What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perhaps the most impressive performance of all was rookie running back Christine Michael. He finished with 89 yards on 16 carries, including a long of 24 yards in the fourth quarter.

Michael seemed to get stronger as the night went on, and Carroll said he wanted to make sure to get the Texas A&M product into a rhythm.

We werent going to get frustrated with what happened early, and just keep sticking to it, Carroll said. He bounced the ball well outside on his long run had a couple of nice runs. Hes got a long way to go, but he ran hard, looked quick and made some guys miss. So I think its a very good first game for him.
He got stronger as the night went on because the Charger 3rd and 4th stringers were gassed. Not to take anything away from him, but.....
Yeah but they were all fresh and fighting for jobs...
they are still 3rd and 4th stringers. I like this chick's prospects too, but I have a hard time getting excited over Michael running strong at the end of a preseason game.
Also in regards to this argument, his blockers were 2nd/3rd/4th stringers.

We're normally so willing to 'accept' a player doesn't look great when his blocking is mediocre, whilst is most of preseason when the firsts go off.
You must be an owner because anyone that pimps anyone in the preseason based on their 3/4 quarter statistics is completely out of touch. I own michael and I think he will be good but too me the second half of a preseason game does nothing to convince me one way or the other
No less the 1st preseason game which probably has less intensity than some parts of practice during the week.

Lynch could be a cap casualty any year.
Anyone could be. But barring complete failure, at 5 million a year, it's unlikely.
His going rate goes up after this year. Seattle is already in a tight cap situation and have young players that will need re-signed. Entirely possible he's given an ultimatum of restructure or be cut in any future years. Moot point if either Michael or Turbin are not healthy or don't pull their weight but if they prove capable it's absolutely a possibility.
I think people are kidding themselves if they think Seattle is going to cut Lynch. I can think of a lot of other teams who might stand in line to sign him, including the other 3 teams in their division. I don't think it really matters what Michael and Turbin do. Lynch has had 17 100 yard games out of the last 27. The only person who might derail Lynch is himself, which of course, is certainly possible.
I actually think MAC makes a good point with the bolded that I havent really seen brought up in this thread. Everyone is thinking Lynch may be cut because of his own cap hit, but I think it might come down to the rest of the team more than him. Richard Sherman has cap hit <$700K/yr and is a UFA in 2015, Wilson has cap hit ~$800K the next 3 years and is a UFA in 2016 (guessing he signs a new deal before 2015 at the latest), Brandon Browner has cap hit $770K this year and is RFA in 2014, Bobby Wagner average cap hit around $1.15M the next few years and is UFA in 2016. These are some of their best players currently, and certainly guys of the future, and they are coming in at bargain basement prices. Add on Earl Thomas and Avril being UFA in 2015, Harvin's cap hit skyrockets starting next year, and it is pretty clear SEA is going to be in a sticky situation in 2015.

That said, if Lynch continues trucking on the next couple years and remains an integral part of the team, I can see other vets with big cap hits like Sidney Rice, Zach Miller, or the older DL guys (Bryant, Mebane, Clemons) be sent packing before him. Or of course Lynch renegotiating his price that year.

Perhaps the most impressive performance of all was rookie running back Christine Michael. He finished with 89 yards on 16 carries, including a long of 24 yards in the fourth quarter.

Michael seemed to get stronger as the night went on, and Carroll said he wanted to make sure to get the Texas A&M product into a rhythm.

We werent going to get frustrated with what happened early, and just keep sticking to it, Carroll said. He bounced the ball well outside on his long run had a couple of nice runs. Hes got a long way to go, but he ran hard, looked quick and made some guys miss. So I think its a very good first game for him.
He got stronger as the night went on because the Charger 3rd and 4th stringers were gassed. Not to take anything away from him, but.....
they are still 3rd and 4th stringers. I like this chick's prospects too, but I have a hard time getting excited over Michael running strong at the end of a preseason game.

We're normally so willing to 'accept' a player doesn't look great when his blocking is mediocre, whilst is most of preseason when the firsts go off.
You must be an owner because anyone that pimps anyone in the preseason based on their 3/4 quarter statistics is completely out of touch. I own michael and I think he will be good but too me the second half of a preseason game does nothing to convince me one way or the other
OK, so I agree that stuff in the 3rd and 4th quarters is not as good as tearing it up in the first against the starters. But we have no idea of knowing whether or not he would've gotten better against starters as the game went on because they weren't in there. We won't know until he gets a chance to play those guys late. Bruising RB's tend to gain momentum as the game goes on and the defenders get tired and sore. He could only play against who was in there. Just because the starters stopped him early, doesn't mean he couldn't have worn them down.

I give Michael a slight edge over Lattimore right now because he's healthy. I fully expect to basically have to redshirt them both this season for my dynasty team. That's ok. I can stumble through with other options from the scrap heap like Ahmad Bradshaw and the like.

I do expect Michael to have a better future because he's healthy though.

OK, so I agree that stuff in the 3rd and 4th quarters is not as good as tearing it up in the first against the starters. But we have no idea of knowing whether or not he would've gotten better against starters as the game went on because they weren't in there. We won't know until he gets a chance to play those guys late. Bruising RB's tend to gain momentum as the game goes on and the defenders get tired and sore. He could only play against who was in there. Just because the starters stopped him early, doesn't mean he couldn't have worn them down.
All true, but its hardly causing to be pimping the guy as the next big thing. And as I said, I am supporter...just think there was nothing special about that performance given the competition

TheFanatic said:
killface said:
Kree said:
Buffaloes said:

When your offense is going 3 and out every possession and only staying on the field a minute or so at a time the defense is going to have a hard time regardless of what 'stringers' they are.

killface said:
Kree said:
Buffaloes said:

I've been convinced of his talent for a while. I don't put any value on this game though other than the fact he's demanding touches. Honestly he's the only rookie RB I wanted a bar of dynasty, given I sort of doubt Bernard's full time credentials.

I was only highlighting the fact that we put so much value on the blocking to quantify running success, and despite the fact that he's facing 2nd/3rd/4th stringers, he's getting blocked by them as well.

Back spasms from last game.
Disappointing. This is one of those little things.....that you don't want to have happen in rookie training camp. Back spasms.....is he PMS'ing or something? Got to play through minor injuries.
Disappointing. This is one of those little things.....that you don't want to have happen in rookie training camp. Back spasms.....is he PMS'ing or something? Got to play through minor injuries.
Settle down Beavis.

Only someone who's never had a back 'spasm' would say something like this. I don't care if you're crossing a four lane highway when it hits, you're not going anywhere until it ends.

Only someone who's never had a back 'spasm' would say something like this. I don't care if you're crossing a four lane highway when it hits, you're not going anywhere until it ends.
:goodposting:

Ok. Are you concerned that a 22 year-old has such serious back spasms at this point, particularly given that he doesn't have the greatest track record of avoiding injuries?

Are you new to preseason football? Teams don't have players play through injuries in training camp.
He's a rookie. He needs every rep he can get. That's why coaches and teams typically like to see the rookies on the field. Are you new to football?

Ok. Are you concerned that a 22 year-old has such serious back spasms at this point, particularly given that he doesn't have the greatest track record of avoiding injuries?
I don't know why he's having them so no idea how big a deal it is. Just saying that they aren't something you can play through. I had some nerve damage last year and got a few of them. 'Spasm' is such a misnomer. Basically you're hit with a sudden pain and can't bend/unbend/twist (move) until it passes.

Are you new to preseason football? Teams don't have players play through injuries in training camp.
He's a rookie. He needs every rep he can get. That's why coaches and teams typically like to see the rookies on the field. Are you new to football?
OK. My last post in this thread and I probably should not post it since APK just doesn't get it. Michael certainly looks to have a ton of talent, he seems to have already shown that to the Seahawks. I think they feel he will be an important part of this team in 2013 therefore there is no reason to play him with a small injury at this point. That Marshawn Lynch guy that starts in Seattle has had some back issues the past couple of seasons and he seems to be doing OK. If I were to be worried about anything with Michael it would be that I believe he has character concerns. Those are more concerning than some back spasms. Wow. Please continue to take time to argue with everyone who has posted in this thread. I am done posting in this thread.

OK. My last post in this thread and I probably should not post it since APK just doesn't get it. Michael certainly looks to have a ton of talent, he seems to have already shown that to the Seahawks. I think they feel he will be an important part of this team in 2013 therefore there is no reason to play him with a small injury at this point. That Marshawn Lynch guy that starts in Seattle has had some back issues the past couple of seasons and he seems to be doing OK. If I were to be worried about anything with Michael it would be that I believe he has character concerns. Those are more concerning than some back spasms. Wow. Please continue to take time to argue with everyone who has posted in this thread. I am done posting in this thread.
See, this was actually a helpful post. As opposed to typing "are you new to preseason football?" Although, typing "APK just doesn't get it" is a pointless comment.

I "get" what you're saying, I just don't agree with you. Why is that such a horrible thing?

Michael owners likely want to see him carry the ball in 2013, you know, maybe 5-7 times per game. Or something like that. For a couple reasons: 1) it will demonstrate that Michael has his head straight enough to be part of the game plan, 2) similar to Turbin producing when given the chance last year, it would provide an opportunity to evaluate Michael's production, 3) it will help us understand where Michael is relative to Turbin.

If Michael sits out a bunch of preseason because of spasms a) it means he loses valuable learning time, b) it sets him back relative to Turbin - who he had the opportunity to accelerate past b/c Turbin was out earlier in preseason, c) it reduces the odds that Michael sees the field in 2013.

I'm not sure why anyone would disagree with what I typed above. You can read it all and say "meh, he wasn't going to touch the ball at all in 2014 anyway." That's a reasonable perspective. But I doubt most Michael owners were hoping for that outcome.

Is there not still a good chance, that Lynch is suspended for two misdemeanor charges: driving under the influence, and driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit of 0.08 percent. He keeps delaying this but for how much longer. I think this could be his last year as a Seahawk. He is getting at least 8 IMO or a year because of the Buffalo incident also. What did Leonard Little get.

I would be buying Michel now before he shoots up in value next off-season. Seattle is bringing in other RB's for a big reason that are like Lynch because they like that game and know he is gone sooner rather than later.
Someone, a Lynch owner who is trying like hell to trade for Michael, was telling me that that Goodell will not address this at all even if convicted. Don't remember the exact wording. Something like Goodell saying that he would let the courts do their punishment and that was it...

Is there not still a good chance, that Lynch is suspended for two misdemeanor charges: driving under the influence, and driving with a blood-alcohol level over the legal limit of 0.08 percent. He keeps delaying this but for how much longer. I think this could be his last year as a Seahawk. He is getting at least 8 IMO or a year because of the Buffalo incident also. What did Leonard Little get.

I would be buying Michel now before he shoots up in value next off-season. Seattle is bringing in other RB's for a big reason that are like Lynch because they like that game and know he is gone sooner rather than later.
Someone, a Lynch owner who is trying like hell to trade for Michael, was telling me that that Goodell will not address this at all even if convicted. Don't remember the exact wording. Something like Goodell saying that he would let the courts do their punishment and that was it...
Crippler doesn't know what he is talking about. The things in Buffalo and things w/ the Hawks fall into two separate catagories and he will get 2-4 if convicted. Even at that his hearing was delayed till december and will probably get delayed again.

Crippler doesn't know what he is talking about. The things in Buffalo and things w/ the Hawks fall into two separate catagories and he will get 2-4 if convicted. Even at that his hearing was delayed till december and will probably get delayed again.
It wasn't Crippler.

My point was I don't remember Goodell ever saying, "I'll let the courts deal with it and the NFL will just set that as the punishment" for Lynch of ANY other NFL player in trouble with the law.

There's conflicting info on a Lynch suspension if he's convicted, but I believe this is correct:

First, and as we previously have explained, Lynch’s DUI arrest falls not under the personal-conduct policy but the substance-abuse policy. And the substance-abuse policy states that, ordinarily, a first-offense DUI results in a fine in the amount of two game checks.

Thus, while Lynch has had a couple of incidents under the personal-conduct policy, Lynch never has been charged with or convicted of DUI. If/when he is, he’ll be suspended only if the league finds “aggravating circumstances,” whatever that may mean.

Second, and perhaps most importantly, Lynch can’t be disciplined for DUI until he’s convicted of or pleads guilty to DUI. Since the legal system typically moves fairly slowly, it’s unlikely that Lynch’s case would be resolved in court and his discipline resolved by the league and his appeal be heard and finalized, again by the league.
That hearing has been re-scheduled for November 1, with a readiness hearing scheduled for December 27. The league could consider discipline before then, but at this point, there is no word from the league office about Lynch.

With that in mind, Field Gulls provided some useful in their post that would indicate Lynch is more likely to face a fine. According to Pro Football Talk, DUIs are disciplined under the league's substance abuse policy, as opposed to the personal conduct policy. Lynch was suspended three games in 2009 for a gun charge, but has never been disciplined under the substance abuse policy. A first offense under the substance abuse policy is usually a fine.

It is possible the league could somehow use both policies and impose a suspension, but even if they do, it won't be happening anytime soon.
That's assuming he's convicted or pleads guilty to something relating to alcohol. Apparently part of the delay in the case stems from the fact that the dash cam in the car of the cop that pulled him over may have been turned off ('malfunctioned') during the incident. So it's no given that Lynch will lose the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone was wondering his dynasty draft value - just went at 1.09 in our ridiculously late rookie draft.

Surprised this hasn't been bumped yet. I didn't see the game, but apparently 11-97-1, 1-25-0 don't do justice to the show. Anyone that saw it have anything to add?

Surprised this hasn't been bumped yet. I didn't see the game, but apparently 11-97-1, 1-25-0 don't do justice to the show. Anyone that saw it have anything to add?
He looked good, but his long TD run was a hole big enough to drive a car through. His explosiveness thru it was impressive bit a lot of RBs take that to the house IMO. Also, he was running mostly bs the 2nd team. Now, he made them look pretty foolish as he should. I wouldn't say it was a bump worthy day. It could actually be interpreted the opposite as Turbin saw action before him with the first team and Turbin also looked good.

Just a few more weeks until this person plays in a regular season game and officially goes into the books as the most embarrassing name in NFL history. I suppose Christine is better than Susan or Dorothy or Jennifer, though.

He looked good, but his long TD run was a hole big enough to drive a car through. His explosiveness thru it was impressive bit a lot of RBs take that to the house IMO. Also, he was running mostly bs the 2nd team. Now, he made them look pretty foolish as he should. I wouldn't say it was a bump worthy day. It could actually be interpreted the opposite as Turbin saw action before him with the first team and Turbin also looked good.
So nothing to see -- didn't really look very impressive then?

Just a few more weeks until this person plays in a regular season game and officially goes into the books as the most embarrassing name in NFL history. I suppose Christine is better than Susan or Dorothy or Jennifer, though.
Tracy Scroggins and Dana Stubblefield disagree.

Terrific burst on the TD run. Had a nice spin move on another. My immediate comp is a young Felix Jones. I mean that in a good way. Need to see more though.ETA: now that I think about it, Ahman Green is a better comp, at least for running style

His teammates supposedly call him the thundering beast, as opposed to Lynch being beast mode. I literally felt my TV shake when he was running the ball. The guy is a special talent and all he needs is chance to show what he can do. I know about his off field issues, but it's still mystifying that he wasn't drafted by a team that is in desperate need of help at RB.

Shocked nobody mentioned the one-handed reception. He's way more athletic than I would have expected. Not just fast, but explosive. Another positive... he finishes his touches by lowering his shoulder and trying to run people over. Rare combination of power and speed.

Shocked nobody mentioned the one-handed reception. He's way more athletic than I would have expected. Not just fast, but explosive. Another positive... he finishes his touches by lowering his shoulder and trying to run people over. Rare combination of power and speed.
You nailed it!! Thundering beast

I see no reason not to stash this guy in redraft. I know it's not likely he has a real fantasy impact this year but stranger things have happened.

Terrific burst on the TD run. Had a nice spin move on another. My immediate comp is a young Felix Jones. I mean that in a good way. Need to see more though.ETA: now that I think about it, Ahman Green is a better comp, at least for running style
Good comparison as to what I saw...good combo of speed and power and showed nice hands on the reception.

yes agreed could have drove a milk truck through that but agree guy is explosive, powerful, fast and should be a stud in 2-3 years... first round pick in start up by 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread