Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

The Jets are unsure if Le'Veon Bell will participate in the team's offseason program.

"It’s not a huge deal," coach Adam Gase claimed. Gase has gone out of his way to make it clear he wouldn't mind if Bell were traded, but the running back's contract is almost impossible to move. Bell holds all leverage with the team and has little incentive to show up for voluntary work. Bell and Gase's relationship will be one to monitor during training camp. It is quite possible Gase attempts to go with more of a committee after Bell's down 2019.

SOURCE: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Feb 25, 2020, 12:44 PM ET

Coach Adam Gase said "I do think we have some guys that can help maybe lessen the load on (RB Le'Veon Bell) to where it's not all on him."

Gase added he hopes the Jets can get some of the younger backs to where they make, "a good one-two punch to where we can really excel instead of feeling like it's just all on him all the time." The Jets added a plethora of capable offensive linemen in free agency to help fix last season's train-wreck of a unit. Overall, the Steelers and Jets averaged a league-low 1.4 yards before contact per rush. Basically, it was an impossible situation for Bell to thrive in. This isn't to say he didn't try; Bell's 59 broken tackles were the ninth-highest mark among all RBs in 2019. He continued to ball out when lined up as a true WR, as has been the case throughout his entire career. Gase continues to give the opposite of endorsements about Bell's status as the offense's featured back. Still, money usually talks in these types of situations.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter

May 4, 2020, 8:55 AM ET

Jets RB Le'Veon Bell told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler he "can't wait" to run behind the team's revamped offensive line.

Fowler asked Bell if noticed the offseason priority of adding "road-graders" to clear a path for the runner, responding with "absolutely." The running game can only improve after last season's disastrous performance, where the Jets ranked among the bottom three teams in numerous run game metrics. The additions of Mekhi Becton, guard Greg Van Roten, center Connor McGovern and tackle George Fant among others should create more yards before contact for Bell, who also has to worry about staying in favor of head coach Adam Gase.

SOURCE: ESPN

May 27, 2020, 1:02 PM ET

As a LeVeon Bell owner I can't say I'm super excited. Darnold sucks and when's the last time the Jets offense was any good?

I've fished him a little bit in the one dynasty league I still own him, and guys look at him like he's Trent Richardson or worse. Seems like an over reactions as usage/touches in the passing game alone should make him a fine flex starter don't most think? 

3 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I've fished him a little bit in the one dynasty league I still own him, and guys look at him like he's Trent Richardson or worse. Seems like an over reactions as usage/touches in the passing game alone should make him a fine flex starter don't most think? 

Yeah I definitely wouldn't give him away. Especially if you're a contender this year. 

"Draft or Pass: Le'Veon Bell is RB1 Talent With RB2 Price Tag"

With RB3 teammates and RB4 coaching

15 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

"Draft or Pass: Le'Veon Bell is RB1 Talent With RB2 Price Tag"

With RB3 teammates and RB4 coaching

That last part is what really hurts Bell, I think. Every time Gase opens his mouth it seems like Bell's usage & value go down. I have a team that looked like it had a great RB core a few years ago. Too bad that centered on Bell & Gordon who decided to torpedo my lineup with back-to-back holdouts. Brilliant. My team has now placed between 6th-8th in 3 seasons so I decided to go with a big shakeup.

I was offered Gallup / OJ Howard / Clelin Ferrel for Bell and accepted immediately.