What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael cant even offer anything in special teams. Truth.
He is an okay kick returner, but not so good that he justifies an active spot on gameday without a prominent role elsewhere.

As far as Turbin being better, that's laughable. You can bump this 2-3 years from now when Michael is a top 12-15 dynasty RB and Turbin is waiting tables.

He is an okay kick returner, but not so good that he justifies an active spot on gameday without a prominent role elsewhere.

As far as Turbin being better, that's laughable. You can bump this 2-3 years from now when Michael is a top 12-15 dynasty RB and Turbin is waiting tables.
Ill give you that. Ive never argued about him beyond this year. I prefer CM long term (post Lynchs Seattle days).

SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT THE 2013 HANDCUFF.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you really think Robert Turbin is going to become a waiter?

Do you really think Robert Turbin is going to become a waiter?
I was just joking.

If you want my real opinion, he might be good enough to stick around the league for a while as a backup. I don't think he will ever be a starter. I watched quite a bit of him this preseason and was not impressed. He is a stiff runner and not very adept at making anyone miss. As the poster above said, he gets what's blocked and nothing more. A guy like that is always easy to replace.

TheFanatic said:
The same thing was said about Daryl Richardson spelling SJax. Many, myself included, thought he was going to be strictly a scat back. Now he's starting. I feel he doesn't have the frame to stay the starter, but that's just me. I was wrong about him becoming the starter. Maybe we're assuming too much about CM here too and not enough for Turbin...
Not a parallel situation to Pead/Richardson. Turbin is a second year player. Michael is a rookie. In general, veterans have a leg up on rookies.

Michael is a much better runner than Turbin. Don't overthink this. Michael was the freakiest athlete at the RB position in the draft by a pretty wide margin. He was a 2nd round draft pick. He generated a big buzz in practices almost immediately. He carried that over to the games, leading the NFL in preseason rushing yardage and averaging 5.0 YPC. Turbin is an okay player, but nothing exceptional. Michael has a chance to be one of the top runners in the league.

The dynasty play is to sell Turbin for anything approaching reasonable value and to buy Michael in the off chance that you can find an owner willing to sell.
Pead missed all of training camp last year, and played extremely little, practically a rookie compared to Richardson's experience

Pead was a 2nd round pick

There are lots of parallels.

Just playing Devil's advocate. I drafted Michael. But we make it seem like a 2nd round pick is a lock, when it has been shown time and time again, that 2nd rounders are not locks. Even more so now with the new CBA.

Just playing Devil's advocate. I drafted Michael. But we make it seem like a 2nd round pick is a lock, when it has been shown time and time again, that 2nd rounders are not locks. Even more so now with the new CBA.
His dynasty trajectory is going one way and that's up. I already listed all the reasons. If you really want to compare him to Pead...

Michael

- freak athlete

- excellent buzz out of training camp

- awesome preseason

Pead

- mediocre athlete

- no buzz out of training camp

- terrible preseason

Pead was overrated because of opportunity. Michael is underrated for the same reason.

The thing about using their draft position to compare them is that both players have already come into the league and shown us who they are to some extent. For me, Pead has a much worse outlook than a typical 2nd rounder and Michael has a much better one. That's based partially on what I thought of them pre-NFL, but largely on what they have (and haven't) shown on the field. It is kind of a joke to compare Michael to Pead at this point, tbh.

The problem with Michael right now is that the savvier owners already know what they have, so they're not going to sell him for anything less than a criminal price. I see him ranked really low on dynasty websites (RB25-35?), but his owners value him far above that. So he's not quite the buy low you might think.

Lots of people say that stuff. "He'll be flipping burgers in a few years". You said he'll be waiting tables. Many of these guys have college degrees. The only people with college degrees that wait tables are actors and law school graduates. Maybe it's a racial thing, I don't know.

Turbin is better than starters on several teams today -- he'll get a shot sooner or later. Sort of on the fence about what happens when he does though.

If Michael is dedicated and smart enough to play in the NFL he'll be a monster IMO. Especially on the Seahawks, where the odds are now decent he'll play in a good/great situation for most of his career.

Lots of people say that stuff. "He'll be flipping burgers in a few years". You said he'll be waiting tables. Many of these guys have college degrees. The only people with college degrees that wait tables are actors and law school graduates. Maybe it's a racial thing, I don't know.
Just a joke, man. Relax.

People say stuff like that all the time as an exaggerated way of saying a guy has no real future in the league.

It's not meant to be taken literally.

One of the reasons I have trouble following a lot of your projections and insight, which I think has some real value EBF, is that you just continue to double down in spite of evidence to the contrary. Turbin looks like he belongs in the NFL for sure. He's a pretty good player. But because he is listed as RB2 Seattle and Michael isn't, you feel this need to increase your hyperbole on him.

Were't you one of the big Jonathan Stewart guys that just continued to double down in spite of lackluster performace year after year? Its ok to be wrong sometimes.

One of the reasons I have trouble following a lot of your projections and insight, which I think has some real value EBF, is that you just continue to double down in spite of evidence to the contrary. Turbin looks like he belongs in the NFL for sure. He's a pretty good player. But because he is listed as RB2 Seattle and Michael isn't, you feel this need to increase your hyperbole on him.
Turbin is a decent player. Nothing more. There are lots of decent players in the NFL. When you add up all of the quality starters, all of the quality backups, and all of the soon-to-be NFL players dominating in college, Turbin doesn't rate as a top 32 back in the game. He's one of those guys like Tashard Choice or Michael Bush who will always hover around the fringes. If he does somehow land a starting job, he will have a short leash and be in massive danger of getting pipped.

That's not hyperbole. Just an honest take. An average player like Turbin isn't a big long term threat to a high ceiling talent like Michael.

Were't you one of the big Jonathan Stewart guys that just continued to double down in spite of lackluster performace year after year? Its ok to be wrong sometimes.
You mean the guy with a 4.7 career YPC average? I would not call that lackluster. Stewart has been a bust for FF purposes, but not in NFL terms. He is a great player when healthy and would be a top 15 back in the league if 100%.

:goodposting:

TheFanatic said:
The same thing was said about Daryl Richardson spelling SJax. Many, myself included, thought he was going to be strictly a scat back. Now he's starting. I feel he doesn't have the frame to stay the starter, but that's just me. I was wrong about him becoming the starter. Maybe we're assuming too much about CM here too and not enough for Turbin...
Not a parallel situation to Pead/Richardson. Turbin is a second year player. Michael is a rookie. In general, veterans have a leg up on rookies.

Michael is a much better runner than Turbin. Don't overthink this. Michael was the freakiest athlete at the RB position in the draft by a pretty wide margin. He was a 2nd round draft pick. He generated a big buzz in practices almost immediately. He carried that over to the games, leading the NFL in preseason rushing yardage and averaging 5.0 YPC. Turbin is an okay player, but nothing exceptional. Michael has a chance to be one of the top runners in the league.

The dynasty play is to sell Turbin for anything approaching reasonable value and to buy Michael in the off chance that you can find an owner willing to sell.
Turbin is the better football player.
:bs:
EBF,

I agree with your assessment that Michael is the better dynasty play here, but I think you're selling Turbin a bit short if you truly believe that he poses no threat to Michael long-term. I could see Michael as the main ball carrier on 1st and 2nd down in the future with Turbin in on third downs and change of pace. Not a full blown RBBC, but not exactly a situation where Turbin will be nothing more than a 5 touch back like he seems to be right now.

Just my two cents based on how I view their talent levels.

Christine Michael got into the game when Seattle brought in Tavaris Jackson and all the reserves vs. Jacksonville!
After watching him run, I remain as excited about his prospects as ever (in dynasty, NOT REDRAFT). Rookie debut jitters aside, some of his runs were pretty.

Christine Michael got into the game when Seattle brought in Tavaris Jackson and all the reserves vs. Jacksonville!
After watching him run, I remain as excited about his prospects as ever (in dynasty, NOT REDRAFT). Rookie debut jitters aside, some of his runs were pretty.
Rookie RB Spencer Ware (ankle) "won't make it back this week" according to Carrol.

That will allow Michael to be active once again. But being behind Ware really does speak about the "coaches trust" issue.

His natural ability is pretty evident when you watch him. And he actually earned 6 snaps on special teams, which is a big deal.

Well, Spencer Ware is listed as a FB. If Ware was actually being played at that position, that would be a solid reason to favor activating him over Michael.

Larry Seely is gold. Check out some of his other articles:"St. Louis Rams - Would Adding Michael Turner Improve Offense?"

"New England Patriots - Adding Deion Branch a Good Move?"

"New England Patriots - Adding Laurent Robinson a Good Move?"

"Washington Redskins - Is It Time to Start Kirk Cousins?"

"Houston Rockets - Trading Asik for Ryan Anderson Possible?"

Larry Seely is gold. Check out some of his other articles:"St. Louis Rams - Would Adding Michael Turner Improve Offense?"

"New England Patriots - Adding Deion Branch a Good Move?"

"New England Patriots - Adding Laurent Robinson a Good Move?"

"Washington Redskins - Is It Time to Start Kirk Cousins?"

"Houston Rockets - Trading Asik for Ryan Anderson Possible?"
Lately I've been listening to: Nickelback

On the Turbin issue, I had him on my roster last year and extended his contract into this year based on opportunity (same as Michael has now) and what I saw on the field. I think he looked pretty good last year. That being said, I like Michael better. But right now, I would take Turbin on the Rams in a heartbeat!

Rookie RB Spencer Ware (ankle) "won't make it back this week" according to Carrol.

That will allow Michael to be active once again. But being behind Ware really does speak about the "coaches trust" issue.

His natural ability is pretty evident when you watch him. And he actually earned 6 snaps on special teams, which is a big deal.
He's not behind Ware. I think he played ahead of him in every preseason game.

Ware is a more versatile player and can play special teams.

No he isnt, but it directly effects how many RBs (incl anyone who can take a handoff) are active.

The minute Ware wasn't active, we all pretty much knew Michael would be active again.

No he isnt, but it directly effects how many RBs (incl anyone who can take a handoff) are active.

The minute Ware wasn't active, we all pretty much knew Michael would be active again.
People are not rostering Michael to get 2 pts. They are rostering him in the event Lynch goes down. If that happens he will get the majority of the carries.

People are not rostering Michael to get 2 pts. They are rostering him in the event Lynch goes down. If that happens he will get the majority of the carries.
Even had they wanted to get 2 pts per game, they wouldnt be getting that thus far... the team didnt trust him enough for that kind of playtime. Welcome back to the thread btw.

Buy in redraft for the monumental upside... and lynch runs awfully violently for an rb his age.
Whats the price we should be paying?

Consider the Michael owner has 'em for a reason, and if he is already willing to use up a roster spot he wont just give him away.

Even had they wanted to get 2 pts per game, they wouldnt be getting that thus far... the team didnt trust him enough for that kind of playtime. Welcome back to the thread btw.
Dude, did this guy pork your girlfriend or something? You have an unusual amount of interest in trying to make sure people think he sucks...

I don't think he sucks. Read my previous posts that I like him in dynasty. I do think some people were greatly over valuing his redraft value though.

He has been far closer to my value estimation in redraft then the bandwaggooneers thus far.

All Im really trying to do is place appropriate value on him - for redrafts. And eschew the hyperbole of people who have already bought him or are Seahawk fans.

His redraft value has already gone up from where it was at the onset, and that's with him being deactivated and then only playing with reserves.

I don't think he sucks. Read my previous posts that I like him in dynasty. I do think some people were greatly over valuing his redraft value though.

He has been far closer to my value estimation in redraft then the bandwaggooneers thus far.

All Im really trying to do is place appropriate value on him - for redrafts. And eschew the hyperbole of people who have already bought him or are Seahawk fans.

His redraft value has already gone up from where it was at the onset, and that's with him being deactivated and then only playing with reserves.
I think part of the problem is that there's not always a way for people to tell who is talking redraft, and who is talking dynasty. Hype builds around some guys in the Shark Pool, and redrafters get caught up in it when in reality, the majority of the hype is long-term dynasty thinking. But its not always apparent and honestly, I'd say most of the prolific posters here are generally dynasty owners. But again, its not always obvious. So it bleeds over into the redraft mindset when it shouldn't.

I'm the biggest CM fan there is, but if I was in a redraft, I wouldn't roster him unless there were ultra deep benches. I would save my roster spots for guys I expect to play this year and take my chances on the WW if Lynch actually goes down. Holding a guy hoping that another guy, with little injury history, will go down is not a great idea. Guys that held onto Edelman because they worried about Amendola and his history got paid off, but Lynch isn't gimpy like that.

I think part of the problem is that there's not always a way for people to tell who is talking redraft, and who is talking dynasty. Hype builds around some guys in the Shark Pool, and redrafters get caught up in it when in reality, the majority of the hype is long-term dynasty thinking. But its not always apparent and honestly, I'd say most of the prolific posters here are generally dynasty owners. But again, its not always obvious. So it bleeds over into the redraft mindset when it shouldn't.
Yup.

Michael is a good prospect for possibly 2014, but maybe not until 2015. Expecting anything in 2013 without an injury or other issue with Lynch will likely lead to disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread