Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 11:04 AM, Dr. Octopus said:

Maybe, just maybe, Kenyan Drake is nowhere close to as good as LeVeon Bell?

Does that mean Gase is more or less likely to make an example out of Le'veon when he looks at Gase the wrong way? 

I really like Le'veon, but Gase is a complete idiot who constantly makes points by benching the best players.  Jay Ajayi, Devante Parker, Kenyan Drake were all held back by Gase being so smart he can win with inferior talent as long as they obey his every command at all times. 

Edited by kittenmittens

On 5/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, kittenmittens said:

Does that mean Gase is more or less likely to make an example out of Le'veon when he looks at Gase the wrong way? 

I really like Le'veon, but Gase is a complete idiot who constantly makes points by benching the best players.  Jay Ajayi, Devante Parker, Kenyan Drake were all held back by Gase being so smart he can win with inferior talent as long as they obey his every command at all times. 

Devante Parker was held back by Devante Parker

• Like 4

On 5/17/2019 at 12:17 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

Why would a team give up a pick next year when they could have had him without sacrificing a pick this year?

Correct me if I am wrong but has happened before I believe? And I think the Jets were involved? I thought they signed Teddy Bridgewater, drafted Darnold and then traded Bridgewater to the Saints for a pick? I'm going on my feeble memory so I may be wrong.

44 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

Correct me if I am wrong but has happened before I believe? And I think the Jets were involved? I thought they signed Teddy Bridgewater, drafted Darnold and then traded Bridgewater to the Saints for a pick? I'm going on my feeble memory so I may be wrong.

I think that's true.

And I think I read that if the Jets trade him, they eat the signing bonus - which would be enticing to the new team. 

It would be similar to the Browns paying umpteen million dollars to Houston to get Osweiler and a second.

Jets coach Adam Gase said he is "excited" Le'Veon Bell is on the team.

Gase was reportedly not on board with paying a running back big money in free agency, but he says he is happy to coach Bell now that he is on the team. "Everybody can criticize the contract all you want, but he's here," Gase said. "When you get a chance to coach a great player, I'm excited for that opportunity." The coach also shot down chatter about the Jets trading Bell now that ex-GM Mike Maccagnan is out the door, calling the idea ridiculous. Despite the rocky offseason, Bell should be a workhorse in 2019.

SOURCE: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

May 23, 2019, 10:20 AM ET

On 5/14/2019 at 12:12 PM, jm192 said:

If he winds up falling to the 2nd, slam dunk.  But I don't think that will be the case.

I just got him pick 2 of round 2. It’s an FFPC superflex league where Mahomes and Luck are already drafted but even still he’s likely falling to the 12-14 overall range. I couldn’t pass him up.

Le'Veon Bell reported to the Jets' facilities ahead of Tuesday's mandatory minicamp.

Although his attendance was never in doubt, Jets fans can breathe a sigh of relief that Bell is in the building and ready to go for the team's three-day minicamp — the first and only mandatory event of the spring. Had he not shown up, Bell would've been subjected to numerous fines. It will be the first time we've seen the 27-year-old on a practice field in the last 17 months.

SOURCE: New York Jets on Twitter

Jun 3, 2019, 4:38 PM ET

I'm a dinosaur, can't post links from my phone. Google 'Leveon Bell girlfriends jewelry theft'

Dated some girls like that in college- but only ended up losing a couple cases of Natty light

So instead of the voluntary camp, he was living with two girls in Miami, who ultimately robbed him. And now he is playing catch-up with the playbook. 

• Laughing 1

15 hours ago, nittanylion said:

I'm a dinosaur, can't post links from my phone. Google 'Leveon Bell girlfriends jewelry theft'

USA Today Link   Only in Florida!  

Portion of article: 

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (AP) — Police say two female acquaintances vanished with more than half a million dollars in jewelry from star NFL running back Le'Veon Bell's Florida home.

Hollywood police say Bell returned from the gym May 25 and found the women gone and his jewelry missing. The police report obtained by The Associated Press refers to the two women as Bell's girlfriends.

Bell said items in his closet were in disarray and all his jewelry was missing, including two gold chains with diamonds, a black panther pendant with black and white diamonds and a Rolex. They total $520,000.

A fool and his money (bling) are soon parted.  I can't muster up much sympathy for someone wealthy enough to squander that much $ on jewelry and not have enough sense to protect it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 12:44 PM, ComfortablyNumb said:

A fool and his money (bling) are soon parted.  I can't muster up much sympathy for someone wealthy enough to squander that much $ on jewelry and not have enough sense to protect it.

Protect it?  As in somewhere other than in his own house?  Ahh yes, those idiots with lots of money should have a safe in each room where they lock up their valuables whenever not in use.  

Edited by SayWhat?
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 12:44 PM, ComfortablyNumb said:

I don't think he is asking for your sympathy.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:44 PM, ComfortablyNumb said:

It was in his house and people he knew stole it. Where do you keep your valuable stuff? Do you have your own bank vault somewhere?

I heard that one should never keep valuable things lying around when spending time with a female who one gives money to, for said time.

3 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Protect it?  As in somewhere other than in his own house?  Ahh yes, those idiots with lots of money should have a safe in each room where they lock up their valuables whenever not in use.  

I sure would if I had half a million in jewelry.  Especially if all my girlfriends were at my house at the same time.  

A safe is what, a grand?  Nah, rather just chance half a million stolen.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

It was in his house and people he knew stole it. Where do you keep your valuable stuff? Do you have your own bank vault somewhere?

If you had 500 grand of jewelry, where would YOU keep it?

23 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

I sure would if I had half a million in jewelry.  Especially if all my girlfriends were at my house at the same time.  

A safe is what, a grand?  Nah, rather just chance half a million stolen.

I’m not saying that I wouldn’t lock up that much in jewelry either. But it’s his GD house.  I’m not going to blame a man for trusting that his house and whatever is inside it is safe.  Especially considering he likely has a fenced/gated property and state of the art security system. Just speaks more to the company he’s kept than anything else.  

44 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

In my house.

56 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

At my house.

40 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

I’m not saying that I wouldn’t lock up that much in jewelry either. But it’s his GD house.  I’m not going to blame a man for trusting that his house and whatever is inside it is safe.  Especially considering he likely has a fenced/gated property and state of the art security system. Just speaks more to the company he’s kept than anything else.  

Then why do safes even exist?  I dont see many on the outside of houses.  It's cheaper than I surance

11 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

At my house.

Where?  Under the mattress? In the silverware drawer?  Above the fireplace?  Or in a GD safe protected from gold diggers and/or thieves?

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

Where?  Under the mattress? In the silverware drawer?  Above the fireplace?  Or in a GD safe protected from gold diggers and/or thieves?

Do we know where he kept it? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Just speaks more to the company he’s kept than anything else.  

It speaks to him being an idiots for the company he keeps and also for being stupid for how he stores his mega valuables.

3 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Then why do safes even exist?  I dont see many on the outside of houses.  It's cheaper than I surance

Maybe he has a safe and they found the key or combo somehow. We don’t really know enough to call him an idiot.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Maybe he has a safe and they found the key or combo somehow. We don’t really know enough to call him an idiot.

Yeah we do.

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

Yeah we do.

Agree.  I have a few pieces of valuable jewelry.  I keep them in a lock box at the bank.

Guy is an idiot to leave stuff like that lying around, especially when sketchy company is frequenting his home.  Or maybe half a million just isn't that important to him.

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

C'mon man the dude lost 500 THOUSAND dollars worth of jewelry.  There are no extenuating circumstances that relieve him of being an idiot.  Even granting the assumption that he had it locked in a safe, if someone got access to it it's because he's an idiot leaving the key around or the combo something they could find/guess/figure out.

3 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

C'mon man the dude lost 500 THOUSAND dollars worth of jewelry.  There are no extenuating circumstances that relieve him of being an idiot.  Even granting the assumption that he had it locked in a safe, if someone got access to it it's because he's an idiot leaving the key around or the combo something they could find/guess/figure out.

Yeah, I can say he made a ton a mistakes - and not just here - so I’ll stop defending him. I feel most of the things in my house are safe, but I really don’t know how well he knew those girls, but I’d guess not very well. 

4 hours ago, leftcoastheel said:

Agree.  I have a few pieces of valuable jewelry.  I keep them in a lock box at the bank.

Guy is an idiot to leave stuff like that lying around, especially when sketchy company is frequenting his home.  Or maybe half a million just isn't that important to him.

Agreed.  You know what he should do after he blows 500K on some asinine jewelry?  Go put it in a lock box at the bank. That would be completely logical.  

2 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Agreed.  You know what he should do after he blows 500K on some asinine jewelry?  Go put it in a lock box at the bank. That would be completely logical.  

Are you seriously making fun of someone who believes that a person who has $.5M in jewelry ought to have a safe in the house to put it into?  Hell, we’ve got a fireproof safe in our house for all our critical documents, our passports, and my wife’s jewelry that is worth a lot less than that.  I guess that makes me stupid in your eyes.  Wow.

4 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Are you seriously making fun of someone who believes that a person who has $.5M in jewelry ought to have a safe in the house to put it into?  Hell, we’ve got a fireproof safe in our house for all our critical documents, our passports, and my wife’s jewelry that is worth a lot less than that.  I guess that makes me stupid in your eyes.  Wow.

Yes he is.  He probably also doesn't believe in securing firearms that you keep in your house... or purchase, you know, insurance for your home.  Anyhow, I guess some people have a different value system...

Point is the theft could have been pretty easily avoidable with an ounce of forethought and/or care for $500K of valuables.

10 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

So do I, genius.  Read on...

10 hours ago, leftcoastheel said:

Yes he is.  He probably also doesn't believe in securing firearms that you keep in your house... or purchase, you know, insurance for your home.  Anyhow, I guess some people have a different value system...

Point is the theft could have been pretty easily avoidable with an ounce of forethought and/or care for $500K of valuables.

You guys don’t get it at all.  Let’s try to spell this out a bit more clearly, especially in regards to your comment that you keep your valuables in a lock box at a bank.  This is a multi-millionaire who spent (at least) 500K on jewelry.  Without knowing a damn thing about LeVeon Bell I can guarantee you this...that wasn’t an investment.  He didn’t buy that jewelry to store it in a ####### lock box at a bank.  :lmao:  He wants people to see it.  He wants to be seen wearing it.  He probably has it laying next to the TV in his living room when he’s not wearing it.  Would a logical person at least lock it in a safe when they’re not wearing it.  Of course.  Are people that spend that much on jewelry logical.  What do you think?  

But to think that a professional athlete would spend 500K on jewelry and then go store it in a lock box never to see the light of day is nonsensical.  That’s why I said this:

10 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Posted (edited)

No, I would not expect someone to lock something in a safe at the bank that they actually intend to use with any sort of frequency.   

Passports, SS cards, family valuables..........that stuff makes sense to keep at the bank and would affect us if we lost it a whole lot more than something that had more monetary value.  

Now, if he had his stuff at home in a 3 thousand dollar safe that weighed a ton and these ladies went all Italian Job on him, then I wouldnt blame him one bit.  I simply doubt that was the case.  He probably bad it jn a shoe box labeled diamonds.

It's probably all insured anyway.  Who knows, maybe he comes out ahead in the deal.

Edited by ghostguy123

1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

So do I, genius.  Read on...

You guys don’t get it at all. 

Well, that’s a nice double dip.  Profound irony and profound condescending sarcasm all in such a short space.

4 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Well, that’s a nice double dip.  Profound irony and profound condescending sarcasm all in such a short space.

Throw some logic on there for the triple up.  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Throw some logic on there for the triple up.  :thumbup:

Nope.  A lot lot of that missing.

7 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Nope.  A lot lot of that missing.

Correct.  Which is why after you jumped in to quote me (in a response that wasn’t to you) and you failed to use any, I felt the need to help you out.  We’re now derailing a thread and I can’t help you any further. Good luck to you my friend.

Posted (edited)

Need to rename this forum the Kardashian Fan Club Pool.

Edited by matuski