What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (4 Viewers)

This is my question too. Are there any scenarios that make sense that he reports, say week 4? (or any other random week)

Seems like week 10 is very likely.
If what someone posted earlier about the Steelers being able to offer him more money for just this year are true then that is the only way I could see him reporting sooner.

A quick example, Connor isn't good and gets hurt, Samuels isn't good either and they start 0 - 2 or something. Instead of signing someone off the street they could call Bell's agent and say okay we will give him 20 million to finish the year out. I think he might report then. I am just guessing and the odds of something like that happening are well under 1 percent.

Venturing to guess maybe only 1% of the human population would agree with you in this back and forth.  

Need to have poll question "who is more likely to be suspended at some point in the future, Bell or Gurley"?  Should be an interesting poll result.  
This poll needs done. Maybe it would help her?

I am not insulting him, this is true. You should have seen him in the NBA thread back in June.
I apparently have you on tilt so bad it is disturbing.  It;s causing you forget (assuming you knew) how to think with any sort of logic.  

Sorry.  I'll stop with you now

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ this is the worst thread of all time on the internet.  Congrats guys.
Totally agree.  At this point, I could care less what FF'ers think about the situation.  To quote a Dragnet star, "just the facts, ma'am".

I wish everyone would just post facts.  As a Conner owner, I feel I have to monitor this thread, but am getting tired of reading speculation by the same group of posters.  Do us all a favor - zip it, let the situation play out, and only post pertinent info, instead of your thoughts.  ALL thoughts have already been suggested.  ALL contract situations have already been discussed.  EVERY possible situation has been argued.  At this point, no one cares what you think - only what you know.

Sorry to be so short, but this thread seems to be the one to read for Bell/Conner owners.  Please stop filling it up with speculation.  FACTS please.

835k a week adds up quick. I understand he's trying to make a point and save his body for what he thinks will be a huge payday but I don't see how that payday will make up for all these loss checks (assuming he holds out for several weeks).

Besides, it's really not a good look for future teams.

835k a week adds up quick. I understand he's trying to make a point and save his body for what he thinks will be a huge payday but I don't see how that payday will make up for all these loss checks (assuming he holds out for several weeks).

I am gonna try something here - blah, blah, blah

I think blah blah blah

I am pretty sure blah blah blah

If I were Bell blah blah blah

Any post that has the words "I" and "think" in it are useless.  WE don't care what YOU think anymore.  Got any facts?

I think blah blah blah

Any post that has the words "I" and "think" in it are useless.  WE don't care what YOU think anymore.  Got any facts?
Thanks for the useful post full of facts.

No he didn't overcome him - and the Saints were always a RBBC team under Peyton.

I don't think anyone is disputing that they may let Bell walk after this year, that's perhaps even likely - but if they planned to let him go they would be even more likely to run him into the ground this year. Connor is a decent back, but nothing special. He may even get a year as a stop gap guy next year but he's not keeping Bell on the bench this year.
Looks like Conner won’t be on the bench much in week 1.  Looks like Conner will have a bigger impact and more touches this season.  

If some dude at his desk job took the option to sit out for a bigger payday everyone would be cheering him on.

Because people have Bell on their FF team they are angry he's trying to leverage his value.  

GTFO with that BS.
Tell me where the option in his contract is to sit

How did the fantasy community get this situation so wrong?

people drafting Bell number one or number two overall....and Bell universally ranked top 4...with this risk factor, he should have been taken closer to the end of the first...I feel like every site got his value completely wrong

it doesn’t make sense for Bell to let the Steelers put him at risk and put excess mileage on his legs.  The situation seems grossly unfair to the RB position especially....I honestly don’t see how he plays before week 10 unless Conner ####s the bed and the Steelers capitulate....

people drafting Bell number one or number two overall....and Bell universally ranked top 4...with this risk factor, he should have been taken closer to the end of the first...I feel like every site got his value completely wrong

it doesn’t make sense for Bell to let the Steelers put him at risk and put excess mileage on his legs.  The situation seems grossly unfair to the RB position especially....I honestly don’t see how he plays before week 10 unless Conner ####s the bed and the Steelers capitulate....
ESPN is by far the worse here BTW.  Just Thursday, they were discussing how they dropped him from 1 to 2 overall and maybe down to 4.  Really??  When did Hunt, Kamara, AB, Hopkins, Fournette all become chopped liver.  Risking losing your season over maybe a couple points every week doesn’t make any sense.  I intentionally avoided him all year in all formats for this purpose.  

Cardinals signed RB David Johnson to a 3-year, $39 million l extension worth up to $45 million, including $30M guaranteed, per source.

- Schefter

AZ totally gave a giant FU to the steelers rite now
Still less than what the Steelers offered Bell, maybe it’s more of a FU to Bell.  It was just about this time last year when people were talking DJ as the best back in the NFL. 

My thoughts exactly. Whatever money he loses in 10 games he’ll make up for it with guaranteed money next year. If I’m a team wanting him for free agency do I want a Bell coming off 150 carries or 400? Less wear and tear only adds to his value. He has nothing to prove so save the mileage. 

Assuming Conner plays well why would the Steelers be motivated to put Bell in uniform when he clearly only has his best interest (not saying I blame him) in mind?

.Bottom line is both sides would be better off at this point going their separate ways. I understand that there are some issues in potentially dealing Bell, but if I were the Steelers I would be doing my best to deal him ASAP 

Yes. Johnson 30 guaranteed. Bell 10. Steelers are over a barrel now. Gurley not the only one. DJ too.  Steelers should just trade him. 

Yes. Johnson 30 guaranteed. Bell 10
That number doesn’t even make sense man. He’s got 14.5 mil guaranteed for this year alone. What was DJ making? 850k? Do you know how many reports Rapoport has gotten wrong on the Steelers? Look at him this week alone. He reported Bell would be there Wednesday and Saturday. Maybe he’s good with other teams, I don’t know. When it comes to the Steelers he’s a clown. The $10 mil number came after he got his own initial report wrong! Also, no way in hell would Bell get cut next offseason. By the same report he had 33m on the table for the first two years of a 70m deal. Get out of here with this 10m nonsense. It’s just flat out not true.

Yes. Johnson 30 guaranteed. Bell 10. Steelers are over a barrel now. Gurley not the only one. DJ too.  Steelers should just trade him. 
In order to be traded he must sign the $14.5mm contract and the team being traded to needs to have the cap space and cannot negotiate a long term deal. 

We also need to define guarantee in these deals. 

In order to be traded he must sign the $14.5mm contract and the team being traded to needs to have the cap space and cannot negotiate a long term deal. 

We also need to define guarantee in these deals. 
They offered him a guarantee of $12-15 in 2017. There is no way they cut that number in the ‘18 offer. Once again though, the only source this is coming from is Rapoports Twitter feed.

Still less than what the Steelers offered Bell, maybe it’s more of a FU to Bell.  It was just about this time last year when people were talking DJ as the best back in the NFL. 
No, the only thing that matters in these contracts is the guaranteed money. DJ just got 3x of what they offered Bell. Makes Pitt look real bad. 

No, the only thing that matters in these contracts is the guaranteed money. DJ just got 3x of what they offered Bell. Makes Pitt look real bad. 
I challenge you to find a source for that number that doesn’t trace back to Ian Rapoport. Once I see that I’ll acknowledge it as the true number. Until then I’ll stand by Rapoport’s constant changing of the numbers and stories related to the Steelers. I don’t know how you come up with that number without placing it on top of the 14.5 mil of the franchise tender. That would be 24.5 mil guaranteed plus roster bonuses in the first two years (which was already at an estimated ~30m) and no doubt having heavy cap hits that would practically make it impossible to cut him. That’s how these contracts are structured. It’s also why Hyde, McKinnon and Lewis all essentially got one year deals this offseason. 

This is the short sighted outlook the owners hope players have in these situations.

ITS 850K OMG LOOK AT IT!  no no no dont worry about the 30/40/50m guaranteed in 2019 TAKE THE 850K ARE YOU STUPID?

Steelers looking bad in player relations.  :loco:

Tell that to Hines Ward, Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Aaron Smith, Brett Kiesel, Cam Hayward, Ali Villanueva, Maurice Pouncey, Vince Williams, Lawrence Timmons, Jerome Bettis, Heath Miller, Alan Fanaca, Troy Polamalu.... 3 coaches since 1969... right, they treat their people like absolute dog ####.

I challenge you to find a source for that number that doesn’t trace back to Ian Rapoport. Once I see that I’ll acknowledge it as the true number. Until then I’ll stand by Rapoport’s constant changing of the numbers and stories related to the Steelers. I don’t know how you come up with that number without placing it on top of the 14.5 mil of the franchise tender. That would be 24.5 mil guaranteed plus roster bonuses in the first two years (which was already at an estimated ~30m) and no doubt having heavy cap hits that would practically make it impossible to cut him. That’s how these contracts are structured. It’s also why Hyde, McKinnon and Lewis all essentially got one year deals this offseason. 
It doesn’t sound like you understand how the CBA works. They offered him a contract (reportedly for $10M). He rejected it. Then they franchise him. He can’t turn around and say okay to the contract on top of the franchise tag money. It’s either or not both. 

They probably would have been more aggressive with a long term deal because he didn't have the suspension risk and off the field baggage. That's how I read it. 
But if the deals they offered were fair & not below market value, and the Steelers just don’t value RBs enough to offer Bell more, they wouldn’t pay more just because he didn’t have the off the field baggage.

Unless those excuses were just BS, I guess.

You missed me saying this:

Regardless, one player has been suspended twice, one has not. But OK, they are on the same risk page.

EDIT: I see he's not in the program as of last month. Still a huge risk difference between Gurley and Bell as far as potential suitors.
This doesn’t change the fact that msu said one thing, you disagreed, were wrong, then tried to change what the conversation was about.

Ones the Johnson deal affect the franchise tag money?

answered my own question - tag money is set in stone in April...

I don't believe for a second that the Steelers offered him $10 million guaranteed or even $10 million a year for the life of the contract.

I do know this. Bell has said he feels his value is that of the best RB in the league PLUS that of a mid range WR. To me, that sounds like he wants Gurley money PLUS that of a midrange WR. Considering Lockett just got $11 million guaranteed, it seems to me that he wants Gurley money plus about $10 million in guaranteed money. I don't think he will get that from the Steelers or on the open market. But I can see him getting something more than Gurley and a lot more than DJ. 

Also, if he didn't report today, he's not reporting until after week 9. 

It doesn’t sound like you understand how the CBA works. They offered him a contract (reportedly for $10M). He rejected it. Then they franchise him. He can’t turn around and say okay to the contract on top of the franchise tag money. It’s either or not both. 
No, that’s not how that works. Good day. 

Still comparing apples to oranges. A team could use it against Bell in contract talks. I doubt they would, since they are trying to sign him and not piss him off. If an insurance company tried to hike up your rate after the tickets are off your record they will get into a lot of trouble. At least you tried and didn't compare him to a child molesters.
That's not how it works...

Insurance typically doesn't look back more than 5 years, but they know about everything and they wouldn't get in trouble if they wanted to charge more. 

This may have been posted earlier in the thread if so I didn't see it, but another forum said the Jets have now followed Bell on Instagram. "They only follow 88 other accounts, all of which are either current or former Jets people or other pages associated with the team".

https://imgur.com/a/YAnuhVk

Let the rumors flow.

This may have been posted earlier in the thread if so I didn't see it, but another forum said the Jets have now followed Bell on Instagram. "They only follow 88 other accounts, all of which are either current or former Jets people or other pages associated with the team".

Let the rumors flow.
Crowell and a first for Bell?

(starting a rumor based on nothing)

Let the rumors flow.
That’s some bad reporting.

I follow Le’Veon on IG. The NYJets verified account does indeed follow 88 accounts. Bell isn’t one of them.

Y’all go look for yourself.

I think blah blah blah

We could use guys like you in the political forum. C'mon over!

Users who are viewing this thread