What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (5 Viewers)

I definitely think Bell is a later 1st/ right at the beginning of the 2nd round pick at this point. 

At the 10th - 12th picks, to me, it makes a lot of sense to take Bell. You already know he's out 3 games, so you can draft accordingly to fill 1st 3 weeks with another starter  

heck, in most of my mocks at the 10th spot, both he & Lamar Miller are there and I'm actually torn between which of the 2 to take. 

what players would you guys select over Bell? Sitting at 1.5 in a keeper league so guys like Julio, OBJ, Gurley are already off the board. Thinking first three picks will be: AB, Hopkins, Dez. Hoping #4 takes one of these guys and pushed LB to me

Elliot?

Gronkowski?

Jordy?

what players would you guys select over Bell? Sitting at 1.5 in a keeper league so guys like Julio, OBJ, Gurley are already off the board. Thinking first three picks will be: AB, Hopkins, Dez. Hoping #4 takes one of these guys and pushed LB to me

Elliot?

Gronkowski?

Jordy?
Can you keep Bell indefinitely?  If so, I would still take him.  

He went at 1.12 in a 12-team PPR live draft I did over the weekend (right after the suspension was reduced from 4 games to 3.)

This is one player I don't want to have to make the call on. I will find it very difficult to take or pass on him. Eery feeling I am going to be put to that decision in a keeper league, too.

This is one player I don't want to have to make the call on. I will find it very difficult to take or pass on him. Eery feeling I am going to be put to that decision in a keeper league, too.
If he falls to me, I'm hoping someone has a boner for him and will make me a trade offer. 

packer_junkie said:

Elliot?

Gronkowski?

Jordy?
I'm picking at the 5 spot also.  David Johnson and Beckham are designated as keepers for other teams so I see picks 1-4 going:   AB, Gurley and Julio.   I hear rumors that the guy picking 4th is sweet on Ezekiel.

This leaves me a choice of AP, Hopkins, Gronk, AJ, or Bell.   Leaning against Bell cause he'll miss 4 weeks of the Fantasy Season (3 susp + 1 bye).  

In a keeper league (where I'm keeping D Williams for a round 13 value), I'm facing the possibility of deciding whether to draft Bell at 1.6 in a 12 team PPR league (rules would not allow me to keep Bell next year). 

Bell will be more polarizing over the next couple of weeks. Screw the current ADP data that shows very late first round / second round. He'll start to be drafted higher than that, especially since the suspension is 1 game less.

I'm picking at the 5 spot also.  David Johnson and Beckham are designated as keepers for other teams so I see picks 1-4 going:   AB, Gurley and Julio.   I hear rumors that the guy picking 4th is sweet on Ezekiel.

This leaves me a choice of AP, Hopkins, Gronk, AJ, or Bell.   Leaning against Bell cause he'll miss 4 weeks of the Fantasy Season (3 susp + 1 bye).  
Well, every player misses one week of the fantasy regular season due to BYE. But, yeah, Bell is going to miss the 3 for Susp and that is 1/4th the reg fantasy season. He's one failed (or missed) test from a four game suspension as I understand it (and he doesn't seem to be afraid to push his luck on that front). He's coming off a serious injury last year and RB gets the #### kicked out of them anyways. Certainly a great player but riskier than most, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a keeper league (where I'm keeping D Williams for a round 13 value), I'm facing the possibility of deciding whether to draft Bell at 1.6 in a 12 team PPR league (rules would not allow me to keep Bell next year). 

Bell will be more polarizing over the next couple of weeks. Screw the current ADP data that shows very late first round / second round. He'll start to be drafted higher than that, especially since the suspension is 1 game less.
Bell would be a no-Brainer if I already had DWill locked up.

Well, every player misses one week of the fantasy regular season due to BYE. But, yeah, Bell is going to miss the 3 for Susp and that is 1/4th the reg fantasy season. He's one failed (or missed) test from a four game suspension as I understand it (and he doesn't seem to be afraid to push his luck on that front). He's coming off a serious injury last year and RB gets the #### kicked out of them anyways. Certainly a great player but riskier than most, IMO.
Is this still true, or does he fall under an earlier stage of the program, making the next suspension 4 games instead of the entire season?

Is this still true, or does he fall under an earlier stage of the program, making the next suspension 4 games instead of the entire season?
I was going by this:

"As part of the settlement that reduced his four-game suspension to three games, Le'Veon Bell was kept in Stage 2 of the NFL's substance abuse program.

This is a quietly big deal for Bell in Dynasty leagues. His next violation would not cost him ten games or a full season, which would've been the case had Bell advanced to Stage 3 of the substance abuse program. Instead, any future failed or missed test would only result in another four-game suspension. Expect to see Bell resume going in the late first round of fantasy drafts. DeAngelo Williams will only open the season starting three games, not four. Aug 19 - 3:56 PM

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter "

That (if true) makes me feel better about him in a Keeper league but its still a big concern.

I was going by this:

"As part of the settlement that reduced his four-game suspension to three games, Le'Veon Bell was kept in Stage 2 of the NFL's substance abuse program.

This is a quietly big deal for Bell in Dynasty leagues. His next violation would not cost him ten games or a full season, which would've been the case had Bell advanced to Stage 3 of the substance abuse program. Instead, any future failed or missed test would only result in another four-game suspension. Expect to see Bell resume going in the late first round of fantasy drafts. DeAngelo Williams will only open the season starting three games, not four. Aug 19 - 3:56 PM

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter "

That (if true) makes me feel better about him in a Keeper league but its still a big concern.
I just realized I read your earlier post wrong. I agree with you on both counts.

Got Lev at 1.12 last night. RBs off the board were Gurley, AP, Zeke, Charles (Miller, David Johnson, Freeman were all keepers). League is 0.5 PPR, I was stoked. Took Alshon with the wraparound pick and next WRs picked were Cooper, Allen, Watkins, Cooks. I think Bell is a no brainer at the end of the 1st or later.

I definitely think Bell is a later 1st/ right at the beginning of the 2nd round pick at this point. 

At the 10th - 12th picks, to me, it makes a lot of sense to take Bell. You already know he's out 3 games, so you can draft accordingly to fill 1st 3 weeks with another starter  

heck, in most of my mocks at the 10th spot, both he & Lamar Miller are there and I'm actually torn between which of the 2 to take. 
What about Elliott vs Bell?

Even with 3 game suspension I hope to grab him in the first round.  I think I can live without him for the first 3 weeks and would be glad to have in the playoffs.

In our 12 team PPR redraft, Bell went 1.11 yesterday.  The new Bell owner took DeAngelo at 7.11.   RBs taken before Bell were:  Gurley (1.01), Johnson (1.03), Elliot (1.06), and Freeman (1.07).     Lamar Miller went 1.12.     The Bell owner was quite happy with his haul.

If he slips to the 2nd, I like him. He's only going to become more valuable over the next 3 weeks while others will lose value. In 3 weeks, he will trade equivalent to the first pick overall and could fetch you Julio or AJ from a zero RB team that is struggling at RB.

He went 3rd overall in my 14-team league last night (Julio, AB were the first two picks). 
Grabbed him in the 2nd round of 12 man league, non-PPR.  I was in the 8 slot and got D. Johnson first.  WRs were flying off the board so I went after two solid (hopefully) RBs.  I think Gurley, ADP, and maybe Elliot were the first 3 RBs taken.  Of course when I drafted Bell I got a few fake condescending "you know he's suspended for 3 games" comments from guys that were hoping he'd slip further.  

Grabbed him in the 2nd round of 12 man league, non-PPR.  I was in the 8 slot and got D. Johnson first.  WRs were flying off the board so I went after two solid (hopefully) RBs.  I think Gurley, ADP, and maybe Elliot were the first 3 RBs taken.  Of course when I drafted Bell I got a few fake condescending "you know he's suspended for 3 games" comments from guys that were hoping he'd slip further.  
I like that start and drafting from the 9 spot standard 12 team I'd take him all day in the second. Those guys giving comments were mad you sniped them.

Exact same start for me from the 8 spot,  except mine was ppr.  Followed that up with Allen, Maclin and Baldwin.  Made sure to grab D. Williams in rd 8.  

In our 12 team PPR redraft, Bell went 1.11 yesterday.  The new Bell owner took DeAngelo at 7.11.   RBs taken before Bell were:  Gurley (1.01), Johnson (1.03), Elliot (1.06), and Freeman (1.07).     Lamar Miller went 1.12.     The Bell owner was quite happy with his haul.
I am wondering when other Bell owners are taking DeAngelo?

I drafted Bell at 1.8 (lots of keepers in as well)... D Will went 3 picks before me in the 7th round. He went before guys like Matt Jones, Yeldon, etc. 

I got him with the 12th pick in 12 teamer. 

Deangelo then went in the middle of the 5th.

Pretty sure this was becasue I was making fun of the team that took him because he had only taken WR's up to this point - but let those would be Bell drafters be warned. 

I wouldn't have taken him with my previous picks so I as going to be hosed anyway, was debating if I could wait to get him with my 7/8th round when he got snagged.

I got him at with the 12th pick in 12 teamer. 

Deangelo then went in the middle of the 5th.

Pretty sure this was becasue I was making fun of the team that took him because he had only taken WR's up to this point - but let those be Bell drafters be warned. 

I wouldn't have taken him with my previous picks so I as gong to be hosed anyway, was debating if I could wait to get him with my 7/8th round when he got snagged.
I am in a league where 10 of the owners are Steelers homers.  There is a really good chance Deangelo goes in the 5th or 6th.

He looks pretty good, but not going to get used a ton it looks like this week. Too much spread but they are killing the Chiefs so hard to blame them.

He's looked great all night.  I'm not sure what folks were watching.

And he's got 22 touches to Deangelo's 3.

A TD would have been nice but he can save those for future weeks.

Welcome back!

Users who are viewing this thread