Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

13 hours ago, Bronco Billy said:

Nope.  A lot lot of that missing.

13 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Correct.  Which is why after you jumped in to quote me (in a response that wasn’t to you) and you failed to use any, I felt the need to help you out.  We’re now derailing a thread and I can’t help you any further. Good luck to you my friend.

I didn’t follow this enough to see who "started it"but can you guys please stop the pissing contest. 

I dig both of your contributions to the Shark Pool. 

The Shark Pool thanks you. 

4 hours ago, joey said:

I didn’t follow this enough to see who "started it"but can you guys please stop the pissing contest. 

I dig both of your contributions to the Shark Pool. 

The Shark Pool thanks you. 

I was done.  And thanks for your PSA concern about those last 2 responses of mine and how they affect the now 171 pages of material here.  And now I’m done with this specific discussion too, so you don’t have to worry about it in this case unless you perpetuate it.

Aside from the fact he called 911 to report an hours-old non-emergency, this doesn't sound like anything at all to me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lod001 said:

What a moron. At least we got a good description of them. :lmao:

can sizes?

Edited by grateful zed

"other things of value"...."things I USE"

So basically, they stole his weed.

Damn.  At 27 I was married with 2 kids, a stay at home wife,  a house with a nice mortgage and another kid on the way.

I am having a hard time relating to Le'Veon's predicament of leaving 2 naked young ladies that I don't know in bed while I leave to work out and then coming home to find them gone and so is $1 million of my money, jewelry and clothes.

• Like 1

Le'Veon Bell said he's "up for 500 [touches]" if the Jets win the Super Bowl.

Lofty expectations aside, Bell had more than 400 touches two years ago before remaining on the sidelines in 2018. After some rumors of Bell gaining weight this offseason, his teammates and the team believe he's in shape heading into the preseason. Coach Adam Gase also mentioned this week that the Jets may limit his preseason touches. "It’s a new offense," Gase said Wednesday. "We’ll be smart. He’s not going to be walking out of camp with the most reps he’s ever had." Gase's slower pace over the years could slightly cap Bell's upside, but he'll be coming off draft boards as a mid-level RB1.

SOURCE: Andy Vasquez on Twitter

Jul 25, 2019, 12:30 PM ET

41 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

Gase's record of RBs isn't awe-inspiring..

Gase's previous RB's aren't awe-inspiring.

Edited by matuski

4 hours ago, Faust said:

Gase's slower pace over the years could slightly cap Bell's upside

This does not worry me, if you look at his career in the NFL...

2013 - OC for DEN - they led the league in total plays - Knowshon Moreno had his only 1K rushing season, totals 1586 yds and 13 TD's - finished as RB4

2014 - OC for DEN - 7th in NFL in total plays - Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball share the first 8 starts and just aren't getting it done - CJ Anderson starts the last 8 games, with 1057 yds and 10 TD's - finished RB1 during 2nd half of season (ironically, the RB2 was Leveon)

2015 - OC for CHI - 18th in total plays - he gets 30 yr old Matt Forte near the end of his career, who still manages to finish RB7 in only 13 games

2016 - HC for MIA - 32nd in total plays - Jay Ajayi starts the last 12 games and finishes RB8 during the span

2017 - HC for MIA - 22nd in total plays - Ajayi, Drake, and Williams share starts - only Drake has any real success - bad season for MIA RB's

2018 - HC for MIA - 32nd in total plays - the passing game blows, but the running game is quite good actually (I think they should've given Drake more opportunities earlier in the season) - All 3 MIA RB's average 4.5 YPC or higher - Drake finishes RB14 on only 173 touches and over 1K yds

From the numbers above, it seems Gase gets what he can given the players he is dealt.  It won't matter how slow the pace is for the Jets.  My real concern is how Bell's patient running style will mesh with the OL, but volume will be a non-issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

They throwing him the ball yo. He's a lock for top 7 RB finish barring injury. 

Kinda how I see it too - too much volume not to finish as a top RB, and even better in PPR.  I would be totally shocked if he finished outside the top 10.

6 hours ago, Milkman said:

They throwing him the ball yo. He's a lock for top 7 RB finish barring injury. 

i would agree.... but where in the top 7 is he finishing? because fantasy points wise RB7 is <<<< than RB1-3 usually at the end of the year

39 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

That’s ok Bell. I won the dynasty where you’re on my team anyway - and I didn’t even have Conner.

same here, with conner, who would not have been relevent had bell played.

leveon did my team a favor, two 2019 studs for the price of one, favored to repeat.

an instance where it pays big to handcuff your studs.

Edited by grateful zed

On 7/25/2019 at 8:43 PM, TheWinz said:

From the numbers above, it seems Gase gets what he can given the players he is dealt.  It won't matter how slow the pace is for the Jets.  My real concern is how Bell's patient running style will mesh with the OL, but volume will be a non-issue.

Agreed... Beside, from what I understand, Gase has never had a RB with superb caliber like Bell especially in receiving aspect.  He may not get 300+ rushing attempts this year but at least he'll get at least 80 targets.  So I believe he'll get at least 300+ touches.  Gase knows how valuable he is to Darnold especially in screen and short passes.  

Edited by Aznflyer14

Le'Veon Bell will not play in the Jets' preseason opener.

It's a smart move after Bell sat out 2018. The Jets plan to limit Bell's preseason touches, but he's going to get enough reps to be comfortable in the new offense. Bell may not see the massive workloads he got in Pittsburgh coming off a long layoff on a depth chart with a few pass catchers behind him, but he's safe to draft as a mid-range RB1.

SOURCE: New York Post

Aug 7, 2019, 4:38 PM ET

What is the story with the Jets O line this year?  For those considering Bell?

They did add Ryan Kalil after that article was written

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Penguin said:

They did add Ryan Kalil after that article was written

And Washington without Trent isn’t in the upper half. Sounds like that relationship is broken, it’s more about the medical staff & lack of trust than not having any guaranteed money left on his current deal.

4 hours ago, xenon said:

What is the story with the Jets O line this year?  For those considering Bell?

still pretty below average. WIth Kalil or without. I keep hearing blurbs about Ty Montgomery too so keep that in mind.

14 minutes ago, pbandy1 said:

still pretty below average. WIth Kalil or without. I keep hearing blurbs about Ty Montgomery too so keep that in mind.

Montgomery will be a hybrid tool, he won't eat into Bell's touches

6 hours ago, pbandy1 said:

Reports from camp are that the oline actually looks really good and that's before Kalil although Winters just got hurt.

Gase loves Montgomery and they're are using both on the field at the same time in practice.  Bell started off slowly, but has been looking really good. The only concern might be conditioning and usage. The reports say that Bell comes in makes a good run and comes out.  So the question is are they working him slowly or will this be a trend during the season that limits his touches. For now I would say the former, but it's still a risk that must be considered.