tacklers miss with those. The TD run was almost blown up Chad Greenway, but the play was designed to trap him inside and Bell got to the outside off of the trap as well as a good block by Miller downfield.

The best thing about this is that the foot seems healthy enough that Bell could make these moves.

The offensive line still a work in progress. If they start blocking better maybe he won't need to look tentative and can just get downhill. That was not happening on the opportunities he got that I saw.

Week 3 Browns since no one got more then 8 carries and I am not listing them all 17 - 93

This is why you don't boast, it is hard to predict touchdowns. Yes, Bell got them and that is great, but lets not call him a beast just yet, he could be. This was his first game off an injury and there could be some rust, or he just got a couple of touchdowns against a horrible Vikings defense. He also might be lucky to average 4 yards a carry this year behind a horrible offensive line and only have value if he scores that week.

So slow down before you go around calling yourself the next author of "Moneyball" the NFL version.
I think it's important to look at other factors, though.

1-He got 3 GL opps (inside opponent's 5). That is obviously good news.

2-He was involved in the passing game. 5 targets, 4 catches. It looks like the Steelers are going to give him the opportunity to be a 3-down RB .

3-He had 3 short-yardage opportunities. He converted on 2 of them (I personally think he converted on the 1st run from the 1 yard line). If you factor those out (and I know they count, but bear with me), he had 13 carries for 55 yards, which is a 4.2 YPC average.

4-He ran hard, on a couple of his short gains (or no-gainers), he got more yards than were there by running through tackles, or making defenders miss.

5-For re-draft leagues, he is definitely a keeper, as he looks like he might be one of those rare 3-down RBs. For dynasty, he is definitely a keeper. The Steelers look to likely have a high draft pick. If they are smart, and use it on a O-lineman, that would benefit Bell.

2-He was involved in the passing game. 5 targets, 4 catches. It looks like the Steelers are going to give him the opportunity to be a 3-down RB .

3-He had 3 short-yardage opportunities. He converted on 2 of them (I personally think he converted on the 1st run from the 1 yard line). If you factor those out (and I know they count, but bear with me), he had 13 carries for 55 yards, which is a 4.2 YPC average.

4-He ran hard, on a couple of his short gains (or no-gainers), he got more yards than were there by running through tackles, or making defenders miss.

5-For re-draft leagues, he is definitely a keeper, as he looks like he might be one of those rare 3-down RBs. For dynasty, he is definitely a keeper. The Steelers look to likely have a high draft pick. If they are smart, and use it on a O-lineman, that would benefit Bell.
I agree with everything you said, I love Bell. I am a MSU grad and am mad at myself for trading him. This was more aimed at Eminence and his constant boasting in this thread and the Wilson thread about he knew how good Bell was and how bad Wilson sucked, and after one game he had declared Wilson a bust and now one game in he called Bell a beast after averaging under 4 yards per carry against a horrible Vikings defense.

I agree with everything you said, I love Bell. I am a MSU grad and am mad at myself for trading him. This was more aimed at Eminence and his constant boasting in this thread and the Wilson thread about he knew how good Bell was and how bad Wilson sucked, and after one game he had declared Wilson a bust and now one game in he called Bell a beast after averaging under 4 yards per carry against a horrible Vikings defense.
Of course it's these brilliant decisions where he won't do anything to make it about him and own up to the blatant hypocrisy.

Oh, and nothing funnier than claiming moral/intellectual superiority because he started a thread. A chimp can scroll over to "Add Topic" and click the left mouse button...

Users who are viewing this thread