Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

15 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I've been offered Devonta Freeman for Le'Veon Bell in a redraft league.  Not an easy decision.

I think its a pretty easy decision. I'd greatly prefer Bell. Jets schedule is the easiest in the NFL going forward, and he sees like 90% of the RB work. 

Maybe I have my head in sand here, but I am kinda glad Bell isn't likely getting dealt today. I could see a top-5 RB down the stretch, if Darnold is even somewhere between Buffalo/Dallas and NE/Jags Darnold. Bell could be a serious threat for #1 overall if we get Dallas Darnold. 

Jets remaining schedule: Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Ravens, Steelers. Jets could realistically win 5 of those. 

Edited by travdogg
  • Like 4

Le'Veon Bell admitted he was "angry and frustrated" at his lack of touches in the Jets' Week 8 loss to Jacksonville.

Bell saw his lightest workload of the season last week (11 touches), which obviously didn't sit well with the sixth-year workhorse. Luckily that's all water under the bridge as Bell and coach Adam Gase spoke afterwards and are on the same page. Bell said he expects to be more involved Sunday against Miami. If you believe in the squeaky wheel narrative, this could be the blow-up spot Bell owners have been waiting for all year. He's not going to get a better matchup than this.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 3:51 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell says the Steelers were amongst the teams trying to trade for him ahead of Tuesday's deadline.

Appearing on a podcast, Bell also said the Texans, Chiefs and Packers were in the mix. The Packers are hard to take seriously, but the other three teams are not surprising. Bell also insisted there were no hard feelings between him and the Jets over the team taking calls on his availability. Reportedly steamed about his Week 8 usage, Bell is looking like a big-time squeaky wheel candidate for Sunday's gorgeous spot with the Dolphins.

RELATED: 

Pittsburgh Steelers

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 5:48 PM ET

After both the Texans and the Chiefs fall to the Pats in the playoffs later this year, they will both make a play for Bell for 2020. Since Mahomes is way better at getting the ball to the RB in space, the Chiefs is the preferred landing spot.

14 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I don't believe for a second the Steelers were trying to trade for Bell.

Why? They were willing to pay him $15MM for just one season and reportedly offered him a similar contract to what he got from the Jets prior to tagging him.

58 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Why? They were willing to pay him $15MM for just one season and reportedly offered him a similar contract to what he got from the Jets prior to tagging him.

Because they already have an established starting RB (though not as accomplished), they have salary cap issues, Bell isn't exactly tearing it up in NY and he trashed the Steelers team and QB since his departure.

Other than that I have nothing.

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Why would you believe Bell ?

When media outlets say "shopping" I generally just assume it means "listening to offers on" because it doesn't make any sense to not answer calls and listen to offers. Realistically, there isn't a player in the league that is beyond the range of a trade. Some have enough clout to say "I'll retire" ala Gronk to the Lions, and some would take a Ricky Williams-esque "my whole upcoming draft allotment" for 1 guy, but they are all assets to be moved if a Godfather deal comes through. 

I'm excited to see Bell vs. MIA this weekend. I have to start Darnold with Mahomie out again so a few Cap't Checkdown TDs would be gravy. :D

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Because they already have an established starting RB (though not as accomplished), they have salary cap issues, Bell isn't exactly tearing it up in NY and he trashed the Steelers team and QB since his departure.

All good points except the tearing it up in NY part.

Bell is the biggest liar in the league... bar none. Remember all the teams “interested” in him in FA and it was just the Jets with their mediocre offer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

He isn’t tearing it up because of Gase and the supporting cast. He’s looked great and he’s the only guy that shows up and plays hard every week. Also I was under the impression their RB broke his clavicle.

• Like 2

As a Bell owner, I love that he is publicly whining about his lack of usage.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  I think he gets 25-30 touches this week.

2 hours ago, moondog said:

Why would you believe Bell ?

I don’t believe him or not believe him to be honest. I have no idea. I don’t see any upside on him lying but I can see him thinking he’s being funny or something I guess.

25 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

As a Bell owner, I love that he is publicly whining about his lack of usage.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  I think he gets 25-30 touches this week.

I seem to recall Bell whining about being over-used.   Maybe he's just a whiner.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

He isn’t tearing it up because of Gase and the supporting cast. He’s looked great and he’s the only guy that shows up and plays hard every week. Also I was under the impression their RB broke his clavicle.

The only thing I've heard is an AC sprain.  As far as I know Conner's clavicle is not broken.

I am sure that you are right that Bell's lack of production is partially due to the offense and the way he's being utilized but he certainly made it clear e didn't like the way he was used in Pittsburgh.   However the biggest reason I don't believe Bell is there is no way the Steelers could have fit his salary under the cap.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

So shocked he's done nothing with the jets. Who could have seen that coming, hmm.

Well that’s not true at all - so there’s that. The guy has been their best player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irish eyes said:

So shocked he's done nothing with the jets. Who could have seen that coming, hmm.

It's obvious you need to quit football.  You're a bigger whiner than he is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irish eyes said:

So shocked the Steelers have sucked without Bell & Brown.  Who could have seen that coming, hmm.

Correlation doesn’t equal causation.  Perhaps the injuries to Ben, Conner, and others has more to do with Pitt sucking this year than missing Bell & Brown.  And perhaps the injuries/illnesses of Darnold, the Jets o-line, and their defensive players has contributed to NYJ being unable to get into positive game scripts for Bell, hmm.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:38 AM, Godsbrother said:

Confirmed by Schefter.

On 10/29/2019 at 9:17 AM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

How ridiculous is this. Jets fans must be livid.

Yeah. Shedding Bell would still mean a huge dead money cap hit from what I understand. 

What a brilliant pick I made with Bell at 8th overall.....just brilliant.

NY Daily News' Manish Mehta reports Le'Veon Bell (knee) underwent an MRI on his knee Monday.

Coach Adam Gase said he was unaware of Bell's knee issue until the running back wasn't around for Monday's meetings; Gase is also unclear on the severity. This surprise injury could explain why the team's $52-million workhorse mustered only one seven-plus yard rush on 25 touches in New York's Week 9 loss to the Dolphins. We'll have an update when the team passes one on along, but Ty Montgomery warrants consideration at the end of rosters heading into Tuesday night's waivers even if Bell's cleared.

SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Nov 4, 2019, 2:11 PM ET

Maybe he's just tired of staying in to block instead of getting the 30+ touches he should be getting. I'm definitely not surprised that Gase was unaware of any of this.

How embarrassing as a HC is it to admit you didn't know about a star player's ligament injury until he wasn't in a meeting. Why even say that. #######. 

• Like 2

Not seeing anything to suggest Bell isn't going to start this week. MRI's very often mean nothing. Bell had one already on his shoulder and missed like 1 practice.

That said, this offense is in shambles. They should have hit 30+ points vs Miami. Still think Bell can be a high-end RB2, but that amazing schedule leading to a top-5 down the stretch finish, is looking a ton less likely.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

How embarrassing as a HC is it to admit you didn't know about a star player's ligament injury until he wasn't in a meeting. Why even say that. #######. 

Maybe he's trying to take on some of the "QB see's ghosts out there" heat?

2 hours ago, Hu-Tang Clan said:

Maybe he's just tired of staying in to block instead of getting the 30+ touches he should be getting. I'm definitely not surprised that Gase was unaware of any of this.

I thought Bell did not want a big work load to preserve his body?

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, Todem said:

What a brilliant pick I made with Bell at 8th overall.....just brilliant.

A guy in my league took Bell and  Antonio Brown with the last pick of the first rd and first pick of second.  Needless to say he is not too happy right now as team is floundering.

Le'Veon Bell (knee) won't practice Wednesday.

Coach Adam Gase said the team would "see how he progresses after that." The Jets promoted RB Josh Adams from the practice squad on Tuesday, which would signal a lack of faith in Bell's availability. The team did claim the move was to block another team from signing Adams. The situation is far from hopeless, but Bell owners need to be making alternate plans ahead of Sunday's inter-stadium date with the Giants.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Nov 5, 2019, 4:12 PM ET

On 11/3/2019 at 12:28 PM, Dr. Octopus said:

Confirmed by Schefter.

and denied by Tomlin.  I know people around here think that Schefter walks on water but the story makes no sense because the Steelers had no cap room to sign Bell even if the Jets were asking for a 7th round pick

• Like 1

Lol this team can’t figure out how to beat the Dolphins but they’re out there blocking teams (I’d guess the Dolphins) from sniping their practice squad scrub RBs. Way to go Gase! God he’s such a moron.

Le'Veon Bell (knee) is questionable for the Jets' Week 10 matchup against the Giants.

When asked of Bell's chances of playing Week 10 against the Giants, Jets coach Adam Gase said, "It looks good." It's better to treat Bell as more of an upside RB2 based on volume alone if active against the Giants in Week 10. He's the PPR RB15 this season despite the Jets' general ineptitude and set up well against the Giants' 23rd-ranked defense in fewest PPR per game allowed to opposing RBs. The Jets would likely utilize a two-back committee of sorts with Ty Montgomery as the lead pass-down back and Bilal Powell as the primary early-down option if Bell ultimately misses time. Each would be thin plays inside of the league's 31st-ranked scoring offense.

SOURCE: Jets on Twitter.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:54 PM ET

I'm feeling sketchy about owning Le'Veon Bell.  He has a coach that seems to have a vested interest in having Le'Veon fail.  If Le'Veon fails, Gase can say "I told you so".  If Le'Veon succeeds, Gase will have to swallow his pride.  But Bell passes the eye test.  He is a beast.  With PPR skills.  He is capable of 30+ touches.  I'm going to assume that Le'Veon slapped Gase into understanding his position when they had their tete-a-tete.  I'm going to go with Bell's obvious talent and impact over Gase's pride and insecurities.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Le'Veon Bell (knee) said he will play Week 10 against the Giants.

This was expected after coach Adam Gase said, "It looks good" when he was asked about Bell playing on Sunday. Despite the Jets' massive struggles on offense, Bell has managed to be the RB15 this season. Bell will be on the RB1/2 borderline in PPR leagues against the Giants.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 9, 2019, 7:14 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell (knee) is active for Week 10 against the Giants.

This was expected despite Bell not practicing much this week. He should see his normal workload against a Giants defense that's been shredded by the run this season. Inactive for the Jets are DL Jordan Willis, LB Neville Hewit, C Ryan Kalil, OL Connor McDermott, LB C.J. Mosely, CB Darryl Roberts, and S Blake Countess

Nov 10, 2019, 11:41 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell had 18 carries for 34 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 34 yards in Week 10 against the Giants.

Bell was held in check all game by the Giants defensive line, with a long run of four yards. He converted a goal-line carry to give the Jets a fourth-quarter lead that ended up sealing the win. Other than that, Bell really struggled in this one. It's been a tough year for Bell, who looks miscast in Adam Gase's zone-run scheme. Bell has another favorable spot against the Redskins in Week 11.

12.8 FP in standard, not shabby at all.

Edited by The Frankman

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/13/leveon-bell-out-of-practice-with-an-illness/

Haven’t seen this reported anywhere.

Most of the time when I see these random “illnesses” it seems to not have much affect on the player... but interesting none the less that no one is talking about it.

Heck, he doesn’t even have a practice update on his yahoo report.

Rotoworld:

Le'Veon Bell (ribs, illness) will be limited in practice Thursday.

Bell himself along with coach Adam Gase have already clarified that the Jets' starting RB is good to go for Sunday's matchup against the Raiders. Bell has at least 15 touches in all but one game this season, but is averaging career-low marks in both yards per carry (3.1) and yards per target (5). Up next is another glorious matchup against the Redskins' 26th-ranked defense in fewest PPR per game allowed to opposing RBs. Still, Bell is better treated as a low-end RB2 inside of the Jets' 30th-ranked scoring offense.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter.

Nov 14, 2019, 10:59 AM ET