What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (11 Viewers)

NFL.com

Le'Veon Bell is moving on from a winless squad to the reigning Super Bowl champions.

Just two days after it was announced he was being released by the New York Jets, Bell is signing with the Kansas City Chiefs, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Jim Trotter reported on Thursday.

Around the NFL will have more shortly.

twitter.com - Twitter

Server is down. Last checked 14 secs ago.

Twitter is experiencing an outage that began in the early evening on Thursday, with some users reporting problems sending tweets and refreshing their timelines starting shortly after 5:30PM ET. We have seen no new tweets cross our timelines since then, though we were able to find a tweet sent as late as 5:40PM ET using Twitter’s search tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
But this makes no sense.... 1st round pick- pick of any rb. KC doesn’t ask their RBs to pass block. Brian Westbrook. Mahomes wanted him. Hmmm

He's going to have a lot of room. Just anybody's guess on his usage. Should get all GL and a decent amount of 3rd downs. Enough to make him a viable starter? Not sure.

I don't think Le'Veon signs there to take a back seat, unfortunately. 
There is no chance this is their intention. Why would KC want to bring him in to be on the bench? He would just be a huge disruption. I have to imagine they told him he would get 20 touches a game to convince him to sign. 

Chiefs agreed to terms with RB Le'Veon Bell, formerly of the Jets. 

The Chiefs seemed to be dueling with the Dolphins for Bell's services, but it's not surprising the reigning Super Bowl champs won out. Due to the league's COVID-19 protocols, Bell will be ineligible to suit up against the Bills on Monday. That leaves Week 7 against the Broncos as his Chiefs debut. The question immediately becomes the workload delineation in the Chiefs' backfield, as No. 32 overall pick Clyde Edwards-Helaire has sputtered since an impressive opener vs. the Texans' bottom-basement run defense. That has been especially true in early-down/short-yardage situations, where Bell figures to receive immediate opportunities. Bell will also be a threat to CEH's bread-and-butter pass-catching work. Even if CEH remains the lead back in a committee, this obviously devastates his RB1 value, and perhaps even knocks him out of the RB2 ranks. This is not a LeSean McCoy-style signing. Bell probably has more left in the tank than Adam Gase would lead you to believe, while coach Andy Reid unlocks running backs like few others. Bell could claim No. 1 duties and render CEH a COP back. CEH would do well to put on a show vs. the Bills' underachieving defense. Bell arrives right as the Chiefs are losing LG Kelechi Osemele for the season.

- Rotoworld

There is no chance this is their intention. Why would KC want to bring him in to be on the bench? He would just be a huge disruption. I have to imagine they told him he would get 20 touches a game to convince him to sign. 
I thought this same way about Fournette and admittedly it looks like I was wrong. CEH has struggled some though......

Jets still on the hook for Lev’s salary so not like he isn’t getting paid. The league vet minimum is just icing 

Picked him up after somebody dropped him the second he hit IR. Thought he'd be worthless.

This is all gravy for me now, but I still don't see him more than a flex. Just can't picture KC kicking CEL out of the picture completely. Bell will get high value touches in an explosive offense. 

Soooo many mouths to feed in this offense.

Happier than I was yesterday with Bell, but I'm tempering my expectations for sure.

Picked him up after somebody dropped him the second he hit IR. Thought he'd be worthless.

This is all gravy for me now, but I still don't see him more than a flex. Just can't picture KC kicking CEL out of the picture completely. Bell will get high value touches in an explosive offense. 

Happier than I was yesterday with Bell, but I'm tempering my expectations for sure.
Eh, get giddy. It's your last chance at it once you actually see him tiptoe through the line for two. 

Contrary to what most will say, Lev is going to eat. They have so many weapons that zig and zag I think they just wanted someone that was capable of plodding forward for 4 yards.

Contrary to what most will say, Lev is going to eat. They have so many weapons that zig and zag I think they just wanted someone that was capable of plodding forward for 4 yards.
I'll agree with the four-yard thing, but is Bell even capable of that? We shall see. If so, then he does eat. Quite a bit, actually. 

Lev is going to be very good in KC. Knocking him because he was atrociously misused in a degenerate situation is foolish (ref. Bob Anderson). He is healthy, in shape and ready to go. Perfect back for that offense. I see a 60/40 split. RB2/Flex production. Not a world beater but back from the dead until the next team

Two people don’t see the same thing, I’m sure Bell’s vision of a hole looks different to a east/west guy like helaire. His vision has always been real, the question is will the oline allow him to be patient as he usually is.

Stealing from guppies. Nice.

Owner in one league sent out trades immediately to multiple teams trying to shop CEH and catch a unsuspecting owner.  I hate these guys.
:lol:  I can't believe guys even try this anymore.

Something like this MIGHT have worked in the late 90s/early 2000s but has this really ever worked in the past 10-15 Twitter years?

Hated to be right here but this was easy to see.

Good move for Chiefs and Bell. Chiefs realize they are likely looking at a 19-20 game season, that's to much to ask out of a rookie RB and they needed someone else to help him carry the load and Bells a good fit with CEH in their system. Bell went from the outhouse to the penthouse in terms of coaching and talent around him giving him a great chance to show he's not washed up and can chase a ring. Win/Win.

The offer was for Jacobs for CEH and Cole.  No way do I make that deal.
CEH's price was like a housing bubble. Now you're getting an offer after the crash. So many of these guys' values are that way. It's hard to get and find a bona fide stud. I think that people pointing out the past year that the WRs from this class were where it's at were right. We're seeing that on the field. Scarcity does not necessarily equal talent.  

You would be an idiot to not take this chance to offload Bell. He hasn't been relevant in forever. Sell the news boys
Maybe we define relevance differently but Bell was the #15RB in total points for PPR leagues last year and RB19 PPG for RB's who played more then one game(so I can throw out the Wes Hills game). That's relevant to me, in redraft this year you see RB19 going in like round 3 or early round 4. And really listing as RB19 is one way to put it but those RB's from RB13-19 were all bunched together and only separated by less then 8/10th of a point.

Now the advice I would give dynasty owners is try and buy up CEH quickly.

CEH's price was like a housing bubble. Now you're getting an offer after the crash. So many of these guys' values are that way. It's hard to get and find a bona fide stud. I think that people pointing out the past year that the WRs from this class were where it's at were right. We're seeing that on the field. Scarcity does not necessarily equal talent.  
Yeah, this is a redraft league.  There is NO WAY I trade a top RB for him now.

Yeah, this is a redraft league.  There is NO WAY I trade a top RB for him now.
Oh, even in dynasty his value has to take a hit. I don't care about what all the guys are saying upthread. One bought Edwards-Helaire because of situation, not necessarily talent.

Users who are viewing this thread