Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

Le'Veon Bell (knee) said he will play Week 10 against the Giants.

This was expected after coach Adam Gase said, "It looks good" when he was asked about Bell playing on Sunday. Despite the Jets' massive struggles on offense, Bell has managed to be the RB15 this season. Bell will be on the RB1/2 borderline in PPR leagues against the Giants.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 9, 2019, 7:14 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell (knee) is active for Week 10 against the Giants.

This was expected despite Bell not practicing much this week. He should see his normal workload against a Giants defense that's been shredded by the run this season. Inactive for the Jets are DL Jordan Willis, LB Neville Hewit, C Ryan Kalil, OL Connor McDermott, LB C.J. Mosely, CB Darryl Roberts, and S Blake Countess

Nov 10, 2019, 11:41 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell had 18 carries for 34 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes for 34 yards in Week 10 against the Giants.

Bell was held in check all game by the Giants defensive line, with a long run of four yards. He converted a goal-line carry to give the Jets a fourth-quarter lead that ended up sealing the win. Other than that, Bell really struggled in this one. It's been a tough year for Bell, who looks miscast in Adam Gase's zone-run scheme. Bell has another favorable spot against the Redskins in Week 11.

12.8 FP in standard, not shabby at all.

Edited by The Frankman

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/13/leveon-bell-out-of-practice-with-an-illness/

Haven’t seen this reported anywhere.

Most of the time when I see these random “illnesses” it seems to not have much affect on the player... but interesting none the less that no one is talking about it.

Heck, he doesn’t even have a practice update on his yahoo report.

Rotoworld:

Le'Veon Bell (ribs, illness) will be limited in practice Thursday.

Bell himself along with coach Adam Gase have already clarified that the Jets' starting RB is good to go for Sunday's matchup against the Raiders. Bell has at least 15 touches in all but one game this season, but is averaging career-low marks in both yards per carry (3.1) and yards per target (5). Up next is another glorious matchup against the Redskins' 26th-ranked defense in fewest PPR per game allowed to opposing RBs. Still, Bell is better treated as a low-end RB2 inside of the Jets' 30th-ranked scoring offense.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter.

Nov 14, 2019, 10:59 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell (ribs, illness) will remain a limited participant at Friday's practice.

Bell could draw the questionable tag for Sunday's game, though we'd expect to see him in uniform at Washington. Ranked dead-last in yards per carry among qualified rushers (3.1 yards per attempt), Bell's debut season in East Rutherford has largely been a train wreck, though a bounce-back game could be in order against an inept Redskins run defense (allowing fifth-most rushing yards per game).

SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 10:53 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell (ribs, illness) is officially questionable for Week 11 against the Redskins.

Bell is likely on the good side of the questionable tag after getting in a limited practice Friday. The highly-paid back has been hobbled but has played through injuries this season. Despite averaging 3.1 yards per carry, Bell has some RB2 with upside appeal this week against a Redskins defense that's been soft against the run.

SOURCE: Jets on Twitter

Nov 15, 2019, 3:52 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell (questionable, ribs/knee/illness) is expected to play Week 11 against the Redskins.

Bell had his practice reps rationed throughout the week, though neither injury will keep him from suiting up Sunday in our nation's capital. The matchup is right—only four teams have yielded more rushing yards per game than Washington (136.0)—though putting any modicum of faith in the Jets' offense is probably a fool's errand at this point. Buried on a weekly basis by New York's non-existent offensive line, Bell ranks dead-last among qualified rushers in yards per carry (3.1).

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 17, 2019, 8:10 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell is officially active for Week 11 against the Redskins.

This was expected. Bell has struggled behind a bad offensive line, but the matchup gives him a shot at top-15 running back value this week. The Jets declared LB C.J. Mosley, CB Nate Hairston, DE Jordan Willis, LB Paul Worrilow, CB Darryl Roberts, DB Matthias Farley and OL Leo Koloamatangi inactive.

Nov 17, 2019, 11:40 AM ET

Le'Veon Bell rushed 18 times for 59 yards and one touchdown in the Jets' Week 11 win over the Redskins, adding two receptions for 33 yards as a receiver.

This is a pretty standard stat line for Bell (3.3 YPC on 18 carries), but this time he found the end zone with the Redskins handing the Jets great field position. Bell simply isn't getting things going on the ground, which partially falls on him but can mostly be blamed on an offensive line that couldn't even open lanes against the Redskins. Luckily for Bell, the Raiders are coming to New York next week, so Bell will have a chance at a score in addition to his 15-20 weekly touches. Bell will be an RB2 for Week 12.

Edited by The Frankman

Le’Veon Bell rushed 12 times for 49 yards in the Jets' Week 12 win over the Raiders, adding five receptions for 59 additional yards.

Bell was getting involved early and often in both the pass and run game, notably making a circus catch down the field after lining up in the slot on the Jets’ first offensive play of the game. The Jets haven’t really managed to get their run game started all season, but Bell’s continuing development as a receiver in this offense should help keep his fantasy floor and ceiling alike in a good spot down the stretch. The Jets’ featured RB is set up brilliantly in upcoming matchups against the Bengals in Week 13 and Dolphins in Week 14.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Gase just doesn't want to let him pound in a TD. Frustrating

16 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

Gase just doesn't want to let him pound in a TD. Frustrating

Yep they threw the ball twice 1st and goal from the one.

Le'Veon Bell rushed 10 times for 32 yards in the Jets' Week 13 loss to the Bengals, adding four receptions for 35 additional yards.

It was yet another barely-there day for Bell in the most forgettable of seasons. Bell's longest run went for seven yards, though he did have a 22-yarder on a 3rd-and-14 called back by penalty. Making zero impact behind a truly putrid offensive line, Bell is no longer shifty enough to make plays on his own. He will remain a low-end, usage-based RB2 for Week 14 against the Dolphins.

Dec 1, 2019, 5:18 PM ET

He'd be smart not to waste any more time on the field with this team. Collect the big paycheck for nothing and wait for the Jets to figure out how to move him.

What a suck season for Bell.  Good job leaving Pittsburgh so you can suck. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dez said:

What a suck season for Bell.  Good job leaving Pittsburgh so you can suck. 

I tried to find my "loser" thread about Jalen Ramsey and the likes of him, but I couldn't find it due to the search function.

Oh well, Bell was example 1A of losers going to losing teams and looking putrid in the process, both professionally and athletically.

5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I tried to find my "loser" thread about Jalen Ramsey and the likes of him, but I couldn't find it due to the search function.

Oh well, Bell was example 1A of losers going to losing teams and looking putrid in the process, both professionally and athletically.

He definitely ended up on the losing end of the deal and he didn't help the RB position gain any contract $ either. The only thing that helps that is a stud RB winning the SB and the Rams failed miserably at that. I can see him in KC or back in PIT next year.

1 minute ago, lod001 said:

He definitely ended up on the losing end of the deal and he didn't help the RB position gain any contract $ either. The only thing that helps that is a stud RB winning the SB and the Rams failed miserably at that. I can see him in KC or back in PIT next year.

I could totally see Pittsburgh giving up a pick, eating salary, and mending fences.

Question is whether this year was a function of player decline or of a bad offensive line and bad usage by a bad coach and a bad GM and FO.

How deep doth the Jets dysfunction run, run, run?

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I could totally see Pittsburgh giving up a pick, eating salary, and mending fences.

Question is whether this year was a function of player decline or of a bad offensive line and bad usage by a bad coach and a bad GM and FO.

Gase is terrible and should be giving Peyton Manning 99% of his salary. he's got no clue what he's doing. Bell does need a good OL to thrive. really don't like his style because its so reliant on the OL. Since I own him I gotta put up with it. You don't want a RB on a Gase team.

• Like 1

Just now, lod001 said:

Gase is terrible and should be giving Peyton Manning 99% of his salary. he's got no clue what he's doing. Bell does need a good OL to thrive. really don't like his style because its so reliant on the OL. Since I own him I gotta put up with it. You don't want a RB on a Gase team.

I think I started a thread two years ago about hating Le'Veon's running style because it left him so dependent on blocking -- which everyone is to an extent -- but I argued his success was more a function of Pitt's O-Line than anything.

Maybe we'll get to see, though not all things will be constant, especially age.

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I don't see a fall- off in skill. If so, it's marginal. I see a RB that gets hit 2 yards in the backfield on every carry. This is a historically bad o-line. I've seen bad o-lines in almost 50 years as being a Jets fan and this one seems to be the worst.

Bell looked good for most of the season. To me, he always found a way to squeeze the most out of every carry.

Gase is terrible, too. He's the opposite of BB in NE.  He never attacks a team's weaknesses.

Then you have Darnold. He has Bell open all of the time, but will force the ball down field into tight coverage. Gase must be telling him to take those chances because it never gets corrected.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 6:44 PM, tjnc09 said:

I really hope his next team is somebody like the Bills.  I :popcorn: all the Bell supporters with their new and exciting excuses as to why he looks like an out of shape JAG.

3.2 ypc - not even a JAG, worst RB in the league.

You guys hammering Bell as a JAG haven’t seen many Jets games. NYRAGE is spot on. Every time I see this guy play, he seems to be busting his ### trying to make something out of nothing. 

I’m perplexed at why he’s ruled out on Saturday due to illness. What if he wakes up today and feels fine? Why is Gase ruling him out? Is it because he missed practice Thursday and Friday? Is Gase the type of ####### coach who then decrees that the player must sit? Gase and management are the problem not Bell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Coach Adam Gase said Le'Veon Bell (illness) is "pretty close to 100 percent."

Bell is no longer contagious and will be lifting with his teammates Monday night. He's expected to suit up Thursday night against the Ravens. Bilal Powell (ankle, illness) was listed as a DNP on the Jets' estimated injury report Monday, so Bell will likely assume his usual three-down role. Still, it's a brutal spot with the Jets currently 14.5-point underdogs.

SOURCE: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 4:20 PM ET

On 12/8/2019 at 3:56 AM, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Gase and management are the problem not Bell.

I liked this post because it makes a point, but I'd like to make a further point: All of the things in the stew could be true. Or, Bell being a tiptoeing JAG doesn't preclude that his fool coach and front office are also huge parts of the problem.  

• Like 1

Gase is to RBs as Mike Martz is to TEs. Absolutely no clue. This should be the last HC gig for Gase when they figure out he's a clown that made his name doing nothing but toting around Peyton Manning's gameplan.

• Like 1

Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out

......."Apparently he felt well enough to bowl a few frames on Saturday, though. Sources said he was at Boonton Lanes, which is not far from where the Jets train in New Jersey, from around 10:30 p.m. to close to 1 a.m. when the bowling alley closed. Bell was easy to spot in orange leather pants."...........

57 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Bell went bowling all night after Jets ruled him out

......."Apparently he felt well enough to bowl a few frames on Saturday, though. Sources said he was at Boonton Lanes, which is not far from where the Jets train in New Jersey, from around 10:30 p.m. to close to 1 a.m. when the bowling alley closed. Bell was easy to spot in orange leather pants."...........

Nothing wrong with keeping in shape.

• Laughing 1

I don't dig on Bell.  

World. Class. ###.  

• Like 1

SNY reports the Jets are expected to try to trade Le'Veon Bell in the offseason.

Bell was made available ahead of October's trade deadline, and the situation has only deteriorated since. Coach Adam Gase works overtime to make it clear he was not in favor of Bell's signing, most recently declining to defend Bell after he was revealed to have gone bowling Saturday evening after having been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Dolphins. Were Bell to be dealt, he would be coming with a $15.5 million cap charge, making any move difficult to pull off. Running behind one of the league's worst offensive lines, the 27-year-old has not looked like the player he was before holding out for all of 2018 in Pittsburgh.

SOURCE: SNY

Dec 10, 2019, 2:05 PM ET

So is Gase going to feed him and run him into the ground this week since he likely won't be back? Showcase him to speak? Or doghouse touches? 

41 minutes ago, Faust said:

Thank you very much. My guess is only a contender will make this move at his age.

5 minutes ago, starks said:

So is Gase going to feed him and run him into the ground this week since he likely won't be back? Showcase him to speak? Or doghouse touches? 

No way. If Bell performs, it will show what a moron Gase has been all year.

Speaking Tuesday, Le'Veon Bell said he believes he still isn't receiving enough touches.

Bell said he can be "the Bell of old if gets the ball more." Known for massive workloads as a Steeler, Bell has reached 20 carries only once all season. He is averaging a modest, by his standards, 20 touches. That is still enough work to make hay with. Running behind one of the league's worst offensive lines, Bell is averaging an anemic 3.2 yards per carry, the lowest mark of his career. His 7.3 yards per reception would be the second lowest of his career. With Bell and coach Adam Gase gradually escalating their war of words, the odds seem high that 27-year-old Bell will be playing elsewhere in 2020.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

Dec 10, 2019, 5:01 PM ET

4 hours ago, starks said:

I’m significantly more worried this is going to be a situation where this moron coach gives him 5 carries Thursday or something. 

Have so much more respect for Mike Tomlin now.  God only knows what he had to go through with 2 knuckleheads like Bell and Brown.

• Like 1

As frustrating at this year has been, I gotta roll him out there 1 more time. I'm a heavy underdog against the McCaffrey owner, so I guess we just need to pray that he has ONE big game in him this year....somehow.

Not really holding my breath, but I dont have any better options. Been holding multiple lottery ticket RB's basically all year and none of them hit. So Bell it is.....

Manish Mehta✔@MMehtaNYDN

Le’Veon Bell says he is surprised about the hub-bub about his bowling trip: “The bigger surprise is I bowled a 251 off the flu. ... Career-high.”

4:50 AM - Dec 11, 2019

The Patriots are busy marching into other stadiums, taking names and pictures, while the Jets have a googley-eyed coach, an expensive running back the old front office wanted, and dysfunctional from everywhere on down to the medical staff, which should be on the first page of players and the front office. 

What a terribly run organization down to their terribly inept half-billionaire runner.