What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Surfing Thread*** (1 Viewer)

OC Zed

Footballguy
The 2013 WCT campaign is about to begin at Snapper Rocks. Will Parko repeat? Will Kelly show up for the full tour? Will the world title come down to Rick Kane and Lance Burkhart dueling each other at Pipeline again? Giddyup!!!Anyways, does anyone know of a viable fantasy surfing league structure? Just eyeballing around the internet, it looks like the mags have their own versions of "fantasy surfing," but they don't appear to be the type with the closed-league format and where you draft and keep your surfers for the entire year (like you would with football, baseball, etc.). I'd love to get a league going here in the FFA or among my non-FBG friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Round 1 of the Roxy Pro almost completed. The ladies are ripping really hard.

Heat #5 of the Men's Round 1 is stacked... Slater, Kolohe and Dane. There is nothing else really compelling scheduled in the opening round.

Live Feed

The ladies are running again today. The waves look beautiful right now. The US's best surfer, Courtney Conlogue is currently taking on Silvan Lima in Round 4. Courtney, Brett Simpson and OC Zed share the same shaper. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Slater wins in a shootout today versus Kolohe and Dane. Kolohe showed a lot of fight and looked like he would take it before losing with a 15.73. Dane was typical Dane - one great wave and then disinterested through the rest of the heat.

Parko loses in a big upset to Wilko by just .03 points... setting up a huge Round 2 heat against Dane. Tough start for the defending champ.

Jordy Smith and CJ are in the last heat of Round 1.

Live Feed

The ladies' quarterfinals just started in barreling Kirra. These are the toughest conditions I've seen the women compete in. Courtney Conlogue just scored a sweet barrel.

Live Feed

Parko about to squeak by Adam Melling in Round 5. Melling blew his priority giving Parko a barrel behind the rocks to clinch the heat.

Gnarly.

Slater wins the first event of the year against Parko in the finals avenging last season's title loss. The guy is amazing... 41 years old and is still the best surfer in the world at a time when the level of talent on the tour has never been higher.

Round 1 of the Bells Beach event just finished. Some of the surprises...

...Willian Cardoso (who????) beating Taj

...Nat Young beating Jeremy Flores

...Filipe Toledo beating a rejuvenated Bede Durbidge

...Owen Wright getting beat by Glenn Hall and Ace Buchan

...Kolohe beating Jordy Smith and CJ Hobgood

John John missing this event all but kills his chances for a title this year. What a shame.

Live feed & highlights link

Slater wins the first event of the year against Parko in the finals avenging last season's title loss. The guy is amazing... 41 years old and is still the best surfer in the world at a time when the level of talent on the tour has never been higher.
I will pass along your regards next time I run into him at Taco City.

Shocking upsets all day... Brazilian Adriano DeSouza taking on American rookie Nat Young in the final. You have to root for Nat by default as Brazilian surfers are d-bags by default.

Live feed.

Kelly sitting on 20 with 11 minutes to go in the quarters epic!
Slater is back and is the man to beat. He was already the greatest surfer of all time, but his career post-40 years old has to be the most impressive considering the depth of competition is much greater now than at any point previously.

For all of you fans of surfing, the surf industry and surf culture, I just finished "Welcome to Paradise, Now Go to Hell" by Chas Smith. It's a chronicle of the author's time on the North Shore and all of its crazy social networks and politics. Lots of great inside stories... more than enough to realize the author will get absolutely pounded the next time he goes back. (Imagine Rabbit Bartholomew's supposed transgressions with "Bustin' Down the Door" x100.)

billabong pipe event running round 1 today in pretty epic conditions. Slater just lost his round 1 heat!

The 2015 season is about to kick off at Snapper Rocks on Friday...

I know it's last minute, but is there any interest among any of you surfing FBGs to put together a fantasy surf league/club over at Fantasy Surfer? I'm happy to do it just for bragging rights (no $$$). If you haven't played before, it's pretty simple - just draft your team based on the allotted cap values and you can swap your lineups throughout the year. It could be fun if we got 4 or more guys in the league.

http://fantasy.surfermag.com

OC Zed said:
The 2015 season is about to kick off at Snapper Rocks on Friday...

I know it's last minute, but is there any interest among any of you surfing FBGs to put together a fantasy surf league/club over at Fantasy Surfer? I'm happy to do it just for bragging rights (no $$$). If you haven't played before, it's pretty simple - just draft your team based on the allotted cap values and you can swap your lineups throughout the year. It could be fun if we got 4 or more guys in the league.

http://fantasy.surfermag.com
Midday bump for any other takers?

Users who are viewing this thread