What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (6 Viewers)

PROBABLY zero concern moving forward.
True. The concern with Bell right now as it relates to Dynasty is it's going to be a massive struggle to sign him to a long term deal, he holds the leverage. I don't think it happens and zero chance he gets franchise tagged again next season. 

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
go back and read the early pages of this thread as a reminder of how we really just don't know, Lots of good dyno players whiffed on him. Jpeso, wdcrob.
there are 60 pages bro, can you give a synopsis?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top rookie fantasy play for me right now.

How about Merrill Hoge throwing him under the bus when he announced the pick..... "Wouldn't have been my pick..." what a tool to ruin this guys moment!

So it's settled then. He's between Reggie Cobb and Jim Brown.

Very happy an over rated back on rival college team was over drafted by rival pro team. Easier to avoid.

Problem is squeelers nailed the rest of the draft.

Grabbed him at 2. I believe he's Eddie George with hands

Don't confuse his slowness as being patient. Not impressive to me....

Bell waaayy too slow and not elusive to provide anything more then 2 yds. and a cloud of dust

no chance I'm drafting

Solid combine but overrated. Not as powerful as he should be and slow game speed.

6.75 3 cone is ridiculous for a man that size

What does Le'Veon Bell do better than Latavius Murray?

I was all over this guy. Drafted him 4th overall in a dyno draft :thumbup: . Then again, I drafted Tavon Austin #1 that same year :bag:   :wall:

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert declined to provide a timetable on Le'Veon Bell's (groin surgery) recovery.

"Our goal is to have him 100 percent for the 2017 season," is all Colbert would offer. Bell underwent surgery to repair a "core muscle injury" on March 13. Bell's recovery will almost certainly sideline him for all of OTAs, but he should be ready by or early in training camp. 25-year-old Bell has dealt with foot, groin, and multiple knee injuries entering his fifth NFL season.

Source: Gerry Dulac on Twitter 
Mar 26 - 3:57 PM

What would Bells dynasty value be right now in terms of player for player(s) trades? Let's say PPR. 

*In full disclosure, I had a specific question in the AC but after some discussion I was wondering where the SP in general stood.

What would Bells dynasty value be right now in terms of player for player(s) trades? Let's say PPR. 

*In full disclosure, I had a specific question in the AC but after some discussion I was wondering where the SP in general stood.
Have Bell on my dynasty team, and it would take a lot to pry him away from me.  Something like number 1 pick and top teir wr. Or top their wr and rb like Ajayi. In PPR he is such an advantage. 

made this trade in a 16 team, full IDP league on 4/12...

Gave up: Bortles, Blake JAC QB;Watkins, Sammy BUF WR;Posluszny, Paul JAC LB; Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.12

Received: Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB;Nunez-Roches, Rakeem KCC DT;Addison, Mario CAR DE

im not trading bell, trading up to grab conner in the 2nd.

I feel like pit is one of the team rbs to invest in long term.  kc too but no way am I paying a 1st for hunt.

Offered Hopkins and a couple 2nd for him in one league and was declined with no counter or comment.  May have been a bit lite, but Hopkins is still a 1st round startup player so it couldn't have been that far off.

In another league Bell was offered to me for Howard/Ajayi/'18 1st (pick should be late) and I declined.

Bell's a beast when he's on the field, but multiple suspensions,  multiple serious injuries,  and a somewhat uncertain future make him a player that I won't break the bank for. 

I traded Odell Beckham for Bell and a 2nd (right before the season Bell got injured).  I wasn't sure about the trade at the time, but that 2nd turned into David Johnson, so I think I won the trade overall.

As the Bell owner I definitely wouldn't trade him for Hopkins and 2nds. I just don't like Hopkins that much and I'm bullish on Bell. I'd probably at least have sent you that comment though.

If I was trading Bell it'd be for a top 3 WR, or top 6 WR and a top 6 pick.

I recently traded Bell for 1.03, 1.07, and 2018 1st.  I wouldn't do that in most situations, but this was an orphan team I took over that's in shambles and is 2 years from being ready to compete and I didn't want to risk what Bell or his value would look like at that time. 

I recently traded Bell for 1.03, 1.07, and 2018 1st.  I wouldn't do that in most situations, but this was an orphan team I took over that's in shambles and is 2 years from being ready to compete and I didn't want to risk what Bell or his value would look like at that time. 
Yeah, if your picks hit this is probably a good long term move, but I'd still have a hard time doing it. And if I didn't already own Bell I'd definitely give up that for him.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports franchise-tagged RB Le'Veon Bell "has not been spotted at minicamp."

Bell has not signed his franchise tender, so he is not obligated to attend the minicamp. The running back also did not show for OTAs, although he did meet with team doctors regarding his recovery from groin surgery. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette speculated a long-term deal between Bell and the Steelers "may not get done" both because of the value of the franchise tender ($12.12 million) and Bell's injury and suspension history. The two sides have until July 15 to work something out.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Jun 13 - 9:42 AM

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette speculated a long-term deal between franchise-tagged RB Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers "may not get done."

The two sides have until July 15 to work something out. Bouchette notes the value of the franchise tag ($12.12 million) along with Bell's injury and suspension history make working out a long-term deal difficult. Bell will likely be looking for the value of this year's tag and next year's tag ($14.5 million) guaranteed, which is a full $8 million more than LeSesan McCoy was guaranteed on his last deal. Bell could also see $12 million as the starting point for the AAV of his next deal, which is $4 million more than McCoy's contract. Bell may be worth those numbers, but the changing nature of the running back market makes his negotiations extremely tricky.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/358809/bell-pit-may-not-work-out-long-term-deal?ls=roto:PIT:topheadlines

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Steelers offered Le'Veon Bell "over" $12 million per year.

Pelissero adds the deal included $30 million in the first two years, which is more than Bell will make if he is tagged again next spring, and $42 million over three. If the details are accurate, the proposed deal would have blown the roof off the running back market, suggesting there was an issue with guarantees or perhaps a suspension provision. Bell has yet to sign his franchise tender and may wait well into training camp to do so, but there is little doubt he will eventually.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Ike Taylor on @NFLTotalAccess says Le'Veon Bell told him he wants to be paid as No. 1 RB PLUS a No. 2 WR (his 75 rec were 2nd most on team)
This makes Bell sound like the delusional fantasy owner who tries to trade you LeVeon for McCoy + TY Hilton...

His comprehension of how a salary cap works is at Sammy Watkins levels, if this quote is accurate.

Let's add "playing for contract" to reasons why Bell is worth his RB2 ranking. 
I'm pretty headstrong about most contract Seasons..  But, I aint so sure we should just add too a pile.   I realize no Team is gonna all of a sudden start to believe a guys soft.  But, its a hard sell, for damaged goods.   Put it this way,,  Can his agent really be saying:  Okay, IF you...   Then, we got additional Bank!    (Think a business man is more concerned w/ securities..)   No you want the Beast?  Ya put it up the Realz monies..  

I'm kinda paying attention to Bell, and the Steelers..  I don't believe adding "contract issues" can be added, in a nonchalant fashion..  Players been known to sit out, which I don't believe is the case..  But, I don't believe sitting out against the Steelers would be the bright thing to do.. 

In this case, can you expound why Bell should get an extra pass for "playing for contract" ?

I'm pretty headstrong about most contract Seasons..  But, I aint so sure we should just add too a pile.   I realize no Team is gonna all of a sudden start to believe a guys soft.  But, its a hard sell, for damaged goods.   Put it this way,,  Can his agent really be saying:  Okay, IF you...   Then, we got additional Bank!    (Think a business man is more concerned w/ securities..)   No you want the Beast?  Ya put it up the Realz monies..  

I'm kinda paying attention to Bell, and the Steelers..  I don't believe adding "contract issues" can be added, in a nonchalant fashion..  Players been known to sit out, which I don't believe is the case..  But, I don't believe sitting out against the Steelers would be the bright thing to do.. 

In this case, can you expound why Bell should get an extra pass for "playing for contract" ?
Not sure what all the stuff above is, or what you mean by "extra pass".... but, how about we just look at data from "Walk Year" players from 2010-2015 

AVG FP AVG YDS
RB +15.6 +141.4
WR +11.3 +78.0
TE +7.2 -30.7

First, as you can see, RB is the position MOST likely to benefit from "walk year bump", historically.

Assuming an average starting RB (let's use RB15 projections of 160FP, 800 yards) we're looking at an average of 10-15% bump in production for walk year RBs in 2010-2015 period. This obviously includes some guys who were on their way down, and some who were on their way up. To determine if we expect Bell to be on either side of that, let's look at the two likely factors that may contribute to this effect: 

1) PLAYER WANTS A BIG CONTRACT
Motivation drives performance, and for many guys money is a BIG motivator. Bell's rejection of a multi year 12MM deal pretty clearly states he believes he's worth a massive contract. One way to get that money is to to back up last year's performance with one this year of comparable or superior caliber. 

2) TEAMS RIDE THE HORSE ON ITS WAY OUT THE DOOR
Assuming Pitt thinks Bell is gone, it's safe to assume they will not pace his workload to protect an asset they do not own for the long term. They will squeeze that berry for all the juice they can get out of it. 

So.... we have history showing us RB's, on average, post stronger numbers in walk years, we have a situation that SEEMS to point toward Bell being motivated to post big numbers, and Pitt motivated to get as much production out of him as possible in a system that supports RB production.... and I think Bell is prime for a special year. 

Now... on a PPG level, he was already RB1 in some scoring systems, so we can question how much room does he have to move up? However I think it's safe to say that barring injury or suspension, he's as good a candidate as any to continue the trend. 

.. Then the Steelers feel compelled to sign a multi-yr contract w/ a 27 yr old RB..   <<  Think its the actual precursor that is most troubling..  Im not so sure Pitt makes unwise choices.  No, Im not saying that signing Bell would be a poor choice..  Im just saying that Pitt looks only for TEAM greatness (imo)    Think that OLine screams get me a TEAM oriented RB..

However, it appears BELL is an Elite RB, and a Team like DaRaiders next Season will at least consider the premise (in their mind)  Bad Season discount?  Its still a multi-yr deal..

When their all done squeezin  OR  Bell fakes hammy  OR  Before they start looking at burning multiple draft picks for next Season, because no clue what they have at RB 

When I mentioned extra pass, it was in relationship to an extra mark in a column..  No clue what marks would be in the Don't draft column..  Im just not so sure Contract Season would be lumped in their for me

I'm not really able to make much sense of your post in the face of evidence and thought pattern I laid out above. 

That said, you dont think the history applies to him for some not quite clearly explained reason. That's your right. Good luck with your drafts. Cheers. 

My apologies..  I appreciate the well wish's, but I only enjoy Dynasty.   So you still in fact help, but its in the direction of others percieved value..  I'm guilty of tossing a blanket to cover "contact yr." statements in the past..  (Still I think Bell has an awful lot to offer.) 

>>  Whats gonna make the Steelers feel compelled to sign a multi-yr contract w/ a 27 yr old RB..  <<

Now I just read a few articles from folks who probably know the intricacies of contracts (I don't)  One blurb explained the potential for compensation for next Season, could include two first round picks..  (Its like the Steelers appear in a no lose situation)  I like this link too (Few rookies are making the Big monies) https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/25/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-themmqb-andrew-brandt

Think its safe to say, NFL Teams is getting smarter..  The line for positive gains /negative loss, can become blurry..  But I'm sure some Teams, will have subtle tell-tale signs..  I might be slightly bias from listening (in the past) to the radio discussing Forte, and his Chicago contracts..  But, Its kinda like NFL teams don't have to please their customers  OR  They need to know what their doing..  I'm pretty sure Pitt knows what their doing

p.s.  The one link mentions benefits of Bell avoiding injury not practicing or something..  I was hoping you may consider the value of a Healthy Bell for the playoffs..  Thanx for the info provided,,  I may try an read it again tomorrow!

Officially reporting today.

LeVeon is a Beast when playing. I'm definitely concerned about him being in game shape and the potential for injury after sitting out so long though.

Is James Conner his backup, or will it be RBBC. Conner had decent preseason stats, but he leaves a lot of yards on the field. He looks slow. I'm not impressed, especially considering some of the guys drafted later, such as Cohen, Mack, Jones, Henderson. 

Steelers re-signed RB Le'Veon Bell to a one-year, $12.12 million contract.

As Bell said he would, he shows up the Friday following the preseason finale to sign his franchise tender, ending his summer holdout. It's obviously fair to have some concern about Bell's conditioning, but the Steelers are fully expected to throw Bell right into the fire as their Week 1 bell cow against the Browns. Bell will be a top-three fantasy back every week of the season. He's currently scheduled to hit free agency next March at 26 years old.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

Steelers re-signed RB Le'Veon Bell to a one-year, $12.12 million contract.

As Bell said he would, he shows up the Friday following the preseason finale to sign his franchise tender, ending his summer holdout. It's obviously fair to have some concern about Bell's conditioning, but the Steelers are fully expected to throw Bell right into the fire as their Week 1 bell cow against the Browns. Bell will be a top-three fantasy back every week of the season. He's currently scheduled to hit free agency next March at 26 years old.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitte
According to Adam Shefter Bell has reported to the Steelers but has not yet been resigned. He is slated to take a physical and assuming all is well will then ink the deal.

Bell to sign after passing physical

Bell ready  :thumbup:

Le'Veon Bell says he's ready for a "full load" in Sunday's opener.

Bell did say he was a "little winded" on Monday. 25-year-old Bell has demonstrated a remarkable ability to hit the ground running after long layoffs. We wouldn't expect him to be limited against the Browns.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter

Sep 4 - 2:13 PM

I'm not not worried.  Bell hasn't shown to be the most durable player.  He's also going free agent next year and has built up enough of a resume that being out with a soft tissue injury - should he have one - won't impact his payday.  Another serious injury though, should he have one, would significantly impact his payday... I'm trying to grab Conner where I am lucky enough to own Bell just in case he misses some games this year, as if he does get dinged I don't see him playing through it. I won't be suprised if they sign Dwill after week 1 either. 

Users who are viewing this thread