What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (6 Viewers)

Le'Veon Bell rushed 10 times for 32 yards in the Jets' Week 13 loss to the Bengals, adding four receptions for 35 additional yards.

It was yet another barely-there day for Bell in the most forgettable of seasons. Bell's longest run went for seven yards, though he did have a 22-yarder on a 3rd-and-14 called back by penalty. Making zero impact behind a truly putrid offensive line, Bell is no longer shifty enough to make plays on his own. He will remain a low-end, usage-based RB2 for Week 14 against the Dolphins.

Dec 1, 2019, 5:18 PM ET

He'd be smart not to waste any more time on the field with this team. Collect the big paycheck for nothing and wait for the Jets to figure out how to move him.

What a suck season for Bell.  Good job leaving Pittsburgh so you can suck. 
I tried to find my "loser" thread about Jalen Ramsey and the likes of him, but I couldn't find it due to the search function.

Oh well, Bell was example 1A of losers going to losing teams and looking putrid in the process, both professionally and athletically.

I tried to find my "loser" thread about Jalen Ramsey and the likes of him, but I couldn't find it due to the search function.

Oh well, Bell was example 1A of losers going to losing teams and looking putrid in the process, both professionally and athletically.
He definitely ended up on the losing end of the deal and he didn't help the RB position gain any contract $ either. The only thing that helps that is a stud RB winning the SB and the Rams failed miserably at that. I can see him in KC or back in PIT next year.

He definitely ended up on the losing end of the deal and he didn't help the RB position gain any contract $ either. The only thing that helps that is a stud RB winning the SB and the Rams failed miserably at that. I can see him in KC or back in PIT next year.
I could totally see Pittsburgh giving up a pick, eating salary, and mending fences.

Question is whether this year was a function of player decline or of a bad offensive line and bad usage by a bad coach and a bad GM and FO.

How deep doth the Jets dysfunction run, run, run?

I could totally see Pittsburgh giving up a pick, eating salary, and mending fences.

Question is whether this year was a function of player decline or of a bad offensive line and bad usage by a bad coach and a bad GM and FO.

Gase is terrible and should be giving Peyton Manning 99% of his salary. he's got no clue what he's doing. Bell does need a good OL to thrive. really don't like his style because its so reliant on the OL. Since I own him I gotta put up with it. You don't want a RB on a Gase team.

Gase is terrible and should be giving Peyton Manning 99% of his salary. he's got no clue what he's doing. Bell does need a good OL to thrive. really don't like his style because its so reliant on the OL. Since I own him I gotta put up with it. You don't want a RB on a Gase team.
I think I started a thread two years ago about hating Le'Veon's running style because it left him so dependent on blocking -- which everyone is to an extent -- but I argued his success was more a function of Pitt's O-Line than anything.

Maybe we'll get to see, though not all things will be constant, especially age.

rockaction said:

I don't see a fall- off in skill. If so, it's marginal. I see a RB that gets hit 2 yards in the backfield on every carry. This is a historically bad o-line. I've seen bad o-lines in almost 50 years as being a Jets fan and this one seems to be the worst.

Bell looked good for most of the season. To me, he always found a way to squeeze the most out of every carry.

Gase is terrible, too. He's the opposite of BB in NE.  He never attacks a team's weaknesses.

Then you have Darnold. He has Bell open all of the time, but will force the ball down field into tight coverage. Gase must be telling him to take those chances because it never gets corrected.

You guys hammering Bell as a JAG haven’t seen many Jets games. NYRAGE is spot on. Every time I see this guy play, he seems to be busting his ### trying to make something out of nothing. 

I’m perplexed at why he’s ruled out on Saturday due to illness. What if he wakes up today and feels fine? Why is Gase ruling him out? Is it because he missed practice Thursday and Friday? Is Gase the type of ####### coach who then decrees that the player must sit? Gase and management are the problem not Bell.

Coach Adam Gase said Le'Veon Bell (illness) is "pretty close to 100 percent."

Bell is no longer contagious and will be lifting with his teammates Monday night. He's expected to suit up Thursday night against the Ravens. Bilal Powell (ankle, illness) was listed as a DNP on the Jets' estimated injury report Monday, so Bell will likely assume his usual three-down role. Still, it's a brutal spot with the Jets currently 14.5-point underdogs.

SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 4:20 PM ET

Gase is to RBs as Mike Martz is to TEs. Absolutely no clue. This should be the last HC gig for Gase when they figure out he's a clown that made his name doing nothing but toting around Peyton Manning's gameplan.

Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out

......."Apparently he felt well enough to bowl a few frames on Saturday, though. Sources said he was at Boonton Lanes, which is not far from where the Jets train in New Jersey, from around 10:30 p.m. to close to 1 a.m. when the bowling alley closed. Bell was easy to spot in orange leather pants."...........
Nothing wrong with keeping in shape.

SNY reports the Jets are expected to try to trade Le'Veon Bell in the offseason.

Bell was made available ahead of October's trade deadline, and the situation has only deteriorated since. Coach Adam Gase works overtime to make it clear he was not in favor of Bell's signing, most recently declining to defend Bell after he was revealed to have gone bowling Saturday evening after having been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Dolphins. Were Bell to be dealt, he would be coming with a $15.5 million cap charge, making any move difficult to pull off. Running behind one of the league's worst offensive lines, the 27-year-old has not looked like the player he was before holding out for all of 2018 in Pittsburgh.

SOURCE: SNY

Dec 10, 2019, 2:05 PM ET

So is Gase going to feed him and run him into the ground this week since he likely won't be back? Showcase him to speak? Or doghouse touches? 

Speaking Tuesday, Le'Veon Bell said he believes he still isn't receiving enough touches.

Bell said he can be "the Bell of old if gets the ball more." Known for massive workloads as a Steeler, Bell has reached 20 carries only once all season. He is averaging a modest, by his standards, 20 touches. That is still enough work to make hay with. Running behind one of the league's worst offensive lines, Bell is averaging an anemic 3.2 yards per carry, the lowest mark of his career. His 7.3 yards per reception would be the second lowest of his career. With Bell and coach Adam Gase gradually escalating their war of words, the odds seem high that 27-year-old Bell will be playing elsewhere in 2020.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Dec 10, 2019, 5:01 PM ET

So is Gase going to feed him and run him into the ground this week since he likely won't be back? Showcase him to speak? Or doghouse touches? 
I’m significantly more worried this is going to be a situation where this moron coach gives him 5 carries Thursday or something. 

As frustrating at this year has been, I gotta roll him out there 1 more time. I'm a heavy underdog against the McCaffrey owner, so I guess we just need to pray that he has ONE big game in him this year....somehow.

Not really holding my breath, but I dont have any better options. Been holding multiple lottery ticket RB's basically all year and none of them hit. So Bell it is.....

Manish Mehta✔@MMehtaNYDN

Le’Veon Bell says he is surprised about the hub-bub about his bowling trip: “The bigger surprise is I bowled a 251 off the flu. ... Career-high.”

4:50 AM - Dec 11, 2019

The Patriots are busy marching into other stadiums, taking names and pictures, while the Jets have a googley-eyed coach, an expensive running back the old front office wanted, and dysfunctional from everywhere on down to the medical staff, which should be on the first page of players and the front office. 

What a terribly run organization down to their terribly inept half-billionaire runner.   

Speaking Tuesday, Le'Veon Bell said he believes he still isn't receiving enough touches.

Bell said he can be "the Bell of old if gets the ball more." Known for massive workloads as a Steeler, Bell has reached 20 carries only once all season. He is averaging a modest, by his standards, 20 touches. That is still enough work to make hay with. Running behind one of the league's worst offensive lines, Bell is averaging an anemic 3.2 yards per carry, the lowest mark of his career. His 7.3 yards per reception would be the second lowest of his career. With Bell and coach Adam Gase gradually escalating their war of words, the odds seem high that 27-year-old Bell will be playing elsewhere in 2020.
Wasn't this the guy that was complaining about getting too many carries in Pittsburgh?    Maybe LeVeon is just a malcontent that is concerned more about himself than about winning.

Wasn't this the guy that was complaining about getting too many carries in Pittsburgh?    Maybe LeVeon is just a malcontent that is concerned more about himself than about winning.
Maybe, though I've been watching him this season and it does seem like he's busting his butt out there. 

I like Le'Veon.  I like that he doesn't think football is important.  He plays hard.  He has fun playing.  He is a good teammate.  But that is all you are going to get from him.

Godsbrother said:
On the bowling alley at least.
He wanted to play on Sunday and Gase and the team told him he was ruled out and to stay away so he did not infect anyone else (Powell now has the flu by the way). He was mostly recovered and was told by the doctor to get out and move around a little, so he went bowling with his family. He’s getting flack by people that just want to hate on him. It wasn’t like he was out clubbing after calling out sick with a fake doctor’s note.

So anyone starting him? The big games haven't been there, but assuming just volume alone (and hopefully dump offs in the passing game) might make him a solid play tonight? I'm the underdog in one of my PPR leagues and considering him at the flex over Crowder, Diontae Johnson, Curtis Samuel, and Goedert. Not sure his ceiling is as high as everyone else I have, but maybe floor is? 

I had him benched before I realized Powell was out, now I'm debating. But all the negative vibe about trading him, him trash talking, etc and the matchup. Feels like he will still split carries and against the Ravens the upside is limited. So I'm leaning toward Laird or Peterson and probably still benching him. Sad to be having to decide between these scrubs in the playoffs. Sheesh.

Anyone starting him this week? Have to decide between him and Singletary.
I am in a dynasty at what will amount to my Flex Spot (McCaffrey and Elliot at RB) but due to a bunch of injuries my other choices aren’t all that attractive. Going with Bell over Robby Anderson, David Johnson, and Brandin Cooks.

So anyone starting him? The big games haven't been there, but assuming just volume alone (and hopefully dump offs in the passing game) might make him a solid play tonight? I'm the underdog in one of my PPR leagues and considering him at the flex over Crowder, Diontae Johnson, Curtis Samuel, and Goedert. Not sure his ceiling is as high as everyone else I have, but maybe floor is? 
Don’t have a choice with a Freeman being iffy. Hope for volume. 

Users who are viewing this thread