What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (12 Viewers)

If you are fortunate enough to have Williams you might want to pick up Todman. Williams has a history of injuries himself.

@JasonLaCanfora: Steelers expect to put Le'Veon Bell on season ending IR Mon w/ knee injury, pending MRI confirmation. Isaiah Pead in line for roster spot

No idea where the optimism came from after a hit like that
Yeah it's what I figured. That was plain bad. Knee collapsed in big time. Another one bites the dust. Arguably the #1 and #2 (Charles) RB's gone for the year. What a terrible season for injuries.
and Forte has a knee injury and Foster is done. Lacy has had an ouchy ankle and has played like crap for the most part.I think I might go WR-WR-WR next year
Dez, Jordy and Benjamin?
Yea agree. What didn't gamble on rbs early. The problem I'm having is finding on! Behind Bell, i have Spiller, Polk, and more trash like that. I cut Deangelo 2 weeks ago. I love my life

Note: I just checked the Steelers depth chart and Archer is listed as the backup behind Williams and Todman is third. I wouldn't rush out and grab Archer though...

This is heartbreaking for me. I love Bell as a player. I truly believed he was the best RB in the league. And fantasy-wise, it's obviously devastating. He was the superstar of my team. Without him I just see mediocrity and underperformers. Of course I wish I had D-Will, but I'm in a league with only 4 bench spots and bye weeks to worry about. I didn't give it a thought... seemed too early to worry about backups.

For people not in position to get D-Will, I got Karlos Williams and Ryan Matthews as free agents on Yahoo. Because they're on a bye and it's before MNF, you won't have to spend a waiver. Just an idea... it's RBBC for me going forward

Last edited by a moderator:
Went TE-WR-WR...(Gronk, ODB, Hopkins). Not in 1st thanks to some horrible bye weeks and injuries to my RB's, but I should be a powerhouse headed down the stretch. I picked up Dez after week 1, when the owner dropped him, and I'll be able to pull Williams after Bell's injury. I'm so afraid of RB's due to injuries that I haven't picked an RB before the 4th round the last two years.

The wake-up call here is that if you have a stud RB, and he's got a clear back-up, there's no reason not to roster the back-up. Bell owner in our league basically just got a huge kick in the nuts.
On the other hand, year after year, the "experts" and most of us on the threads say not to waste roster space with handcuffs. There are two legitimate schools of thought on this issue.
I think it really depends on who the handcuff is and your team situation. For a guy like J. Charles, where you don't know if West or Davis would get carries, and even if one did, you didn't know the value, I get not carrying them...but for a guy like Bell, with DWill as a proven back-up, or, say Peterson, where McKinnon came in last year and did well enough, I think you have to at least consider it. I think of it this way - Who would you rather have on your team IF your starting RB went down? In the case of Bell, DWill or...say...Matt Jones? Sure, Jones has potential. You might start him on a bye week...but if Bell went down, DWill >>> Jones. I think in cases like that, you have to roster the handcuff.

So dynasty value of Bell... what is the cost of acquisition now, and how comfortable are we with the current information about his injury? Is a "bad" MCL tear, as opposed to a typical MCL tear, bad enough to affect him into next season? Are we sure that we have all the info at this point?

Does this not bring the stock of Rothlessburger up? He's going to have to throw more now
Definitely brings his stock down slightly. Bell is a difference maker on offense and opens up the passing game. Also, Bell is a great receiver and would have gotten a good share of receiving TDs. Deangelo is solid but he's not on the same level of talent as Bell. However, the biggest concern for Ben is the injury. He looked like he was in a lot of pain and could barely move. That will be the biggest factor that will drive his stock down.

Tomlin just confirmed the ACL is intact. Stated doctors still in discussions on whether or not they will proceed with surgery or not.

However, he did not discuss what the "other damage" is that Rappaport reported. So for all of us dynasty owners, it's still wait and see if there is cartilage damage or something else that could affect his future abilities.

I value Bell as though he will be back in 2016 week 1 like nothing ever happened. Every Bell owner will (and should) see it that way, and none of the non-Bell owners will see it that way.

What's new

I value Bell as though he will be back in 2016 week 1 like nothing ever happened. Every Bell owner will (and should) see it that way, and none of the non-Bell owners will see it that way.

What's new
Ditto. My season was already over. Haven given up the most points in the league to date even Bell, Miller, Freeman, Calvin, Marshall, Graham, Martavis & John Brown can't beat that. Whole lotta teams in my dynasty league firmly have their lips attached to the suckpipe.

Some Pitt writers are stating it is a torn mcl and pcl, which if true and that is the "other damage" would be best case scenario vs. the cartilage or other options that have been floated.

I'd like some further confirmation though on this PCL news.

Some Pitt writers are stating it is a torn mcl and pcl, which if true and that is the "other damage" would be best case scenario vs. the cartilage or other options that have been floated.

I dont even care what the other news is to view him as fine and dandy for week 1 in 2016. He didnt break his leg in half like Lattimer or Mcgahee.

But of course in true FF fashion, the vast majority will view any player who is currently hurt as worth less now and more right when they are about to play, which is silly, but I love taking advantage of it when I can trading for injured players.

Would anyone trade Lacy for Bell in dynasty?

I have Murray McCoy CJ Anderson Hillman. Melvin Gordon and Duke Johnson ROS

Both are playoff teams. He only has Freeman and no other back. Start 2RB potentially a flex 12 team PPR

Would anyone trade Lacy for Bell in dynasty?

I have Murray McCoy CJ Anderson Hillman. Melvin Gordon and Duke Johnson ROS

Both are playoff teams. He only has Freeman and no other back. Start 2RB potentially a flex 12 team PPR
are you certain the owner of bell would accept that? i wouldn't.

Would anyone consider trading Bell in a dynasty? In first place

Two offers

Bell, 2017 first

Gurley

Bell, A. Donald

L. Murray, TY Hilton

Would anyone consider trading Bell in a dynasty? In first place

Two offers

Bell, 2017 first

Gurley

Bell, A. Donald

L. Murray, TY Hilton
I'd give up a 1st and Bell for Gurley.
If it gave me some legit title equity this year I would do it. It not I'd keep Bell and my 1st.
It does. Lost Smith and Bell. Won it last year and I am top 3 in the league in scoring.

I dont even care what the other news is to view him as fine and dandy for week 1 in 2016. He didnt break his leg in half like Lattimer or Mcgahee.

But of course in true FF fashion, the vast majority will view any player who is currently hurt as worth less now and more right when they are about to play, which is silly, but I love taking advantage of it when I can trading for injured players.
I didn't think MCL's were that big of a deal so I Googled it. Said the worst grade is grade 3 and has an 8 week timeline to heal. If there is no other damage to the knee he should be participating in OTA's. This does not matchup with the 8-9 month time frame for recovery in the news. Teams are allowed to be obtuse about injuries. Could be some cartilage or report that ACL is "intact" may just mean that he does not need surgery on it. Could still be injured.

Any other Bell deals?
I'm built to win now and needed WR help in my 12 team dynasty (non-PPR), so I moved Bell for Amari Cooper and a 2016 1st (late). Then I moved Eli, Christine Michael, a likely late 2nd and 3rd for DWill (over pay, I know) but I'm all in this year.

I don't feel good about moving Bell and I'll likely regret it when he returns next year, but I landed a likely stud WR and a first rd pick so at least I got a piece that should help me for years to come.

Any other Bell deals?
I traded Bell and a 2016 1st guaranteed to be between 9-12 for AJ Green and a 2016 3rd to a team who wont make the playoffs.

I have D. Will already and didnt NEED to make a move since I was already strong at WR, but figured what the heck.

Any other Bell deals?
I was offered Bell for Doug Martin this morning. Contemplating. I'm in 2nd place in my division, I have Gurley and Lynch as well. With bye week situation I would be forced to start Christin Michael tomorrow if I make the trade lol...

I have Bell in a one player keeper league - essentially redraft except that your first round pick must be a keeper from last year's squad. If I could keep Bell forever I wouldn't consider moving him at this time, but a player can only be kept for 2 consecutive years and I am only eligible to keep Bell for one more year. I'm 7-1 and have the best all-play record in the league so I have a legitimate shot to win it (I had DWill as a handcuff so I'm covered there). If i can't find a good deal for me this year I'll just keep Bell on my roster so I have the option to keep him next year.

Anyway, I informed the league that Bell was available for trade and one team is interested in Bell for either TY Hilton or D. Bryant but we play each other this week so he wants to wait until next week. Honestly, I'm not that interested in TY because frankly he can't help me and he is injured. I would consider Bryant, but he is also coming off an injury and tied to the health of Romo.

My weakest position is QB with E. Manning and D. Carr so I sent this offer to a 1-7 team: L. Bell, D. Carr, C. Michael (I know, I know - but he had Randle and currently has McFadden) for A. Rodgers. I like Rodgers schedule after this week's CAR game.

I have Bell in a one player keeper league - essentially redraft except that your first round pick must be a keeper from last year's squad. If I could keep Bell forever I wouldn't consider moving him at this time, but a player can only be kept for 2 consecutive years and I am only eligible to keep Bell for one more year. I'm 7-1 and have the best all-play record in the league so I have a legitimate shot to win it (I had DWill as a handcuff so I'm covered there). If i can't find a good deal for me this year I'll just keep Bell on my roster so I have the option to keep him next year.

Anyway, I informed the league that Bell was available for trade and one team is interested in Bell for either TY Hilton or D. Bryant but we play each other this week so he wants to wait until next week. Honestly, I'm not that interested in TY because frankly he can't help me and he is injured. I would consider Bryant, but he is also coming off an injury and tied to the health of Romo.

My weakest position is QB with E. Manning and D. Carr so I sent this offer to a 1-7 team: L. Bell, D. Carr, C. Michael (I know, I know - but he had Randle and currently has McFadden) for A. Rodgers. I like Rodgers schedule after this week's CAR game.
depends on the keeper rules. If that guy can keep Bell without any other keeper issues, EASY accept for him, and probably good move for you also

I just acquired Bell in a 3 man keeper league for Carson Palmer (he was my backup to Rodgers but was outplaying him). Prior owner has Gurley and Freeman and he desperately needed a QB (QB heavy league)

I figured that Bell would never be so low and Palmer never be so high. Hoping Rodgers turns it around 2nd half of season too.

Seems like some insanely low pricing on Bell in this thread. If I could get Bell+1st for AJ Green I think I'd do that in a heartbeat, and the other trade offers are even less than that.

In a 12-team keeper league (keep 8 players, with max 3-year contract terms, no PPR).

I am slated to lose Gronk and Julio to contract expiration at end of season, so needed to decide by the week 12 trade deadline whether I wanted to ride & lose them to the supplemental draft, or trade them for other assets. Given that I'm slipping out of playoff contention I made the decision to move them to a team in contention but decimated by injuries as of late. My team is also very weak at RB (Gore + Jennings). So there's the context behind this one:

Gronk + Julio + Randall Cobb

for

Lev Bell + Odell Beckham + Ameer Abdullah

Rotoworld:

Le'Veon Bell (MCL, PCL) has not yet been cleared to run.

Bell tore both his MCL and PCL early in November. Bell is expected to be ready for Week 1, but he is facing a tricky recovery which could linger longer than expected. Bell's recovery will be a hot topic throughout the offseason.

Source: ESPN

Feb 6 - 11:31 AM
ESPN source:

Jeremy Fowler

ESPN Staff Writer

Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell hasn't been cleared to start running yet. "Once I get cleared to run, I'll be happy," Bell told SportsCenter's Lindsay Czarniak from the Super Bowl. "I just want to get back to how I am and get ready for next season." Bell tore his medial collateral ligament in Week 8 of the 2015 season.

Are players normally cleared to run by now? Do we have any frame of reference?
I don't know answer to your questions but I know that Dr. Chao has been saying since he got hurt that despite him not tearing his ACL that his recovery from two ligaments was actually a more difficult recovery than had he just tore his ACL. I don't think he said longer, but more difficult or trickier, something like that.

I think it's far from a lock he's ready by week one, could see his usage early in the season similar to Gurley from this past season.

Are players normally cleared to run by now? Do we have any frame of reference?
I don't know answer to your questions but I know that Dr. Chao has been saying since he got hurt that despite him not tearing his ACL that his recovery from two ligaments was actually a more difficult recovery than had he just tore his ACL. I don't think he said longer, but more difficult or trickier, something like that.

I think it's far from a lock he's ready by week one, could see his usage early in the season similar to Gurley from this past season.
I'm sure they'll do whatever is best for him long term (assuming Rooney knew what he was talking about when he said they want to lock him up for the long haul).

I'll feel better when we can see him run full speed, cut, jump, juke, and dodge without any limitations or instability.  His lateral quickness and stability is the biggest issue.  And being able to last past his first pancake by a 300 lb lineman.

Dr. Jene Bramel has said multiple times that the PCL is the tricky issue here and that recovery can be variable...not as straight forward.  

So, I'd be cautious with Bell.  If I had him, I'd hold.  But, if I didn't have him, I wouldn't be targeting him in trade, either.

Users who are viewing this thread